Captain Phasma #1 (Sep 6)
Darth Vader #5 (Sep 6)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXmZTkbcNfg
youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_7MWNWJReqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the FUCK?! The figures are supposed to be in scale with each other, so why is the Praetorian Guard so small?

Don't tell me theyre actually manlets

What is she, /swco/?

Better version coming through.

A man!

>I only care about conflicts with the actual show
>"The last I saw him, he was rushing off to save the chancellor"

youtube.com/watch?v=BXmZTkbcNfg

Uh... user. Plus, those were the planned last episode of TCW.

Well, think about it, Snoke is walking around, and you see these little gay red manlets, you think nothing of them, you're a resistance spy, so you decide to punch Nazi Snoke and WHAMMO! You've got yourself a spicy Praetorian manlet fist sandwich, and your head is the meat!

They're there to be underestimated.

>none of the Luke figures come with a lightsaber

Either they're willing to sabotage the toy sales to hide the reveal of him using his lightsaber, or Luke isn't going to use it.

To be fair, the first wave of Rey TFA to didn't give her a lightsaber neither, because they somehow thought the public would be fooled into thinking Finn was the Jedi of the movie.

Either they're saving it because him using his lightsaber is going to be some big moment and they don't want to give their moneyshot away, or he genuinely doesn't have it anymore.

>Han goes from General and future-Husband in ROTJ to loner Smuggler again
>Leia's victory over the Empire is wasted because she is back to commanding against Stormtroopers again
>Luke's "Return of the Jedi" was wasted because all his Jedi die offscreen
>Vader and Sheev replaced as if their deaths in ROTJ never happened
>Anakin's Lightsaber is treated like fucking Excalibur, ignoring that it wasn't even present in ROTJ

So, JJ hates ROTJ too right? It's like he re-wound the Galaxy to be right where it was left in ESB.

It's his hand

I want to hug Old Luke and tell him everything is going to be okay

Only hug him?

>
>

They may yet be released, though. While TCW was only released in proper episode form through episode 6:13, the Clone Wars Legacy project has been aggressive. We've got complete adaptations of planned episodes in Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple, plus the Utapau and Bad Batch story reels. On top of that, who knows how much the Ahsoka YA novel adapted and condensed? Dave Filoni's too deep into Star Wars at this point, he's gonna find some way to get all this stuff to us.

The worst possible thing for /swco/ would be if Filoni somehow got axed. If Disney decides that after the demise of Rebels, regular Star Wars shows just aren't worth it, that would be the end of TCW Legacy. Everything going forward would be a movie, a novel (which is always a roll of the dice), a Marvel comic (and Marvel's comic division is 3/4 dead at this point), another Disney show (fat chance with Rebels' viewership numbers), or a video game (EA, so it's already automatically cancer).

Hug. No Fug.

>Anakin's Lightsaber is treated like fucking Excalibur, ignoring that it wasn't even present in ROTJ

That's how Lucas always described it though. And it makes sense that Rey would get Force visions from it just ad Ben got force visions from Vader's helmet. That being said, J.J. is a hack writer.

>How the fuck did you even get that, it fell into a gas giant
>A GOOD QUESTION FOR ANOTHER TIME :^)))))

Just give in.

>Disney Wars without FIloni

I might actually quit Star Wars if that happens. Filoni is light in the dark right now.

by that they mean in books and shit

Because that is why Threepio has a red arm, just so they could sell books about how he got it

They are literally changing character traits and making up story elements just so they can not explain them and sell more shit in the process

man were fucked

I like it, one big wing.....like to why was this not guarding Starkiller base or how did they hide it from the new republic.

I dont mind the visions, its not even a new force power. Same thing happened when Vos touched Ventress's lightsaber in Dark Disciple.

I just hate how the entire Galaxy got re-wound to be as if things were picking up from ESB.

Vader-I mean Kylo, is an ominous threat who is serving Sheev-I mean Snoke, who is sitting comfortably in his bigger battlestation.

Han is "dead"-I mean, actually dead this time.

Luke isn't even getting a new Lightsaber because Rey is just bringing him back his excalibur, which was know he is going to let Rey keep anyways.

It's just sad that they didn't even let Luke keep his """"""""new""""""" lightsaber.

I would also say Edwards as well, but he isn't confirmed to direct anything after Rogue One

>He didn't even keep the red arm.

You're an idiot, not everything is a conspiracy to sell shit you know.

JJ gave C3PO a red arm to reference Kojima, who is friends with him. They span a single issue comic out of it to tell the story.

I like the design though I think the size is too over the top. Apparently this is Snoke's super-secret hideout so that would probably explain why it wasn't guarding Starkiller Base.

That doesn't explain why SKB had such piss poor defense, though.

I WANNA SEE HIS GREEN LIGHTSABER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YEAH

I WANNA SEE IT TOO DAMNIT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I will remember that droid by wearing his arm
>HELLO IT'S ME THREEPIO DID YOU SEE MY RED ARM? LOOK I HAVE A RED ARM NOW
>meh I've honored what's-his-face long enough time for my regular arm

>When the New Republic is so stupid that they cannot locate a weapon the size of an entire planet

They should have just let the empire stay in power T B H

I like how half of them look like they don't even know why they're there

Reylo is real.

>putting all your military might in one place
What are you, retarded? This isn't the New Republic.

That being said, I'd say it was in the Unknown Regions.

This confused the FUCK out of me in theaters. We always hear how powerful the Falcon's engines are. In the same fucking movie, the melt Rathtars before jumping into hyperspace. So why the FUCK do they all gather around the Falcons open engines when it's taking off?

I love how they specify what planet Rey is from

>piss poor defense, though.
did you miss the whole end of the movie?

finn told them where the weak spot was, they lowered the planetary shield, han solo dropped out of light speed in the atmosphere and they almost fucked it all up when they couldn't actually punch through the thing compressing the power of a fucking star.

So is "Rey of Jakku" her official name now?

BUT ITS THE FALCON!!

WE CLAP WHEN WE SEE THE FALCON!!

What's on your TLJ wishlist, anons?

For me - I wanna see Leia kill someone. And I don't mean indirectly, or accidentally. I want her to look into the whites of somebody's eyes and blow them away, This li'l lady is a one-woman-violence-machine in the OT and, seeing as this'll be Carrie's last appearance in the series, I want Leia to ice a motherfucker one last time.

>they lowered the planetary shield
Yeah, all it took was threatening one person to make it happen, and nobody even noticed the shield had been lowered until a bunch of X-Wings show up. Then you've got a small band of poorly piloted TIEs to protect it.

>Rey of Jakku

>this guy dies then shows up again in that scene

I think they just do it for Forces of Destiny, since everyone else has a full name
>Princess Leia!
>Sabine Wren!
>Jyn Erso!
>Ahsoka Tano!
>Rey

JJ's a hack. What else is new?

The only explanation I'll accept for him not having a lightsaber anymore, is that he has become so skilled in the force that he has transcended the need of a lightsaber.

>Luke doesn't turn evil
>Kylo turns good, REY is the one who turns evil
>Luke and Kylo team up against Snoke, but Rey doesn't join them
>Luke is probably gonna die, Kylo escapes in the Falcon
>Luke will probably at least go out fighting Snoke like Dumbledor and Voldemort in HP5
>Poe fucks off and dies
>Chewbacca dies

Those are my hopes to make the movie as un-OT/ESB as possible. Yes its petty, and yes I know I am asking for a lot of deaths, but please god, its the only way to make Episode IX interesting to me. Raise the fucking stakes and put the Galaxy in a position that we havent seen it in before.

He's still got the saber in Shattered Empire. That happens after ROTJ. So he recovered it even after he threw it away here: youtube.com/watch?v=T5OnOTMJRhQ

And he doesn't lose in the Shattered Empire story either, so he's still got it when that ends. Nothing else has happened yet to deprive him of it, so he might still have it.

Now, we learned in the Soule Vader series that Yoda's saber was destroyed, so Yoda didn't have a saber to use while he was in self-exile on Dagobah, but I get the sense Luke will be more of a jade and disillusioned Yoda figure (he says that the Jedi must end, for chrissakes) in TLJ.

I'm even ready for the possibility that TLJ may be the abolition of the Jedi Order and the establishment of something different. Something new.

Which would at least be better than TFA from a storytelling perspective, since TFA just kind of reset everything to the same position the galaxy was in right after ANH.

>Evil Rey

Muh dick

>And he doesn't lose in the Shattered Empire story either, so he's still got it when that ends. Nothing else has happened yet to deprive him of it, so he might still have it.
Not sure Shattered Empire is a good measuring point since it's three decades before TFA.

Frankly I think if he really did lose it, it was probably Kylo that destroyed it somehow. Possibly while trying to kill Luke.

>Chewbacca dies
Only if it's by planetary collision.

what about Finn?

your all ass raping donkey butts

TFA was probably the most obnoxious theatre experience I have ever had

>Long time ago and title crawl had people cheering and clapping for most of the title crawl
>every time the falcon appeared people clapped (when I say people clapped any time in this it wasn't a few people, it was most of the theatre)
>whenever anyone or anything from the OT appeared everyone applauded
>Kylo taking his mask off made everyone laugh (I was guilty of this too)
>every little nod or reference made people explode with joy
>Han's exhaust port joke with the Starkiller made people roar with laughter
>People somehow did not see the buildup to Han's death and were legitimately surprised

I know the whole I CLAPPED thing is a meme, but it's true, it's so fucking true

Becomes the last jedi.

I just imagine Finn is going to be doing his own shit with Rose at Canto Bight which is the only original part of the movie, so I am actually fine with that just playing out how we think it will; a fun little side adventure to keep him occupied. He doesn't need to die in TLJ.

weak bait

I fucking hate TFA and JJ, so keep that in mind for the following defense, which I am mounting SOLELY on principle and not because I want to:

The movie shows them knocking over the Guavian death gang BEHIND the Falcon (just knocking them onto their asses, not really hurting them, just making them fall down) while tearing through one rathtar which was in FRONT of the Falcon.

Also of note, in this scene the Falcon was jumping to hyperspace directly from inside the starship's hangar, hence the absurd engine wash that knocked everybody over.

At the end of TFA, it's reasonable to assume that Rey stuck to safe takeoff and hyperspace procedures, since she had no apparent time pressure in doing so.

>which is the only original part of the movie
I should specify, based on the info and "most likely" predictions we have so far.

My ideas are trying to steer away from the obvious predictions.

Same reason that a model of a SUPER-DUPER, DON'T TELL ANYONE, PINKY SWEAR, TOP SECRET battleship was sitting on the desk of the commander of Starfleet's open plan office.
Or how no one seemed to notice a giant fucking dry dock just out near Jupiter. Or the huge swarm of shuttle craft that would regularly go out there.

That reason being because Abrams is a stupid fucking cunt.

>Kylo taking his mask off made everyone laugh (I was guilty of this too)
So it wasn't just my theater then

Somehow I dont think this was JJ's intended reaction from fans

Man I'm just glad to see Danny Trejo getting work

I wonder how much he's getting off royalties from his likeness in the Poe Dameron comic.

>.He doesn't need to die in TLJ.
Finn needs to die in TLJ.

fix that for you sir

I like to think he lost it the same way he lost the first one- by having his hand cut off. And it just keeps happening, the same robot hand keeps getting cut off and her loses another lightsaber, he gets a new robot hand and a new lightsaber and it just keeps happening.

He became a hermit because every other week some retarded kid from nowhere would show up with one of his lightsabers hoping this was a ticket to Jedi training. He retreats to Space Ireland and thinks he's finally free but then some desert rat shows up and he just gives her this "there's no escape from this shit" look.

This happened at my theater EXCEPT:

By the time we were on the Falcon, nobody gave a shit about stuff from the OT anymore -- even Leia

Nobody was surprised by Han's death as far as I could tell

I saw it Saturday on the weekend of release, IMAX 3D, and I left the theater trying to hide the fact that I was crying because the Star Wars I knew and loved was now firmly dead.

Which star wars do you know and love the clone wars?

>Nobody was surprised by Han's death as far as I could tell
Same in my, otherwise pretty vocal, theater. It was so heavily telegraphed that it actually killed the tension in what could have otherwise been a good scene. The overabundance of references and callbacks to ANH really screwed that death over. I didn't think I could feel so little at Han Solo's death.

Same, I was expecting people to clap for Leia, but it was the most painfully awkward silence ever.

Star Wars isnt dead though, Gareth and Filoni restored my faith. I do think the ST is lost though. Pablo and Rian can try and salvage it, but it has been built on the foundations of just being "Bigger OT" and it can't really escape it now.

Finally someone with some sense.

Episodes I - VI and The Clone Wars, yeah, plus the more popular elements of the old EU. I felt like even though they were striking the old stuff, they were going to bring back various KOTOR-era elements in modified forms that would make them fit better with the technological advancement from PT to OT and generally be compatible with new stuff.

But it's looking pretty clear that all the old Legends stuff is just out the airlock. If it's not officially canon per either direct Lucas involvement or Disney stamp, it's no good.

Leia was stupidly underused in TFA. Luke got to be mysterious. Han got to be the guide and had substantial work to do. But Leia just rambled around the base dressed like a janitor. No action, no exposition (she should have been our link with the wider galaxy), just nothing. I'm hyped to see her actually have something to do.

>He became a hermit because every other week some retarded kid from nowhere would show up with one of his lightsabers hoping this was a ticket to Jedi training. He retreats to Space Ireland and thinks he's finally free but then some desert rat shows up and he just gives her this "there's no escape from this shit" look.

kek

Kathleen said Leia was going to have a big role in IX. Presumably she was going to be leading the heroes in the final battle against Snoke or something.

It's kinda fucked now.

Why do people think references=good writing?

Like The Big Bang Theory is popular because most of it's jokes are references. And most of the time it's references to surface level "nerd culture" like Star Wars, is Star Wars even nerd culture?

Do people honestly believe that is good writing? Because very time that kinda humor is thrown around there are tons of people like: "I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE"

>I was crying because the Star Wars I knew and loved was now firmly dead
I fucking hate these type of fans. They don't get what they want so they get assblasted. Thank god i just got into SW.

It still hurts.

In a Hollywood so averse to risk-taking, references to popular properties are just ultra-safe. But JJ is a particular offender, worse than most.

My father ADORED the OT. Never really was big on the PT, but he loved the OT; took everybody he knew to see the first movie just to have an excuse to see it again.

He thought TFA was the laziest shit he'd ever seen, and one of his biggest complaints was that "Leia just had nothing to do." They'd rewound the whole story to ANH, but erased Leia's role in the whole thing. They'd taken Leia's role and divided it between the Han and Luke roles, then divided that up even further, giving Poe nothing to do but blow up the oscillator (which feels like an afterthought) and otherwise were stuck trying to figure out how to fairly dole out the remaining character roles before the bad guy showed up, at which point they were committed to whatever they had on paper and just had to run with it.

Not that guy, but I'm going to TLJ mostly to see Finn. Finn was the most interesting new character in the last movie and I'd like to see his arc go places.

Even if it doesn't go places, that stupid idiot grin he had when he threw Captain Phasma into a trash compactor clearly told me he was the happiest person in this movie and I want to see more of that.

References are cheap as fuck.

When its done tastefully in a continuity-building manner like MOST of Rogue One's references, then its fine.

But TFA had a "MEMBER ANH" meta reference in every fucking scene.

Sounds like he hit the nail on the head.
All the characters were limited by being 'the new x' or 'they're gonna do what we saw y do in movie z'. So they split and divided into pale little afterimages of stuff we've already seen.
It was only the exceptions to the rule, like Finn, that really stuck in my mind, or felt like I could have some connection with, as they weren't already circumscribed as 'oh, it's new... Wedge, or Old Ben, or whoever'.

still mad that it's the resistance, not the new republic. because the good guy has to be the underdogs again

>(which feels like an afterthought)
Because it was, JJ admitted Poe was supposed to die on Jakku.

The reason his scenes after that (outside of his reunion with Finn) felt so hollow is because they weren't even supposed to happen. Shoehorned in for no fucking reason. And honestly fuck everything about Starkiller Base. The trench run there was frankly embarassing to watch. I felt insulted.

Post your reaction when Starkiller base was revealed

youtube.com/watch?v=_7MWNWJReqU

A full scale war between equal powers would remind people of the PT and we can't have that

We could have had the bad guys be the underdog to make it interesting but nope

Honestly, this was probably my exact face in the theater

Especially when they were at the briefing and compared it to the Death Star

I have some faith in Johnson for TLJ. It's slowly eroding with every new bit of data about the movie, but I still have hope for now.

Unfortunately, my father's not going to get a chance to see it. He passed in March, with no experience of anything Star Wars outside of the 7 numbered episodes. And he missed Rogue One.

He still overall held 7 as the weakest just for sheer lack of originality. He was no fan of the prequels, by any measure but at least they tried to tell a new story to lead into the original one.

I was thinking have the FO be like Isis

>It's slowly eroding with every new bit of data about the movie
Same

I do genuinely believe that Rian and the LSG are going to give us something WAY better than what JJ shat out, but the fact that we're stuck with "Resistance" and Stormtroopers, and Rey training with maybe-evil-Luke, and fucking Gorilla Walkers, it just seems like JJ permafucked the ST.

I liked the idea people had a while back where the First Order are more of a direct ISIS analogue- the New Republic has more resources and better equipment, but the First Order makes up for the gap by using brutal guerilla tactics, going after civilians rather than openly targeting the NR, etc. The New Republic would basically be a benevolent version of the Empire while the First Order is a sinister version of the Rebel Alliance.

I was surprised to discover that all the spoilers I'd heard were true and the movie was proceeding exactly as I'd heard on Sup Forums.

I was also appalled that it was so dull and repetitive.

In retrospect, I'm astonished that I was so shocked by something so boring and so appalled something so banal.

I'm cautiously optimistic, so I'm taking a lot of the direct ESB analogues as being something Rian feels the need to follow. TFA established the First Order as die-hard Empire fanboys complete with ripping off all of the old Empire designs, so I'm hoping that the fact that this is carrying through into TLJ is due to Rian trying to maintain that idea because it's how the First Order was established, rather than because he's deliberately aiming for nostalgia points the way JJ did.

But that would remind people of bad things and would take away from our 2 billion - Disney

> It's slowly eroding with every new bit of data about the movie, but I still have hope for now.
I know the feeling. We don't need to see Hoth and walkers and a lukewarm ESB reheat. But there's still every chance they'll go in new directions where it counts whilst still hitting nostalgia beats for merch purposes and getting the casuals in the door. Innocent until proven guilty.

>He still overall held 7 as the weakest just for sheer lack of originality.
RIP user's good-taste father. Rejoyce for those around you who transform into the force.

I was more annoyed with the reveal of the new AT-ATs desu. its kinda like, really? you took all the criticisms of TFA being too much like A New Hope and give us AT-ATs in the sequel? seriously?

when they did the trench run

R2-D2 will kill Kylo in a waste water treatment planet. You read it here first.