What does Sup Forums think about American Tail?

I'm watching again for the first time in years and I honestly think it goes beyond anything Disney put in that same decade in terms of story, animation, and even music.

*An American Tail

the sequel is superior

Go to bed, Timbox.

?

s alright

I just finished. Manly tears were shed by the end. This movie is a goddamn masterpiece unjustly overshadowed by its sequel and The Land Before Time.

Also, Bridget for best mouse waifu.

The sequels past the second one were both unnecessary and unwanted.

And terrible, I'm assuming? I've never seen them but I'm watching Fievel Goes West and am morbidly curious about where Fievel goes next.

Cats did nothing wrong

Fievel gets naked a lot in that first movie. I blame him for the furry fad.

It reminded me why jews are cancer. Fitting that they were depicted as mice in the movies

>The sequels past the second one
There were more of them after feivel goes west?

>they're back in New York
>second film entirely written off as a dream

I am so fucking angry.

forgot pic

You've got to give 'em the laaaaazy eye

Its okay
Its not good and never reached the quality of a disney film but this isnt one of bluths better works

The first film was more kino, though, partly due to its grimy 1800s New York setting. Fievel Goes West is fun, but I don't blame them for wanting to write it off as a mistake.

>gorgeous animation
>god-tier James Horner soundtrack
>real warmth drama without being overly saccharine and cutesy (Oliver and Company, Great Mouse Detective) or dark (Black Cauldron)
Did... did we see the same movie? You're entitled to your opinion and all, but you're just wrong, man. Annoyingly wrong. And what's the better Bluth film? I'll grant you Land Before Time might be. Anastasia? Rock-a-Doodle? Titan A.E.? Come on, man. This film has that Spielberg/Kennedy/Marshall magic that none of Bluth's other films has.

It introduced random characters that had no purporse (Irish and Italian mouse) and felt really incomplete

I haven't seen it since the 90s. I don't remember much except a girl I liked, probably this one I was ~10 at that time and didn't realized all the Jewish stuff in it. As an adult, the whole plot of running from Russian Empire appears silly, for a Russian guy.

What cats? We all know that there's no cats in America and the streets are made with cheese.