Fuck me, this was so good

Fuck me, this was so good.
Did Dav Pilkey do literally everything here?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!QrBgjYLD!SqWXwDtG0j9zr9OVv49iuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually Dav took a step back and let them do what they will, so he could approach it as a fan.

Story time!

>tfw sad worm will never not be sad

"Sad Worm"

It was about a worm

that was sad.

I can't watch this because two grown men are voicing kids

I watched it in Spanish and was surprised it wasn't watered down even a bit and kept to the soul of the english version. One of the best animated films I've seen.

Dav's a cool guy.

>that future

>"I'll be in a suit for some reason."

How much rule34 of lunch lady have we gotten?

I hate Kevin Hart with the force of a thousand suns but he grew on me on me. Watch it already.

it's more colorful than previous movie from that studio.

Hey, Sup Forums!!!

Uranus

Loved the books as a kid, I guess I'll give it a watch tonight. Is it just an animated version of the first few books, like how the trailer made it seem, or is it all new?

It's partially that, but a lot of the humor and some plot points are new, while still being really in tone with the books.

really surprised by this film
actually made me lel

They really did keep faithful to the source material

It pretty much has more in common with a comic book adaptation in that regard.

I don't get it

Get the fuck out, Melvin.

It's basically the first and fourth books combined along with some new stuff added in.

thi movie is not for everybody, not saying it's bad, but some might not find the humour appropriate.

lel

>movie is called "The First"

>you have no sense of humour, like a chair, or supermodel!

>Rotten Potatoes
>Harold's piano teacher
>George's grandma
>Dav Pilkey
>Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
>Random Guy
amazing

It always guarentees there will never be a sequel

i don't think any actually

He had very little to do with it, it's just that the crew had a lot of passion for the series, and it showed.

it feels so good to laugh!

hey,i loved that movie

its called like that because thats how the book was called

Gdi

To anyone who read the books, was it faithful?

It was a childrens book that left out a lot of details, so they had to take a lot of liberties.

that lunch lady krupp had a romance with in the movie was super cute

>That Hope Dies Here plaque
This fucking movie man, I wanna rewatch it already.

>The Flip-O-Rama scene

I could have really gone without the shoehorned kid. Some minor plot revisions, and they could have removed the biggest annoyance in that film, that would have made it much better.

>I was just admiring ze view from your broken window.
>It's in ze shape of a man.

About as faithful as a movie can get to an entire series. It's not a complete 1:1, but an amalgam of the first 5 books.

>He rips the page

Way too relatable

>How many A's are there in tra la la?

how well did this movie do box-office wise?

Not very

sad

>tfw actually good movies don't make enough money

Edith a qt

It made back twice its budget, so it wasn't a real failure.

She tried to do another voice but it just sounds like Louise or Mabel doing a silly voice in character.. took me out of the movie when she shows up

The Pokemon Movie was called 'Pokemon: The First Movie'
Now they got 20 of those fuckers running around

Pokemon is an outlier among fads for numerous reasons however (for one thing still not being dead nor having any signs of dying anytime soon)

The second movie was already out in Japan when the first movie got to America.

I at least appreciated them trying to give some depth to Krupp

i relate to him

how would superman react to captain underpants with powers?

"For God's sake man, you're around children, at least put on an extra pair!"

He'd be a good influence on Section 8, I think.

>he never got any (you)'s

I won't be the first, either.

"tra la laaaaaa"

>the way nothing is drawn with straight lines

The Emoji Movie made more money.

you never notice how much they put work into their movies, no matter how weird they are

that movie is such an insult.

It's mostly down to the release date though. Everyone was too busy seeing Wonder Woman to bother with Captain Underpants. If this movie was given Boss Baby's release date it probably would've fared better.

Still, Dreamworks did Kung Fu Panda 3 and are doing How to train your dragon 3 despite disappointing box office results, so there's still hope for a sequel.

I mean, with a title like 'The First epic movie', they'd look pretty awkward not to.

Jesus the care they put in this

remember when people shat on dreamworks?

were they right?

>A tiny school, filled with tiny children, and ze tiny teachers who's tiny salaries reflects their size and also ze values society put on education!"

>Isn't laughter the best medicine?
>Medicine is the best medicine!

so there a class room with just black boards set up all over the walls or did they set that up just for this occasion

Yes.

Can't you watch an actually mature movie,made for your demographic?
You guys are so immature!

you're a perfect candidate for academy award jury.

Shut up, Melvin.

Not to mention CU didn't seem to have great advertising.

There was no "Remember that now".
It also paints the school staff as more sympathetic and George and Harold are less ambiguous in terms of how mean their pranks could be since the books did have them target rather indiscriminately whereas in the movie (((they))) describe their pranks as being for the benefit of students and that's also largely what we're shown and P is just evil from the start.

Not great I hear. But that's mostly down to dreadful mismanaging for release dates and marketing.
I'm also infuriated that I was able to watch an HD rip of this movie before it actually aired in cinemas where I am and it's still not going to be out for an entire month.

New Zealand here man, I feel you. Still, go see it in theatres, dude. The movie deserves your money

I'm watching it now and it's great.

wow, something Sup Forums related that Sup Forums actually like
this movie must be really good

dubs confirm

and also the fact that it's a really fucking good movie

Update: I've finished watching it and it's amazing.

my poor german neighbour.

it's n acquired taste, some kids loved it, some people disliked it and found next scene less funny that previous one

It only made $101.1 million, but it was also the lowest-budgeted computer-animated feature of DreamWorks Animation's history ($38 million), so actually it was a big success.

The best adaptation I've seen since Peanuts.

What's interesting is that Dav was relieved when David Soren was picked to direct (after Rob Letterman step down to be executive producer) since he was a big fan of Turbo.

Four, actually. There really wasn't anything from Wedgie Woman aside from a couple cameos.

is there a torrent of this movie up yet?

Surely this joke doesn't work in all languages, right? I wonder what they'll replace it with in the international dubs

Why don't you just type it in to TPB?
But yeah, here's 4gb/1080p Blu re-encode since the torrents with the most seeders are never decent bitrate:

mega.nz/#F!QrBgjYLD!SqWXwDtG0j9zr9OVv49iuA

Fuck off Melvin you little stuck up cunt

i feel a little left out that i never read these as a kid. i'm not sure why,
i'll watch the movie anyway,

why couldn't they get actual kids to do the voices of the kids?
how hard is it to find some kids? i'm sure Disney have some stashed away in a warehouse or something