Here we post the coolest covers

Here we post the coolest covers.

I'll stick with the beach theme for this one.

Also whatever happened to cover blurbs? They were fun.

I hope that the new punisher series takes some cues from the 80's and 90's punisher, but it always seems like the only thing people take things from is ennis's runs.

>the new punisher series

wat.

Know what I miss? Speech bubbles on covers. Does anyone do that anymore, aside from maybe Archie?

Anything by Frazetta.

Did they outsource this cover to India?

what do you mean?

That particular way of showing multiple heads/faces on the same body is really common in Hindu imagery for reincarnation.

Oh interesting. I didn't know that

Post the Spider-Man cover next. Fucking shitstain.

the old

and the new

Super Ape is OP

It's mostly restricted to variants

Same person every single time, same three boring covers

I need more. Most post-90's are so generic though they're not bad art perse but just so very generic.

more pls

oh shit is that Etrigan next to Scarlet Witch?

really is there a Marvel blatant expy version of Etrigan like Deadpool is for Deathstroke?

bum

I've posted a few in the past, but every cover from The Unwritten was fantastic

*bump

Funny how Deadpool started as a Deathstroke expy and later down the line ended up being more like Ambush Bug.

more like this

any more like this?

I'm a sucker for anything Farinas.

Covers like that are kinda generic for their time but man I love them. They have...personality I guess.

They at least pretended that there were stakes

More or less, Gargoyle is an old guy who sold his soul to a group of demons to save the town that he was mayor of and they turned him into gargoyle.

I just love the Irony of what the guy is saying, I also think the expressions and design are great. That's just a really, really well made cover. I hate that covers are just shit pinups now. Being a cover artist must be the greatest gig in the industry.
>get paid far more than you would for a page for at most 1/4 of the work

sounds pretty rad

Excalibur had a lot of good covers.

me on the right.

Not necessarily SHIT pinups but yeah pinups. I'm not even sure what your average cover looks like these days but some 00's stuff I remember like most Ultimate Spider-Man covers had a horrible lack of imagination going on them.

more

kinda generic but still cool.

Weird. Really un-traditional cover.

Covers are moving to being a bit more dynamic these days, maybe the equivalent of being a splash page sometimes, but a lot are still just pin ups.

You want untraditional, Secret Six #1's cover WAS the first page of the story.

I really should read that some time because it did have some great covers.

Also for as iconic as Legion of Super-Heroes #294's cover is (since it was redone as the cover for the Great Darkness Saga TPB and all), I really prefer #293's.

I agree

ugh, I hate having to beg for this kind of stuff. Anyone have anything else?

What kind of cover are you looking for?

just anything really. More stuff like I guess.

Here's a classic first appearance

Oh, I get it - this is a "coolest" covers thread in the ironic sense.

Please post some. These threads can use some variety

finally a thread where the OP isn't the worst post.

that cover is fucking excellent.

Oh, I get it - taste is subjective and you're a faggot who hasn't posted anything because you're worthless little shit

what spider-man cover is this dude talking about?

Anybody got the aquaman and superman varient cover from the rebirth issue of aquaman supes showed up in?
Terrible issue but fantastic cover

Zap Comix had some cool covers.
what are the esoteric mysteries behind that one?

judaism

This one. There's a dude who always posts the same six covers

grammar cop here
lack of sentence ending question mark triggering me tendies

whats that spidey doing in the bottom corner?

we don't care, english is a saxonic barbarian language, that shit is used just to communicate with subhumans from that chinese cartoon board who can't learn more languages.

>chinese cartoon board
anonymous, this here is a mongolian fishing forum and i'll hear no more about it. good day to you