Not really into comics that much, but i decided to read Infinity Gauntlet because i love the MCU, and holy shit guys...

Not really into comics that much, but i decided to read Infinity Gauntlet because i love the MCU, and holy shit guys, this is terrible.

Why is there so much hype for such a mediocre story? Do you think that the movie will change a lot of stuff to make ir more interesting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCjJM2oo3EU
youtube.com/watch?v=I0SxuUoaXqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normalfags sure have shit taste.

So you guys think that this is a great comic?

i really don't understand this. Things like The Killing Joke and Watchmen (The only comics that i've read before) are great in everyway, so i kinda understand why do you guys are so passionate when defending the original against the adaptations, but this si shit.

Quality bait.

Its not a bait

i just wanted to talk about the comic

watchmen is only good if you have read a bunch of silver age comic.

That's how I know this is bait

Well, i loved the movie and was desperate for more Watchmen

Not OP, but Watchmen stands on it's own so long as you are even somewhat familliar with superhero tropes.

He ain't wrong desu, the whole book is just Starlin wanking his OC. Replace Starlin with Bendis and Thanos with, I dunno, REE REE and you get the exact same shit.

Wrong.

>Infinity Gauntlet is terrible.
>The Killing Joke is great in everyway
If this isn't bait, then you have incredibly shitty taste. Like fuck, how can someone have taste THIS fucking bad?

Alright I'll bite, what about Infinity Gauntlet is mediocre to you?
>The Killing Joke
>Great in every way
Yeah its not like Babs was crippled for shock value. We may have gotten Oracle out of it, but don't act like TKJ is a flawless masterpiece

Ok... This is the only time that i hear someone badmouths The Killing Joke]

I think that your level of contrarianism is too much, even for Sup Forums

soooo

storytime, anyone?

If you guys really like this shit, then explain me why

it loses A LOT if you haven't read a lot of silver age though. I exaggerated a bit, but it's still not nearly half as good if you skip comics and is your first read on any comic

Explain why you werent a fan of it. You don't have to be a fan of it, I'm just curious as to why

>Why is there so much hype for such a mediocre story
Because butt boy Thanos wrecks everyone.

>This is the only time that i hear someone badmouths The Killing Joke
first time on Sup Forums? The Killing Joke is mediocre for the most part, Ending is fucking golden though

Days of the Future Past is truly great and it only needs 2 issues (the same goes for many Claremont stories).

>shock value
Oh because Thanos killing every single hero in the Marvel universe isn't shocking? I mean sure it gets a really fucking stupid and pointless ending where it's all reverse which is the equivalent of "it was all a dream" but that only makes things worse.

Watchmen was one of the first comics I've read. I thought it was good.

His motives are so weak. And with every rejection that he creates, comes a ridiculous tantrum that becomes old stupid after the third time that it happens.

And the ending is something out of retard school, with the Gauntlet falling on the floor and he going to the heroes side for aid

I didn't like a lot of the dialogue, the moments with Wolwerine and Hulk and made me cringe hard

You're comparing Thanos killing half the universe, and as a result nearly every hero, to Joker crippling Babs and taking nude pics for shits and giggles solely done for shock value alone.

Thanos is not a good villain. He doesnt have non ridiculous motivations.

Only a retard would try to imply trash like Infinity gauntlet is anywhere near Watchmen.
5/10 because your shit bait got me to reply.

I agree

Yeah you're right, Infinity Gauntlet is both edgier and spineless.

what part of that post talks about Infinity Gauntlet?

I'm also thinking about reading Final Crisis just to see how the "final bosses" of DC and Marvel compares with each other

What am i putting myself into? Is Final Crisis a better story?

>Erik Masterson

>Infinity Gauntlet is shit
That's correct, it's Jim Starlin, of course it's shit
Killing Joke is great in every way
Definitely not correct user, Killing Joke is a shit ton worse than Infinity Gauntlet.

On the outside chance of this not being bait, did you read Thanos Quest first?

When are they putting Infinity War and Crusade into omnibus?

No
>youtube.com/watch?v=zCjJM2oo3EU

Theres nothing in the level of this monologue in Infinity Gauntlet

The reset ending works, imo, because it shows that all Thanos' effort and struggle come to nothing, because he's a fucking loser.

Watchmen is good if you wanna read an interesting story.

It's fantastic if you're familiar with superheroes

I like the Silver Surfer lead in as well, maybe more than the actual event.

>No
Well there's your problem. You need to read the whole story you retard.

I'm nor reading anymore of thi shit

I'm reading Final Crisis now, and i'm enjoying the beginning. How does the comic book community rate it?

Is it the great Darkside Story?

>Is it the great Darkside Story?
No, that's either The Great Darkness Saga or Rock of Ages.

>Is it the great Darkside Story?
That's not The Hunger Dogs.

Op I hope you die

>implying
A character study even to a shit character like the Joker is LEAGUES better than a 'Raaaah muh Thanos, everyone dies, everyone fites' story. There's no thought to it, it's just a bunch of toys fighting toys, much like that majority of event stories.

>Not really into comics that much
>i love the MCU

Fuck off

These guys are so fucking amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=I0SxuUoaXqU

Great Darkness Saga, Hunger Dogs or Final Crisis take the cake.
Yes, those really aren't mutually exclusive.

Comic books

Grossly exaggerates Kirby's New Gods by turning Darkseid into a overpowered asshole who does almost nothing the entire story.

fpbp

>oh you bastard, how can i top that

fucking golden

But Starlin is a good writer. Bendis burned out 75 issues into USM and two relaunches into Powers.

It's called Final Crisis and you want to start there? You really and truly are stupid.

To be fair, usually Darkseid does nothing. Because he knows how everybody will break against the shore that he is. But in Final Crisis, he didn't even do that. He just did.... nothing.

I just wanna a good Darkseid story

This one is nice. Very well written

>Starlin is a good writer
My fucking sides.
The only arguably good thing Starlin ever wrote is Warlock, the rest is all self-indulgent wankery.

user...you are looking in the wrong places to get into comics...

Eat shit. Either read Kirbys Fourth World or accept being a pleb forever.

Ok user. You want a really good recommendation? Read The Life and Times of Scrooge Mcduck. Then Bone. Then Maus parts 1 & 2. Expand yourself beyond the capes.

These are my first comics and i'm loving them. I'm leaning toward DC though, they seem to be way better than Marvel in comics and iconic stories.

Any other recommendations? I'm leaning towards newer stories so that would be nice.

I'll check Kirby later. He seems to be the greatest on around

It's not a full reset considering it has like 3 sequels and the whole book is about the McGuffin to end all mcguffin so it's allowed to have a mcguffin ending. Besides you didn't like the solid opening of wiping out half the universe? Or the fight against the elder gods? Or that dope cap moment? I'm not saying it's perfect but it's a great comic

>I've only read one Marvel comic and 2 and a half DC.
>Wow, Marvel comics sure do suck.
You are the faggiest faggot who ever lived.

>I'm leaning towards newer stories so that would be nice.
Start with the Silver Age shithead.
Fucking this.

>What is Claremont X-Men

>What is Miller's Daredevil

>What is Stern's Spiderman

>What is Roy Thomas Avengers

You are a 13 year old faggot

no way, Bronze age is where you should always start

>These are my first comics

What part of that you don't understand?

I have a friend that says that Daredevil was awesome when the guy that wrote Batman dark knight was doing it, so i'll check it later.

And i loved the X-Men cartoon of the 90s. Is just that DC is more interesting to me now.

Sure is casual in here. Also no one gives a fuck about OP's blog here

Bronze age is good but you should start Silver Age. If they can't handle comics that show a bit of their age and can't look past it, then fuck em.

There was continuity that built up to that, back then that was a huge selling point and made comic stores happy because people would need back issues to get the full story so it made everything matter. You Needed to at least read Thanos Quest to get the major points, but imo get scans of the omnibus that has all the stories that were the lead up to it tied together.

Why the fuck would i read something that looks like shit?

Final Crisis is being awesome and the newer art is part of it.

i'll read Darkseid war next

>implying there's a "right" way to get into comics
You guys are fucking autistic imbeciles and the reason comic books are dying.

Holy fucking shit, you know I was with you on Infinity Gauntlet being overrated trash, but you really are a moron. Kill yourself.

>These are my first comics
The problem I have with this is
A) Going into the medium with a stupid ass company wars mentality, and
B) Already using your microscopic viewpoint to make broad judgments about companies spanning decades.

>Why the fuck would i read something that looks like shit?
You have no fucking taste.
I wasn't saying there is but there's certainly a litmus test to out the fucking retards.

Then why not tell them to go back to golden age? Your arguement holds no merit besides muh comic history. Silver age doesn't have much to say about comics, it's when the Bronze age that hit that they started to think about it.

>back then that was a huge selling point and made comic stores happy because people would need back issues to get the full story so it made everything matter.
It's so fucking crazy that things have 180 and now most Marvel books are so pump and dump that there is no reason to revisit any of them. I mean Secret Empire has basically been bong away to where you can just ignore the event and you missed out on nothing.

Your bait thread is low quality

But since you made it let me place my opinion that IG stands among the great comics, and in a prominent position.

Let's not kid ourselves, comics, and capes specifically, are not the pinnacle of literature. That's why comics like IG stand out. Other great comics rely on characterisation (Kirby F4), cultural relevance (SS, Watchmen) or composition (KLH). This one relies purely on good writing. The sole fact that the heroes lose against omnipotence, speaks volumes.

Because I knew the shiteater wouldn't even read something from the 60s let alone the 30s or 40s.
>Silver age doesn't have much to say about comics, it's when the Bronze age that hit that they started to think about it.
You don't really believe that do you? There's no value to any of the classics?

>Infinity Wank
>"""good"""" writing
Fucking KEK
I bet you think Cosmic Odyssey was good too.

I didn't want to make and "company war" shit. Is just that all the DC books that i've read i fount nice and it was a shore to finish the Infint gauntlet shit, that everybody seems to hype as the greatest thing ever.

Man, i never imagined that i would be reading comics in saturday night. But i am doing it, and right now, i'm having a lot of fun with it.

What is the problem if i don't want to read a classic comic that looks like shit? Maybe its a great book, but i feel that if i read it now there is a risk that i'll hate it and never come back to it again.

So newer things, easier things are better. I'm having fun with Final Crisis, Darkseid war seems to be interestinng too. Maybe in some point i read Kirby and find it as awesome as you, but not right now.

If we are talking Marvel Silver age materials are referenced in troves into Bronze age. Thanos and Warlock's story that leads to IG starts back in 1972. That's not saying you have to read them but Marvel's continuity boner started in the Silver age and stayed with it until Avengers diassembled

there are some classics in silver age people SHOULD read, but it's not a good starting point.

and no, I don't think Silver Age has much to say about the medium.

Darkseid War is fucking garbage, you're a no-taste moron who should go drink bleach right away.

Not really. It has Darkseid, it has good art and a lot of fights

it seems fun

Stop being a sperg. I am not an "expert" in comics, just a sick guy that is in home reading shit online

Elaborate please. Why do you think IG lacks good writing. Use examples.

what you should do, is figure out what kinds of stories you enjoy. Do you like the cosmic stuff? If so, then read Annihilation and can continue with that story. Some of the best Marvel cosmic stuff is there (better than IW imo)

If you want more DC cosmic then Green Lantern is probably your best best but I don't know as much about DC cosmic stuff

Then just admit that you have extremely shallow taste.

Thanks. I'll save the image and check it later.

Cosmic stuff seems awesome, but i think that powerlevels are what i am interested the most. Thats why i'm reading about Thanos and Darkseid.

OF COURSE YOU FAGGOT

THESE ARE MY FIRST COMIC BOOKS

I'VE CAME FROM WATCHING CAPESHIT

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!

The entire event is just Starlin wanking his OC over and over again. Literally the only reason he loses is because the heroes always have to win the day, otherwise IG wouldn't be canon, and hell, the one time he got to write a non-canon Thanos story (Marvel: The End), he made him out to be the most noble, selfless fucker in the universe. It's pathetic.

Also, what about comixology? I read all my books on my phone, reading comics on it can make the experience be worst?

>I'VE CAME FROM WATCHING CAPESHIT
You obviously need to go back to watching your garbage then.

You have problemes kid

if you are going to read digital then it's a good idea. Personally, I am a shelfwhore and want to own my books. I find a lot of books give me more enjoyment when I read them physically, cause certain books are written to impact you when you read them physically, like page flips and stuff. but not many are written that well.

You can also download a lot of comics for free, Sup Forums is great for pirated shit, and torrents are also great for full runs, like that Marvel Cosmic reading list. I downloaded it with the entire list of books.

Thats great to hear. I'll try to use comixology, the app seems to be amazing.

And you're a phoneposting retard that reads only the most vapid of what the medium has to offer and has the audacity to condemn other works, knowing full well how little you actually know about "quality". You're taste would be excusable if you weren't so quick to shit over anything that isn't to your extremely shitty taste.
Have a rec to help you out.

>He ain't wrong desu, the whole book is just Starlin wanking his OC

no it isn't avengers fanboy

just cause your favorite characters got crapped on doesn't mean starlin didn't have a point

And what is that point, pray tell? Thanos über alles?

>There's no thought to it

you're so fucking wrong holy shit

why do you talk shit about things you know nothing about

My sense of "quality" comes from the things that i jad fun with. From the little that i've read, i know what i liked and what i didn't.

You have this defensive way to deal with people that have a different opinion about your favourite company. And this is childish. I already told that i don't ead many things, but for what i've read, Infinity Gauntles was the worst by far.

Hellboy movies are nice, maybe i'll check the books.

ITT: A long lost issue of The Eltingville Club
I'm so sorry for you OP