Literally the only human that knows the world is post-apocalyptic because the Spirit Portals were left open 20...

>Literally the only human that knows the world is post-apocalyptic because the Spirit Portals were left open 20,000 years ago
>Decides to leave them open again
Did Korra just want to watch the world burn? With only one Lion Turtle left and not enough waterbenders to go around most of humanity is fucked.

Korra is not smart.

Turf Wars was about this. And despite being a turbo oyster munching dyke and a celebration of all homosexual, the comic didn't really did much to change the point of view of the reader regarding this issue. Human Abominations will be on the rise now, BECAUSE of Korra and as a consequence of Turf Wars.

Korra is still the worst and dumbest avatar ever.

>Breaks connection with all previous incarnations.
>Loses 99% of her bending powers
confirmed for dumbest avatar ever.

>Did Korra just want to watch the world burn?
are you assuming Korra think things throught? did you actually watch the show?

This. Korra is a dumbass.

On the topic of the avatar state, am I the only one who thought that the definition of the avatar state in TLOA (that the avatar state gives the avatar the knowledge of all his previous lifes and thats why it is powerfull) is way better than the crappy excuse of TLOK (magic 2d spirit is the reason why the avatar state is powerfull, it has nothing to do with the ability of the bender, but its just a overpowered buff)?

TLOA had a competent Avatar that learned from his mistakes in every season. Also, he had the collective knowledge of thousands of avatars. Korra was a dumbass that didn't learn shit until the last season, she pretty much devalued the avatar state into a glorified buff.

Do not bully Korra. She's just a little slow.

In retrospect, not letting Korra live a "normal" life and travel the world at 16 was a mistake.

It's like the Jedi training program is a bad idea or something... ;)

you say that but can you feel what the NEXT avatar will feel? only avatar spirit s/he will be able to ask advices to is HER. might as well have destroyed the chain entirely.

korra was dumb but the next one is unlucky as fuck.

if you listen carefully to the korra cartoon, the creators are literally killing all the ATLA lore and created an entirely new one. look for videos called the legend of whorra on youtube. its pretty fascinating

>Clearly sees Spirits attack and maiming humans for no reason during wans time
>To the point they have to flee onto the lion turtles backs for protection
Korra isn't a smart woman.

He or she might end up having serious issues with her. Might even refuse to listen to her entirely.

Because writers seem to believe spirits are an analogue to refugees but just like with mutants and queer, it does not work.

>legend of whorra
good old E;R

the show was not written well

Anyone got a copy of the comic i can download/read online?

i can mail you some crushed glass if you want to hurt yourself so much.

rub it in your eyes and mouth and you will get an accurate feeling of reading this pile of flaming garbage.

let me shorten that for you

Korra was a mistake

i found the motion comic on youtube and i'm a bi girl so it's relevant to me, ha! that kiss at the beginning cured my aids

Now that could be legitimately interesting

I saw some psychic healer on YouTube talk about reincarnation. She said that your reincarnation carried a bit of your karma, and is affected by how you were as a person, in order to help your "soul" learn. So an abuser's next life would be as an abuse victim, or a homophobe would end up gay.

If that were true, what would the next Avatar be like? Would they be the opposite of Korra? Or would they carry her sins and be punished for it?

The avatar will be a sir storp pressing xir, you fucking cis white male.

It's worse for the future Avatars when you realize with Vaatu reforming inside Raava instead of locked away in a tree, that some point in the future he's gonna burst out of the future Avatar like a chestburster and usher in conflict again.

wow lots off asshurt here

Why would he when Vaatu is trapped by Raava like he was before Wan stepped into the struggle. And with the way things are progressing for the Avatar world they will all be in space before the next 10,000 years rolls around for that planet.

its almost like they know what he is and can prevent him from getting out

It's been a long time, and the bad spirits were already getting through anyway.
If anyone should be worried about how fucked they are now that the portals are open, it's the spirits, not the humans.

>spirits treated humans like shit
>no reason to believe they had any problem with being in their separate spirit world
>spirits could easily fuck over humans again
>yet Korra's decision to not close the portals is portrayed in nothing but a positive light in-show

What the hell did Aang do to end up like Korra?

It never ends. Even when it was explicitly shown that nothing bad came of her decision,faggots still choose to complain.

>spirits could easily fuck over humans again
But they didn't. You want there to be consequences because you can't swallow the fact that nothing bad came of keeping the portals open. Why is that?

You know what I never fucking got about Korra losing her past lives? How the fuck did Unalaq manage to kick Korra's ass? Even if Vaatu and Unalaq were somehow more powerful than Korra and Raava, the Avatar state is still comprised of hundreds of experienced masters working in unison. On top of that, Korra would have access to the other 3 elements while Unalaq would have to make do with Water Bending. For all intents and purposes, the odds should be firmly stacked in Korra's favor.

Or is E;R sempai right, and Bryke just wanted to destroy any past ties to TLA, and start over with their own vision?

But then again, this is in a series in which the Avatar somehow manages to master the Avatar state after using it a grand total of once, so maybe I'm bitching about the wrong thing.

Aren't there evil spirits? Like the face stealer one? Who's to say there aren't more.

if the next avatar were to be made
would it be ok to retcon everything after season 1 out of existence?

You're kind of defeating your own point. All the spirits we know of that acted against humans were still fucking with humanity while the portals were closed.
And in that case, the only thing anyone can do is just wait for the Avatar to do something.
From that perspective, opening the portals helps even the playing field, if only a little.

>Spirits clearly don't want the portal open in the comic from the first issue
>Korra tells the spirit with all due respect as the avatar to fuck off I get to decide what happens to the portal
>Spirit ends up damaging a human in the process, turning him into a freak of nature
Yeah it sure ended up having no consequences at all.

How does opening the portal so anyone can enter and exit freely help level the playing field?

it's almost like the portals serve no fucking purpose whatsoever and only serve to contradict the actions and methods of past spirits and undermine the entire first season's travel from the south to north pole.

Can you be surprised? The previous water tribe avatar was a dumb fuck too. He did jack shit his whole life then something about his gf face getting stolen (this tard started the whole no romance thing) and the died or something and left a bunch of work for the next avatar to do. The only competent avatars we know of are the previous earth one, maybe bald wind bitch, and ole gas to the face fire guy

>yet Korra's decision to not close the portals is portrayed in nothing but a positive light in-show

I feel almost the opposite. I think it is disappointing, and fairly bad writing, how little potential they've explored about the open portals. I hardly count new airbenders, because that didn't even make much sense.

The only thing that makes the Avatar special is a bond with a spirit (granted, a particularly powerful spirit). Open portals allows the possibility of someone else doing that. And, for a different example, Bumi learned he had the talent to pacify spirits with music. Maybe not much, but would you rather you're only other option be to pray that the Avatar comes and saves you? Cause that's where we were at with the portals closed.

She's gay, her mental stability and moral compass is defective.

Well I'm talking about how opening the portal to let any spirit exit and roam the physical plane freely a good thing? They get mad when the environment is destroyed and you can't do anything to spirits since they're spirits so if a spirit goes to a very far village, sees that the forest is destroyed or some shit what's stopping that spirit from slaughtering everyone there? The closed portal at the very least minimized at the very least who can exit the spirit world ( really powerful spirits) I would rather have 1 or 2 Spirit attacks in a year and ask the avatar for help rather than letting the whole population which could be millions of spirits and obviously with that amount they're not all good to come to the physical plane and just fuck shit up.

>But they didn't
There were plenty of spirit attacks in LoK, and i'm not talking about the ones that were being controlled. Depending on what time you're talking about we can even consider ATLA.. which increase more than 5 times the number of cases.

Spirits are assholes.

I'm just going to pretend nothing from korra exists and move on with my day. atla is best as one series.

>All the spirits we know of that acted against humans were still fucking with humanity while the portals were closed
The point is that spirits generally fuck with humans; what side of the portal they are doesn't change them. Why would you want more spirits if the ones you already have fuck with you?

If the niggers inside your country are already destroying it, do you import more niggers?

No, you're not as the vast majority of people outspokenly agree
Don't need to watch a video, all the bastardization is pretty apparent from just watching the show.

How many years are you going to continue to repeat this exact same argument? Bitching and moaning about the same shit, and diverting the subject whenever the hope of an actual discussion comes up, so that nothing new can ever be incorporated into the same fucking thread?

The reason that water avatar did nothing is because Bald Wind Bitch was so ruthless and efficient about bringing peace that he had nothing to do.

True, he should have been more vigilant regardless, but in all fairness nobody really bothered to tell him he needed to be.

If you locked off other countries into alternate universes, you'd have never gotten the original Avatar cartoon you love so much. No asian influence to inspire and fuel it. No Korean animation studios to produce it..

Until you give a suitable rebuttal. You're saying opening the portals are okay even though there will be a insane increase of spirits going to our world because some people MIGHT be able to pacify them but then aren't they good spirits from the start? What about the sinister ones that turn people in abominations and shit?

No. What makes the avatar special is they reincarnate with the potential to master all 4 elements. With only one left alive no one can achieve the same thing. Not to mention no spirit is strong enough to fuse with them and complete the process.

It wouldn't close the gap, especially given that the spirits showed a massive hatred for humanity.

I was really excited for all the human/spirit plots that could have come up after the portals were left open.

>Human expeditions to research/cultivate/mine the spirit world (at the very least we know magic healing spirit water exists,and the vine power)
>Monks travel there for the experience
>Someone like Varrick goes there looking for business opportunities (and a place to operate outside of legal restrictions)
>Or the Avatarverse equivalent of Steve Irwin goes there to film some footage (you know you'd watch that)
>Some people even use the portals to plan shorter routes for intercontinental trips
>Border checkpoints need to be set up at each portal
>The towns nearest the portals experience growth from all the travel
>Conflicts of various sizes happen
>Some friendships happen
>People who find kinship with spirits (like Bumi), find new uses for their lives with the portals open, i.e. traveling spirit theater, or spirit whisperer
>We get one or two recurring spirit characters with a name and motivation and everything
>No really, please, I hope for this
>Spirit who wants to give up on their world and become more like a human
>Or maybe a human and spirit falling in love?
>We know that spirits can mutate people by entering them
>What if this process was consensual?
>It could be like Raava's and Vaatu's unions with humans, only different (and less powerful because those two are gods)

School hasn't started back up, huh?

>locked off other countries
No, just Africa.

And perhaps some muslim countries .

You're forgetting the part where spirits fucking murder the humans for going into their area, and randomly attack people because they are feeling scared.

Korra was a great character that was consistent and she does grow within the series.
The problem with LoK is the plot. Not the characters.
Except Asami, how flat.

>but then aren't they good spirits from the start?

But wait, I thought spirits we're irredeemably negative according to you. If there were such a thing as "good spirits", you wouldn't be able to argue that there are no possible upsides to travel between worlds at all, and only possibly evil results non-stop all the time. Because even if we set up a border checkpoint and only approved legal immigration for those that could offer something to humanity, none would ever pass your approval.
So what do you mean when you talk about inherently good spirits?

>Korra was a great character that was consistent and she does grow within the series
The last thing Korra did in the series is asking a person that just had her father murdered on a date, abandoning Republic City and the Earth nation to chaos. How is that for 'growing'?

>if we set up a border checkpoint
I don't think spirits will let that happen. Right now they want to kill anyone that gets near the portal.

I never said all of them are evil spirits, stop putting words in my mouth. What is the upside of traveling between worlds or getting anything from the spirit world? The only time that was shown where someone did take something from the spirit world was the spirit vine thing and that was made into a WMD. I'm saying spirits don't do a lot of good for humans while they can do a lot of bad to humans, like slaughtering people and turning them into monsters. Name one good thing a spirit has done in the show besides being "friends" with humans?

It's almost like fucking with the avatar's development and making them live in seclusion is a terrible idea. It's almost like this exact scenario almost happened in the first series had it not been for aang's teacher.

>The only time that was shown where someone did take something from the spirit world was the spirit vine thing and that was made into a WMD.
What can be turned into an explosive can also be turned into an energy source.

>What is the upside of traveling between worlds or getting anything from the spirit world?
Getting to talk to Iroh. By the way,how is he so happy there if it is such an inhospitable shithole?

>I never said all of them are evil spirits, stop putting words in my mouth.
Then stop ignoring all other points and reverting to the exact same post over and over again. If you're argument were just "overall open portals are a bad idea, what do you think" you'd have ground to stand on here. But the post you are consistently making and then retreating back to is one of 100%, un-negotiable negativity. I'm not putting any words into your mouth that you aren't shoveling it full of already.

>Name one good thing a spirit has done in the show besides being "friends" with humans?
Everything the Avatar has ever done was the work a spirit. Starting with the closing of the portals in the first place, and you seem to think pretty highly of that action.

>says importing dangerous entities is a bad idea
>responds with an adhomonym about racism
Build the damn wall already. And lock this idiot out.

>What is the upside of traveling between worlds or getting anything from the spirit world?
Oh, and I forgot to add that magic, super healing spirit water that could cure any physical ailment you have, and even bring you back from death.

Iroh is happy because he's already a spirit? I mean can spirits even do anything to spirits? Also it was shown that there are shit spots in the spirit world, like the one with Admiral Zhao where he's being tortured for eternity. So you're admitting that closing the spirit portal in the first place was a good thing?

The spirit water thing is in the physical plane tho so there's no need to open a portal to get it.

Who the fuck said anything about racism? Jesus, you easily triggered fucks see what you want everywhere. Also, learn what an ad homonym is. I'll help you out. This post is an ad homonym, you moron.

I guess they'd be from a family of non-benders, unaware of their bending powers until the age of 16. They'd live a nomadic life due to spirits chasing their people away from the lands they used to live in.

They took over a large portion of RC and people had to relocate because the spirits fucked up housing and infrastucture. In the comics the spirit are violently "defending" the portal that they even asked Korra to close.
Actually in book 4 Tenzin says they might have to relocate and rebuild RC to accomodate the spirits and the spirit vines spreading from the portal.

Well it seems like they changed how the AS works. The past lives seem to just be information now, you can contact them and get some help from their wisdom, but they have no impact on the strength of the AS anymore.

I think they did it to distance Korra from Atla. To try and symbolicly make it its own thing. There's little point in comparing Korra to past avatars if they're not around anymore to guide her. Not that she used their guidance ever.

Korra not being impalled on my dick was a mistake.

Well the avatar can deal with spirits. But so can waterbenders like Unalaq. And i would be very surprised if similar techniques don't exist in the other nations, because lets be honest, people don't have time to wait for the Avatar to deal with spirit issues all across the world.

It's also possible that normal people could communicate with spirits if they were in-tune enough with them. Some people like Iroh did travel to the spirit world so it's not like Spirit stuff is avatars only.

same

I'm not just mad about the lore, I'm mad at how LoK was filled with so many lame moments.

>Tenzin doesn't show off any of his battle skills until after episode 7. He gets electrocuted randomly and didn't do anything in episode 6 when the equalists attacked the probending stadium, and when he gets his moment to shine vs the mechas, he does an airwheel only to get knocked unconscious again.

>iroh II being hyped up and getting a whole fightscene in the sky only to never be relevant again

>zuko and his dragon losing pathetically in book 3

>kya loses against someone who learned airbending for 2 weeks
>kya also loses against another waterbender and it wasn't even close

>book 4 advertising itself on the premise that it has some grey morality in the first episode, throws it away to point out Kuvira is clearly evil

>book 4 advertising itself on the premise that it has some grey morality in the first episode, throws it away to point out Kuvira is clearly evil
Kuvira was such a massive disappointment. For a few episodes it seemed like Bryke were really going for something different, only for her to turn out to be a mix of Sozin/Azula, ending up way more bland than either (this with Sozin being a flashback character).

Hello, I work for Nickelodeon, we will take on this idea and will make sure Bryke aren't allowed to be 100 miles of the production team.

>Accidentally shit the bed and make Kuvira so right everyone agrees with her because she's doing the objectively good thing
>Position the heroes as external meddlers trying to prop up a corrupt and pointless monarchy to keep the earth nation easily cowed
>Don't bother trying to write your way out of your mess just make Kuvira earth nation Stalin!

>Kuvira's motivation is daddy/mommy issues like 80% of Avatar villains
>Suyin took Kuvira as a daughter only until she had Opal then dropped her like yesterday's news
>Refuses to help the Earth Nation in chaos because she "doesn't want to rule it"
>No one ever asked that. They just asked if she could help them stop bandits from starving towns to death
>Kuvira steps up, this pisses off Suyin because she's got Bataar Jr. locked between her legs
>"Ooh Bataar Jr. let's go home and be a family again I forgive you for everything!"
>"Wow Kuvira you're going to jail forever you're dead to me I hope you get raped"

The real villain of Season 4.

>the human connection between mortals and spirits shouldn't try to arbitrate true balance

>Literally the only human that knows the world is post-apocalyptic
How the hell was the world post-apocalyptic in any sense of the word?

NO

KYA IS SUPPOSED TO LOVE COCKS

She got away with everything, and her son got off for free aswell.

>tumblr's filter requires an account to disable
Fucking tumblr I don't want an account

Don't worry, user, none of this is canon. None of The Legend of Korra is canon.

If only this was so because of actual authorial intent and not plain bad writing. Suyin a shit. Lin was right about everything.

I'm sorry but I have decided not to live in denial

Remember when Korra was a mini-series that people autismed into a full length show?

That was a mistake

So was Zaheer and his friends the last members left from the Red Lotus?

or are they still out there targeting world leaders?

Your loss, mate.

I think we heard there were more at the end of book 3, but we never hear of them again.

Yes, but it needs to be bended along the chi pathways. It couldn't heal folks just by dumping them into a pool of the stuff.

Sucks to be the next guy then, seeing as he'll only have Korra to look back on.

If they DID change the ruleset to make it so past lives don't matter, then that's a retcon so big that that Marvel could only dream of doing something like it themselves. You can make a weak argument for everything else working in congruency with the old canon (which it really doesn't, but hey, live and let live and whatever), but that directly defies Avatar canon. Roku literally stated that the glow symbolized all of the Avatar's past lives working in unison to not only give the Avatar incredible power, but also to give them immense skill. Actually, it's kinda funny, I don't think we've ever seen an Avatar actively bend all 4 elements symotaniously outside of the Avatar state. Roku kind've did in his flashback, but it was more pronounced with Aang's element ball. But hey, who needs all your past lives working in Unison to achieve a feat like that, when you have a spirit carpet that can magically unlock all 4 elements for you, and effectively make you go Super Saiyan.

I hate this series. So much.

So are they planning on showing Sokka's descendants at some point? Everyone else got to show their kids and grandkids

Sokka died childless and alone, because he wasn't a cool bender.