WILL WE EVER FIND OUT WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN?

WILL WE EVER FIND OUT WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN?

SONNNNNNNNNIC UNDERGROUND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mTMStyScMvc
youtube.com/watch?v=4aIa9ClwTcA
youtu.be/zY6votLn2I0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't believe the girl was voiced by Urkel too.
WHAT were they THINKING?

This. It sounds so fucking bad. Honestly, this whole show was a trainwreck, but it fit snugly into that "so bad, it's good" category for the awful animation and DA-tier story elements.

I remember coming across this on the internet as a kid and, being the huge insufferable Sonicfag that I was, I decided to watch it. It was stupid as fuck and most of it was forgettable, but there's one moment in particular that stuck out to me. It was one of the times when the three decided to perform random song that served as a PSA for some stupid shit for no I Universe reason. Now these song numbers were already stupid because they've established that their instruments double as weapons of wanton destruction, making them basically like early Noise Marines, so how they performed without leveling a city was beyond me. So anyway once they finish the song, some robots attack them (who Sonic Doesn't destroy with his speed and mobility for...reasons) and one of them, the Magenta one Sonya I think, said something along the lines of "Oh no, We can't use our instruments because that song Drained our amulets." And that was the final straw that broke the back of the camel holding a mountains worth of disbelief because WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WASTE YOUR POWETS ON A SHITTY SONG THAT NO-ONE WAS EVEN AROUND TO LISTEN TO YOU MOTLEY MOB OF MEDIOCRE MUCISIANS!?

youtube.com/watch?v=mTMStyScMvc

It's not a Sonic Underground thread without one of these
youtube.com/watch?v=4aIa9ClwTcA

This was how I discovered it existed.
youtu.be/zY6votLn2I0
Gayest thing ever

i fucking hated this show as a kid (and sonic), yet i loved that opening.

still do.

It was supposed to get cancelled in the first season because it was fucking awful.

But seriously, wikipedia says eventually the mother was going to team up with the kids to beat robotnik once she's allowed to by the prophecy.

Did they ever find their mom?

>Here's how Sonic Underground happened. After SatAm was canned because of a change in leadership at ABC and low ratings caused by multiple pre-emptions caused by sporting events and finally - being placed up against the red-hot "Power Rangers," - a new version of Sonic was created: Sonic Underground.

>Did they ask me (Ben Hurst) or Pat or Len Janson to develop the series? No. In fact, I never heard of the series before a DIC story editor called and asked me and Pat to come to a cattle call for Sonic Underground. I refused (we don't do cattle calls - which, for those of you unfamiliar with the term - is where they bring in about 20 writers to learn about a series and pitch written premises (for free) in hopes of snagging an episode or two). The story editor got us there by guaranteeing us at least a few episodes. So, off we went to a conference room at DIC.

>We got there and yep, twenty writers. They showed an episode of SatAm (first season) to "illustrate the background" of the characters. It wasn't one of mine or Pat's - it was one of the other episodes. After they described the marvelous new direction (Siblings, Music, Missing Mother, Stupid New Characters) they ended the meeting. We were taken into another room with the story editor who told us he wanted us to write the pilot episode. We did. SEGA read the script, then the story editor was fired and we were hired. They also hired another team of story editors - who survived through about 8 episodes before they left. We also got a few fledgling writers shoved down our throat by the producer (results: I had to rewrite their damned unusable scripts from page one - they still got paid for the script - I got nada)

>We tried our best to get some lore going, but DIC was racing through the series at 2 episodes a week - an insane pace and one calculated to maximize their profits. We managed to get a three-part origin story through, but with the limited time, we were unable to tie everything together.

Why has no one posted this yet?

or this.

That explains so much of this show.

Jesus, this is some "dinosaurs busting into a Cobra cafeteria" level shit.

Holy fuck this is hilarious

I think as a kid I once thought this show was good. Fucking seriously? I was giving it way too much credit for what it actually was

>knuckles cant glide
Underground was shit

I only liked it because i was chris-chan back in the day, and they didnt air Adventures or SatAM at the time.

I also loved Sonic R, but i dont regret that. i still play it sometimes

>TFW Sonic The Hedgehog managed to get 5 fucking cartoons made of his franchise in under 30 years

Boom > Adventures of > SatAM > OVA >>>>>>>>>>>>Underground/X

More like Sonic 6 Feet Underground

does anyone have that pic with all the unresolved endings in cartoons? the one where it says
>sonic underground: they never find their mother
>motorcity: detroit is still not free
etc?

Sonic X wasn't really bad.
It was just dull as fuck, when you expected so much more because it was an anime.

Ben Hurst deserved better

X had its moments, I wouldn't consider it as bad as Underground

Fuck you for making me laugh at this dumbass joke

i think it suffered because it wasnt always about Sonic (like how Right Back at Ya wasn't really about Kirby), but when it was, they had to animate a fast character with the "anime framerate"

>I also loved Sonic R, but i dont regret that
Literally nothing wrong with this

man... what a shit show

IT'S RIGHT BEHIND THE RAIN

>i think it suffered because it wasnt always about Sonic
More to the point, Chris was effectively the actual main character of the show, and he's a terrible character to base anything around.

>remember both SATAM and Adventures
>never once saw Underground on tv and only found out about it 10 years later
I'm so glad I missed this trainwreck

It's funny how one episode dedicated to one of Chris's friends, Helen, was more interesting than anything involving Chris himself. I'd say it's one of the best episodes in the series.
Also funny was how Chris constantly complained about not having friends even though he was clearly friends with Danny and Helen

I think a lot of people did because Underground only aired in crazy timeslots. Where I live it aired like at 5AM. I only knew about it because my family had to get up early for a trip. I watched maybe 5 minutes of it before I looked for something else.

>I watched maybe 5 minutes of it before I looked for something else.
Same. In my town it aired right before Pokemon so a few times I'd catch the tail end of it. I'd been a fan of both of the other Sonic cartoons but this one never made me want to watch a full episode.

>not watching the spanish dub

Also. Sonia's Tits

>Also funny was how Chris constantly complained about not having friends
He had a pretty good life but he was never happy with it. The worst part of his life was maybe his busy parents not always being around but he still had a cool grandpa to hang out with.

Let's break this down.

>Knuckles pinwheels arms and falls UPWARD off ledge for no reason.
>Hovers up and down for two seconds.
>Sonic... reacts. I guess.
>Sonic lunges forward and his hand becomes the size of Knuckles' torso. The background is a red sky; either dawn or sunset. Knuckles is now parallel with the ledge and Sonic extends his arm parallel to him. Random pieces of debris is now under Knuckles and then fall faster than he does.
>We cut to Knuckles falling towards a layer of clouds and Sonic's arm now aimed downwards towards him. His hand is still the size of Knuckles body.
>Sonic grabs Knuckles's hand with his own, which is now the same size as Knuckles' hand. More debris falls by Knuckles.
>Still more rocks fall from underneath the point Sonic is standing on. More rocks than should be possible.
>Sonic pulls Knuckles back up on the ledge and we see trees below him. Sonic and Knuckles are roughly the same size but Knuckles is shorter by about the width of Sonic's eyes.
>Cut back and Knuckles is now barely larger than Sonic's head.
>Sonic pulls him in for a buddy hug and Knuckles is considerably larger. He winks, which totally doesn't work with that unieye design.

>Lets make teenages masterbate to Urkel's girl voice.
>You mean White's?
>No, I mean Urkel's.

If I could fix this show, I'd do it like this:
>No musical weapons or numbers.
>NO FUCKING MUSICAL WEAPONS/NUMBERS
>Sonia, and Manic have original VAs, but it wouldn't be the same without Jaleel at the wheel
>Animation would remain 2D, but with actual passion for the project and trying to stay(mostly) on model
>Everyone needs to be up to their Legacy/Modern designs, or a suitable Classic design.
>First two seasons will be about the three recruiting freedom fighters for their underground resistance, and the third will finally show their mother has become one of Robotnik/Eggman's top soldiers, roboticized into a pure death machine.
>Third season finale features an hour special of the three restoring their mother and the world around them into a better form, after a lengthy battle.

What do you think?

>Adventures of that high
>X that low
>BOOM THAT HIGH

>Written by the people who heard about SataM

This made me cry as a child :(

>Taste this bad exists

Tamers is oddly fun to watch. Not even really to make fun of him, just to see whatever he thought up to go with Bartleby's ass.

oh im saving that

> We were taken into another room with the story editor who told us he wanted us to write the pilot episode. We did. SEGA read the script, then the story editor was fired and we were hired.

Rude. Bet that editor felt bad after that he went out of his way for them.

Boom is a good cartoon but just because it makes meta jokes doesn't mean it's some sort of godsend. The characters, many of times, are just flat out annoying. It works with the comedic setting, but as the show keeps making jokes about how it avoids complicated actions and using generic tropes, those don't really excuse them being shortcomings. I like Boom but as a cartoon it's hardly the "best cartoon", just the most modern.
With AOSTH, personally, is just isn't funny at all. Having not grown up with it I can only imagine that it's pretty much only revered highly because of memes and nostalgia. I don't want to say it's bad, I can appreciate bits of it, but i don't find it fun or interesting to watch.

Sonic X is a fun cartoon, but despite that reason being what people like about the aforementioned cartoons it gets the short end of the animated adaptions stick. People give WAY too much hate towards the Chris character.

>for those of you unfamiliar with the term - is where they bring in about 20 writers to learn about a series and pitch written premises (for free) in hopes of snagging an episode or two)

Jesus christ that sounds awful.

what did chris do again? i just remember him running away with sonic when all the animals were about to go back

Also probably because for a large part of time, X is an on-rails adaptation of game elements as opposed to the others going their own way with the shit.

Jaleel White will alwayd be Urkel to most people.

Also, a moment my friends and I always laugh about: we were hanging out in a new apartment figuring out what we wanted to watch, joking about if movies starred Jaleel White. We saw some shit Sci-Fi original coming on and decided to watch it to laugh at it. Fucking Jaleel White is the main character.

>I also loved Sonic R, but i dont regret that. i still play it sometimes

Oh god, that reminded me of how I wanted ultra sonic to be in Sonic R; but he wasn't. So I edited a screenshot of Sonic in-game and put it into paint; and decided to use the spray can tool to color sonic along with the chaos emeralds and stuff like that. Man I wish I still had that hard drive.