Anyone know why this was banned in the UK after airing once?

Anyone know why this was banned in the UK after airing once?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_AVTL3E0g0
youtube.com/watch?v=lJBT74plP6A
youtube.com/watch?v=OsH8d072QxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

brits know that Bismuth did nothing wrong and don't want to show her getting unjustly shit on and locked away forever

It inspires kids to try to shove drills into their friends.

While also advocating manufacturing weapons

A person of color was shown to be a bad guy.

>I don't want to make civic buildings for the public good
>I want to make weapons. Weapons to murder fellow gems.
>Better join the rebellion so I have an excuse to make and use my inventions to kill others
>did nothing wrong

If anything, every Gem did something entirely wrong, if not everything.

>why this was banned in the UK
because they're a nation of pantywaisted cunts afraid of offending anyone and would be better off being occupied by an actual country's government

Gems were definitely a mistake, but who made it?

Gemprecursors when?

SU is shit and UK is full of cucks

>Building shrines for Bourgeoisie is a "public good".
>Arming the glorious peoples rebellion is bad
>joining with your comrades to throw off the shackles of oppression is bad
>imply she did anything wrong
White Party cucks GET OUT

Because CN UK is run by dipshits who butcher pretty much every show they air. There's a scene in an episode of AT where Jake vomits that got cut over here.

Too edgy and violent for britbongs.

Slaves don't have to give ethical justifications for their actions.

humankind in the future

What did you expect from the country that invented Teletubbies?

I don't think bloody shariah law allows it.

Hey she wants to make beat sticks and pokers. I can get behind that.

>her
Nani

Because she's a Golliwog and the Ministry of Truth finds those to be offensive wrongthink.

>its not sociopathy if they deserved it
Red party pls go and stay go, dont you have some more unarmed teenagers to kill and be smug about?
God i wish i was as brave as those revolutionary hero's.

Bismurth isint the russian who invented the AK in stalingrad, they're more like a person who developed a gilded executioners axe.
Ineffective for anything but showmanship and terror in actual combat.

The thing is that I can only recall CN UK being so excessive with censorship. I don't remember any Nick or Disney shows getting censored to this extent over here.

I don't watch SU, is that character a woman? Isn't she basically just shirtless?

Gems dont have tits.

wait, really? why?

They're rocks. Unless you've seen rocks in real life that have tits

They're not mammals. They pop out of the ground fully formed.

>themoreyouknow.gif

They're sentient alien crystals that project holoforms. They COULD give themselves tits if they wanted but they don't.

They aren't mammals.

The real answer is because UK's censorship division had its head stuck up its ass and couldn't handle the idea of someone getting run through the chest.
Seriously, they will demand censorship over the smallest of things. Just look at how many changes have been made to Adventure Time per episode.

The UK can get fucked.

>is that character a woman

Gems are canonically genderless, but Bismuth really took it to the extreme: she has no female gender characteristics whatsoever.
Voiced by Uzo Aduba, who is awesome IMHO.

>The real answer is because UK's censorship division had its head stuck up its ass and couldn't handle the idea of someone getting run through the chest.

Then they must also have censored this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_AVTL3E0g0

Gems seem like they were created by some cross-dimensional beings for shits and giggles, But they got sentience and went completely out of control,

Still doesn't explain why gems love their bipedal monkey shapes though, It probably ties into the biggest reason why Rose started a rebellion in the first place for primitive species that coincidentally had their same shape.

To be fair, I haven't seen rocks give birth to retarded fat children either.
But then we wouldn't have a show.

Technically, we haven't seen that in the show either.

I'm British and I agree with this. Our government is trash

Did you know the word Ninja was once banned on TV? Hence we got Hero Turtles instead of Ninjas

But that's the ideal of the CGs anyway, Bismuth is just an extremist terrorist

Bismuth is still the best episode of SU because not only is is fun and creative it brought such a needed shade of grey to the show.
It showed that even gems with good intentions can twist that into something bad.
But even better that which I love about this episode is that even know people still debate who was in the wrong.
You know an episode did something right if Bismuth morality is still debated today.

And a treasonous bitch on top of that.

I've heard AT's censorship in Australia is worse.

Is there any country that doesn't censor imported tv shows?

This.
Her weapon was extremely inpracticle

I prefer my theory that the Gems are a race of magical Earth Elementals that became what they are now through the power of eugemics.

>I've heard AT's censorship in Australia is worse
Fuck.
That might explain why I keep seeing things I don't remember the last time I watched the episode maybe they relaxed things.

there is nothing stopping anyone from improving it

even with the drawback of having to be reloaded by another unit, the improvement of range would make the breaking point an actual weapon of war.

>couldn't handle the idea of someone getting run through the chest

You just reminded me that they edited Transformers: Prime so that we didn't see the Star Saber sticking out of Megatron's chest.

It's obviously because of Bismuth's nudist philosophy.

Best thing in that shitty show.

Surely it's as simple as it being a half hour episode and the scheduling never allows for it?

Why is Ra's Al Ghul visible for exactly one frame?

The Breaking Point requires immense precision to target the gems so giving it more range won't solve anything. It's harder to hit the gems from far away, and it would make if even worse at close range, since you lose the driver after launching it.

I wonder how they're gonna censor Lars' head if they actually show that episode.

more of modify it that it's no longer an anti-personnel weapon but rather an anti-armor/ship weapon.

think how the fire nation was able to modify a simple balloon into the giant zeppelins they used in the final season of avatar. took a basic concept the upscaled it into something useful.

bandai's being a dick taking their time releasing the kit for that add-on.

he kinda does look like him if you think about it

Censor what exactly, the giant centipede?

Lars dying on-screen.

and the usa will be next.

Nearly every country that has a problem with that episode just cuts out the bit where you can see Pearl's impaled shadow. It probably gets a pass because they make it clear that she isn't all that hurt by the impaling. The shadow shot makes her look like she's actually dead before she starts talking again, so it had to go.

They'll probably leave it as-is. I mean, the subtext makes it clear he died, but it's shot in a way that it looks more like he just fainted for a minute.

Yeah and now that episode is banned in several countries outright.

The UK doesn't need a reason for banning things, it's simply part of their shitty culture.

He bumps into a rock and tumbles down like 7 feet, it's not like a super gruesome, bone-shattering impact.

Bismuth return when? There is still unexplored interaction left between her and Lapis.

Since we're talking about CN UK, why are they so shit? I discovered Adventure Time through it but literally never even knew who Hunson Abadeer was until I watched it online. The Nightosphere episode must be banned.

The reason is that British PC culture is cancer.

I love this episode too, but man, only the actual Tumblr crowd would debate Bismuth as being in the right.

The UK is a PC shithole, some Simpsons episodes are outright banned or edited so much that they make no sense

canada

Bismuth did nothing wrong user, eliminate the bourgeoisie at any cost

Bismuth did plenty wrong.

Personally, I could care less if they kill Homeworld gems. This is war they're dealing with, and Homeworld was forcing their hand. However, the main issue here is that the Breaking Point was retarded. Not only was it incredibly unwieldy (you literally have to line up the weapon exactly to the gem, which varies widely between gems, and hope you hit it before the other gem poofs you), but it was shown to be utterly inferior to poofing. Poofing is faster, is almost foolproof, and lets the Crystal Gems receive new recruits if forces are low. The Breaking Point's only advantage is that it shatters the gem, but gems escaping after being bubbled almost never happens. This kinda killed the episode for me, as it removed any semblance of nuance by showing Bismuth to be utterly wrong. It would have been a much better conflict had the Breaking Point been superior to other Gem weapons while still shattering, like a gun or a bomb.

tldr; Bismuth triggered my /k/-tism

Rose is the only Gem who has tits, and most likely reformed that way due to being obsessed with humans

this is actually really rational and fair. get the fuck off of this website and do something with yourself before it's too late.

What really pissed me off about the episode was the Crystal Gems making it sound like Homeworld had been attacking them nonstop since the war, when the only homeworld gems who have set foot on the planet since were a now-friendly technician, her bodyguard, and a small rescue squadron. If the Crystal Gems had just told Bismuth "no, they've more or less been ignoring us since the war ended", the whole conflict would have been avoided.

She could infer that but hadn't seen all the time that passed. It'd be like trying to tell someone from WW2 Era that we're not at war with them or Vietnam not to kill Koreans.. It's just a state of mind in their time that's too hard to leave them.

This.

Every Gem had the ability to poof a gem. The Murderous Bitchmuth just wanted to kill like the bitch she is.

Gundam will never not piss me off
>Man look at all these cool giant robot rights awesome right
>No it's not, war is hell and you should feel bad for enjoying the mech combat we've put in front of you
Are there any gundam series that are just badass mech fights without the horrors and evils of war message?

Yeah, it's called Gurren Lagann.

>You can break free from your caste restrictions and do anything
>No don't do that

>Bismuth: I knew those Homeworld elites were twisted. How many of us did they shatter?! Crazy Lace, Biggs, Snowflake?! If I was there, I-I could've stopped it!
>Garnet: It's not like they've stopped trying.
>Bismuth: What's that?
>Garnet: Homeworld still has its eyes on this planet.
>Pearl: We continue to thwart their plans over and over.
>Steven: But they just keep coming back!
>Amethyst: Yup. They want us bad.
>Bismuth: Good. I thought I wouldn't get another chance to show those uppercrusts who's boss! Let's show 'em what happens when you mess with the Crystal Gems!
Like, holy fuck. Listen to how badly they're overselling what's been going on since the war. "We continue to thwart their plans over and over"? What? They 'thwarted' maybe two of them at best in the last 5000 years.

And to think we're the country that made Animals of Fathering Wood.

Why would they ban it? Suicidal pacifism seems to be the new European way.

wrong board

Fuck off, we're allowed to talk about Steven Universe on Sup Forums.

disappearing_pants.png

If they poof a gem, they can just gather it up and smash it at their leisure. It would be a perfectly serviceable execution tool, but yeah, as a weapon to be used it battle, the concept was utterly retarded.

Consider our history.

I know what bothers me about Steven Universe characters. Some of them look like hippos. Steven, Sadie, and Bismuth really irk me.

It's the blast, man. His hair covering one half of his forehead is implying his skull caved in.

Yeah, now the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction.

And the last thing Europe needs is a reason to revert back to the genocidal barbarianism of the last 2000 years.

I agree, things have been really regressing and going horribly there such a long period of time; hopefully europe can finally be successful at the level the rest of the world is.

I still don't know if the breaking point was meant to be such a shitty weapon in universe or if the crew just sucked at creating a powerful and effective weapon for Bismuth to use so it's only stupid for us watching

Canada

Gundam Wing can be if you just ignore Sandrocks pilots every time he talks. I just want more Gundam that's hand drawn and not jerky cgi shit with Yu-Gi-Oh styled mcs

Please don't torture people by suggesting Wing. Just tell him to watch VOTOMs or something, please god.

but user votoms looks like shit, 8th ms team is good though it's like Vietnam but with robots

youtube.com/watch?v=lJBT74plP6A

Steven Universe is a terrible show and thrives off waifu wars and male nucuckoldery. Bismuth is emblematic of this! Alone At Sea is where it all went downhill, and Beach City Drift was a cheap fucking copout example. Steven blatantly saying he hates Kevin is ooc enough, and all we got was his fat retard gimmick of "Nooooo Stoooooppp!!" being a peaceful and domestic shitstain.
Bismuth was wrong and retarded, but she's on the opposite extreme end of the spectrum of violence and Stevens at the far end. Doing nothing is just as bad.
What the fuck was Bismuth? A hamfisted attempt at a moral lesson? Double standard hackeneyed writing? What was the lesson anyway? Forgive your enemy? Ignore the problem? Silence uprisers? Provide comfort to dissidents?
They didn't resolve this issue at all. Its going to come back up and its gonna be even worse because Steven is gonna get called out for bubbling Bismuth. We didn't even get to see what the Crystal Gems thought of her barbarism. Just huddling Inna circle jerk of feefees.

The only reason anyone likes Steven and Connie and their god awful decisions is so fat assholes like you can stroke their shameboner over a mulatto newhalf voiced by a washed up singer anyone barely remembers because she needs the money for being so cheap.

I was looking forward to character development, not abrupt plot cuttingnoff the branches hugbox garbage.

user, if you can't enjoy older media, much less older cartoons and anime, it's really your loss. There's a lot of great stuff out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=OsH8d072QxE

Grey isn't really a colour.

Underrated

Fuck my sides

What did he mean by this?

I think he stated his case pretty clearly, really.

Same, what I want is a gundam series that pretty much just G.I. Joe a cheesy, fun series about a bunch of unoffensive, slightly stereotypical earthlings fighting a group of costumed scenery chewing space terrorists with ridiculous schemes to take over the galaxy

Basically this. Children's tv in UK has always been very heavy handed in how much "real" violence towards a human is shown. Hense why dennis the menace, grizzly tales and live action shitshows are the only real examples of homegrown british violence. You can show kids being turned into spiders from the inside out, you can show cartoon animals getting crushed by an anvil or someone getting hit down a motorway with an out of control wheelie bin, but the moment the character can't walk it off and shows a clear serious injury on-camera, via blood, poofing, or pseudo death its SHUT IT DOWN time.

Its the same with any form of sexual contact or erotic imagery, they cut out half the fusion dances and even some of those pearl/rose lesbean scenes.

Execs are that scared of concerned mothers calling in by the thousands.

Rose did.