What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0AY27gLWhtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I personally enjoyed it.

Pseudo psychological trash made by the ultimate soyboy

so many buzzwords in there

Non-masculine shit for socially out-casted omegas.

Asuka fight is unironically one of the best scenes ever imo.

did you guys get kicked out of
or something?

Numerous times someones mentioned that there's a 1-26 + movies bootleg kicking around on ebay of the overseas blu-ray boxset release but with english subs added.

I can't find this. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

>socially outcasted
Evangelion is one of the most popular anime of all time.

There was a big NGE thread just now, or maybe it's still there. This isn't a banned topic on Sup Forums.

Every Anime fan I know thinks they are a deep philosopher because of this movie. They seem to think that live-action movies begin and end at marvel superhero movies. It's really a shame that they'll never experience something meaningful and will use schlock like this to justify the 99% of content they consume which consists of 12 year old girls in skirts screeching.

>12 year old girls in skirts screeching
I.e. a strawman you just came up with.

That's most of anime though. Its robots making swoosh noises and underage girls screeching.

99% of american movies is just schlock too though

It should've been diverse and straight forward like black panther.

Even if we are talking about anime concerning adolescent females, most of them are in high school or middle school. Westerners have a fixation on 12 year olds and "screeching." Probably from all the 12 year olds they rape.

Can someone explain the watch order for this shit?

Do i watch the ones with apostrophes first and then the ones without after? Do i watch 25' then 25 then 26' then 26'?
So fucking stupid and this is the most seeded one without an explanation

fuck, it has been forever

has the last of the rebuild movies finally come out yet?

Apostrophes are extended editions/directors cuts. In the case of 25 and 26 though those are the TV ending, 25' and 26' are the two halves of the movie end of evangelion which is a retelling of the TV ending with production values

Watch both, 25-26-25'-26'

Don't watch any of that shit. Just watch the scene where that fag faps to a unconscious redhead then watch the scene where the redhead battles to the death and you are done my friend.

Watch the entire series, realise the last 2 episodes are trash then watch EoE

>Just watch these two scenes but I won't tell you where they are.

People who think Asuka's final fight is the pinnacle of evangelion need to return to nothing

Not trash. I prefer to watch them like they are Shinjis subjective mental impressions when the third impact kicks in.

Shinji is a brainlet faggot who should never ave been born.

Isn't that what it is, aren't the last 2 episodes what people are seeing after everyone got tang'd

Oh look, another strawman from someone who thinks all anime are DBZ and Lucky Star. You sound just as retarded as your hypothetical anime fan who thinks all Western movies are capeshit.

You go to hell, dbz is fine art.

Lucky Star doesn't even have 12 year olds or screeching, so he's describing or more likely imaging something else entirely.

It's kino.
But after having seen it for the first time 15ish years ago and watching it occasionally, really the only meaningful aspect of it is that Thanatos -If I Can't Be Yours- and Komm, Seusser Tod have never left circulation of the music I want to listen to.

Honestly, I love Evangelion so much, its such a great piece of art. The questions it asks are just important to humans that it really baffles me when people hate on it for what it tries to do. Are you too cool to think about how humans derive worth in their life? What happens to your identity if its all tied up in what you do, but you're no longer able to do what you do? Add in some spectacular direction and its truly a marvel. I honestly can't think of a Chinese cartoon that's better. Or any animated show for that matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=0AY27gLWhtM
this is pure, unfiltered kino, simply no getting around it

>60 fps

didn't saw the show, but this movie is decent, tho it doesn't explain anything.

Kino masterpiece

Of course it doesn't explain anything, it's the finale to a series, not a standalone.

>Pseudo psychological
it's literally the most basic concepts of psychology explained for idiots

It's great and I love it, but the amount I hear people calling it the best part of evangelion really grinds my gears. Mecha fighting is part of eva but it's not really 'the point' of it, if that scene if your favourite part you really should be watching something else that does the mecha thing better.

I liked it and I liked the series too, my favourite parts were the snippets of home life particularly whenever Misato was getting hammered.

Shinji doesn't get in the robot and then there's an explosion at a Fanta factory that floods the world in Fanta and Asuka says it's disgusting because she's a Pepsi shill.

One of my favorites.

The QAAC 5.1 audio stream is so much better than the 2 channel legacy.

So much more of a soundtrack and atmosphere can be heard

You failed to actually criticise the movie user

I used to be absorbed in anime and follow the story. I started to read books more to see mediums other than games and anime. After some time I went back to watch some anime, and it wasn't the same. Everything seemed silly and shallow and made for average teenagers that only scrape the subjects and are still mord about tednage life and problems. The old anime I was fond of wasn't the same. New highly rated anime seemed cliched and supetficial compared to my new experience. Visual animation can reveal only so much after all, especially when it has robots and character drama. There is such a wealth of knowledge inside many books and researches in simlar form of information release. With so many anime you get lost between watching and relating different anime, different forms of shallow i formation pandering to teenagers, you never get to see the deep knowledge in books and different forms of artistry.

puddle-deep weebshit overrated by emotionally stunted manchildren

Older anime wasnt orientated towards teens that much.
Besides, any book recommendations?

Teenagers don't exist in Japan, and anime doesn't pander. Also you are pretentious.

I like that the rebuild series is a complete change in direction that pisses off all the autists that expected some kind of remake of evangelion

So why is 110% of the animu have a 14 year old protagonist?

They don't, and the fact that the protagonist is a teenager does not mean the target audience is teenagers. This is only a Western interpretation.

>anime doesn't pander
are you an actual retard

No. What's retarded is thinking that anyone who is making things you don't like must be pandering.

but it IS one of the best parts of Evangelion and it has nothing to do with the mech aspect of it. it's just icing on the cake

By old I meant anime I previously saw, including old anime. Though they are better than capeshit for what it is worth, it is just that it seems weebs forget everything and take their anime as some set standart to see other things by.
I would recommend starting easy if didn't read much. /lit/ has good recommendations but there isn't clear distinction between particular hard to poach stuff and the easier more appealing and acceptable. Good points I imagine would be Dracula, many of the classics like don quixot or bgothers karamazov, gene wolfe if you are into fantasy(I saw great generals for genre fantasy on lit). Trying out the modernist stuff too and basically you are on your own from there. It just takes more time and concentration to get through books, but it is definitely worth it to expand your awareness.

Do you actually learn something from reading books?

There's a torrent floating around

>NGE is just pseudo psychological pleb material. Complete artifice. Now if you don't mind I'm going to spend the rest of my day watching what I consider to be art because it's all about MY opinion.

They fucken are,every single anime (almost) the protagonist is a kid. This shit is for kids. Jap kids.
The stuff like hellsing is for edgey jap kids.

Name some good anime for adult audiences?

did you just take a photo of your screen?

i enjoyed the first thousand threads about this but do we really have to see one every day?

High school students are more common than middle school students (14), and there are many anime with adult characters.

>This shit is for kids. Jap kids.
Most anime is not made for children.

>The stuff like hellsing is for edgey jap kids.
Hellsing is not for children.

>Name some good anime for adult audiences?
No matter what anyone names, you will claim automatically that it's for kids.

So which of the six billion endings are canon?

the one where everyone minus 2 die

That's because it's all for kids.

>pic related
I'm gonna power up my magic chi so hard and be the very best
>197 episodes laters
>I'm gonna power up even harder so I can catch them all! super mega power up activate!

Do they repopulate the earth?

Again, most anime is not for children.

>pic related
So you're one of those people who think Shounen Jump action adventures account for all anime.

This one is maybe of the best films of the last 10 years.

Yes, anime is for children. It was for children 20 years ago, it's for children now.

t. Someone who was into anime 20 years ago.

So whats for men? Movies?

You don't know what you are talking about. Most anime is not for children. And besides, it's not an argument to say that something is for children.

Sup Forums recent poll voted it as one of the best films of the 90s

my nigga

>So whats for men?
real life

>Again, most anime is not for children.

If you talk abut the anime edited in USA, maybe, but if you lived in japan, you will realize is the oposite, there is a ton of anime for kids.

Also, in japan is diferent from prudish america, so they can show nude people and still aimed to kids. BTW, Akira or Evangelion are for young and young adult, both manga series was not serialized in kids magazine

>real life
its quite boring tbqh

Nobody said there isn't a lot of children's anime. What I said is that most anime isn't for children. And I don't have to live in or even set foot in Japan to know these things, and neither does anyone else.

it should say One more finale

>What I said is that most anime isn't for children.
>And I don't have to live in or even set foot in Japan to know these things, and neither does anyone else.
>most

well, thats the point, most anime IS for children, there is a lot of stuff you will never hear in america and is super popular in japan like Sazae-San or morning cartoons. Again, you make a sentence about animation in japan even if you never lived here. I just had to turn on the TV and can tell you there is more stuff aimed for kids than adult or seinen works.

Manga in the other hand is on par, there is a ton of seinen and office lady´s comic.

>most anime IS for children
In any given season there's more new non-children's anime than children's anime.

>there is a lot of stuff you will never hear in america and is super popular in japan like Sazae-San or morning cartoons
I'm not American and I know what Sazae-san is.

>Again, you make a sentence about animation in japan even if you never lived here.
I don't have to live there. Anime has been and continues to be documented in exhaustive detail. There's no magical mystical information that can only be understood by being physically present in Japan.

I unironically think that this is the best thing ever written and brought to the screen. I also unironically think One More Final is one of the best endings of cinema period.

I also unironically think that anyone who fails to see how fucking good this is, is either a fucking brainlet at best, and an irredeemable normie with no curiosity at worst.

yeah they're supposed to be the new adam and eve

I really hope I never get put into that situation.

>Thoughts?
>WHERE
>THE
>FUCK
>IS
>FOUR
>POINT
>OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It pisses the fans because is shit, not because it changed direction. Evangelion is supposed to do that and everybody knew it wasn't going to be just a remake.

Beats Adam and Steve

agreed. take a look at this thread. all idiots bashing eva

That it was the end of even gay lion shocked me

"the main character is a child, therefore it's for children" is not a valid argument. Having said that, lots of anime is incredibly juvenile

the sexualization of teen girls is a big part in evangelion

Sexualization is a feminist buzzword and Evangelion's characters are not 12. 12 year olds are also not teenagers.

I can hardly think of any anime that is more mature. Earth Defense Force comes to mind, but then it is not a popular movie and got mixed reception. Mushishi is more like a bed time fairytale story. Tokyo Godfathers is a pretty flick. Space Brothers a hopeful soap opera. Some of Miyazaki is done very well, but he himself said anime is trash.

I didn't even know these people existed as I've never really discussed Evangelion except with a couple friends, wtf? I literally barely even remember that as a scene. In fact the series would only just be "meh" if it wasn't for the attempt to display the psychological deconstruction and rebirth of Shinji in the last couple of episodes.

Also Misato >>> Asuka = Rei

>the state of this post
bet you are a reifag as well

There's lots of "mature" anime.

>he himself said anime is trash
He never said that, and even if he had it would not mean anything.

I said nothing incorrect, and I have not seen Evangelion.

Please tell of this "mature" anime.

There was no bait.

No matter what anime is mentioned, you will automatically claim it can't be "mature."

I think Serial Experiments Lain is pretty mature and ahead of it's time, but off the top of my head I can't think of much else, not that guy but I'm sort of curious what you have in mind

>No matter what anime is mentioned, you will automatically claim it can't be "mature."
Every single fucking time. Man up and follow up on your post when you say "there's lot of anime as deep as Evangelion"' or don't post it at all and shut the fuck up for fuck's sake.

There are tons of others.

>Every single fucking time.
That's because every single fucking time anyone asks X anime to be listed, he already has the conclusions pre-determined.

>when you say "there's lot of anime as deep as Evangelion"
I never said this.

I only ever get like 5 eps in to NGE before I drop it like hot garbage

Don't see why it's this masterpiece. The animation is good but that's it. The caveat of virginal teens saving the world with robots is sophomoric at best.

I like Akira tho.