Thought wasting resources on a giant drill was the best way to break through Ba Sing Se when Azula proved they could...

>thought wasting resources on a giant drill was the best way to break through Ba Sing Se when Azula proved they could have just used Earthbenders to do the same thing
>didn't remarry so he could breed more heirs in case Azula didn't work out
>couldn't just fake affection for Ursa so she wouldn't keep writing letter to Ikem
>didn't kill Iroh
Why was Ozai such an idiot?

There are very good reasons for all of those you moron.

How's the Internet in Fire Nation prison?

And what are those reasons?

The drill worked until Aang showed up
Azula was fine for the throne
Ursa is a bitch
Why would he kill Iroh?

This thread reminds me. Gonna have to remember to ask a drawfriend to make a "Flameo, fellow hotman." Aang

>The drill worked until Aang showed up
But it still failed, and Azula's plan showed it was much cheaper to manipulate the Dai Li instead
>Azula was fine for the throne
If you want to be ruled by a future Caligula, then maybe.
>Ursa is a bitch
Still better to keep your enemies close
>Why would he kill Iroh?
To remove a potential opponent to the throne, and a master firebender in their own right

the drill nearly broke, in a day, a mighty fotress wall that withstood a year-long siege

without aangs interference, it would have gone down as a rather impressive feat

>>drill small hole in wall
>>Dai lee just fix it as easily as they tore it down in S3
>>Expensive drill,small regiment of soldiers and royalty now trapped in the city surrounded by dai lee

The drill was dumb,especially since war baloons could have invaded the city easily a month later,waste of resources

>Azula did what nobody could do in 100 years due to plot contriv- I mean "lucky" circumstances
>even being a psycho himself he couldn't raise either child perfectly in his ways, more kids would turn out more like Zuko than Azula
>faking affection on a royal level, for that long, is all but impossible - and utterly beneath him
>oh yeah, because killing off the "former" heir wouldn't escalate an already tenuous situation, where the public was no doubt questioning the whole thing
You're not me, get lost bitch.

>especially since war baloons could have invaded the city easily a month later
Yeah, no. Did you see how fucking high that wall was? Even if the balloons could go somewhat higher it's almost certain the earthbenders could hit them from there.

He's too busy hating homosexuals like his ancestor to plan other things thoroughly.

Omfg he's literally as bad as Drumpf!!

Man... warlords, amirite?

That's not even surprising to be honest. Ozai is a shitty one-note villain who only exists so the audience could hate him, so bad writers pushing their ideas the moment they their hands on him is expected.

>But it still failed, and Azula's plan showed it was much cheaper to manipulate the Dai Li instead
They were doing both. Having a drill and the Dai Lee on their side would have kicked everyone down. Just showing they could break Ba Sing Se's walls is psychological warfare.
>If you want to be ruled by a future Caligula, then maybe
He already wanted Azula but remember that her becoming firelord didn't mean SHIT anymore. He was the phoenix lord instead or some bullshit. He either didn't know or didn't care how batshit Azula was since she was just a follower to him.
>To remove a potential opponent to the throne, and a master firebender in their own right
Iroh wouldn't have taken the thrown if Ozai himself offered it to him.

Honestly I've always found Ozzie to be the weakest part of the show, I get he had to be the big bad that needed to be stop but man was he boring,shame really. I'd love to understand his twisted warped worldview.

But he wanted to tear down the wall, user

Indeed,keeping him a minimum in appearance or voice acting the first two seasons helped build up tension,but as a character he's not as interesting as the other villains or characters

It would've killed the pacing but I've always felt in one of the Iroh prison scenes we should've gotten a flashback to what he was like as the irons little brother or what kind of husband was etc like we got fro Zuko,Azula and Zhao from his old master

>oh yeah, because killing off the "former" heir wouldn't escalate an already tenuous situation, where the public was no doubt questioning the whole thing
Iroh was already hunted as a traitor throughout the Fire Nation, as such, his reputation was likely in the gutter. No one amongst the high ranking generals shown any support for Iroh, their loyalty to Ozai seemed firm, the only other members of the royal family were Ozai's own children (so no other contenders), and the rest of the populace is cattle, they don't matter. Ozai could have easily killed Iroh. But it's a kids' show, where even prisoners of war are never killed by the super evil empire.

He was pretty one note, but they used him sparingly enough that it didn't matter, and Mark Hamill could make even the shittiest villain work.

I still found it funny they get Luke Skywalker to play a hybrid of Darth Vader and Palpatine.

>Iroh was already hunted as a traitor throughout the Fire Nation
This is factually incorrect based on the show. Go rewatch it.

This fag married one of the most (if not THE most) beautiful women to ever exist in the universe of Avatar.
>treated her like shit most of the time
>only had 2 children with her out of duty
>would've probably murdered her if he could get away with it

Unforgivably gay. If i were him i'd leave Ba Sing Se alone and chill in my palace banging Ursa 24/7.

>also why not raise a army of earthbenders?, just use the same propaganda he was already doing on earth kingdom citizen maken them loyal to the fire.

> Anyone who harbors these traitors will face the wrath of the Fire Lord! There will be no place left to hide!

Also, Iroh from S2E3:
>But where are we going to go?We're enemies of the Earth Kingdom and fugitives from the Fire Nation.

Do you honestly need it spelled out any further that Iroh was branded as a traitor at home?

This is what happens with most rulers with a lot of power. They find settling for mere sex beneath them and instead seek to become a legend.

Ozai is powersexual.

Are you a fucking moron, or were you not paying attention when watching? Iroh was deemed a traitor for his actions in the north, DURING THE SERIES. NOT BEFORE IT.

Hey, no need to shout.The OP did not specify when Ozai should have killed Iroh. He had him in prison in Season 3 (so after he was deemed to be a traitor). It was the perfect opportunity to get rid of him once and for all.

>Iroh wouldn't have taken the thrown if Ozai himself offered it to him.
Be that as it may, Iroh was still plotting against Ozai and his machinations where key in getting his brother deposed.

WTF, I have Fire Nation now

>Azula's plan showed it was much cheaper to manipulate the Dai Li instead
user, if i gave you two options to conquer the guys that are your enemies for 100 years: to create a weapon to go through enemy walls, or to talk to them into joining you.. which one you think is more likely to work out? i doubt Ozai had any faith that Azula's plan would work, which is quite reasonable. You don't expect your enemies to join you by mere words.

>Be Sozin
>in the middle of a war
>soldiers dying
>decides to ban homosexuals marrying so you have more soldiers to protect your nation
>2017
>gets shit by the fruitcake avatar

Azula didn't HAVE a fucking plan, anons. She couldn't have. Remember the Kyoshi Warriors' role in that story?