Netflix series when?

Netflix series when?

This was intended to be the start of a series of movies starring these characters. The idea was that each film would focused around some ancient gold or treasure themed legend. However, the movie bombed at the box office, so that never happened.

well jeez, just use those plans. I feel like it's ripe for the series treatment. It certainly had fans enough i would think.

If it happens I feel like it'd be something like and it could have the potential to be great if they don't fuck it up. It could even revive the franchise as a whole and gather a shitton of fans, because the movie already has that. I sure hope they consider it but I heard the crew hated working on this film, so if DreamWorks were to make something it wouldn't be done by the same people.

That's too bad. Either way would still be great. And yeah, honestly, they'd get fans even if it was mediocre.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it'd be a hit.
I wish they did either this or a Megamind one

>we could had seen Mayan godlike hips on a series, but we didn't because people have shit taste.

They are reaching back a lot though. We could get lucky.

If we got a Spirit series who's to say this won't get one as well, right? I wanna believe

Exactly. DreamWorks. DREAMWORKS.

Dreamworks/Netflix contract expires at the end of 2018 though. I don't think they'll renew it because all the shows that have been part of it have had planned endings.

I would rather not see those hips in shitty 3d though.

In order to get enough support for a series, they would have to reignite their core fan base: fujoshi. If they made Tulio/Miguel canon, I could picture the show picking up legitimate traction. Kind of a cheap grab for attention, but it's a trade I'd be willing to make. The tumblr fujos would get their long time OTP, and the rest of us would get more Chel. What say you, Sup Forums anons? Would it be worth it?

3d?

Kill yourself.

The fujos would watch it anyway even if they only made it as subtext and fanservice, but I'd honestly love for them to confirm it as canon, either that or MiguelxTulioxChel.
If they made a series AND confirmed either of those pairings I would lose my shit, DreamWorks needs to get on with it asap

Is the deal bad fort them somehow?

I haven't been privy to their shareholder transcripts lately (are those not public anymore now that they're Comcastic?) but there was every indication that the deal was amazing for them and a strong and consistently reliable source of revenue in a time where the same couldn't be said for their movies.
They were clearly interested in doing more past the initial contract.
The current rumor is the Felix the Cat reboot they've wanted to do since forever will end up on Netflix if it ever happens.

Nice. And it will be interesting to have another what i assume will be an incredibly dated installment of Felix.

>Felix the Cat reboot
Oh shit I'd watch that

>Turbo has a series
>Spirit has a series
>Home has a series
>Croods has a series
Well hot damn. If there's room for all of these movies to have a series, I don't see why Road to El Dorado shouldn't. What the hell, why is Dreamworks better at caring about their IPs than Disney? They're just now starting to make cartoons out of their movies again.

Marvel
Cars
Star Wars
Frozen

they own the entertainment industry!

>arguably the shittiest movies they produced get a cartoon
>not The Road To El Dorado though

the Home series is pretty great

To be fair, every cartoon they put on TV was from their more popular films.
Come to think of it, are Shrek and Megamind their only other popular movies that never got a series? I guess Puss in Boots sort of counts.

I tried it, it's meh
Megamind is not that popular I think, but if they wanted to make a series out of it I certainly wouldn't complain as I like that movie a lot.
It won't happen though.
We'll get a Bee Movie series before we get the El Dorado or Megamind one.

To be fair, the bulk of it is from their recent movies.
That's just basic marketing; see if the show can garner the interest for a sequel movie.
"Trolls: The Beat Goes On" is even a currently trademarked name, although nothing else beyond that yet.