Gumball thread

It's been too long since I've been in one, hiatus is over, right? We have 4 new episodes to watch? The Worst, the SJW, The Singing and 1 more

Gumball
Season 1 and 2 1080p WEB-DL & Comics:
mega.nz/#F!wEoXkIaZ!NPhsNQ3YPAX5k6MRxx_F2w

Season 3, 4, and 5 1080p WEB-DL:
mega.nz/#F!9kBi1aqQ!JSOT9QkrgrHC6GIPam7ozg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OpKWWpsVLtU
youtube.com/watch?v=lWo1pozqY8E
youtube.com/watch?v=otphPyhIjhU
zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/164936423288/conspicuouslad-jheselbraum-spookyram
youtu.be/6MPVlC9ku3s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=OpKWWpsVLtU

The episode is a critique on tumblr callout culture. If it feels ‘cringey,’ that’s because it’s supposed to. It’s the difference between someone who’s just trying to help and a performative ally who only wants to feel self-righteous

Context:

Cactus girl (Carmen) is being smug about trying to get Gumball to be a better person (cause he’s self-centered and lazy) and Gumball tries to ‘beat her at her own game’ (hence the cheesy sjw parody) except she actually is just trying to be a nice person (there’s a reply in the notes on this post that says something along the lines of “it’s not that the points Gumball’s making are wrong, it’s that he’s using them just to win an argument instead of actually helping anyone” and that pretty much hits this scene on the head).

Gumball eventually hacks into Carmen’s permanent record and uncovers a video of her being expelled from her former school, and attempts to upload it to the internet (effectively pulling receipts on her). Darwin makes the argument that Carmen doesn’t deserve that (she’s obviously become a better person since then) and she’s just trying to help Gumball by giving him constructive criticism. Darwin also points out that it doesn’t matter that she’s smug about it, her behavior isn’t anywhere near bad enough to warrant a retaliation attempt.

Carmen is a legitimately nice person and the only reason Gumball is even trying to argue with her is because she’s raising the expectations placed upon him, and Gumball (being self-centered and lazy) doesn’t want people to expect more from him.

The episode ends with Gumball realizing that yeah, Carmen doesn’t deserve that (cause even though he’s self-centered and lazy he’s a good person at his core) and accidentally uploading an embarrassing video of himself:

youtube.com/watch?v=lWo1pozqY8E

Not surprisingly, tumblr didn't take it too well
youtube.com/watch?v=otphPyhIjhU

>all those clips of them trying to stop people from seeing the video
jej

>w-we're hip with the kids look at this manufactured controversery about sjws
what a shitty attempt to get any kind of discussion going about a mediocre show

I gotta say it's starting to anger me that even when Gumball is in the right in like 99% of all the episodes he still gets fucked over in the end somehow. I get it's a childs cartoon and that you're supposed to laugh and Gumball is supposed to be funny but when does he ever actually score a victory?
>literally copying one of the responses from the twitter responds to gumball video
low quality bait

He got a girlfriend.
They don't really act like a couple, but it's there.
I still believe that they gave Gumball a girlfriend so that it can be an excuse for all the stupid gay shit he does.

Did you copy and paste this from tumblr
It reads like that unironically, the thread is for Gumball, not sure why you'd decide to break it down otherwise

Anyone have the thread when the SJW episode aired?

Also it's pretty hilarious how hung up people get over this kids comedy cartoon kek

Will take webm requests

I mean half and half user its not a hivemind

It was a shit episode that only redditors like because DUDE INTERNET LMAO. And no, Gumball was not "tumblr". It was the Carmen.

zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/164936423288/conspicuouslad-jheselbraum-spookyram

>literally posting tumblr posts
Sup Forums is fuckind dead

There's like four or five of those threads because people overreacted to a fucking joke.
Try searching the Desuarchive for them.

This. They had dabbing in an episode but nobody is complaining. Suddenly people are getting their shit in a bend because muh SJW controversy.

Nice try, tumblr. I know you're just butthurt.

>anyone who doesn't like it is Tumblr
Nope, not him but fuck off with the side taking bullshit. People seem to be sick and tired of Gumball doing meme shit, and they've been doing it for about 2-3 years now. There is a fucking good boy points episode.

Because dabding is normalfag shit

Fuck off to reddit

First reply meant for

it's a kids cartoon and kids use Sup Forums/reddit now what did you expect

I'm not reading/listening to all that shit.

>what did you expect
Good moments/jokes instead of "LOOK AT THIS REFERENCE LOL".

Gumball always does this though. The formula for most episodes where they have a major topic is gumball getting wrapped up in the issue one way or another and then at the end getting fucked over one way or the other.

>Gumball always does this though
S1 and S2 say hi

And SJW memes are common.

Is it okay for me to dislike The Best for being a signifigantly worse version of The Saint and a key example of the show's decline in quality since around the second VA swap?

No. Fuck you It was way worse than The Saint

>those mountains of butthurt

>pyon pton reference from daisy

>reddit spacing
>no capital letters
>youtube reaction pic
It feels like all the current Gumballfags are kids from reddit

Hey uh this show has other episodes outside of le SJW scene
Lets discuss those

The Best is much worse than The Saint, but personally I think The Saint is pretty top tier Gumball and is hard to top. I don't think it's really fair to compare the two in that sense, but I personally thought The Best was quite a good episode either way.
It made me laugh, and was one of the better episodes from the last 4. Of course, that speaks more to the quality of the last 4, but shit after that hiatus I'm just happy with more Gumball. I'm even growing more accustomed to the new VA, despite kind of hating it at first.

I was a bit late to the party, just caught up with the episodes today and haven't really been browsing Sup Forums much recently. Thought people would laugh and move on, like most episodes but here's a bunch of shitflinging

>The Saint is pretty top tier

>personally I think

thanks for proving my point reddit

Who wrote The Worst and what other episodes have they done?

Can we agree it was pretty bad lads? It felt like it was trying too hard to be funny, rehashed jokes that have been around forever, didn't do much for me at all

>It felt like it was trying too hard to be funny
The show in a nutshell

Bump

Any /ss/ in the show?

youtu.be/6MPVlC9ku3s

It was a mediocre episode, wasn't bad by any means, the only problem with it is that it triggered the fuck out of tumblr, and by extension, Sup Forumsmblr.

The Worst did? I thought that was The Best, or whichever one was with Carmen

>I didn't complete a single orbit before I was stripped of my Planet Status

Why is Planet banter so good?

You are fucking stupid

Amidst the recent apeshit, imma request one: the Wolf of Wall Street reference from The Worst.

>this meme again
See

Just ignore that shitposter

With or without subs?

:D

>uses a shit-ton memes
>doesn't get shat on
>took em all of this time to get this kind of reaction

>tfw 70% of the video is people complaining about butthurt as opposed to actual butthurt

>the SJW
Is OP using a metaphor or
>its the actual episode title
The absolute state of western animation

It's actually called The Best.

I couldn't recall the name so just referred to the scene people are sperging over
People knew what I meant I'm sure

it'd just be another shitty gumball episode nobody would bother to make 5 threads about if that were the case

Those threads were made by the same shitposter

>watched season 1 and 2 of this and loved it
>watch first ep of season 3 and it's complete shit
I stopped there. Should I pick it up again? If so where should I start?

Just watch The Origins (S4) and ignore everything else

Don't listen to him, the series does get better season after season.

The series does get worse season after season. S5 is the worst season

And the OP is said to be a shitposter.

>Quitting a Series you "loved" because of 1 episode
Kek, something tells me you're not quite being honest here.

A lot of people did it back in S3 because the new voice actors.

>show is nothing but rehashes and references now
>"it does get better"

Seriously, you are not really a fan if it is over something that small.

Didn't a lot of people leave due to the art change as well?

Well it was not just the voice actor. S3 Gumball was a different Gumball.

How different?

people in youtube comments want to be bullies so bad.

nu-PPG

Wow, so creative response. Did you copy and paste it?