Okay Sup Forums, explain yourselves

Why the fuck is this shit so popular!? I can name quite a few other Canadian crap toons with good theme songs and a couple of decent episodes... all of which literally nobody has HEARD OF.

>Why the fuck is this shit so popular
It isn't?

>all of which literally nobody has HEARD OF.

Why you holding out on us Double Dubs? Maybe you're a DOUBLE NIGGER.

Name them then.
Cybersix is stylish as fuck though.

It's like that Xavier show.. It was good, but all of a sudden it's getting posted everywhere again. It'll probably stop in a few months. These things happen as we remember things we liked and then stop when we forget about them again.

>Xavier
People like Xavier now just to piss Rick and Morty fans off, it went full meme
I don't think it will end so soon

It's virtually everywhere, man. It's one of the most popular "obscure" cartoons, if not THE most now.

Dunno about you but I rarely see someone talking about Cybersix, the last actual obscure cartoon Sup Forums was obsessed with was The Legend of Calamity Jane

You get Cybersix threads every so often here and it has been that way for a long time. I think OP is just new.

For me it's simply the animation quality. I attest that this is the most consistent high quality tv animation that has been made. 99% of all shots have clearly had a lot of thought and creativity put into it rather than just phoning it in.

>I can name quite a few other Canadian crap toons with good theme songs and a couple of decent episodes.

pls name one, i insist

hard mode: Canadian Writing and Direction

I have been on Sup Forums for almost a year and I have never seen a cybersix thread.

What's with Andy?

2nd season for hard mode

I have seen like, less than 15 threads about Cybersix since 2009

I really don't know what OP is talking about.

>Why the fuck is this shit so popular!?
Having a thread every now an then that reaches around 20 replies before dying is not exactly what i would consider popular.

That intro sucks ass.

It's better than the first one IMO. Especially the instrumental.

I wouldn't say it's popular, but it stands out. It's one of the OG Sup Forums media that looks like anime but was produce in the west.

It looks like anime, but it's not written like anime!

The ideal combination, then.

I'd argue that this show is more anime than it is Canadian. This speaking as a leaf.

Because the comic it's based on is pretty banging, but we don't have an english translation of the entire series, because of reasons.

I like it but given the current climate of things, this feels like something that would be a huge SJW flag for them.

It's not. It's not even based on a manga, user.

Japanese visual production though. But then it is based on an Argentine graphic novel, so you do have a point.

Its amazing how the character design just works with a costume that is essentially all black. Red inside the cape, and light blue representing reflections off the black.

It's as much Japanese as half of LOK Book 2 is, for example. The actual writers are clearly Canadian, or at least not Japanese.

I have the original comics (no, cybersix is not a children's comic)

Actually it looks more like the comicbook it was based on from Argentina.

All I'm saying is that it always felt like anime to me as a kid and it still kind of does despited knowing its origins.
Hell, it keeps getting mentioned on ANN and the DVDs are put out by an anime company. That's pretty Sup Forums to me.