So why in the hell was he taken? They can't say it is because he is too smart...

So why in the hell was he taken? They can't say it is because he is too smart, if so then they should explain why people like Bruce and Luthor are still around
Also, what do you guys think they'll gonna do with him after his return? Batwoman foreshadowed bad Tim in the future

Oz is a jasonfag

I hope to fuck they give him a new mantle/costume because Red Robin is a garbage name and gives him no role outside of back up sidekick

Greatest detective push. But urs obv future Tim s replacing Tim and become a batman later. Loop.

I honestly fear that now, with Jason "cured", he is going to become the next bad robin, like he will somehow become the next Owlman (since the fascist batman thing in Batwoman) or something like that, even if nothing has happened to make him turn heel (yet)

Well, looks like they are going to meet

tim is a better detective than batman he would have put it together about manhattan.

Does any fan actually care about Tim? Like there's thread after thread of Dick, Jason and Damien love and hate, but besides the occasional mention or trolling, Tim is nonexistent.

both of them stay on cbr

Sup Forums hates Tim so I think a lot of the Timfags fucked off
He has some fans on other websites though, CBR and Reddit from what I've seen

This honestly, he never graduated from being a robin

He was my favorite Robin before I found out about modern Jason

God Arkham Tim was an ugly fuck.

>Owlman

The correspondent of the current earth should be Talon (if we are to belive the pattern in which the old robin takes a no longer used name of an old hero/villian such as Nightwing and Red Hood)

Have you anons got any ideas on what Tim's new mantle should be?

Duck Detective!

Red-X mainly because I've wanted that name in the DCU proper since I was a kid.

Well, it's got the bird theme down

Dr Midnite III

He was taken because he is too smart. Smarter than everyone and would have figured it all out or something dumb like that.

>tfw too intelligent too be in the DCU

lex is the smartest person in dcu though and bruce is 2, but bruce is too busy dealing with metal

If Manhattan's goal was to stop Batman being batman (keeping Flashpoint-verse alive long enough for him to see his father/want to marry Selina) Zor-els goal was to keep the heroes motivated. Tim is best boy so Batman would have to solve the mystery?

Now zor els goal is to stop them as well. He separated his son so he wouldn't go after Manhattan and he kidnapped tim so he wouldn't figure out the time fuckery

I'm a huge Timfag, but he's been awful since the nu52, so there really hasn't been anything worthwhile to discuss for the past 6 years. Most people on Sup Forums only startes reading comics after the nu52, so everytime Tim is mentioned, the general response is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Even if the thread haf absolutely nothing to do with comparing Robins. So there's just no point in the discussion.

I actually really liked that costume once he refined it. I miss it.

Me too, user. I just want his costume to have a cowl again.

Didnt his future self that was in the BEyond timeline get abducted as well? Do we know if it's related to this Tim's abduction?

It's pre-n52 Conner and he just wants to have his bud near by

The Gray Ghost.

Because it's nice and Detective-ey, and it's a pretty unused bit of Bat-Mythos that would be well served by giving it to Tim. Remember that Dick stole Nightwing from the Superman mythos.

He'd be the FOURTH Doctor Midnite, and he isn't a Doctor. Let Pieter have it.

I like The Gray Ghost, it sounds cool and gives Tim his own god damn color rather than having to share red with Jason

This!

Smart enough to warrant taking, but not popular enough to be missed by anyone

I gotta be honest I don't actually miss Tim. Everyone seems fine without him. Hell the family got better and has spent more time without him than when he was hear. Jason and Damian have a fun relationship. Dick and Damian are great. Jason and Dick are trying. Tim is so fucking irrelevant

There were, but it's few and far between right now. He's been fucking garbage after Flashpoint and pretty much gutted as a character. You'd have to go pretty far back to read anything with him in it that's even remotely worthwhile, and since most people here aren't exactly long time readers, most of their exposure to him has been pretty bad, especially when compared to Dick, Jason and Damian.

It also doesn't help that a lot of people are cartoonfags/secondaries, and everything that Tim did have going for him they pretty much gave to Dick in the cartoons, again leaving Tim as a non-character/placeholder.

He went from a solid B/B+ seller on his own back in the 90s-00s to essentially a non-entity. It's actually pretty impressive how far he's fallen as a character.

It's better because the writers have gone out of their way to poach details and invent reasons for the characters to hang out. They could have done that at any time without needing an excuse.

This. Everything seems great without hi, so why should we care?

Was Tim's death not the excuse?

Actually not a bad idea

Tim is (supposed to be) smarter than Bruce, but I have no idea if that's still the case with Nu52 onward.

This is the hardest part as a Tim fan. We're told he's important and so are his bonds, but nothing gets shown. He doesnt have bonds except with Steph, Bruce and Jason, and I guess Harper. Bruce mourned and Steph became a moron, but Jason is too busy fawning over Mary Sue Grayson to care. Dick only gives a shit about Damian.

Nobody seems to care about Tim because lazy writers cant be bothered.

He still crushes the other secondary characters in solo longevity. It makes DC's treatment of him all the more baffling, like they have some kind of pride preventing them walking back their fuck-ups in a few specific areas.
The point is those are things the characters should be doing anyway. An excuse isn't needed for family members to hang out.

It really doesn't help that the rest of Young Justice got equally flushed by the New52.

Dick and Tim used to have a really strong relationship, but now it's like they barely know each other. He was also Bruce's partner for a good long while, but in Nu52 he wasn't ever even a Robin. He really is irrelevant as fuck and has been for years, when he used to be a Batfamily mainstay for decades.

That's what I mean when I say it's impressive how far he's fallen. He was the first Robin to have a solo, both with a series of minis and an ongoing, and his ongoing sold well for nearly 200 issues. He's been a headliner for a long ass time and his sales numbers were better than Dick's ever were, but now it's like they're going out of their way to make him the least worthwhile Robin.

It really does feel like the entire YJ generation has been dicked over. I think it's just more noticeable with Tim because he used to be such a popular, well selling character on his own.

> Mary Sue Grayson

So Timfans have finally turned their hatred on Dick?

No surprise. Jason is currently the better character.

It was only a matter of time
Once Dick replaced Tim with Damian they had no reason to like him

Probably because Tynion wanted him out of TEC and to set up some shit with Steph.

They hate all other robins at this point.

I don't think he actually wanted him out, I think he just wanted to write the return of Tim arc so bad that he needed a reason for it to happen. He's said many times that Tim is one of his favorite characters.

But TEC is so much better without Steph and Tim in it.

I hope that when they explain it they bring up what a fucking mess New 52 made of his backstory.

That's true but he wouldn't be the first writer to be shitty at writing characters they love. See also: Simone and Babs.

Tim was a mistake. Hopefully he gets erased from the canon altogether.

Nice meme, Simone wrote Batgirl well enough.

>inb4 the fucking tranny

Buzzcut Tim looks disgusting. Give me a Tim drawn by Marcus To.

Just because she wrote a better one than Burnside doesn't mean it was actually good. It was the worst Batgirl had been in years.

That wasn't my argument. Everything is better than Burnside. I just think people get too far up their own ass talking about how bad Simone's run was, when it wasn't bad at all. Shit, her arc in Death of the Family was the sole redeeming material in that event. It wasn't Simone's fault that n52 had a fetish for crossover issues every other week, which kept writers from telling coherent stories.

Anytime I scratch the surface of this argument, the root is always that people either prefer Cass as Batgirl, or prefer Babs as Oracle (which Simone also wrote well). I'm not saying the shit was Eisner material, but it's not bad at all.

It was more than just that. The narration was obnoxious. The only reason it isn't memed on more than people already do is because people dropped it like a rock and in general don't care as much about whatever's going on in that book as much as they do the main Batman title. For as much as people shit on Snyder's wikipedia-dump narration, Simone's Batgirl was even more obnoxious about over-explaining things in the ol' thought squares. Also I think it's extremely telling that your only defense of the book is just "oh come on, it's not THAT bad" or "just because it's not as good as [insert mediocre books here] doesn't mean it's bad." Even if we were to accept that extremely flimsy premise, being a middle-of-the-road book when Simone's capable of legitimately quality material is damning enough for me.

Who cares if it's damning for you?

>So why in the hell was he taken?
Buttsex

Tim is the best Robin and what they've done with him the past 10 years is the reason I've stopped reading the DC comics

Are Timfags the only Robinfags that hate all other Robins? Like Dickfags and Hoodfags still like the other Robins just less. Even Damifag likes Dick well enough.

The other characters aren't being actively sabotaged for no clear reason, so why would they be mad?

Femto

I'm a hardcore Timfag that also loves Jason
just hate Dick, Damian and Duke
just think my favorite Robin has been written horribly since Johns got his grubby hands on him

he's been awful since Johns' Teen Titans ruined everything Dixon and PAD did

2 many robins!

I like Tim and Jason both, and I'm okay with Damian sometimes. I've never liked Dick, and that has nothing to do with liking Tim. I've disliked Dick since before Tim even existed.

Also, . Fans of Dick, Jason and Damian all have something going for them, both during Nu52 and Rebirth. I can see some things being less than ideal for some, but overall it's not bad being a fan of any of those three. With Tim, it feels like they're actively trying to write him out of the Bat-family on top of sabotaging him as a character, for no discernable reason. The bitterness is understandable, and the fact that shitting on Tim just because he's Tim has been a meme on Sup Forums for years now isn't going to help.

I think you can say this about all of the YJ kids. Johns' TT was trash.

Johns is trash

I'm out of the scene right now but someone please tell me what comic is everyone talking about here. Seems interestin.

I'm a big YJ fag but it's become harder and harder to care about him with his backstory fucked, his place in the Batfamily in limbo since Damian and Duke came along and since Dick and Jason have been pushed so much lately, all his friends dead or AWOL or also dropped like hot potatoes and him being missing for the past few months. DC's shat all over him and it's no surprise that no one cares about him anymore.

Hopefully we'll get a YJ revival with him being older and more bitter and jaded and gay with Kon

The Owl (name that is part of the Batman mythos but still in use by the court) or Talon (no longer used thanks to Raptor)
I too think that Tim is going to turn bad even in the main timeline like already said in this thread

I think you user found the perfect name, and it would give to Tim his own recognition color

Bruce -Black
Dick - Blue
Jason - Red
Damian - Green
Babs - Purple

Tim fans like Jason. Only his reddit fans seem to have a mad hatred towards him for some reason.

>Dick only gives a shit about Damian
Didn't he tell Jason that if he needs a big help, he is ready to bring the whole titans to help?

the Titans are literately useless though, if anything they'd make more obstacles

I think you are both right

Yes, he also was willing to wear the dumb costume Jason prepared for him. This alone prove that he cares a lot.

Useless or not (which I definitely agree that they are) the point is that Dick told Jason that not only he is willing to help, he also ready to bring his whole team if Jason needs it.

The color thing is actually canon, Batman uses it to discern the traits of his sidekicks

I think Damian's leadership is better desu
And i like Dick more

>TEC is so much better without Steph
I agree with this. She is really annoying.

Tim is fine, the thing that is better without is the "muh tim" because no matter how hard Tynion try, I still not convinced that Batman is sad about him.

They both equally sucks at being leader.

Snyder is really the worst thing to happen to Batman. When he will freak off already?

Soon. Once Dolye leaves Batman, he will not have much of influence on the Batman books anymore.

I think Tim would fit in that costume

>spoiler

Well, the superman mythos basically said that a "Batman" and a "Superman" already existed in Krypton

Damian is slowly destroying TT. He is actually worse.

Sorry, meant to answer this

Who was the villian btw? I stopped reading at the second or third issue, is it worthy to catch up?

The fuck is wrong with that art?

Not bad. His current costume is seriously embarrassing and they needs a new color for him since red will always be more of Jason's color.

I think it's because Tim really does have so little staying power. He doesn't really have an "Edge" of his own like the rest do.

Dick is the original and the one portrayed in most non-comics media as the definitive Robin.
Jason is one of Bruce's biggest failures, the Robin that died, and the one that broke the Bat Family's "No kill" rule.
Damian is Bruce's biological son.

They all have a very clearly defined shtick.

But what is Tim's thing?
He's like...A good detective. Or something.

I have stopped reading it, because it seriously boring book.

The only thing I know is that the first ally trun out to be Alfred which I don't understand why Snyder was all secretive about.

>one of Bruce's biggest failures
I cringe everyone I see because people always misunderstood the meaning of it.

*everytime I see it

Tell me about it. The original meaning of this phrase is that Bruce consider not saving Jason from is his BIGGEST FAILURE, not that Jason was a failure.

Tim is the definitive Robin now that Dick's his own man. Damian's schtick is that he's the true heir and will eventually be Batman. Unfortunately that gives Tim nothing to do while Damian's putting in his time as Robin.

"Bad Robin" is not the same as "Bruce biggest failure" tho. Bruce blame himself for Robin's death, which is why he think it's his biggest failure.

What you meant is how people always treat Jason as the bad robin who deserved to die.
Pic related, the boy that readers killed.

>"Bad Robin" is not the same as "Bruce biggest failure" tho. Bruce blame himself for Robin's death, which is why he think it's his biggest failure
I know that. What I mean that they are literally people who wrongly believes that Batman meant that Jason is a failure.

Basically what this guy said