Turning the Thing's catchphrase into what he heard before getting physically abused by his brother as a kid

>turning the Thing's catchphrase into what he heard before getting physically abused by his brother as a kid
Would anyone care to attempt to justify this bullshit to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_gu4pfFeLQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yesterday's pain becomes today's courage.

You say that as if anybody liked it at all

No.
>Reed has the ability to stretch his skin color to disguise himself
Hes not fucking Plastic Man, Trank

I feel like it's supposed to be tragic, but I laughed so hard.

Oh I know this scene is universally despised. But I still wonder why. I'd like to know what was going through the writer's head, at least.

>I need to give this iconic thing an origin
>I need to make it tragic
>????
>Child Abuse

That pretty much. Trying to give it meaning but turns out that's difficult when you're a hack.

I remember hearing something about how after they were done the movie Trank said something like "This will be the greatest super hero movie of all time" and one of the actors was just like "No.. I don't think so."

So did Johnny's parents use to say "Flame on!" before setting him on fire?

Yes. And Doom's dad was yelling. "BOW BEFORE DOOM" while he raped him obviously.

Obligatory 'IT WAS ME BARRY'

What even was the point of Sue in the movie?
She was the most useless character and if you cut her scenes out entirely no one would probably notice.

Sounds like he's simply taking a phrase closely associated with his own personal abuse and turning it into something more positive. I see no problem with that.

Kate Mara turns the whole thing from 1/10 into a 3/10

just like the early days

given when 'It's clobberin' time' is normally deliveredm it feels like a more reasonable origin (if you had to give it one) would have been something like Johnny throughout the moving having a problem with trying to fix things by hitting it or just abusing the tech and Ben correcting him saying something like "does it look like it's clobberin' time, johnny? No, we need to think to fix this"

And so, when he finally would say "it's clobberin' time!' as the Thing, he'd basically be saying 'now's the time for action!'

Best part is, her and Ben never share a single line of dialogue with one another
Fuck off, Trank. Stop trying to justifying a pointless explanation to something that didn't need backstory

It's always strange and a little depressing when you think some random ass user could write better movies than the people that have.

>OP asks people to justify it
>Hurrr stop trying to justifying it!

?

Whedon...oh how the mighty have fallen?

i do not want to know the reasoning for
>RICHARDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Blackwashed human torch. Didn't even bother to pirate it. I don't download wet shit.

huh, really that whedon-esque, huh?

Now I guess I feel a little bad.

does that mean you download dry shit?

>implying I would write a better Fantastic Four movie

Dude, if Fox asked me to make a Fantastic Four movie, I'd just make a movie version of Fantastic Four versus Magneto.

Complete with replacing Johnny with that annoying robot and embracing the silliness and camp for all it's worth.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_gu4pfFeLQ

How long until this movie develops a fanbase of people defending it out of contrarian spite for the hatred it got

I kinda like it. It's clear much of the problems with the finished movie come from executive meddling and reshoots. The first half of the movie is pretty good, and does the exploration thing well. Problems only start once they start forcing it to be generic capeshit movie.

Not enough biblical references and cult surrounding the director for that to happen.

whenever the next F4 movie comes out

Better yet: ignore the F4 and focus on the real main character

What's his catchphrase?

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME

Doomniggers get out and take your subhuman villain with you.

>The first half of the movie is pretty good

I've heard that a few times, and I still don't buy it. It's like someone trying to do a Spielberg movie, but their only point of reference is a korean dub of Close Encounters. It has the general beats but misses all the nuance.

>and does the exploration thing well

They never seem like friends or even co-workers who like each other. I don't buy anything about their relationships at all, even Reed/Sue which probably has the best setup in the film.

>Takes out a stud and puts it on his dick
>Pins young Ben to the ground and pulls his pants down
"THING RING, DO YOUR THING"

IT'S SLOBBERIN' TIME!

My brother used to hit me. Always thought that was normal behavior for kids?

Let's do that for other characters.
>"to me my X-man" is a line Moira McTaggert kept telling Xavier because she doesn't consider a cripple who can't get an erection anymore to be a man.

>he can throw a tank so hard it atomizes

GODDAMNIT, SHAKE. I TOLD YOU NOT TO ABUSE THE CLONER.

Tranks shit directing isn't at fault for the shit special effects though. Unless not catching that mistake pins all the blame on him.

does that make him less or more awesome?

I'M GONNA FUCK YOU IN THE ASS!
Dad was a dick back in the day.

Are you saying he's not stretchy enough?

Isn't that in the ultimates fantastic four? Not sure

I think he meant the whole movie, not just the one scene.

I can't remember a single thing i liked when i saw it.

Or they could just use the actual reason for it: he's Ben Grimm, and 'clobberin' is the kind of thing he'd say.

The time of clobbering is upon us

BEND OVER SUE AND TAKE MY FIN FANG FART

>Do you know who wet your bed, Eobard?
>N-no daddy...
>IT WAS ME EOBARD! I WET YOUR BED!

DADDY LOVES YOU BENJY

The moment for violence is now.

Others in this thread have already pointed out that Trank was trying to find ways to make silver-age campy tropes modern and realistic, but it's also worth noting that he was trying to take the movie in a body-horror direction as well. Problem is that the studio cut most of that out of the movie in post-production, so shit like that which was originally supposed to add an extra feeling of malaise to complement the body horror stuff suddenly sticks out like a sore thumb.

Im saying Reed has yet to turn into a fully functioning bicycle

Either way, it's stupid.

IT'S GOOFY TIME

I wish more movies would go that direction
>"Up, up and away" slurred Pa Kent drunkenly as he delivered a brutal uppercut at Martha

I wish I could gain super powers and make my catchphrase based around childhood trauma.

"Spread'em, fag!" Every time I bust into a room to save the day.

Martha?

I actually like his design, and that he was a rock in the beginning.