What does Sup Forums think about them as Green Lanterns? And about their book in general?

What does Sup Forums think about them as Green Lanterns? And about their book in general?

Everything from how great the characters to how great Humphries was has been the biggest surprise of Rebirth. I know people are sick of all these Earth GLs but you can't argue that they manage to be entertaining.

Simon's pretty good, surprisingly
Jessica needs more to her, she's got an interesting template but she needs some personal depth beyond "nervous woman"
All in all it's a good buddy cop setup

I think Simon and Jess should get married.

The Hal and pals book need a better writer.
They(writers) need to try more creative/insane ways to use the constructs, nothing is impossible if you have the willpower yeah?

They're great. If someone told me a year ago I'd be looking forward to Humphries next DC project after GLs was my favorite book of Rebirth, I'd be mouth agape.

I agree. I didn't like Simon back when he was introduced so I was loathing the idea of a book centered on him, but at least Jessica was cute.
Now he's quickly becoming one of my favorite Lanterns and has a really fun personality and well written conflicts when it would be easy to just write him as a one note victim of prejudice, while Jessica has stagnated as a character.

Also, the Simon & Jess book is great. Proves how good writing/characterization is better than "here's a minority please praise us" style of writing.

I like it but I can't help but wonder how the adventures of fugitive car thief Simon and paranoid survivalist power ring Jessica would've turn out.

''pals''
KEK

He's still kinda dull alone, but he bounces off Jessica well.

;^)

Hal is the best lantern

Don't start this shit, user. 2bh Hal is best girl

All green lanterns are great, fight me irl

>John WE WUZ MARINES Stewart
>Kyle
>great green lanterns
wew lad

I want to have sex with Jessica.

Barry pls

Kyle is the best, Halfags should kill themselves

Kyle and Hal are pretty alike though

they are Eskimo bros, that's a bond until the end of time

Green lanterns are dumb battlescene fodder.

Also they are ridiculously undermanned for their supposed role of policing the cosmos.

>they're eskimo bros
So is Hal and John.
And Hal and Guy.

Everyone fucks everyone in comics, because cape writers are just shitty soap opera writer wannabes and the settings never end (at most they just 'reboot').

So does that make Kyle, Guy, and John Eskimo stepbrothers?

It means Hal is a slut.

I gonna start calling the earth lanterns the eskimo bros.

Hey he can't be held responsible for his actions, he's mentally retarded

>Eskimo bros
Oh, they're close than that

*closer

Eskimo brothers is when you've both had sex with the same girl / same 'hole' like climbing inside an igloo.

Is there a further refined term for two bros who have both plunged into that same hole... at the same time?

Patrice O'Neal would call that gay

Was the shit comicbool until John's came along and made it relevant.

Seriously besides for the Alan Moore short stories has there ever been a good Green lantern comic preJohns or precrisis?

Don't give me the ONeil era as an example either. He was a good writer but his GL series was hammy, preachy and outdated as fuck.

The only issue I have is too many green lanterns. Divide them into two earths. Make a multiverse Green lantern corps

>Johns
>good
0__o

*fucks you Carol*
Heh nothing personal Hal

I don't like Johns that much but you cannot deny he made GL into an A-lister seller. Not my fault DC writers fucked up after he left

Rebirth made me like them and their book is really enjoyable.

I truly hope that Seeley doesn't screw them over when he start writing the book.

I like them and their book. Hope seeley is as good. And i wonder whwre hunphries is going

I wouldn't say jessica has stagnated exactly. She has developed slowly and has taken charge in the latest arc with training the first 7

Jessica is a good character and I'm glad she exists

Humphries turned Simon into Guy 2 and he feels more redundant than ever

The GLs book is pretty mediocre and I dropped it ages ago

I want Venditti to leave

Is Seeley leaving Nightwing then?

Not yet. There's a Birds of Prey crossover coming, and a "Dick the Barbarian" arc he hyped up.

He's an actually likable Guy.

GL has always been a Riddler like situation. No GL writer except for Moore had any sort of imagination.

There was Dematteis' willworld as well, which was a good one.

>"Dick the Barbarian" arc he hyped up.
This was just a joke, user.

It made me miss hal

Those two needs to be in a different corp

I like GLs. It's not great, but good enough for me to buy it.

What Corp you think would fit them best? I can think of Yellow for Jessica, but I think Baz fits the Green corps pretty well.

In a gay way

Are the geoff johns omnibuses worth it? I really want to get them but I've heard bad thins about the binding.

Emerald sight bs and magic talking ring bs. Seriously? Jessica is original Green Lantern teacher and her teaching ultimately taught the likes of Sinestro, Hal and etc? Biggest bs of them all.

Nah Green fits perfect for jessica, she has to overcome the fear of her axiety every day

If GL rings existed and could do what the comics say they can, realistically you'd only need a a few dozen at most for the galaxy

>everyone fucks everyone in comics
Martian Manhunter isn't getting any unless you assume he hooks in female form.

>He's an actually likable Guy.
which makes him less interesting in every way.

Am I the only one who wishes current Jessica still had the evil power ring?
It would've been so interesting to see her constantly fighting something that it's slowly killing her so she can use its power to save lives. Also scenes where she argues with the evil entity that lies in it could have been pretty fun.
I don't know, it just feels like a huge missed opportunity.

Her Teaching sucks though, she even admits it.

That's more on Carol's fault to be honest. She's a bitch.

It is good. They make mistakes but they aren't complete fuck ups. Few books manage to keep that balance. Too many make them either complete fuck ups or better than the originals with no god damned build up.

This. Was a huge misstep. She should have just been Power ring, with Simon assigned by Stewart to look out for her and make her an "honorary Lantern"

Could have made becoming a GL character development if they wanted to.

best book in Rebirth, and the only one I actually look forward to each week other than RHATO and the Young Animal books.

it's not better than New Super-Man or Green Arrow though

I'm glad that's done that got old quick.

once the novelty of the really good art wore off, I realized Green Arrow wasn't actually entertaining me with its storytelling

I'm always taken aback at how gay this is. Doesn't help that in the middle of the story Hal is doing the same thing with Carol.

Can someone tell me what's so great about Green Arrow? I tried to get into it, but outside of GA himself most the characters annoyed me and the story just bored me.