Why are there no romance cartoons?

Why are there no romance cartoons?

bECAUSE ROMANCE WITHOUT A PLOT IS SHIT

That's so nice of her to chew his food for him.

Because anime exist.

Ussually they make cartoons for children, and romance is done badly.

That's fucking bullshit, not romance

so is the animu OP posted, though

Any western cartoon for kids that explicitly marketed itself as heterosexual romance, would probably get attacked by critics. That's why most girl-cartoons hide lots of romance subplots behind some other more prominent genre (super-heroine crime-fighter, magic girl, etc). Writers know that most girls like romance, but are reluctant to put romance front-and-center.

Sort of, yeah. I'd say that Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun is a comedy, not romance; but only because the protagonist doesn't make any progress with her love life beyond befriending her crush. Episode 1 starts things off, implying that it will be a normal shoujo-romance anime; but that's just comedic misdirection. However, there is such thing as romantic-comedy in and out of anime. Not all romance needs to be serious drama.

Regardless of whether it's romantic comedy or romantic drama, there are a lot more romance animes than romance cartoons for some reason.

>implying romance isn't the plot

Cartoons are for children
Anime is for manchildren

This should explain it

Perhaps the reason for the autistic children growing up with no insight of nuanced human relationship are being lonely turds.

What are some romances that were executed effectively in cartoons? I can't really think of anything recent that didn't end up overtaking the plot in some part.

Because cartoons are aimed at children and children don't care about romance.

The later half of the Ouran High School Host Club manga proved that once a parody comedy such as Ouran goes straight shoujo romance, the quality steps down and it becomes yet another cliche romance story.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Star vs Evil is a magical-girl cartoon with a romance sub-plot the fans seem to care about more than the Good vs Evil main-plot.

There used to be romance comics long ago... some of them done by Simon and Kirby... and they were weird as fuck.

Most writers are kissless antisocial dorks.
When they try to write romance it's always clunky one sided wish fulfillment.
Always puppy love with no real journey for the characters.
It's always female focused, even if you're trying to tell the story from the male prospective the female's emotions are treated with more emphasis.
Also most kids don't care about that shit. If it gets shoe horned into a show kid just accept it because they're not really paying attention most of the time anyway.

I just want a comfy show of two lovers meeting one another and working through their differences to be with each other. Much like Tsurezure Children.

When a short depicting two gay boy characters falling in love, it's considered a triumph but a hetero one can't...

This show wouldn't be anywhere, were it not for the relationship drama.

> pose vague arbitrary query
> claim general responses too vague
> claim specific responses to be cherry picking
> claim all other answers to be inadequate

> since the dawn of fucking time
> 2017
> Sup Forums still falls for it

Dunno, Marco seems to be a hackey plot device to anchor Star. I wonder if the back lore would be as interesting if it wasn't for the relationship drama to draw in the audience. Gravity Falls did it.

I hope you've watched Tsuki ga Kirei my nigga. Really tickles the penis in your heart.

Romance is sexist!