You downloaded your actual consciousness

>You downloaded your actual consciousness
>actual consciousness
Why does Marvel think that's a thing with characteristics that make it somehow different from a "simulation?"

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/9907009v2.pdf
independent.co.uk/news/science/human-brains-can-hold-10-times-more-information-than-thought-equivalent-to-the-entire-internet-a6827996.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I really want Iron Man in my big event comic about evil Captain America
>well shit Bendis put him a coma
>I know, I'll just put an art note to color him blue and pretend he's an AI hologram, but I'm going to treat him exactly like regular Tony
>even put him in a hoodie because that makes sense!

>It's another why is Marvel being retarded thread
If you don't know now you never will

Wow that page.

copies have mistakes in them, like a clone does. A close is not the original person. If Tony downloaded his full brain state he is not a clone but is the origional.

How about you learn some actual science before you bitch about Marvel science

>How about you learn some actual science before you bitch about Marvel science

When did uploading your brain into a suit of armor became actual science?

Isn't this what Arnim Zola did ages and ages ago?

It's not exactly punching causality so hard that it does a hard reset, or singing the God of Tyranny out of existence....

I didn't know downloading your consciousness was actual science

>copies have mistakes in them
Are you seriously trying to use a definition of "copy" where the result is always mistaken? When you copy text on your PC, do you get back random new mistake characters after pasting?

Someone needs to translate this page for the resident DCfriends.

> punching causality so hard that it does a hard reset, or singing the God of Tyranny out of existence
Both of those plot points made more sense than the idea there's a difference between "simulation" vs. "actual consciousness."

>copies have mistakes
And downloads are sometime corrupted

Its a digitized clone. Honestly if transhumanism where you can download your personality and consciousness to virtuality is already a thing in the Marvel world, why isn't everyone doing it? Your lifespan would increase exponentially because you would keep existing as long as your data in the virtual world doesn't get corrupted. Somebody destroys your body? No problem, your consciousness is still in the virtual world, so simply upload it into a new proxy body. Replacing humanity would be super-easy after every crossover event where huge amounts of people die.

not if you use the quantum teleportation method. In that case the state is perfectly preserved.
a brain is infinitely more complex

>Its a digitized clone
How is that different from a simulation? If you make a simulation and it isn't "mistaken" like that other user tried to introduce as a distinction, then it would be the same thing as "actual consciousness."

>a brain is infinitely more complex
Something being more complex doesn't make the concept of copying magically start necessarily implying mistakes.

quantum mechanics only allows one way of having a perfect copy, and that destroys the original. The uncertainty principle will mean there will be errors in any other type of copy. However, I am not a neuroscientist so I don't know how important that quantum information is in the brain. I'm pretty sure the spin of specific electrons doesn't have to be conserved for your thought to be the same. But the brain does function in more than just neurons being on off switches, it encodes on in the speed of firing and the strength, so there is some dynamic encoding

None of that is right. Human brains operate on the scale of classical physics.
arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/9907009v2.pdf
>We find that the decoherence timescale s ( ∼ 10 −13 − 10 −20 seconds) are typically much shorter than the relevant dynamical timescales ( ∼ 10 − 3 − 10 − 1 seconds), both for regular neuron firing and for kink-like polarization excitations in microtubules. This conclusion disagrees with suggestions by Penrose and others that the brain acts as a quantum computer, and that quantum coherence is related to consciousness in a fundamental way.
You are only allowed to honestly believe in "quantum consciousness" if you also believe consciousness has NOTHING to do with neuronal firing, because Tegmark established they will fire exactly the same way as predicted by classical physics regardless of any quantum effects that happens in proximity to them. The timescales for decoherence aren't anywhere near long enough to let them influence neuronal firing.

I said that it's unknown yet if there is any quantum mechanical storage in the brain, which it isn't. You just pointed out one way in which the quantum computing is ruled out, there are many other ways for it to have an impact on thinking. though, I am one that thinks that a quantum brain fails to preserve free will.

I was talking about how synapses encode information and that they are much more dynamic than previously though.
>"Our data suggests there are 10 times more discrete sizes of synapses than previously thought," said Tom Bartol, a Salk staff scientist who worked on the study. “In computer terms, 26 sizes of synapses correspond to about 4.7 ‘bits’ of information. Previously, it was thought that the brain was capable of just one to two bits for short and long memory storage in the hippocampus.”
independent.co.uk/news/science/human-brains-can-hold-10-times-more-information-than-thought-equivalent-to-the-entire-internet-a6827996.html

it could be entirely classical physics but it's unknown yet. Quantum biology is popping up in the weirdest of places, for example photosythesis uses quantum mechanics in order to produce more energy.

I want to know why AI Tony seemingly remembers what he said in The Confession when he deleted his brain/memories. Was this upload from a time before he deleted it? CW2 and SE made it seem as if the upload happened just recently.

How does it work out that a scientific community that has conquered space travel, time travel, dimension travel, life-like robotic decoys, artificial intelligence, particle physics, and cloning among other things, CAN'T quite seem to crack the code when it comes to holograms being only one color?

Souls are canon in Marvel though, they have to say that his soul was downloaded not just his brain or it's not him.

because Star Wars is so ridiculously ingrained in sci-fi pop culture

ah shit, yeah. That completely throws everything out the window. So...clones have souls, but has it ever been shown that a sythazoid or other machine has a soul? Does Warlock have a soul?

>The uncertainty principle will mean there will be errors in any other type of copy.

Thats just a problem of solving how to transfer consciousness into a digital form and back. By the time your personality is just a bunch of conscious information, the way your brain and learning works is vastly different from how brains do things. When you can ditch your biological body and survive, you also ditch its mechanics and its pitfalls.

Real problem is time itself and how eventually any and all information in the world erodes and changes in time so the data of you today can be vastly different from a data of you 2000 years to the future. You're basically a whole another different person by then, or your data is corrupted to a point you're malfunctioning and not able to have a consciousness anymore. Or you might get lucky and the only corruption so far in your information is a change of hair color.

Souls are real in their universe, user. And you can actually copy them and/or transfer the original because because losses during transfer don't exist either - neither for energy, nore for data.

Because most humanoids don't have souls or a consciousness to begin with. You gotta be at least an immortal reality-bender to get either of those.

Honestly, it really pissed me off that Bendis did that.

Tony vs Steve gets my dick hard like nothing else, and he kneecapped it before it could even begin.

Is there any particular reason A.I. Tony's using old armors?

But the point is if you can download your own personality somewhere, you can always make yourself a humanoid body and then occupy it. And the best thing is even if that body "dies", your personality remains safe.

to make riri look cooler

no, it means you CAN NOT know the precise value of all information, it is literally impossible. the information is there but you can not know it all.

I get your second point though, as soon as you transfer (if you could) an exact copy of your brain it would work differently unless you use the same information processing. But since the input from a hologram would be different it would interact with the brain differently and you would rapidly begin to change. But we change constantly anyway so that's a non-issue I woould think

>But we change constantly anyway so that's a non-issue I woould think

Its not if immortality is something we're talking about, because with change comes corruption of your information. So even if we would figure out such technology (and subsequently finally be able to space travel thanks to the fact we can live for thousands of years) and it makes us live at least 10 times longer than now, death is still inevitable at some point because eventually your information is too overwritten and defragmented to work properly, you just become noise in the system.