ITT: JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson-tier casting

ITT: JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson-tier casting.

This.

Would work better if he wore the mask more often.

>JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson-tier casting.
JK Simmons as commissioner Gordon
JK Simmons as batman
JK Simmons as spiderman
JK Simmons as literally anyone
JK Simmons is a fucking badass

I think Marsden was a pretty good cyclops that was underutilized.

JK Simmons as Gordon is awful casting. I feel they did that just so he couldn't be in a Marvel movie.

Bryan Cranston is the only actor alive right now that should play Gordon.

Never understood why stars who are already A-List are so insistent that they show their face for as much time as possible, even if it is to the detriment of their character.

I agree. He has the right build and the right face, and is good actor. Unfortunately, those scripts were so insistent on pushing Wolverine to the detriment of everyone else that he got sidelined very quickly.

I laughed when Jean vaporized him in X3. It was so obvious that they had been wanting to drop a bridge on him for years,
but they did it in the cruelest way possible.

Id bet ben affleck would do the whole movie in the cowl if he could get away with it

I'm not sure I follow, what were the signs?

If you haven't, you should see Batman: Year One. Cranston was a fantastic Gordon.

Which is kind of a shame, because he's a really good Bruce Wayne too. Just that right amount of smug and world weariness while still carrying the affect of being a disillusioned playboy.

You can't have masked superheroes nowadays. Actually, I don't really like that mask.
Egos, prolly

>JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson-tier casting
That's a short list.

>Christopher Reeve as Superman
>RDJ as Iron Man
>Michael Chiklis as The Thing
>The clown guy in Spawn

Those are the only others that can compare. Everything else could have been improved upon. I'll give an Honorable Mention to Willem Dafoe for his Green Goblin.

John Leguizamo really was pretty great as the Clown. You know he walked on his knees for that entire shoot?

him, RDJ as Tony Stark, Christopher Reeve as Superman, and john luigizama as Clown/Violator are the only castings in superhero movies that are literally the best castings physically possible.

EVERY other one could hypothetically be improved.

>>Michael Chiklis as The Thing

fuck outta here there was NOTHING positive about those movies

They weren't Fantastic Four (2015)

His laugh kills me. It sounds like an old door opening up.

I think it's the opposite. Studios are paying shitload of money to have the face of a star in a movie, so they are going to use them as much as they can.

Why does everyone laud this guy? The character had no depth at all. Sophie Turner could play a one trick pony.

>Pay 1/8 of the budget for Will fucking Smith
>Let him cover his face with a mask

DC is pretty dumb, but jeez oh man not that dumb

>DC

You mean "WB".

He probably had the clearest motivation of anyone else in Raimi's trilogy. He wanted Spider-Man pictures in the first one, he wanted photographs of the web-head in the second one and he wanted pictorial depictions of an arachnid themed vigilante in the third.

That's pretty consistent writing, acting and directing right there.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

They cut Cyclopses scenes out of X2. He had a much more substantial fight scene when in the plastic prison. That's a hell of a lot of time/money to spend for a fight scene. It may have been cut to save on effects from Cyclops and Death Strikes powers, but it was cut. They also cut an establishing mind control scene that had Scott saving the proffessor and getting him back to the mansion, which is empty. It was of course a fake out and lends into Jason controlling charles.

Then the whole issue with whether he'd even be in X-men 3. It's pretty shit overall how they treated the character/actor.

Only bit of casting in the DKT that holds up tbqh

Now think about why Dredd is so good.

Best part of the DCEU

I wish we had more of Brucefleck

He was a much better Bruce than Batman

They should just make a Batman movie where you cast different actors for Bruce Wayne and Batman. Given the armored suit and cowl, on top of how Batman speaks and acts differently than when he's putting on a facade as Bruce, it wouldn't even feel all that jarring; just get two guys who look similar enough, and make the Bruce Wayne actor the bigger name since his face will be shown.

Wesley Snipes as Blade.

Why does he need to wear a mask? It's not like Deadshot's costume always includes a full-face mask. The eyepiece is more iconic.

Did he? I know he had to do that in Moulin Rouge.

Even joking about this frustrates me.

Remember user, it was the same casting crew that picked Eisenberg for Lex Luther.

Have you seen Whiplash? Or Korra, for that matter? JKS can pull it off.

Zack Snyder's wife?

Lots of the casting in X-Men was good too. I think Patrick Stewert as Charles Xavier was probably worth listing.

>JK Simmons as Korra

Why do you have to put these images in my head user?

Yes, I too enjoyed CGI as Iron Man.

I can think of a few, actually.

>The juvenile bickering between Johnny and Ben was spot on.
>A pretty good Ben in general.
>That scene in the first one where Jessica Alba was half naked for a few seconds.
>Marvel making it up to Chris Evans by making him Cap down the road.
>It wasn't afraid to be a completely ridiculous comic book movie like 2015 was.

The film was bad, but it wasn't so irredeemably terrible that it made you want to drink Bleach just to escape being on the same planet as it the way the 2015 film was

Kelsey Grammer was born to play Beast.

Or maybe just DON'T CAST WILL SMITH AS DEADSHOT

BECAUSE THAT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA

It sucks we're not getting him back for Dark Phoenix. We still got "About a boy" doing it.

This counts right?

>An entire movie with JK Simmons-tier casting.

is this real?

Aside from the lack of gore and The Mask being an unambiguously moral character, it was a great movie.

/thread.

Its you whose out user. Out of your mind!

Very true indeed

Frank Langella as Skeletor

Hugh Jackman as well

I like Ryan but he's so Welsh.

Yes

Michael Chiklis was wasted in those movies, and even worse was how he nailed Ben to a T but couldn't do it in a better movie.

And true to the source material!

His best role

I feel like they could've made his meatball skin more gross.

So hyped for number 2, Could care less about domino.

I want to give a shout out to Brandon Routh as Christopher Reeve as Superman

It's funny how DKT had terrible casting but great actors

I agree. Casting Willem Defoe as himself in that movie was a bold choice but paid off.

Are you saying Gary Oldman did a bad job?

I always foget this is Drake Bell
His suit was on point too

The cast of the first xman movies had so much potential and they shit the bed so hard

>Hugh Jackman
Spotted the casual who watched the movies before reading any of the comics.