Why are longboxes so ugly?

Why are longboxes so ugly?
I recently bought my first one, as I've only recently started buying floppies, and it's so unpleasant to look at

You can get them with art on them.

Because they're a cheap form of storage that works, it's like complaining a plastic tub looks ugly. Buy one with art in it or make something to cover them, I'm building a "bookcase" for them so they don't look as ugly

I was thinking about getting custom printed three ring binders and storing my floppies in there

Depends on how many comics you have, if you have under 100 then sure, if you have hundreds then no, it would mean having to buy a shit tonne of them and would cost way more than a long box ever would

My buddy is a wood worker and made me a killer Aquaman themed sunken chest longbox, complete with a coral piece on top cut and painted with the Aquaman symbol.

We're gonna start working on an ant farm walled Ant Man box for him next.

These things can be awesome, just gotta get creative.

Got any photos?

Details? Sound interesting

That's better but still not aesthetically pleasing to me
See I don't think plastic tubs are offensive to the eye in the same way.
A bookshelf sounds interesting though

That sounds amazing
Not sure how I'd feel about the ants so close to my books though

You gotta post pics. That sounds cool.

The plan is to build a regular solid wood box, [and also paint Ant Man going from small on he far left to all the way torso sized off on the right] and then attach a second outside piece made up of 4 ant farms, that can be taken off the box at will. You can also see a pumpkin bomb that lights up he made me.

I don't have a lot and mostly just want something too keep them on my shelf

>that Starro
Fuckin nice

OP here, that's gorgeous wtf

It would basically be a tall, one coloumn version of pic related but without the special drawers, it would just be longboxes for now, but with the intent to add some kind of drawer later on

Thanks guys.
We like to put the Starro at the top of the Christmas Tree every year too. Thinking about making some good ones that light up and selling them.

Then that's a good place to start, I made these for my 2000AD collection and I think they came out really well, even though I plan on remaking them if I can get some access to a laser cutter or some better tools, the worst thing about having a mind that's good for construction is not having proper tools.

As I plan to remake them, If anyone's for any idea for some improvements I could make it would be appreciated

I'd buy one

Does your bro got an etsy or something cause I would pay double the price for cool stuff like that

I need BCW to do a third one of these so I can fit all of my Mignola stuff into them and have it look fancy as fuck.

I'm starting to think about giving up and buying a normal white short box and a bunch of BPRD stickers.