Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.com (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery adress outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Other urls found in this thread:

instocktrades.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I finally got my my books switched over to a shelf.

storytime Panther please!

what do you do once you find yourself with way too many?

give them to kids

These are my recent purchases this week.

That's a great Defenders cover

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I found it for 10 dollars at my favorite local comic store. It's like a 5 or 6 I'm assuming.

nice shelf. it would have really nice if Top 10 had continued. I still have yet to read my copy of Jerusalem

not OP but I only have the first volume of Top 10 and never finished it

So close.

>too many
I don't understand.

Get another shelf. I need to. DC is really kicking up their omni game this fall. With that and the Marvel stuff I want, I'm going to buried by xmass.

>tfw My NTT omni and Morrison Doom Patrol Omnis are sitting at IST and have been since last week.

Where can I find 2000AD in states. I've been to two lcs and come up empty.

instocktrades

Just got this haul in the mail yesterday.

to the user who complained i tried to put them all in one image. they are huge art prints and no matter what i did the final product was shit and you couldn't see anything decently. they aren't the comics they are huge as hell art prints.

What are these from exactly?

This is my collection. I don't really think they warrant a shelf so I just have them propped on my dresser.

out of print 12x18 art prints signed by tula lotay the cover artist for supreme blue rose

What do you guys plan on buying soon?

100 bullets hc 1-5

Do you like it enough for the hardcovers? The regular deluxe tpb's are significantly cheaper

yes i like hardcovers

No idea. I'm just waiting for the last Cap Brubaker omnibus to come in.

Also, random finds from Book Off for 4 bucks each.

I'm saving up for the Akira 35th Anniversary set.

dc has been upping their omnis recently. I've noticed the binding has gotten alot better. I need to get another shelf to fit the books I have on my dresser.

Master of Kung Fu v4 omni
Thor v3 omni
Thor by Jurgens and JrJr omni (stories are just. ok, but I really liked JrJr on Thor).
JLA (Giffen) omni
Silver age Adam Strange and DP omnis
The New Gods Omni
Kamandi omni
I already own the last two in the previous edition, and as much as I like the paper, the pages are going yellow, (I actually have the Kamandi Archive editions, and a full run of the floppies, too).

You and me both.

I also need 2 for my movies as well. Although I might star pruning those soon. At least a few.

Escapo
The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye
Deadman by Kelley Jones
Doom Patrol Brick By Brick
The Unwritten Deluxe Edition Book One
Savage Sword of Jesus Christ
The Smile of the Absent Cat
Hawkworld

>The Unwritten Deluxe Edition Book One
I'm happy that the second is actually solicited. It was like a year after the first one actually came out.

Yeah it's hard to trust DC these days. It's like they get some kind of perverse satisfaction out of canceling stuff before they come out...

Newest purchases. I also have some mini-kus and GG's new book from Koyama in the mail. And that Schrauwen magazine from Desert Island that I ordered a month ago. I think they may have forgotten to ship it.

>Savage Sword of Jesus Christ
I really need to check out what is coming from Heavy Metal these days.

Good haul, never heard of that Doc Frankenstein but looks like something I'd read. Only think I really don't like is Crossed.

I fucked up my budget last month, so I can't buy anything for a couple months. But I already have my amazon cart filled with Comic Book Tattoo and The Nikopol Trilogy.

if I do have a few spare dollars (may get a bonus from work) then I'll probably grab another volume of Grell's Green Arrow

I want that lesbian book...

&reposting other recent purchases that I'm still making my way through

>Identity Crisis
Why
>Civil War
You might want to check out Frontline. That was a pretty cool tie-in Marvel did for Civil War and Secret Invasion. Worth a read.

I just bought for cheap the following
>The Milkman Murders
>The Maximortal
>Brat Pack
>Billi 99
>Finals
>City of Tomorrow
>Jeremiah Harm
>Lore vol. 1
>Industrial Gothic

I've absolutely no idea about any of these comics, besides knowing some of the artists/writers of course (Vietch, Chaykin, Sale, etc.).

Anybody read them?

Industrial Gothic is a weird little grotesque thing. It had a cool design, but was intentionally (I assume) ugly.

that's the style of the artist.

Went to San Francisco Comic Con this past weekend and got these.
Hyrule Historia, Hell Boy, & Moon Knight where 20% off. The other 3 books were in a 3 for $10 box.

I am really surprised that they are going forward with more Doom Patrol reprints. The first three are Morrison, and they just solicited the first 11 issues of Pollack's run.
If I had to bet, that one might be cancelled before its release.

>instocktrades.com/
Currently has New Teen Titans Omnibus vol 1 for $37.50.
And "damaged" Multiversity HC for $15.00.
Get both and qualify for free shipping :-DDD

Fuck off, C.R.E.A.M.

Or they just stop after that one volume. They put out the first volume of Kid Eternity by Ann Nocenti and Sean Phillips but haven't solicited volume 2. I understand that it's not a popular series... at all. But still, why release the first volume and then cancel what would've been the second and last one? it's just...mean.

Billi 99 looks great. Okay story, I'll probably read it again in a few years. I need to glue the cover back on, though.

Looks awesome, other than the top left medical/jerkoff lube shelf, put that shit in the bathroom ffs, its like a beautiful car with a cracked windshield.

Do you need help lifting that Death Note mango?

I donate mine to a youth shelter my mom volunteers at, go through my floppies every year and decide what I care about and will read again and what can go, then give a stack to my mom to take down there.

If you have a local boys and girls club, that would work, for ex.

Just donate them somewhere ppl will enjoy them, I can't believe there are ppl who just throw comics in the garbage or recycle bin.

I think it's for Doom. That armour must chafe, and he definitely needs to remember to take his meds

Some of the con loot from last weekend. Got me that big-ass Alack Sinner omni, Salvador Sanz' El Esqueleto, a Trillo/Bernet series I didn't know about called Light and Bold, and got three books signed by Simon Bisley: Lobo, Slaine and (not pictured here) the Dredd/Batman Files. And I got him to draw a fuckhuge Judge Hershey sketch for me. In my defense, my birthday is like tomorrow.

RICHAAAAAARDS!!!

Qué onda la edición de Light & Bold?

Because orders are always low for niche reprints of 80s/90s material like that.

They don't market reprints though so I dunno what the fuck they expect. I've given up hope on a second Vigilante volume ever happening

Speaking of, Nevada is one that seriously needs collecting. I have the Fanboy trade but found it a bit of a slog to get through

>Liam Cobb
My man. Hoping to pick up his new stuff at Thought Bubble

Bastante buena. Bien impresa, buena calidad de papel, chiquita nada más pero eso ayuda con el precio: 150 mangos. También tenían una reedición de Custer de la misma colección, pero esa ya la tengo en tamaño euro.

Did they formally cancel the second one, or has it just not been solicited yet?
The Unwritten Deluxe Book One came out on December 14, 2016, and the second one was only solicited recently for a release date of December 27 2017. It might just take a while.
Looks like that Kid Eternity series was only 16 issues though, which makes me wonder why they did not just make one larger release.

Also got this figure and these pins recently

Bueno, quizás le entre. Desde Basura que estoy medio reticente con las reediciones reducidas porque esa es una poronga

Ooh nice, I'm waiting on my double set to arrive still. Mignola's art just translate so well

Most of my shelves

Help me, Sup Forumsmrades.
I know this is a buyfag thread, but what a reasonable price to sell picrelated?

My most recent purchases

Ebay it and see what past listings have sold for and figure out a number...
Other than that I have no idea.

that is so obscenely cheap... I really fucking hate IST for being only murrica based.

I remember super psyched for that Big Blast figure. It was the first Hellboy figure they made.

I'm hoping Mega Construx makes a figure of him.

To keep it book related I should be finishing out my MIND MGMT sometime in the next few days. I don't know if anyone else is gonna brave the inevitable B&N buy 2 get 1 free sale that will inevitably hit in a few months but that's how I plan on getting my omnibus. There's just so many coming out before year's end.

I'm kind of an edgelord, so I have all the Crossed trades. And Doc Frankenstein is pretty good, but it sucks that it's taking forever for vol 2 to come out, especially since it ends on a cliffhanger.

Here is what I got last week as a birthday gift. I'm waiting on the Harley Quinn omnibus to be released.

Not him, but is the Doc Frankenstein book by a.... matrix wachowski? whatever the case it looks weird but cool.

And here is my bookshelf.

Yeah, the Wachowski once-brothers-now-sisters of Matrix fame.

It's violent, action-packed, and irreverent. It's a bit like Battle Pope, but nowhere near as silly.

wish i had space for the planet hulk omnibus. i bet that's gonna be a sexy book

JrJr Daredevil EPIC next week tho

>sunstone
my man

On pre-order:

JLI Omnibus and Bronze Age Swamp Thing omnibus (Amazon)

Recently bought:

X-Men Second Coming (Ebay)

In the mail

Batman #440-451
Detective Comics #672 and #675-677
Avengers First Sign TPB

Currently bidding on
House of Secrets (90s series) Omnibus

Doctor Strange (the 1989 series) Omnibus

Finally updated with some new stuff For those wondering Paper Girls story still makes no sense but there is a page with KJ menstruating

I use a series of pulleys and levers to read it.

Always a pleasure to see your shelf hellboy user.

i really don't understand why Viz released that in paperback at that size

You are the first person I have seen with anything Zombie Tramp related. Is your copy of Year One uncensored?

>>sunstone
>my man
>man
kek

No, I'm kidding, I own it too. But it's really popular with women. I can't wait for the Alan story he's writing next, Alan is one of the best characters and a story devoted to him sounds great. But I'm not sure about the next story Sejic is doing, about a cross dressing man. I'll still read it, it will probably be funny as hell

are those walking dead books the 12 issue ones? the size of them looks pretty nice, i'm looking into starting the series after slowly giving up on the soap opera

I wanna see that Hershey.

It's bound well and the paper is fine. The size is incredibley unwieldily though. I wish it was a more conventionally sized omnibus. They could have taken some tips from those dumb round eyes. I don't regret the purchase though!

It was a gift from a friend and they figured I wouldn't want the uncensored cover...

Hows the art inside of that Tombraider?
As good as that cover or still pretty nice.

>fellow Beauty reader
Nice

Btw are you reading it online? I wasnt sure if story went back to original cast ever or stuck to the new protagonist still.

I think it's pretty fantastic but Adam Hughes did a lot of covers but not interiors.

I am in fact, of the male nature. I just happen to like Stjepan Sejic's artwork. And stories that feature sex positive characters.

Bummer. It doesn't add much but I thought it was a cool touch.

I'm not sure. This is actually a blind buy for me; the premise seems interesting enough so I figured I would give it a go.

I got Identity Crisis because a friend recommended it as "the perfect jumping on point for the DC universe". It liked it but I don't necessarily think it's the best first experience to give to someone who is unfamiliar with DC.

And thank you for the recommendation. I'll check it out.