Did he plan his?

Remind , he's a staunch conservative and was a big supporter of Bush.

>Realises he couldn't get an dirt on Hilliary Clinton from the emails.
>has to drop the case
>Bring it back up 2 weeks with a letter to Congress before elections to hurt her polls.
>probably can't get her on anything this time , but mentioning it enough should hurt her and help Trump

He's facing internal revolt.

He had to do something to keep his own people from turning on him.

Oboomer probably realized that shillary is even more addicted to terrorist dollars than Slick Willy was, but she also lacks the charisma and basic competency to hide that fact. So he told Comey, with the Bush's blessings, to throw Clinton under the bus before her sloppiness brings the whole show down. He probably did a deal with Trump as well, giving up on Shillary in exchange for not being executed for treason.

But he's a Neocon and hated Bill Clinton. He probably didn't want Hilliary in charge anyway.

He doesn't get to decide what he works on, because he receives his orders from the Republican controlled house of representatives. This could be his way of complaining about the fact that the Republicans have pushed pointless investigations for years without having a valid reason other than politics. He stole their ability to be subtle about it.

>He's a neocon

Which is why it's surprising he would go after hillary. Neocons usually stick together behind the scenses.

I think he's trying to salvage his reputation to an extent. He lost all his credibility when he let Hillary go, and apparently his credibility means a lot to him, because during the hearing in Congress, he kept repeating that his investigation was conducted with honesty and integrity and that anyone who thought otherwise should contact him personally.

The backlash from within the FBI means he had to do something. This was his way of doing it.

He's still a sleazebag though and probably needs to hang on the Day of the Rope unless something happens.

he's not an idiot... reopening the investigation this close to the election without real evidence would be suicidal.

He has dirt on Clinton. While his political leanings may have motivated him some, he wouldn't do this unless he had the means to take down the she-bitch with him.

this theory is retarded. comey is a friend of the clinton family, just like the bush family is, and has donated money to the clinton foundation before, which is probably why he spent so much time trying to cover hillary's tracks at first before she shot herself in the foot with her own mediocrity.

he was under pressure to do this, why and from whom is a mystery for now.

(you)

He did not plan it. He was outmaneuvered by Clinton and perhaps the Obama administration. He wanted the investigation over so he couldn't be attacked for "deciding" the election by charging Hillary.

He knows what she did was wrong. It was clear she could be charged. But he let her go for whatever reason. Maybe expecting her to dial back her warmongering, maybe he was threatened, maybe he really believed he didn't have enough to sustain a charge by a friendly administration (my guess—remember it would be Obama's Justice Department that would handle the prosecution).

If you want a friendly administration to prosecute it better be 100% unquestionably clear that she purposefully subverted classified information to sell it via the Clinton Foundation and unless Hillary is the dumbest criminal on Earth this would be VERY difficult to prove in such a way that a Democrat DOJ would have to act aggressively. This is what I consider to be most likely at this time.

New things come to light and he gets to give everyone the middle finger: those on the right that lambasted him, those on the left that used his testimony to try to play down how bad Clinton was, etc.

He may be feeling a bit like Trump: unfairly maligned by everyone and ready for scorched earth.

Or he may just be doing his job as usual with no overt motivation.

I don't actually know, how did the press get wind of this re-opening of the investigation? Did the people in Congress that got the notification release it? Did Comey make his announcement public? This part is glossed over and I can't seem too find out.

His own people.

He's a neocon.

Clinton is basically a neocon.

The only reason he reopened the case is because with Chaffetz and Gowdy on his ass, he can't simply ignore the new evidence that came with the v&ing of Anthony Weiner.

He opened it now because it's too close to the election to drastically hurt Clinton, so it's a relatively neutral, timed move.

The FBI
And arguably the POTUS.

chaffetz tweeted that comey sent him and other congressmen a letter saying they're investigating clinton further. and it spread from there.

very interesting pic user

>holds a press conference explaining all the crimes she's committed
>weasels out by saying he can't prove intent (even though you don't need to)
Thanks for correcting my record

No he's been force into it because of Wikileaks and Donald. It's his integrity and that if the FBI that's at stake. If Hillary wasn't such a liability then it would've been ok for him.

He's doing what's best for the country, like he did in the past about not trying to bring it up during an election. But both have eroded and now he's doing what's right to maintain credibility for himself and the rest of the government. Fuck Loretta

Comey wrote a letter and sent to the people in the Oversight and Government Reform Committee who subsequently made it public. Comey knew this would happen which makes me think he couldn't take the FBI blowback and the damage to his stainless reputation as a public servant. In my eyes he still is a crook for letting her go at all.

Comey is essentially President Walker from House of Cards. He got completely played like a bitch and ended up letting Hillary free.

Nobody gives a shit about party politics at his level, they care about their position and legacy.

If the attorney general and the DOJ are going down with the Clinton ship, he wants a job afterwards.

thanks guys

But he ultimately fucks Tusk sideways and takes himself and the whole ship down with him in the end iirc. Pretty much what Comey is doing at this point.