We all know it's going to suck

so let's make our own megaman/megaman-like animated series.
what thing should it have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCB_OcJcDYY
youtube.com/watch?v=uUuE2YSBHo4
youtube.com/watch?v=0E9wRwxOcdo
youtube.com/watch?v=i8O_0Da-tkA
youtube.com/watch?v=c274VOirffQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MR3jRA71DEg
youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE
youtube.com/watch?v=oiahr2ZjiyY
youtube.com/watch?v=WnPlff7btoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A Megaman that looks like Megaman, not Tron's retarded cousin.

And actually a robot, not a kid who can transform using a retarded catchphrase.

RMs being assholes to each other at Wily's place.

Flashback to Light and Wily' s college days, hanging out as friends and shooting the shit together, while their arguments over the future and purpose of robotics gradually become more heated.

the actual games

Just adapt the manga

Is this made from the same studio who made Get-Ed?

Anyone one have that old copypasta where the user tries to prove that Dr. Light was short sighted and couldn't see the ethical ramification of giving weapons sentience? I want something like that along with a healthy dose of Amadeus. Where Wily is so driven by envy that even though he's trying to do good all people see is his evil. Hacking the robot masters to prove that anyone can do it and Dr. Light is in over his head and he's dismissed as terrorist. We see Rock struggle with killing and absorbing his fellow robot masters powers and asking Light does he have a soul? It culminates with Dr. Wily being placed in an insane asylum, Light dead, and the outbreak of the first Robot vs Human Wars with Rock heavily conflicted on which side he should pick.
youtube.com/watch?v=RCB_OcJcDYY

I kinda want something like the EXE in terms of the robot personalities.

A light and funny action show where a robut Megaman foils Wily's plans, with an overarching plot about the arms race between Wily and Light. I'd probably make Megaman closer to Legends' Trigger so that you can add Tron Bonne, etc.

Then after a few seasons with a happy ending, a grimdark edgy sequel in the form of MMX

I really like the characterization of the Robot Masters in the "History Repeating" albums of The Megas. That and "The Quick and The Blue" & "Man on Fire"

Just hear it
youtube.com/watch?v=uUuE2YSBHo4
youtube.com/watch?v=0E9wRwxOcdo

Animate the Archie comics or just take some parts from them like how though they have personalities show they're still bound by directive

This looks absolutely fucking horrendous. Why!?
Fucking years I've been waiting for Capcom to make something, battle network, X, some shit to give me Megaman
what is this? This nigga belongs in Nick jr. Waive this fake robotic ass outta my face and give me a real Game. Ffs

lets just mash-up the megas with the protomen and call it a day

>Anyone one have that old copypasta where the user tries to prove that Dr. Light was short sighted and couldn't see the ethical ramification of giving weapons sentience?
This one?

Did they redo the design? I swear he looked more Mexican before. This is still pretty meh, but not as bad as I recall the initial art looking.

youtube.com/watch?v=i8O_0Da-tkA

Looks like it, man my memory is really bad i remember the post also talked about how wily was a hero for trying to stop Dr. Light

Why doesn't \co\ just support and appreciate media for a franchise they like, knowing that if it succeeds, they will get new and more merchandise from said property?

Supporting a show like this could only lead to more Megaman, so why not? Even if the cartoon sucks, we can always get new toys, comics, and games.

Or we give crapcom money they don't learn their lesson and keep giving us garbage. Look what happened to SF

I still haven't heard The Protomen, I've recently found The Megas and I've already listened to all their songs. Any suggestions?

Because, you fucking idiot, if the cartoon is successful, all the new Megaman stuff will likely be based on it. So if it's shit we get MORE SHIT.

>RMX3 Genesis
The limits of sweet reason have been reached and exceeded.

That collection really Rocks Man.

>what should the Sup Forumsreation mega man-like be

main character is a cute girl and obvious fetishes that the creators are really trying to pretend are serious social issues?

This. Theres no way a kids action megaman cartoon show is ever going to work.

Just make it an aqua teen-like comedy show with the RMs acting hilariously outrageous and assholish. Make Megaman a background character, who's only occasionally brought up in conversation.

nigga did you even read the general

Just do a straight up adaption, not unlike the recent comics. The only real difference would be some drama as the series heads towards the X line of games, maturing as the original storyline closes and begins anew with the Reploids and Mavericks. In the case of the X series though, I would say trim out some of the plot lines, namely having Sigma dying and resurrecting more fucking times than a DBZ character, and also lay out groundwork for the events of the Mega Man Zero follow-up.

This. Plus maybe actually do shit with stuff like the X hunters, Bit and Byte, Isoc (Especially with the theory that he may be Wily), and Gate.

It's a shame we've never gotten a proper X adaptation, or at least one that gets to do something besides pre-X1/X1 stuff
Light up the Night is a classic. The Hounds, The Stand (Man or Machine), Father of Death, Hope Rides Alone, they're all good individual songs

However my personal recommendation is to listen to the entire albums while reading the notes. It makes shit so much better
Dr. Cain was the real villain. Why don't people get that?

i like it, Sigma coming back always bothered me

whats happens in the interval between MM y MMX?
there is a good media outside the games?

Just do what Archie did.

Or, even better, do what Archie did but set it after the games. No adapting any of them, just jump straight to original stories.

Zero kills the original cast off is the popular fan theory.

That's the thing. It's never been elaborated what happened between them. The popular "Zero kills everyone" fan idea was shot down and no media has ever attempted to touch it. There's Mega Man Unlimited, but that's a fangame.

As for good media outside the games, I haven't read Megamix, but I plan on it and hear nothing but good things. The Archie comics are decent but have their fair share of issues. The Ruby Spears cartoon is corny as shit, and I don't care about BN so I can't say anything about NT Warrior

When is this supposed to air anyways?

>I can't say anything about NT Warrior

I can. Its one of the worst dubs in history. Not that the subbed version is amazing, mind you, but its still a massive improvement.

what the other guy said

but their two main albums are rock operas and are meant to be listened to in order. Act 1 is about Megaman deciding to fight Wily despite Dr Light not wanting to lose his other son. Act 2 tells the story of how Wily came to set himself up as a dictator, and Dr Light's first attempts at toppling his regime.
there's not a single song on either album I don't like

It's fine if he revives a few times, they are robots after all. But holy hell did the series do it one time too many that they had to pull some shitty "if he's somewhere without a reploid to posses, he's as good as dead" loophole.

On a scale of 1 to one piece. How exactly bad is it?

up to x5 I i could understand everything afterwards all my brain could to do was yell BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT

The official reason is that nothing happened. Megaman, and Robot Masters in general, became out dated and were eventually scrapped. Light and Wily presumably just died of old age after finishing X and Zero.

6, nothing could ever be as godawful as one piece dub

6, maybe 7.

I love that in X6 Sigma literally comes the fuck out of NOWHERE after the Gate fight.
Did they die? Or did they just transfer their consciousness elsewhere? Because the later X games make it seem like the light capsules are sentient, and there's theories about which robot in the X series is just Wily in some form

They probably made copies of their minds and died naturally. Light in a capsule, Wily in that X-Hunter. Then later that guy in X6.

Didn't someone from Capcom imply the Maverick virus was actually Wily's mind?

shame the x2 english translation for that game didn't make that connection but megaman x games all have shitty localization

probably not, but wily made it and put it in zero

Yeah, thats another big theory. Assuming the Maverick Virus isn't a modified Roboenza and/or Evil Energy.

shit was like super soldier serum for him

The maverick virus is a better version of Roboenza.Honestly I just think Wily was an AI until X2 until he got bored and became one of the X hunters

Everybody forgets that they made something like 3 different mega man animated series already

always felt it was like evil energy/ and roboenza had a bastard child. I think Wily wanted Zero to be the one that killed X. Fucker almost got an orgasm when Zero defeated Hi-Max when X couldn't

Not saying that I wouldn't mind an ATHF-style Megaman parody, but if it's gotta be a kids show just make it a villain-of-the-week action comedy. Instead of crappy side plots about being a kid in school, have crappy sideplots about a robot kid trying to understand basic human concepts.

I don't know why but I always imagined the Megaman series to have a dry, almost black sense of humor; playing sheep robots, helmet-wearing golliwogs, and other goofy things off as serious threats and having a main character who struggles to have a sense of morality beyond "Me good. You bad".

I remember a video talking about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=c274VOirffQ

Wasn't there also an implication about the villain the final X Zero game being part of Wily's legacy?

He didn't add the most obvious one.
>wily's voice actor
>despises X
>claims to know Zero inside and out
>stops him with a flick of his wrist
if Isoc isn't wily idk who is.
youtube.com/watch?v=MR3jRA71DEg

That's not how it works. For example: Bayformers being successful did not make G1 Transformers go away, in fact it lead to games like War for Cybertron and Devestation. It also allowed for toy lines like Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and Power of the Primes. Further it led to new cartoons like Transformers: Animated and Prime. The fact that there's a shitty but successful movie franchise allowed for good things to follow for long-term fans, because it's all just advertisement for product.

It's completely retarded then to believe classic Megaman would disappear. It's like believing Sonic will always have blue arms if people like Boom. Instead it'd be more likely that the interest from the series would allow for more figures, such as Robot Masters to get made. A toy company picking up the rights for the show may also be able to do toys from the games. I would also think that Capcom would put out new games with a show advertising the franchise.

It's almost like some people are letting their autism ruin nice things

Do we know anything about it besides what MM looks like?

>what thing should it have?
Pharaoh Man

youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE

>Do we know anything about it besides what MM looks like?
We know that he's a high school kid who uses a little Mega Man digital fairy/thing (called "Mega Mini") and uses it to transform into Mega Man. His catchphrase is "Meganize Me!"

youtube.com/watch?v=oiahr2ZjiyY

So yeah, people are annoyed over more than just the look.

anyone actually said they prefer this version over the new one?

or even bad box art megaman over the new one?

I remember the artist saying that he never even heard of megaman before designing him
and wasn't provided any materials about him
so he borrowed the game and played it with his badly calibrated tv, and so megaman turned out green
so thats what he drew

Funny thing is, given Needle Man's later actions, we can't be sure if he actually beleives this stuff or if he's just a generally cynical guy.

I thought that he was green to avoid copyright lawsuits.

I'm not saying anything until I actually see the product. I will say, though, that Captain N did have its good points.

that explains things.

still anyone actually said they prefer the captain n version over the new one?

Probably because the captain n version and other versions has been an occasional capcom joke over the years, and thus is endeared to fans

did they ever finish the series?

wait and see i guess. sonic boom pulled it off so no reason this can't too(then again if this mega man fails, that would be twice MM failed where sonic thrived).

Where can I read this?
Dropped it a long time ago due to only local comic shop closing, but still have a bagged and boarded copy of issue #1

Elf wars

Captain N? No, not that it even had an endgame in mind to begin with.

>did they ever finish the series?
I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean, they did run an episode where Mother Brain ran out of energy, was trying to gather some energy flowers or some stuff to power back on their base, and Captain N managed to fight them off from that. So I guess that might be considered an "ending" of sorts. But the entire plot of the series was intended to run at long as necessary. Heck, the comics even had them go inside Mother Brain's mind one time (because otherwise Zebes would blow up and cause all sorts of problems) and they found a "good side" to her, which kind of lends itself to the idea that they weren't going to end up killing her.

There was no episode where they had a last standoff with Mother Brain and blew up Zebes, if that's what you mean.

I will admit, the only interesting Mega Man fanfic I've ever read took place in the Captain N setting, primarily because it involved just Mega Man/Proto Man and their involvement with the general public. All the other robot masters were just robots.

Looks pretty lame.

There is always CN factor.
It is hard to support media when it eventualy will get replaced by TTG.

did the princess got her dad back? iirc mother brain trapped him in some sort of dimension.

I thought that was Sally's dad in Sonic SATM

Sally did get her dad back, although that was in the comics. And then it turned out he had some sort of crystalizing disease from being in that dimension that also drove him to become a tyrannical dictator, until it was later revealed that he had been assassinated and replaced by a Robotnik robot, until it was revealed later that the doctor who had pronounced the king dead had actually hid him away in the basement and King Acorn was still alive. (and cured, and sane)

And then everybody when to high school, because of course that is what you do with the group who just spent ten years fighting a guerilla war solo for you.

...it was a weird time for Sonic.

There was never any sort of major plot progression, or any sort of event which really changed the dynamic. Princess Lana was always just princess, was always stuck taking care of the tower, and nobody was freed or added to the roster at any point. We saw Link a few times in episodes, and Samus showed up a couple of times in the comics, but that was pretty much it.

Yeah, let's keep setting the bar lower everytime in the hopes that the next thing we get won't be cheap shit.
Can't see anything wrong with this plan.

>crystalizing disease from being in that dimension that also drove him to become a tyrannical dictator, until it was later revealed that he had been assassinated and replaced by a Robotnik robot, until it was revealed later that the doctor who had pronounced the king dead had actually hid him away in the basement and King Acorn was still alive. (and cured, and sane)And then everybody when to high school, because of course that is what you do with the group who just spent ten years fighting a guerilla war solo for you.

Was the fucking writer drunk?

>Man of Action without Loeb's fuckery
Might be good.

I wanted to post the megaman ascii but it seems they don't allow that anymore.
Thanks, moot.

It was easily considered one of the worst parts of the Sonic comic's history, perhaps next to the deepest aspects of the Pendering. (Although maybe Penders worked on the high school arc, as well.)

And while it all sounds fantastically stupid when strung together like that, note that this was back when surprise reveals were a big thing in comics. Whether it was successful or not, a lot of Marvel/DC loved those cliffhangers and "back from the dead" arcs, and so Archie followed suit. So while bringing Sally's dad back was surprising, it shouldn't be that strange to see him suddenly "turn evil". It shouldn't be too strange to suddenly see him revealed as a robot. (with Robotnik in charge) And it shouldn't be too surprising to see him miraculously come back, thanks to some strained logic in that regard.

As for the high school bullshit, that was because they killed Robotnik and freed Knothole, so what else were they going to do?

>(Although maybe Penders worked on the high school arc, as well.)
Nah, he was too busy with the Knuckles stuff. This was aroun the time he was doing the Green Knuckles shit. He didn't touch Sonic until the 130s once Bollers left.
>As for the high school bullshit, that was because they killed Robotnik and freed Knothole, so what else were they going to do?
No no, this was after Robo-Robotnik showed up. This was just a way to keep the FFs under Max's eye (And in a meta sense, to cash in on the anime craze) though it didn't last too long

>setting the bar lower
Did you really like NT Warriors?

So Astro Boy, Cyborg 009, and Casshern mixed together

A show like this is made to push merchandise, CN may treat it like Sonic BOOM. Just watch the cartoons and buy something cool if any neat toys or games drop. TTG is riding high because of capeshit and it's cheap flash animation that's aimed and at way little kids.

I'll never understand how an entire production team can work on something like this without a single person asking, "What if this is a bad idea?"

>Captain N did have its good points.
Three, to be exact.

still unwatchable with even a passing knowledge about the games being reference

It all ready got made though.

>Tron's retarded cousin

Consider it the Stanford Prison Experiment of animation.

what the fuck is with that deviantart tier anime knockoff character

Four factions in a future world;
Maverick Hunters, featuring Rock/X as main hero.
Repliforce, with General, Colonel and the rest serving as the military arm of the governments of the world.
Robot Masters, with Dr. Wily leading his army of robots to conquer the world and achieve his vision.
Mavericks, with Sigma ruling and attempting to destroy all of humanity.

Intersperse with some civilians like the Bonnes as a roaming pirate gang and so on.

Let the interplay of the factions and heroes be the guiding force of the story.

Pedoshit fanservice characters.

I'm actually thinking about giving the show a chance. Who knows? Maybe this show will finally convince Capcom to make another (proper) Megaman game, even if it's bad.

Mega right.
youtube.com/watch?v=WnPlff7btoM

Megaman has such well design I don´t get why americans feel the need to give their own twist to a character to the point of making him worse, you don´t see France making a Superman cartoon and changing most of what makes superman special.