Dresden Codak

Hob was good.

Unfortunately, anything positive that may be said about early Dresden Codak is negated by the fact that it was created by Aaron Diaz.

Not really. You can enjoy something without giving a second or first thought to its creators.

Damnit I'd forgotten how they're both insane now

>You can enjoy something without giving a second or first thought to its creators.
You CAN, but I don't. I don't allow myself to economically support a creator I don't respect. Thats moronic. That's like holding your wife's hair back as she deepthroats your next door neighbor.

>Said by a mediocre white man
God the ego of this fucker.

Maybe you are putting too much emphasis on such small fry issues. It's not like you are supporting ISIS.

I care a whole hell of a lot more on NASA's yearly budget then I do about some gamergate drama on twitter.

Oh, no, Diaz is Cuban. Just ask him, he'll tell you all about his grandmother and how he's struggled every day as a minority because she immigrated to this country as a little girl seventy years ago.

Not even going to comment on the actual topic of this matter, but aren't Cubans basically Spanish? Since when is Iberian a tragic minority?

>cubanos
>Struggling in 'Merica

L o fucking L

The only Cubano's who struggled were the ones who were filthy rich off mafia money before the revolution.

Iberians are pretty tragic. Have you read their historical literature?

By tragic of course I mean "goddamn fucking dumb shits you stupid fuckers Cervantes was fucking taking the piss out of all of you for your stupid fucking honor culture and deranged ideas)

Dresden Codak had some really great one-offs.

These layouts make me want to die.

I taught this was a new page but then I noticed Kimiko's old design
Its surprising to see a girl without the sameface

How the fuck am I supposed to read this?

What I love about Diaz's atrocious page layouts is that it looks like very panel is taken out of context, like it's less a comic and more an amateur scrapbook trying to construct a narrative out of someone's favorite tumblr posts.

Left to right, top to bottom. Confusing for you Easterners, I know.

No, it objectively doesnt.

Even if his paneling didn't make his comic unreadable, his plotlines don't make much sense either.

You only like them for cyborg wifus, because you have terrible taste.

This isn't even one of his bad ones. This one is easy to follow.

The bad ones only started coming right after he got praise for his unorthodox layouts, so he got cocky. He's gotten better since then though.

I'm not sure if you replied to the right post because I don't know how to take your post if you did.

>Life is an entropy pyramid scheme
This still makes me smile.

Yes?

Than paneling is complete and utter garbage, and each frame doesn't follow from the last one.

Both of these are fundamentally important in order to tell a story in a comic format.

He might be an okay artist, but his other flaws make him a completely garbage comic writer/illustrator.

I mean, the fuck is even going on in the one you posted?

The one we are talking about is literally just left-to-right, top-to-bottom. Are you certain you aren't just generalizing?

It's literally a bunch of disconnected squiggly shit with each panel having practically nothing to do with the last. Its a disconnected shitpile of unrelated frames, not a story.

Nobody can even tell what's going on, Diaz.

i wont say hob was good, but it was certainly INTERESTING.

>Diaz is Cuban.

>There are no white Cubans
>And even if there were, White Cubans certainly never had PRIVILEGE

Your post is a bunch of disconnected squiggly lines. That isn't much of an argument.

Agree to disagree? I don't feel like playing connected the dots at this hour.

No.

Your comics are consistently and OBJECTIVELY shit for the two main reasons I mentioned, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Your response only explains why you haven't bothered to improve after all this time.

If the page layout makes sense, I'm certain you'll have no trouble drawing a red line from the first panel to the last highlighting the direction the work is meant to be read.

Yeah he just copied magic cards.

I didn't realise someone holds the copyright on the technological singularity.

Diaz may have an ego big enough to block out the sun but Caveman Science fiction was pretty funny

Floridafag here, because the US government wanted to show up the Castro regime they ensured that Cubans got a much easier time becoming legal residents of the US than pretty much any other foreign nationality and gave them extra benefits for their refuge status, even the ones who came over with lots of money already.
So in the purest sense of the word, Cubans in the US actually did have quite a bit of privilege.

In a way its ironic, as the US wanted to have the Cubans do better here in order to show off the superiority of our free society and capitalist system, and they did it by giving them extra government assistance as unilaterally decided upon by officials.

Anyway, Dresden Codak did what most webcomics did where it was just fine and even pretty clever when it was just doing one-offs with minor continuity. Hob, and the longer story format was the moment that Diaz from being a bit pretentious to having disappeared completely up his own ass.

I liked Hob though. The Earth Mother (future Kimiko), Mediator (Hob), Time Colonists (future humans) dynamic was neat IMHO.

>In a way its ironic

It really isn't. Those that do better generally worked hard for their tax excemptions and other government benefits&handouts.

wow sounds like someone was bitter enough to act like a whiny self hating retard. If only he was as nice a guy as his art then he'd be likeable.

Hob was pure wank.

The only good Diaz comics are his one-page comics. Every time he tries to do a story arc it just turns into waifu wanking and muh future science.

>This is how the average republican justifies their corperate welfare.

There's no accounting for personal taste my guy, but I didn't feel like "Kimiko Ross is killed by evil super-Luddites only to rise from the dead three days later as the cyber-Messiah," was all that great or original. I remember that one time some user on Sup Forums made a joke about the difference between "deep" and "2DEEP4U" is that the former is a complex story told simply, and the latter is a simple story told needlessly complex. Hob was 2DEEP4U made worse by Diaz's bad paneling.

The point is that plenty of other people, including others who fled from dictatorial regimes, work just as hard and don't ever get those benefits, because they didn't come from a place where the CIA repeatedly failed to assassinate their dictator.
I'm going to admit that I may have personal bias at work here though.

She's sexy and posing like that because she wants to be

Look, she has prosthetics, that means she's independent and brave and a positive representation of women and not a sex object fulfilling the author's fantasies

i always wondered what would happen if someone where to make a cartoon out of Dark Science but Diaz has like zero control over it. like he wouldn't even be allowed inside the building. of course he would still be credited as creator and the animators and director would be really really good

I heard the early stuff was better, but this still has terrible panneling.

The super-Luddites were heroic though, user.