Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=2JyXg8Tbm64
youtube.com/watch?v=UKftOH54iNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did we really need another thread about this

well yeah, they are.
Hell I'm on my phone 80% of the day.

I like my phone
I could contact my friends who I never get to see (they also don't fucking check their email as often as they should) and find out new info on the fly.
I can also entertain myself when there's no one to talk to, no where to wander about, or if I'm waiting for something/someone.
It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's convenient.

>Rolf using a smartphone
He'd scream and prattle on about witchcraft and everyone's souls being stolen.
This would culminate in him breaking everyone's phones.

the same point was made in the last thread

What if he wants to contact his old country relatives?

I would unironically watch the shit out of a Pokemon Go episode of Ed Edd n Eddy.

TUT!
WHAT A BUNCH OF NEWFAGGOTS RIGHT?
CAN'T EVEN GET IN TO SEE A THREAD THAT 404'D

Believe it or not Smartphones are by far the biggest invention in the past 10 years. If you were to take any setting pre-2007 and thrust it 10 years in the future the biggest difference you'd see is how much more often people use their phones. Not that people pre-2007 weren't texting away, but its much more integral to our society as television was to the 19th century, and did people back then not make fun of kids gathering around the idiot box?
I picture Rolf seeing a phone the same way a senior would, but would slowly grow accustom to it and find it very useful.

But the eds would just be making up patreon scams, or other gimmicks to fit into the new age.

>Eddy comes up with an idea to use kickstarter to fund a fake jawbreaker company
>they just use the money to buy jawbreakers from the candy store
>People start getting mad about their missing money but Eddy doesn't care
>Until the neighborhood kids start their own kickstarter to pay for the Kanker Girls to harass them
>they think it's funny because they'd do it for free but if people wanna pay them sure
>ends with implied sexual assault

CLASSIC ED EDD AND EDDY

>Greentext satire
>Give them views anyway

>OH NO!
>THE 10 UNIQUE POSTERS IN THIS THREAD ARE GOING TO MONETIZE THIS VIDEO THAT IS AT THE TOP OF PEOPLES RECOMENDED VIEWING LIST AND ALREADY HAS NEARLY 400,000 VIEWS
>SHUT IT DOWN

please remember to hooktube all youtube links

hooktube.com/watch?v=2JyXg8Tbm64

Legit 7/10 episode idea.

>website is nothing but "YEAH FUCK JEWGLE AND THEIR BULLSHIT"
>requires flash to play videos

> did people back then not make fun of kids gathering around the idiot box?

EEnE itself had a few gags where the kids would be zoning out in front of the TV.

>Eddy finds out about the money live streamers on twitch can make
>co-incidentally, because he's fucking poor and autistic, Ed is really good at these obscure old NES games he plays and speedruns relentlessly on his Super Nibendo
>Edd is disgusted by the console plebs but helps them set up the stream and donations
>At first Eddy is frustrated with Ed's wide eyed slack jawed concentration and not playing it up enough for the camera
>but his pinball wizard style vidya feats actually start to garner him viewers
>Ed goes for a WR on a live stream
>Viewer's are super high
>they can taste the jawbreakers
>Sarah rips out the power chord and tells Ed mom said he has to take out the trash
>Ed yanks off his shirt and goes on a chimpout like Caleb Hart
>gets him grounded and his system taken away
>Edd just sighs, puts on his headphones and goes back to playing EVE Online

television didn't exist in the 19th century

Is there a specific name for DD's hat? What's it called? (ie fedora, derby, beret)

What's DD wearing?

and it was tv in the past.

it's a beanie, m8.

Literally every day for the past week. Stop shilling your shitty video for rageviews.

Also remember to steal cable and pirate movies, because nobody should be able to make any money on anything

To be fair, I'm on my phone right now. It's pretty comfy when I'm in bed.

>Until the neighborhood kids start their own kickstarter to pay for the Kanker Girls to harass them
Shit, that would completely upset the dynamic of the cul-de-sac. Any time the Eds get out of line the kids would just pay the Kankers to rape them. They'd be like local militia in a proxy war.

Also, just imagine the type of computer they'd have in that trailer.

Boob lady #455467675 from Capeshit #233445635 has indeed contributed much to our culture. You should prep her bull or something.

I don't own a smartphone. I only have an old Nokia brick, but honestly I believe cellphones as such should be illegal. But normies will and have traded their freedom, privacy and secrets for a like. They enjoy being summoned by their bosses at every moment of the day, they love to be slaves. So let them be slaves and good goys - that's all they're good for.

>Look at me I'm a contrarian hating every popular beliefs.

to be fair, the artist isn't even making money, the video isn't over 10 minutes

>Rolf using a phone
>when he most likely think they are witchcraft or use something archaic from the old country
>Johnny using a phone
>when he would probably avoid them to not make Plank jealous

People in that situation would be fired for not being available anyway.

I swear Sup Forums could be a better writer than most hacks on the industry nowadays

>implying eddy wouldn't try to find a way to twist this to his advantage

I feel like if this were really the case (that kids don't pay attention to anything other than their phone) then Eddy would switch to online scams and get rich.

Yes you are, son. Tell me, how often do you go outside and play?

wow that was impressively boring and unimaginative

even if that show was in a more modern day and shit like that happen that would just mean eddy would try to sell kids phone cases, have double d make a popular app or something else

Pretty said when you have to make cartoons act OOC just to try and make your strawman argument

Coming up with concepts is waaay easier than actualy writting 11 pages of an episode.

>Johnny not having a plank phone case

Also Rolf would never have a phone
Unless it's an old flip phone

fairly accurate.

This is a real problem.

I bet all of the boys are taking pictures of their dicks and sending it to Nazz. Even Plank.

Do you still want your pretentious overrated cartoon to come back Sup Forums?

any dipshit could write a plot ouline. try writing a full episode.

Old landlines still exist

Plank probably has the biggest one tbhfam

Why does the truth make you so angry?

It really wasn't. But whatever excuse your phone enslavement, kiddo. I mean, you are already totally under corporation laws to begin with, why would you listen to those "reason" and "self respect" comments anyway.

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

I dont think rolf and johnny would have one. At the very least Rolf would call it witchcraft.

If anything I could see the beginning of an episode starting like this but eddy would catch on and use the fact that the kids have smartphones to his advantage. The Eds would have been making shitty apps, phone cases, and other accessories for them and trying to sell them off.

check out this fad freaker

>are you stealing Rolf's soul with your film box?
>WHY OF COURSE NOT ROLF

>the kids are still outside
I really get sick of this "any and all cellphone use is inherently bad" it's the same shit as the idiots who hated pokemon go

>Rolf has no need for your devil contraptions
>He follows the way of the shepherd folks with his homing piggy post.
>Is simple Ed boy. First you write message on your homing pig
>Then you pay proper postage, a feeding of 4 husked corn should do the trick
>And lastly you send pig on way with the traditional piggy punt.
>With that swift kick up the pig's backside you can expect a speedy reply by the end on the moon's cycle, yes

Of course Edd plays EVE, it's basically filing taxes in video game form.

How could some older cartoons handle iPhones while still feeling in the style of the show?
>KnD
>Episode is from the adult's perspective
>Mirroring the way the kids become suspicious of anything the adults do, here Mr. Boss becomes convinced that iPhones are a KnD plot of extreme strategic importance
>Hires NightBrace and Spankula (or some other c-lister) to infiltrate Moon base and investigate, and Toilenator begs to come along as well
>There, the villains become increasingly terrified of iPhones, (except NightBrace who is just confused by all this), even though they're implied to be normal
>Meanwhile, there are frequent shots of the kids on moonbase just using them to slack off, much to 362's annoyance
>The villains find some way to destroy them all, 362 catches them... and just half-heartdedly tells them not to before walking away
>Optional final shot implying iPhones really were dangerous to adults, anyway

A sock, duh

Not Jimmy.

>as I post to Sup Forums.org

in all fairness, not even just kids for people in general use their phones way too much these days. I have a brother who lives a state away and every time he visits it seems like he's on his phone at least 30% of the time he's here. like, you'd think being away from your family and only seeing them 3 or 4 times a year would make you want to put the phone down and spend time with them but I guess sucking everyone's cock over the phone is more important. it takes away a lot of the personal aspect of interacting with people. don't get me wrong, I love technology, and I hate interacting with most people and prefer just sitting at home minding my own business here, but when it comes to family, I tend to put down the devices and hang out. its honestly offensive when someone you care about thinks its more useful of their time to talk to people on a screen instead of family or friends. random strangers is another thing, but when family members do it its like, really? you're that addicted to a fucking screen?

>when you're such an autist that the concept of having a job is triggering

Fucking hell dood

Dude, kids of the 90's and 00's were stereotyped to be obsessed with TVs and video games respectively, I don't see what's faulty about making fun of kids being obsessed with phones.

Then again, I do agree that it has been done to death.

It's almost like the average person isn't that interesting to talk to.

>Eddy starts a kickstarter to "make a VR headset"
>The cul-de-sac ponies up for it
>They come to Eddy's front yard to test it for the first time, they're told its in the Booth, which is made in their traditional style of cardboard boxes and a curtain over the door
>Sarah gets first crack at the game, she puts on the cardboard goggles, gloves, and boots
>The gloves and boots are connected by wires to Ed, in a cardboard suit to obscure his identity. The goggles are just cardboard with holes at the eyes, and are fastened to the ceiling so Sarah can only look straight ahead.
>When Sarah moves, the wires move Ed. She's super excited about how "real it is" and how "the character moves just like her" and how "Jimmy has to try this". But then she yanks her arms a bit too hard, Ed's helmet goes askew and she recognizes him.
>She destroys the whole thing and tries to find Eddy, whose run off.
>Kevin says something about dorks
>The cul-de-sac assault Eddy on social media, demanding their kickstarter money back, Eddy makes a vague tweet hinting at unrealistic future features and mentions something a delay for research time or something
>Knock on his door, followed immediately by it being kicked open. Its the Kanker Sisters with hall monitor sashes marked "Internet Police".
>They place the Eddy "under arrest" (tie him up with ethernet cables) then throw Ed and Edd (also already tied up) next to him
>Episode ends in the classic "Eds are shivering and scared because of Kankers" fashion

i know you're being facetious but i really hate this trend of "content creators shouldn't make money no matter what"
the reasoning always boils down to "i don't like what they're making so they should suffer"

THIS. This is acceptable but somehow reading your articles on a phone screen is OMG FUCKING MILLENIALS

In he movie he literally tracked the Eds across the desert by frying an egg on a piece of their destroyed car, I'm pretty sure he can find a way to contact his relatives without a smartphone

I read that in his voice
I heard the pig's squeel

>D00dz, if you like this, remember to SMASH that like button! SMASH it! Let's see if we can get it to 20 thousand likes! Hit the bell to become part of the #notificationsquad! Contribute to my Patreon where you can pay me thousands of dollars a month for two minutes of content a year! This video has been sponsored by Blue Apron for some reason, here's a coupon code for $1 off your first purchase!
Youtube is cancer.

>Eddy finds out you can order 1000s of counterfeit jawbreakers from China for cheap

>all of them are laced with industrial solvent, half are just ping pong balls

never liked this show and i cant understand Sup Forumss obsession with it

Are you serious? Kids watched TV all the time before phones, and when they got bored they went outside, that's a fact. If a kid didn't want to go outside, they wouldn't. The reverse is also true.

>KIDS ARE ON THEIR PHOOOONES ALL THE TIME
Are you implying it's not true?

It's a show that people with friends can understand, something you didn't have and never will because of you being an unlikeable cunt

>Kevin says something about dorks

Well, the quota has been met for the episode. Time to write the next.

This shit is so out of character. Here is my pitch
>Sarah and Jimmy watch kids stuff because they are the youngest.
>The Eddy will find a way to capitalize on the tech business with Double D's help
>Ed shitposts on Sup Forums
>Rolf will have no clue what the fuck a phone is and probably thinks that it's cursed
>Kevin and Nazz will send pictures of themselves going to chad level parties
>Kankers send nudes on kik
>Johnny hates the cell phones and with Plank's help will attempt to destroy everyone's phones pushing an age of Primo-Anarchism

>The Eds see a kickstarter about a start up candy company
"Hey we can do that!"
>They try to start one up
>No credit card, no Paypall
>decide to use a coin jar on the street
>Kevin comes over to jar
"Dorks"
>leaves
>Sarah, Johnny, and Jimmy get into it
>each tip a quarter
"I think we should make a prototype before we spend the money"
>Makes a cell phone
>Just a cardboard box with a cut out comic page taped on it
>they spend the money
>Kevin comes back because Sarah Jimmy and Johnny didn't get any updates for the rest of the day
"Dorks"
>The eds get beat up, Kevin gives the jawbreakers to the kids

Ed would probably be shitposting on /x/, not Sup Forums.

That single guy in the back not reading a paper looks very uncomfortable.
>I wish I was at home listening to my radio
>I bet these guys don't even electronic talk shows and classic music for classic guys
>this train is too loud
>my butt hurts
>I'm hungry

My 50-something year old mother spends more time on her smartphone than any kid I've ever met. It really is a person by person thing, not millennial specific.

>what are carrier pigeons

>Those normal sound effects
Some one fetch me The Hat of Discipline.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKftOH54iNU

>Edd and Eddy go over to Ed's house.
>Ed's being harassed by Sarah, as usual.
>She's bullying him out of his allowance/lunch money so she can buy something on her phone.
>Ed tells Edd and Eddy about the game she's addicted to.
>Edd downloads the game on his phone to see what it is, Eddy look over his shoulder.
>It's some basic-ass, free shovelware game. Eddy doesn't know what the big deal is.
>Suddenly a pop-up shows up telling Edd he's run out of lives, and has to pay $1.99 for more "tokens," or wait for one day if he wants to keep playing.
>Eddy gets angry, complaining about how much of a rip-off it is.
>Then Eddy suddenly realizes how genius it is, to lure people in on the prospect of something free, then charging them for more.
>Ed, Edd, and Eddy spend all night making up some sweet-ass scam in the Lane or the construction site or something. Something a little basic, but pretty fun, and something the kids would enjoy.
>Eddy advertises their new, FREE scam on his traffic-cone megaphone. The kids are skeptical, think Eddy's finally lost his mind, but figure that if it's free, it can't hurt.
>They enjoy it, actually, and want to go again.
>Eddy stops them, and says there's quite a waiting period to go again, considering it's free and everyone wants a part of it.
>But for a nominal fee of 25¢, they can "cut in line."
>The kids are angry at first, but they like it so they pay.
>Every time they go again, Eddy charges them more and more. Eventually he's getting full dollars out of single plays.
>It's the single most successful scam Eddy's had with yet.
>He's about to go to the store and buy "a whole lifetime's worth of jawbreakers."
>The coin jar's empty.
>Edd's been stealing the funds to pay for his smartphone game addiction.

Not really. You can't take your tv with you everywhere.

that would make for a fun episode

Hey leave blue apron out of this, they're innocent in all this.

All they want to do is deliver fine fresh ingredients right to your door

>implying it's not true

Only thing worst that being one try hard edgy, is being one try hard contrarian

Kids don't play outside anymore, and that's pretty much common sense.

ennnn got me

>My 50-something year old mother
pfftt hahaha AHAHAHAHAHA
the absolute fucking state of this board

I see kids outside my driveway every time I drive off to work in the afternoon.

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

>the boys try to start a YT channel
>they want to go viral for that youtube money
>they all attempt replicating dumb videos and challenges with disastrous results
>Plank's vlogs have millions of views

Ed Edd n Eddy woudn't even be possible now.

My sister, in all 3 cities we've lived in now, does not just go outside like I remember. Our mom has to setup playdates for her that I then have to drive her to eventhough all these kids live max 3 blocks apart.

I could see a college ed edd n eddy though, but nobody really wants that. Maybe something actually new?

>Kids are on their phones all the time
They are. I am willing to admit most kids are on the phone too much just like I am on Sup Forums too much. Children shouldn't be connected to the internet until age 10 at least.

honestly this was one of the things i loved the most about ed edd n eddy. it managed to capture this sense of i guess modern timelessness. the eds never had to save up to buy a state of the art video game console, they never had cell phones, they still had big box tv's, and there were almost no references to pop culture, events or trends that could place a date on it. anyone from any time could like ed edd n eddy and that's something i've seen few cartoons accomplish. ed edd n eddy will never have dated humor, even though a lot of kids are on their phones now, there will always be kids who play outside.

Except you couldn't watch TV all the time while at outside. TV had it's issues and I am not saying smart phones aren't amazing but a lot of kids are missing out on exercise and genuine childhood experiences because they can take their phones everywhere.

>They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise

Says the, respectable, obedient, sportsman, Sup Forums user

>comparing shitty city life with suburban living

>until age 10 at least.
it's personal experience but my niece got a smartphone at 12 and basically stopped doing anything else nearly instantly. with TV kids could do other things, even if it was just reading a comic book or drawing. phones however takes the whole attention.