Rulers who are completely out of touch

>trying to convince his daughter to stay on the Island
>gives the incredibly vague argument "consider the coconut"
>Villagers respond with "The What?" in an attempt to set him up to explain why that's a reason to stay on the island
>He just ignores them and asks her to consider another part of the same planet
>Villagers have to explain why the coconut is appealing
How is a man so terrible at reading the people and their motivations even a chief?

This must be a hereditary position. He didn't have the talent needed to manage the tribe in a crisis, so now he's floundering.

couldn't the people just like, actually peg him with a spear when they have to throw spears at him, tho?

Who's to say his successor will be any better? Heck, he might even be more unsuitable, or even just straight up corrupt.

don't forget the big one:
>Allows his personal phobias to dominate major decision making

CONSIDER

>"The Island gives us what we need"
>Island stops providing because disease
>Daughter wants to leave and solve the problem
>"NO ONE LEAVES"

The Hey-Hey of Chiefs

He was paranoid about her leaving since the Ocean killed his brother, but that needed to happen so he'd become paranoid and controlling to begin with, which would push Moana to actually go and restore the heart

Is the ocean the master of the keikaku?

Bullshit. Moana would have done it anyway.

>tfw the Ocean was the villain all along

I dunno what was the tribal method of dealing with incompetent rulers

Not that I'm complaining. It makes sense for his character.

a veritable "prince of Egypt", truly

>Nation in crisis
>Parties for days
>Less competent that a 14yo foreigner

I mean, you could honestly put the whole Butterfly family on here, considering how poor their citizens are and how extravagantly wealthy they are

>Thought Scar would have his back.

It's honestly crazy he couldn't tell his brother was evil

As Scar explains it to Mufasa's face
>Well, as far as brains go, I got the lion's share. But, when it comes to brute strength...I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool.

>clever girl...

I'm sure she would count because she is the team leader

>Has access to an ancient and unmeasurable power through the Enchantress
>Keeps the only thing controlling her in a briefcase with no lock
>leaves the briefcase alone while she sleeps
>Enchantress takes it
>decides to get it back by sending in a group of regular people that can fight decently and a pacifist

user did you miss the fact that the Enchantress couldn't not get near the briefcase without it exploding?
>decides to get it back by sending in a group of regular people that can fight decently and a pacifist
Right you didn't even watch the movie

Harlie Quinn has a baseball bat. Slipknot has ropes. Captain Boomerang. I guess Killer Croc might be able to do something????????? And Deadshot has guns

Besides, if El Diablo didn't put aside his pacifism the team would have all died.

>decides to get it back
Now please stop being stupid.

I want a story where it's obvious to everyone who the "evil" twin is based on their design, and they treat them as such.

Except they're totally normal.

There was a Treehouse of Horror that did something similar to that, if I recall correctly.

In a primitive society the only thing that keep the law legitimate is tradition, if the position is hereditary then they must keep things this way.

>When your autistic daughter won't stop going towards the water

>I've been staring at the edge of the water
>'Long as I can remember, never really knowing why

Ditto Futurama

YOU'RE WELCOME

Keep in mind, the sea was shown to be able to carry the stone on it's own many times, and all you had to do was stick it into a hole.

The sea could do this on it's own.

The sea also prevented Maui from doing this.

The sea wanted Moana, who had no experience doing anything and nearly drowned multiple times, to do it instead for some weird reason.

The sea is at bare minimum a fucking jerk.

Have you seen Maui's hands? Clearly, the sea selected Moana for her fine motor skills and ability to get the Heart into the hole and then actually get her fingers back OUT again.

is this coconut posting or something?

I swear this is like the 5th moana Coconut thread Ive seen this week

You mean Maui-posting?

It's one of the dumbest songs I've heard on a major movie. Meme worthy on it's retarded lyrics alone.

these coconuts threads are posted in spurts
if you read them, it's gonna hurt

>Consider this user
>This WHAT?
>Consider his post!
>He uses no parts of his brain to post
>And that's all he needs

DK
DONKEY KONG IS HERE

>He didn't consider the coconut
Damn shame

Coconut, make way, make way
Coconut, it's time you knew
The village of Coconut is all you need
The coconut are practicing
They dance to an ancient coconut

Who needs a new coconut?
This old one is all we need

This coconut is our mission
And coconut
There is so much to do

CK
Coko Nut!

I liked how Moana was betrayed and attacked by the same coconuts she idolizes later in the film. Thematically, it highlighted the self-destructive tendencies of her father's isolationist policies.

Forgot the illustration of my point.

I agree. Some people say the scene didn't have a purpose but it's literally symbolizing her getting fucked over, then overcoming her dads indoctrinating rules

Walking with Dinosaurs was educational kino

The ocean could have, but it needed to repair the overall damage. Humans were afraid to go out to sea, Maui was too busy being an asshole to pull up any more islands for them to find, and the goddess was pissy because of the whole "stolen heart" thing. The ocean had a plan.
>find a human who loves the ocean but has no experience sailing
>inexperienced human will be forced to seek out Maui for help sailing
>Maui gets to go on a character building journey
>Maui and the human return the heart, so the goddess forgives them
>human returns home and explains the whole situation, so the other humans know the ocean is safe again
Just as keikaku

That's a fair point, but have you considered the coconut?

Have you considered the tree?

He probably knew Scar was jealous of his position but didn't think he would actually kill him and probably had no idea he was hanging with hyenas.

The WHAT?

In a primitive society strength is law.
You either accept he is correct or argue against a punch to the mouth.

>He's got it in for me, but he'll never succeed
>Wait what he's doing this NOW?

THE COCONUT