Comic sales dying

>comic sales dying
>movie sales dying
>adults losing interest in cartoons
>kids watch only one or two cartoons
>videogames slowly fading out of relevance
>literature has stagnated
>music is so so

...what ARE people doing nowadays? Everything I hear is about how everything is losing sales, so what ARE people doing? Is Escapism dying out?

Illegally downloading so their consumption of media is not going to be registered.

Do normal people really pirate that much?

People have less money to spend because everything keeps getting more expensive while jobs are harder to come by and wages aren't increasing. Couple that with the fact that it's trivial to just download any comic, movie, cartoon, video game, book, or movie you want for free, and there's very little incentive for people to spend what little money they have on something they could get for free with a few clicks.

Lets Plays

Painkillers.

Okay, but what ARE they doing to kill time?

When all it takes is google searching "so-and-so download" or "so-and-so stream" and the first result will take you to an easy to download link, yes.

i wouldnt say videogames are slowly fading out of relevance

but cartoons are definitely falling out of favor, sadly

this too
im a poor college student
why would i fork out sums of money to purchase something that i can get for free without consequence?

Watching movies, playing video games, reading, listening to music, etc.

They're just not paying for it, because we live in an age where there's a never ending flood of free entertainment.

Shitposting on Laotian flipnote reviewing websites. Why else has this place gone to shit and gotten so political?

Streaming at home or on their mobile.

False.

No.

Where did you get this information?

You're asking that question on the answer itself.

They actually do. They are the ones who refuse to waste their money on this kind of things.

Netflix.

>but cartoons are definitely falling out of favor, sadly
>not just CN just fucking up the scheduale
Topkek

Close, but not quite. The economy has taken away both time AND money, so people have little free time to spend even on "free" media.

(Thanks, capitalism!)

Netflix
Facebook

This, I don't pirate, but I do tend to play one video game for large amounts of time. I also buy a video game based on what will take a long time to play. I can't really go around buying a lot.

Also, our local movie theater closed down because the movie industry is made of dicks. They kept changing the gear needed to display movies from one proprietary system to another. Each more expensive than before. Our smaller place couldn't keep up and closed down. Now you have to drive an hour or more to go see a movie in a theater. You could always buy once they hit DVD, but that's offputting now that rental services are no longer a thing.

No comic stores for similar reasons. Industry got hostile so the stores just aren't in smaller towns like mine.