How hard is it to permanently delete emails?

I'm a computer newb that doesn't want to get pwnd in the future for emails of the past. How hard is it to permanently delete an email?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6j3Nxhxjk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

impossible

You need to "acid wash" the "cyber" out of the servers. I believe this is called "cyber warfare". You're welcome, bigly.

Why did he try to grab that eagle by the pussy?

impossible, if you do not own the server

Work for the NSA

LE DELETE SYSTEM 32 Xdddddddddd

impossibru

XKeyscore

You are not welcome here, Hillary.

y wouldnt he

It's extremely easy to clear out your own hard drive thoroughly, but that doesn't help if the data has been retained at other servers along the way, or if the NSA has already made copies of it.

Same way you permanently delete any other file, delete it and then overwrite the hard drive sectors were the data was.

You can in principle undo this operation. This is why you need to physically destroy the disk.

just send them using Incognito from now on, so they won't be tracked.

>You can in principle undo this operation
If you overwrite a drive a few times with random data, there's no way in hell you're going to be able to recover intact usable data from before.

The whole "you can never actually erase anything" thing is just a meme scare tactic.

Here comes the WEINER!
Watch : m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6j3Nxhxjk

Why do I feel like I just got Weiner-Rolled? Is it too late for the election to make weiner-rolling a thing? fake links to pics of his erection?

"Hmm what does this delete button do?"

"Maybe I should press it again since my emails are in the trash? Maybe it will undo it!"

You can't unless you host your own server, and even then there's a very high probability that your shit got / is getting MITM'd by any number of (((intelligence agencies))) and/or private blackhats interested in whatever it is you're so worried about erasing.

Infosec is a yuuuge clusterfuck post-2010, your best bet is identity management rather than straight up systems hardening, though obviously the more you can do of both the more secure you'll be.

Its good practice to have separate dedicated machines on separate networks for different use cases, with nothing personally identifiable on any one of them, clever use of real sounding aliases, oldschool handles, routing, and counter-fingerprinting also helps, keeping in mind that pattern analysis is also a thing to watch out for.

But all of that assumes a functional understanding of how systems, networks, and services work on a technical level which you've admitted to not having, so you're kinda fucked my dude.

>t. high af network engineer

this

Easy...you will just have to find a way to destroy this place.

if they're on a server that you do not own, you can't. if they're local only, you can overwrite data beyond recovery using software that runs encryption algorithms over the HDD. The US government, military, univerisities and other agencies use BCWipe to do this.

shred -u *

>network
he is mem talking
Just rent dedicated server (or have one in basement) use gpg.
It's realy easy to use docker smtp server. i deploy docker smtp in literally 15 minutes with domain

And don't use cloudflare

send them to me pham I'll make sure those pesky emails get deleted hardcore, I'll d-strip the cyber cache and brick the composite metas and everything

>impossible
this

NSA has them, unless you weren't a nigger in the first place and used encryption

it's not hard at all
but there are two copies of every email, you can only delete your half

if its an email, its been copied at least a dozen times before it even reached the end destination.

you can never delete something that has been sent.

if you dont want a history of something being sent or said, dont say it or send it.

someone somewhere is taking notes of everything.

I am the person in charge of administering the server that is known as the Mariana's Web.

I can tell you for a fact that if it ever went on the Internet, it is stored on the Mariana's Web. We have all of Hillary's e-mails and have found evidence of treason, extortion, etc.--basically, things no elected official should ever do.

I will not, however, release this information, because doing so will cause the United States government to seize my servers and obtain all of the other information contained on the Mariana's Web, which is invaluable to me and the other 200 or so people who have access to the Mariana's Web.

Protip: NEVER us e-mail....

About 30 places record it before you get it.....

What do they mean when they say they found emails on a device? Copies of emails saved to the device or what?

When I send an email where is saved? Just in the cloud or on every device linked to my account? I don't get how they couldn't find all the emails they want. Seems like they didn't look hard enough.

pretty sure a an industrial grade shredder will do the trick

take your shreddings, set them on fire, and dump them in the middle of the pacific ocean if you want to be sure

Need NSA and CNN permission first

NSA could be saving a lot of email.

This may be the issue with Hillary. They have the deleted emails, but they don't want to admit it, because they probably have everybody else's too.

>but there are two copies of every email
aaaaaand the one on the host server. Do you use gmail? I guarantee they have a copy of everything you've "deleted". The trash is never really empty.

>I'm a computer newb that doesn't want to get pwnd in the future for emails of the past. How hard is it to permanently delete an email?

IT pro here.

It's pretty tough, it depends how you send and recieve email. If you own your own exchange server (like hillary), half the problem is gone. Becasue you can secury erase the server and destroy the physical media (hard drives/backups)

However, as I said, this is HALF the problem. The other half is EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU SENT AN EMAIL TO. You will have to do the same to them as well, and pray they don't own an iphone, because apple copies all documents that you receive on your phone (including emails. why do you think the FBI has been so keen to get into apple?)

Give it up Hillary. We know you went to Reddit first and pedes failed you. You will get no love from /pol... Should have tried here first..

at least you would have known a little while back you were screwed.

As hard as perminately deleting any file. It can't be done by acident. When you delete a file, technically it is still there, but the space is marked as open. So without physically destroying the disc, you would have to write to the space a couple hundred times to be sure it was gone.