Temporarily take a break from comics to read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

>temporarily take a break from comics to read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
>come back to my DC backlog and everything else pales in comparison

why is this? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is legitimately the best manga / comic running today with the strongest content and most genuinely original and exciting abilities (Stands) that make the old super heroes with super strength and laser eyes pale in comparison.

Going back to Superman and Batman, all I can think of are Stands and how I'd rather be reading JoJo. Alright great, Superman saves the day again, great! For the 1 millionth time that's great! But it's not new, it's not fresh, and it isn't imbued with a sense of genuine inspiration like JoJo is.

Where were you when JoJo surpassed all other stories in the comics medium?

And with one post, JoJofags have ascended into the most obnoxious fandom in existence. Congratulations.

go read the british invasion era stuff

I'm not wrong. Stands are limitless thus the possibilities for different encounters and new villains / characters is infinite.

Let's also not forget these are often self-contained stories, where as over 960 volumes of Detective Comics tends to get pretty old after a while.

agreed.
I need to read parts 7 and get into part 8, I've been on a break since I finished Stone Ocean a few months ago

Aragi is a fucking genius

>960 volumes
issues.
960 issues

Oh shit boy parts 7&8 are the best parts, get on it.

Okay but why you be reading cape my man?

You are wrong. Stands are not anymore "limitless" than the concepts of other powers, they're just a blanket explanation for why characters have powers, which has been done before.

>these are often self-contained stories
And so are Detective Comics. There isn't one 960 issue long storyline that's been going on. Almost every story in there is either a one-off or part of a storyline that's no more than usually 4-5 issues.

You sound like you don't actually read many comics if any at all and are just here to stir up shit and wank yourself off to JoJo.

>its gets better than based Kira
>its gets better that based Jolyene
fug
I'm hype

Actually, the main reason I'm on a break is because It seems I didn't download part 7 when I got parts 1-3
I didn't read any of parts 1-4, I watched the manga, I was going to go back and read them thoroughly, but the anime is pretty faithful, I dont think I need to

If JJBA is such a great manga, why doesn't it have its own Sup Forums board?

Comics - 1
Animals - 0

>You are wrong. Stands are not anymore "limitless" than the concepts of other powers, they're just a blanket explanation for why characters have powers, which has been done before.
I disagree, the mechanics of stands aren't really something explored or utilized at all in western cape media.

Superheros have powers, Jojo characters have stands, and those stands have powers.
its a slight difference, but it can go along away

Jolyne is best girl

i grew up with cape and it's what i've always known and loved until I decided to give JoJo a try, and now everything else -- and i mean damn near everything else -- just feels bland.

Traditional super hero comics CANNOT compete with the concept of "Stands", they just can't.

1. Manga serialization, even if it can go on forever, will often start out with a phase where the manga has a plot and a end.

2. Manga will often end or get axed. So instead of 900+ issues of Detective Comics + rehashes + recycled plot

3. Manga is more comparable to oneshots than ongoing series. Once something is allowed to go on for too long, characters will stop dying and plot will stop advancing

4. Jojo hit the golden gooze, by allowing each new part of the adventure, to be different. So unlike something like Naruto, each part is around 200 chapters each, meaning they are fresh and are allowed to kill off characters/concepts properly.

5. There is still stuff like Elseworld(extremely long oneshots), Miracleman and other stuff, where Comics get treated as oneshots, instead of perpetual reboots. Its also sorta the reason why DC/MARVEL Cinematic universe is good, even if its planned movie arc by movie arc

tl:dr DC/Marvel is terrible because they keep their shit alive, for ages. So instead of continuety, its more like a set of reboots. And because its a set of reboots, suddenly you can't do a lot of shit even in more original stuff.
There is a reason MARVEL really liked their Darker and Gritter universe reboot, even if it was killed by catching up to the cycle, and then practically killed off page for a new fun "event"

>Almost every story in there is either a one-off or part of a storyline that's no more than usually 4-5 issues.

That's my point. It's the same character / batch of characters for over 960 issues doing the same things over and over again.

JoJo has arcs where they're not afraid to kill off characters. I get it, the medium is different in the sense that western comics make a bulk of their money on image and keeping that image favorable to consumers that want to read Batman fight the Joker for the 1,000,000th time, or Superman fight Zod for the 999,999th time.

Meanwhile in JoJo you have different stories, characters, and stands that all have unique abilities. Where else in comics do you have a guy whose power is a magic fishing pole named "Beach Boy"? Where else in comics do you have a guy with a power called "Grateful Dead" that forces everyone within a certain radius to rapidly age unless they can keep their bodies cool with water? Where else do you have a power called "Whitesnake" that can take people's Stands and memories in the form of compact DISCs? Where else do you have a power called "Killer Queen" that has an ability called "Killer Queen Bites the Dust" that can create a time loop unbeknownst to the user himself?

You don't have any of these things in super hero comics, and that's part of the problem. The same stories, the same heroes, fighting the same villains.

you people do really hate when someone tells them their thing is better than your thing, do you have some inferiority complex based on funny pages? grow a pair or something.

Because Araki has freedom and knows how to use it.
He's not trying to shoehorn any of his personal politics into anything, and he's not beholden to any corporate overlords as marvel, (they still stopped him from making Joylene gay). In turn, Araki just writes what he thinks is cool. There's no reason for stands to be named after western music, but Araki thought it was cool so he did it, and it created one of the most recognizable aspects of the series.
It also helps that the series is so heavily inspired by western culture, which means it's easier for non-japfags and animefags to get into.

With my hero academia,berserk and now jojo anyone else getting tired of the same stuff all the time,if you wanna recommend jojo go to a rec thread wanna discuss it go an Sup Forums and wait for the next jojolion chapter the manga spam is getting as repetitive as trope threads

Also part 6 sucked

That part of each iteration of Jojo, where Araki do not yet have planned to plot, so its just a lot of cool fashioable scenes, information and police murder
Its so good.
And then they suddenly have a plot, which it do follow, another 150 chapters. Its great.

You could start with adding

>the ending of part 6 triggered him
LITERALLY the best arch after Part 7

>and he's not beholden to any corporate overlords as marvel,
He is beholden and subject to appeasing Suisha/JUMP and editors, he just has MORE freedom, because ithe characters are his intellectual property more so than any writer at marvel or DC

Start what?

>>he liked the slow start with jotaro
>>he liked the dull stand battles
>>literally the second worst supporting cast since part 2 only foo fighters is worth a damn
>>he liked muh daddy issues
>>he didnt think the flashbacks were needlessly prolonged

The ending was decent,better than part 5,Pucci was great,jolyne became great but every other part has a stronger start and better cast

I see where you're coming from but Stands are a little bit more for an explanation of powers, they could be anything from a part of your body to an entire teammate to work with. Or it could be the arena you're fighting in or the vehicle you're using to travel. The only requirement is that 1 human has 1 stand. So when stands from there have a special power, you really do get an insane amount of possibilities to work with, without having to write new characters or change the story. You can just create an excellent enemy, and place him into the story you're already writing.

Part 6 was a mix of some really great stuff (the setting, Joylene, Pucci, some of the fights) and some really bad stuff (Dragon's Dream, YoYo Ma, Annasui)

>>slow start with Jotaro
>world building and slowly revealing Jolyne's stand to flesh out the story is a "slow start"

That's right, I forgot I'm talking to people who want their stories condensed down to 30 pages with explosions in every other panel.

>>he liked the dull stand battles
there weren't any. Even the first fight between Jolyne and Goo Goo Dolls was good because Jolyne did not understand the extent of her powers.

>>literally the second worst supporting cast since part 2 only foo fighters is worth a damn
this is the only one where you even remotely have a good point because there were some shitty characters, but the few bad characters pales in comparison to how many good characters there were. Emporio Alnino, Ermes Costello, Highway to Hell, Foo Fighters, and Narciso Anasui are all great. Even the villains are great like Pucci -- the strongest villain besides DIO.

>>he liked muh daddy issues
wut? you clearly didn't read the manga if this is the impression you got from Stone Ocean.

>>he didnt think the flashbacks were needlessly prolonged
>anything NOT being prolonged in a weekly manga series
YOU FUCKED UP

Ya know I would like to see a story about an older shizuka joestar and her stand Achtung Baby

Don't spoil part 9 please

Thats a lame excuse when previose parts like part 5 established DIOs son was an abused kid who wants to be a gangstar far quicker,part 3 established more world building with stands better every other part does there introduction better than 6

>things I'm reading that hold up against JoJo
All of Young Animal
Deathstroke
Gwenpool
Nightwing

I think that's it
My Hero Academia has been pretty good so far too
I haven't kept up with One Punch Man

He dies. Dio kills him. I don't actually read JoJo.

>Part 9 goes back to the man unierse post reset
>Jospeh is still alive in present day new york
I do wonder if Irene and reset Jotaro are still joestars

The manga is way better than the anime dude
The world needs more Joseph

That's been a thing for a long while now.

>Thats a lame excuse when previose parts like part 5 established DIOs son was an abused kid who wants to be a gangstar far quicker
the set up to Stone Ocean is legitimately not any longer than Part 5. Jolyne gets framed for murder, Jolyne goes to court and refuses to say what actually happened, Jolyne goes to jail and you find out it was all a set-up.

That LITERALLY happens in the first couple chapters of Part 6.

>part 3 established more world building with stands better every other part does there introduction better than 6
This may come down to preference of story, but I feel Stone Ocean did a significantly better job at world building by virtue of them being in one location throughout the entire story and being a story about the cast of characters in prison with Jolyne including a boy on roller skates who has a hidden room he can gain access to through a wall.

read more manga
sincerely, your comr/a/de

why would they stop him from making a girl gay? don't the japs love yuri?

I'm glad I got to enjoy the manga before the fanbase got this fucking unsufferable.
JoJo is basically a normalfag thing now.

They didn't let Lisa Lisa in part 2 be cool either. Most of the readers were boys at the time.
They only let him have a female Jojo until part 6 after all.
Anasui was supposed to be a girl at first.

>O MY STAND NEN
>DA WALDO XDD

>how other people feel about comics directly impacts my appreciation for them
neck yourself

but Sup Forums has shit taste, when's the last time y'all had a berserk thread?

The memes are bad but Jojo's absolutely deserves the same recognition in america that it gets in japan.

Only after you take your circlejerk threads back to Sup Forums

about every other day, AT LEAST. you clearly aren't frequenting Sup Forums. just start exploring. i made the same passage from Sup Forums to Sup Forums.

>you're not allowed to discuss the disparity in creativity between American comics and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
uh no, fuck off, babby

>you're not allowed to discuss the disparity in creativity between American comics and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Are we in the same thread? And there is no diffrence in the level of creativity. You just need to read more of both comics and manga before shitposting under the guise of legitimate discussion.

So could Diavolo use King Crimson/Epitaph to see Jotaro stop time or will he only see jotaro after time has been stopped

I was in high-school. It's not our fault you're 10 years behind everyone else.

>but Sup Forums has shit taste, when's the last time y'all had a berserk thread?
Jesus Christ you need to go b/a/ck. There are hundreds of JoJo and Berserk threads. You're just pissy because Sup Forums mods do their jobs.

Sup Forums could do with becoming a 1:1 clone of Sup Forums. If you disagree, tumblr is to your left on the way out.

>DIO has a bow and arrow that can make stand users
>decides to use it on an orangutan
Fucking why

50 / 11 / 23 / 2
This is an Sup Forums bait thread than even a kid can make, and you all taked it

because you're a faggot

he didn't know how to write a female character until he married his wife

>It's an "All comics are capeshit" episode

Nice

Back to Sup Forums or wherever the fuck you came from

Why the fuck can't mods to their goddamn job? I mean, I get the Netflix Saint Seiya thread because it's in kind of a nebulous area, but why the fuck are Jojo and BNHA threads allowed here?

Look fucker I have good taste. I've my favorite comic; Watchmen (1987) by Alan Moore, book; L'Étranger (1942) (it's french btw) by Albert Camus, I watch good classic cartoons like Tom and Jerry and Micky Mouse. I've read every book in the /lit/ meme trilogy and am pursuing a MFA at a prestigious school for English in my area. I lift three times a week and can almost squat 3plates. I'm sooo sorry I got your shitty little comic books name wrong. Not. I couldn't give a damn what you think. I am superior to you. I bang my 17 year old gf, that's right age of consent is 17 here in Texas, all day when she gets out of school.

Yeah I'm arrogant, but who wouldn't be if they were me?