The future of comics, huh

The future of comics, huh...

So hetero.

Rly maeks u fink

Oh no, the faggy centaur lost his horse legs.
Now, he's not a centaur anymore. His life's ruined.

centaur boi is cute, what's the problem

The art is pretty nice but the characters fall under that LGBT comic thing of everyone being fucking sensitive about everything despite no one actually being hateful or oppressive in the world setting.

>The art is pretty nice
No

To be fair, it also means he lost his majestic horse cock.

Yeah? I got lazier in the second issue but it works with the vibe they're going for.

Just because you don't like a style doesn't mean it's not well done, friendo.

I think Jack Kirby's art is ugly as fuck but I can recognize he was instrumental in building comics as we know them.

That's because you clearly know fucking nothing.

Everyone looks like a fucking dough ball.

Potato! Potato!

Not to mention all but one panel lacks any background detail

nah nigga, nah.
the mexican minotaur guy is far more cuter than that four legged fag.

it's pretty decent, especially when compared to some fantagraphics or DnQ comics that are so sloppily drawn they look like the page was done in an hour

sometimes plain colour backgrounds work better. It's less distracting when the setting isn't that important or was very plainly established previously. Tons of comics do this. Or have you only read capeshit?

Now I realize the faggot was bottomless the entire time.
And he was a waiter at a cafe. Serving food to other people. With his cock, balls and ass open in the air.

>The future of comics
says who?

of course, a side of cock and balls with ever dish of fries

That's why I said it got lazier. The first issue did better. I assume this is the artist's first professional comic and they're a little overwhelmed; not knowing how hard the schedule would probably be.

>Everyone looks like a fucking dough ball.

And? most cape comic characters have high unrealistic proportions. As long as it's consistent and logical in it's own style it's fine.

Also helps that OP skipped the establishing shots.

I would personally accuse a person for being a capeshit reader when they accept a page being nothing but plain color backgrounds

The ones who made the comic.

That's the logo for the company.

My bad. I only saw the logo on this issue.
Still, the comic itself is shit.

Nobody says that. Also, there's nothing wrong with the pages you posted.

An annoyingly transgendered werewolf, a gay centaur, and a black girl.

Truly, these are the heroes of our time.

A latina transgendered werewolf.
Or latinx as the kids are saying. If they can pronounce it.

>Also helps that OP skipped the establishing shots.
Oh wow, look at those buildings.
So much effort.

>simple is bad
nice meme. Nothing about comics says everything needs to be realistic. That would wreck some comics like Calvin and Hobbs

I thought this was doing shitty?

I already said it was lazy what do you want me to say? I still like the style. Given practice the artist could be a great artist for light kid/teen books.

Like this one is.

If they got on a cape comic then I'd raise an eyebrow.

How do you fit a centaur in a cab?

take out the back seat? He's more pony size and this is a van taxi. Should be able to work

>>simple is bad
I never said that.
I'm not trashing the art because it's simple.
I'm trashing the art because it's shit.

Also, simplicity it's good, but, you know, it also has to be APPEALING.

>it also has to be APPEALING.
no it doesn't

People keep asking this like it's a gotcha question. He's not the size of a horse. You never had a big dog before?

> it also has to be APPEALING.

Yeah yeah they're not fappable so it's not "appealing". Go home kid.

Just imagine being a centaur, roaming the city without pants, letting your junk hang in the open, its scent free to stagnate in the air around you. Imagine finding somebody cute and giving them a tease on the subway by letting your dick extend from its sheath and hanging flaccid in the aisle, within their line of sight so that they can't help but glance.

>Yeah yeah they're not fappable so it's not "appealing".
>Fapeable and appealing are the same thing.
Damn, did you just hit yourself in the head or something?
Better take a break from the computer, user. You better not strain that little damaged brain of yours.

But look how short you had to make his torso to make him fit. Look at , even if you cut his legs off he's still nearly as tall as the brown girl.

user....

I have no idea what kind of argument you're trying to make with that image, user.

Aww Bless your heart user. It's ok you don't know about character design to know round is the most appealing shape and often used to make people comfortable.

You're to blame for not explaining your point of view.

At any rate I'm tired of defending this comic, I don't like the plot but the artist has potential. Have fun.

Horses have bendable spines.

you were trying to say the centaur wouldn't fit cause with folded legs he was still too tall. But you clearly don't know how horses lay down. They lay down and lift their neck, so his torso would be the part sticking up, not the entire body. Which means it would easily fit in a van.

also, horses laying down are adorable

Holy shit something of fucking consequence happening in this story. Color me impressed.

Still doesn't make up for that bs vague-because we-can't-think-of-specifics prophecy and SOL shit in the first book.

Now...how are they going to fuck this up?

Are you saying the human part of a centaur also has a bendable spine?

She's pretty hot

>his torso would be the part sticking up, not the entire body
His torso is sticking out of the top of his horse body, user. If you're suggesting he lean forward, he'd be too long to fit - he's already as long as a person sitting with their legs stretched in front of them.

In order for a consequence to be effective, talking in storytelling terms, you have to:
1.- Understand the situation.
2.- Care about the characters and their actions.

The magic trick show bullshit came out of nowhere and the gay centaur barely has any character at all (other than acting all faggy).

So, it's not even a real consequence. It has no weight at all.

It doesn't even work as a plot twist, since the whole thing was spoiled in the third cover, which was released before the first issue was even released.

Isn't this done by the kids that had a meltdown about Chaykin & DSOH?

Jesus user, how do you read comics if you still can't understand pictures. When a horse lays down it's neck starts 1-2 feet above the ground, which is where a chair starts. Are you saying a person's torso doesn't fit when it's propped up by a seat?

>everyone being fucking sensitive about everything despite no one actually being hateful or oppressive in the world setting.

Like walking into a campus.

I'm not sure what you're looking at but the "bendy" part of the spine is the spine connecting to the horse's neck. The centaur would have to have two separate spines.

Everyone is so fucking pussified in those page that I wanna bully them all.

I hope you aren't implying robert crumb is good

>Are you saying a person's torso doesn't fit when it's propped up by a seat?
The average guy certainly doesn't have an extra two feet of head room to spend on a pony ribcage when in a car, no.

>So, it's not even a real consequence. It has no weight at all.

He could be alienated from he peers for being normal with a bunch of weird people.

In the hands of a decent writer this could work but I'm going to have to agree with your assessment on the quality of it.

the pony ribcage is on the fucking floor. Have you not read a single word?

Not that guy, but you are this close of making me barf

There's no room on the floor user - even if you take out the seats, the wheels are in the way.

Gotta hand it to you Sup Forums. Even after all this time, you're still capable of endless debate over pony physiology.

It'll never go away. It's a part of Sup Forums forever

What a fucking savage, Japanese centaur don't have this problem.

How does she put that on?
Something like this would seem more practical.

>How does she put that on?

One hoof at a time.

>those designs

>the wheels are in the way
have you never seen the inside of a van? Or are you just brain dead?

I don't know what kind of van you're thinking of, but the wheels on the van shown in would definitely get in the way of a horse lying down. on the floor.

That's the way he looks in OP's image. He's not drawn like a traditionally big centuar. Frankly it makes more sense for his "adonis belt"to be about where the horse ribs start. That would make his human hips be about where the those legs start. Thus making his torso shorter than the traditional centuars that start a lot higher.

It's not hard.

I'd post how, but this is a blue board.

is birthright any good? I remember reading the first 3 issues but I thought it was kinda slow

So what's the context to the lower panel here? Are they getting triggered by an innocent comment?

The hand positions in panels #1 and #6 aren't pissing anyone off a little bit? They look awkward to me, if not a little unnatural.
(also holy shit this is image comics?)

I enjoy it. I'm an artist so I tend to focus on the art more, so I'm not the best to ask about plot.

Yes.

He's not wearing pants
He needs to be wearing pants
Like I understand the whole masculine virility and rape thing is his cultural heritage but that doesn't make it okay to not wear pants

That would be too lewd.

I can't fucking stand every fundamental aspect of this comic, but the art is just repulsive to me. The weird fucking textile fill for colors and the clumpy, splotchy effect for shadowing makes everything just feel filthy. Like the shadows are just made of grime.

Oh my god, it was worse than I thought. They aren't even being ironic about the sensitive part?

The ghost looks great, but everyone else looks awful.

And why is that centaur dressed like an ugly hipster?

Like so
Please no ban

Because he's a queer who isn't wearing any pants

Rich kids, especially (but hardly only) rich white kids, desperately want to be oppressed because it gives them both victim points and the ability to win any argument, but they don't want to give up their money and class privilege.

So they invent concepts like "microagressions" and pretend that it's just as bad as the things actual oppressed people and the poor go through.

Failing that, they put on a bad wig or stop shaving their legs and declare themselves trans, and then start muscling in on trans spaces and pushing people with actual dysphoria out so they can claim the crown of "most oppressed" for themselves.

>Irish ghost calls a woman lassie
>omg racist against werewolves!
Jesus fuck, I don't hate the art but the writing is terrible.

I don't know if they're mocking that girl for be so sensitive that she's culturally insensitive to traditional Irish slang - or if they unironically think the Irish ghost is being a sexist.

Well you could wear something like this if you wanted to be more proper.

I feel like this animation is taking some liberties with regards to both human and equine range of motion.

The blonde girl's hair in the third panel looks like an armpit.

No. I think most people assume her sensitivity about the wolf thing is because he's a dude and turning into the wolf gives that away so she gets real upset if she starts going wolfy.

Probably in the same way this centuar losing his ass will be another metaphor for trans dysphoria.

That does beg the question: Is there a tiny horse running around now?

Yeah but it's an animation and all you have is pictures of ugly horses so I win

How would the ghost even know she's a werewolf?

The same way you're supposed to know what gender they decided to be that day, even when their presentation doesn't match it.

>unwashed horse asshole rubbing up against armrest
as if cinemas weren't disgusting enough

>I kinda wanna fuck the fat blonde

Sooo, does this even sell well? Even if you don't have a problem with sjw diversity stuff, this is all so "safe". The cab guy didn't even mean anything by his comment, and I sincerely doubt the author have the balls to include an actual evil antagonist

...that's way too relatable.

The evil antagonist is society.

>muslim horse

Well yeah, but I mean. Is this even interesting to sjws? I'm sure they'll say on their blogs or twitter that they love the comic and its themes, but do they actually read and buy it?

people buy this shit for the same reason people give to charity. To feel good about themselves and make look philanthropic