What did Sup Forums think of this episode?

What did Sup Forums think of this episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>reaction image of a baby crying.jpg

About that.

But really the space lady was a bitch. A BITCH.

It was pretty tasteless. Very uncommon for a Rick and Morty episode.

For a show that likes to "keep things fresh" they sure did take the easy fucking way out.

"Hey what if superheroes were ACTUALLY terrible people? LAWLS"

I can't help but shout FEMALE WRITERS anytime I see something bad about this new season. I'm sorry...

Worst of the season. Would've been the worst of the series if not for Inter-dimensional Cable 2.

Hahhaa. At least you can admit you're sexist.

user you can't possibly say, everytime something isn't perfect- "those WOMEN DID THIS". That's like Sup Forums tier.

Oh, I'm not sexist. I just hate the fact that these women are SJWs that got picked for their gender. Personally I'd love for them to be fired and replaced with female writers that actually know what they're doing.

>sexist
who cares? The genders aren't made equal. Women have their own specialties, but writing comedy generally isn't one of them.

Fuck off you annoying bitch

>Unironically watching Rick&Morty

You do realize this isn't you're reddit hugbox, right? You have to go back

Personally think it's the third best episode this season. Weak start but once the saw shenanigans star it picks up.
Ending with Rick praising Noob-Noob is gold

Hey, remember when this show was just wacky hijinks and didn't feel the need to step over itself and ruin the fun with meta commentary?
I don't.

I thought it was sexist that the only girl in the group did not die a horrible death unlike her male counterparts.
Which is probably not a coincidence since Justin hired all those roasties.

I liked it honestly, I don't know what's wrong with all those other people who suddenly hate this show. It didn't change at all.

I think that every day Sup Forums is proven more right. Roasties, Jews, gays, muslims. Sup Forums is always right about everything.

that episode was pretty weaksauce imo

Probably the second worst episode, behind Interdimensional Cable 2.
It spends 20 minutes trying to make a point against superhero movies, but doesn't actually exemplify anything. If anything, they try to give their characters so much baggage that it doesn't even resemble any superheroes outside their own. So then you have a painfully unfunny episode sacrificing humor to make a point it can't actually make.

What I wanna know is, why can't I dislike these female writers without being sexist? From what I've seen, one of them paused the whole show for her self insert's monologue that made Rick shut up. These ladies are making me sick.

>fired and replaced with women that actually know what they're doing

That's...pretty reasonable yeah.

Crocubot did nothing wrong, and was completely innocent.

If you ONLY hate them because they're female-
That's sexist. By deifinition. Trying to say otherwise is just stupid.

If you hate them for their writing- say that. Singling them out because they're female is, well look above.

I think that's the problem, it didn't seem to actually know anything about what it was attempting to satire. It reminded me of the rant Harmon went on about Millenials vs Gen X on Harmontown. He kept making these weird half-thought tangents that had nothing to do with anything happening in the real world.

I have a feeling Lazzo forced Roiland and Harmon to talk about their new female writers non-fucking-stop to make up for his comment about how women aren't as funny as men. So anytime you think about them might be a direct result of his plan working.

The only reason they're here is because they needed diversity. Add to the fact that they're SJWs and a lot of the stuff in season 4 (That self insert, Ethan being deformed, Morty giving up happiness for a women, Jerry not getting a win at all) connect way too much to be coincidental.

It was predictable.

This.

I liked it and I hope the galaxy lady shows up in another episode because she a cute

It's funny, because when I found out what it was about, I immediately thought "With the current track record, I bet they're going to make everyone an asshole just because." Surprise.

>justin
thats a funny way to spell dan harmon

pickle rick was the jump the shark episode so im not going to bother with anything after that including this one
>superhero parody
yawnzolla

My favorite episode of the season. I'll never understand Sup Forums's hateboner for it. I get that the "heroes are dicks" aspect wasn't really anything new, but it really wasn't the only focus of the episode. By that logic the Venture Bros and Empowered are bad to for using the same trope. The whole saw scenario, Drunk Rick's rants, and Morty being the expert on drunk Rick were all great.

I would have thought Sup Forums would love the cracks about diversity on superhero teams and [unsolicited opinions on Israel]

that ending was also great for me, saved the whole thing. Also why do people say that pickle rick was them jumping the shark, I binged watched the whole thing last week and people talk like it was some deep shit going on in the previous episodes

neutral until the bad ending

What is this mentality? What are you not allowed to watch Rick and Morty and use Sup Forums?

I want to fuck space lady

The writing was pretty weak and only carried by Rick and Morty

>this
I personally loved the idea of Rick slaughtering the villains while black out drunk, rather than dragging it out into some tedious and unnecessary struggle.

As far eschewing tropes goes, I loved this episode for shitting on the typical superhero team struggle trope.

This episode was awful but let's not forget the bit where logic randomly appears at the end that was so forced and is going to age like milk in the sun

Also logic is a terrible biracial rapper

Hmm

FEMALE WRITERS!

I'll ask again, can't they fire these hacks and replace them with women who can actually right?

Write*

I'm not gonna argue that.
>why cause you can't!?

No because I agree with you. Personally I think it should've just been Harmon and Roiland writing. It keep it coherent and simple. A bunch of people throwing their own eggs in the pan makes a mess.

This. His death was just shitty.

>writing comedy for young men generally isn't one of them

Ftfy

why would you want to know that? do you like inflicting pain upon yourself?
do you actually have proof that they hired women and SJWs to fill a quota or you just pulling that out of your dirty shit stained ass?

no, they're not. you just like thinking they are because you never leave your house so a cartoon has to reaffirm your beliefs spouted by an annmyous message board full of trolls and shitposters.

Throwing a few eggs in the mix shouldn't make that big of a mess.

However, putting different things that don't go into the eggs is what creates a mess.

IMO, "Vindicators 3" was the second weakest episode so far this season, right after the underwhelming dud that was "Rickmancing the Stone".

I think the main issue with "Vindicators 3" was that, being one of the few, rare RaM episodes without an A story and a B story ("Total Rickall" and "The Wedding Squanchers" are the only other ones I can recall), we were kinda stuck with just a pretty uncreative--and somewhat predictable--main story involving Rick's beef with the superheroes. At least Noob Noob didn't die, r-right?

Also, Supernova had a nice rack. She definitely earned the pet name, "Titty Bean".

>diversity means better quality

I love how diversity equates to capability. Fucking pathetic - if they were true SJWs they'd be crying about the fact they were hired because of BAGINA instead of their actual merit.

So when Jerry finally gets that girl, will they finally throw him a bone and make her cool?

Or will she be abusive?

There was kind of an ARGish joke that I appreciated. Ahead of the episode they put out this promo video talking about how scary and powerful the Thanos analog was and how it was gonna change R&M forever etc etc only for Rick to end up massacring him horribly while black out drunk offscreen.

I realize some people get mad at OP Rick or whatever but I thought it was a funny way to fuck with people's expectations.

>It's a "Rick is the greatest and everyone else is stupid" episode
This season has been sucking Rick's dick so fucking hard

You want to talk about shitty deaths, what about Alan Rails? He deserved to die for calling out his wife's shit?

user don't you know that diversity is our strength?

Not really. But all the men get a foul card in this season. The only on-screen women that suffered was that idiot Morty brought from the restaurant and she was traumatized at worst.

Like I said, all of this is way too connected with these female writers to be a coincidence.

You act as if the Season 3 trailer from way back in June hadn't already spoiled Worldender's defeat.

[adult swim]'s marketing department is a fucking joke. At least we can walk into these final four episodes blindly.

I don't think you and I are watching the same show.

>full monologue from the therapist+entire subplot of the pickle episode regarding how Rick is selfish and has a bad effect on the family
>entire vindicators episode is Morty shitting on Rick for being arrogant and self-destructive and making him deal with it/Rick literally causes the admittedly already shitty team to break down and kill each other
>Jerry episode reveals he literally intentionally ruined his daughter's marriage
>toxic episode has him fucking up Morty's life with too many disastrous space adventures (which he admits himself) and literally extracts everything bad about Rick to display to the audience, and ends with Rick not learning the lesson from the week-long hell adventure and pulling Morty back into the mix

This entire season has been nothing but calling Rick out on his shit

Admittedly, I don't follow a lot of marketing for things like this specifically because it tends to spoil shit.

You took the bait your bitch ass nigga

*your

No, but he probably shoulda waited until they were no longer in a stressful life or death situation to do so.

>the rant Harmon went on about Millenials vs Gen X
He does this every ten episodes. You're going to have to be more specific.

Mad respect, user.

Crocubot a cute

Can I just say that Ghost Train has a really cool power and I'd read an comic about him.

Is Justin in this thread memeing on himself again?

This truly is the most woke timeline.

Do you just see nazi-ism everywhere you look and that's why you act like this all the time?

Which female writer self inserted herself into the therapist?

And why did she stop the whole show for a 3 minute article on her interpretation of Rick?

Because, while they have a diversity quota, not enough competent women even want the job - So instead of sticking with competent men (while still fully willing to hire competent women if she were to apply) they just hire inferior women for good press.

Our system is slightly rigged to white men, obviously, but that's been built over decades of this country - Like any renovation project, you need to rebuild it from the inside out, taking out what truly doesn't work while cleaning and restoring what is possible and having it all mesh together. Instead, they just cut out a huge part of it and try to solder in something new, then wonder why it doesn't work properly or look as nice - While lying and telling people it's the new thing and they should do it too.

That bothered me too, for some reason. It just felt edgy.

Boring and relied far too much on gratuitous violence instead of any sort of joke.

Not really, just check out the numbers between top male and top female comics.
Either women just don't support their own, or they're just not as funny.

Both of you post your tits

It was fun.
Remember fun?

Why didn't Jerry get a win in the Whirly Dirly Conspiracy theory? Couldn't they have had him simply walk away without that ending?

It was an interesting concept that was ruined by the writers overindulging in the gorn aspect of the episode. The message of "super heroes are actually assholes" is also one that's been done to death, and my hope that the episode was going to subvert our expectations somehow was sadly not met. The ending, as well, feels incredibly rushed and unsatisfying.
It's fine, but I wouldn't rewatch or recommend it.

this guy gets it

2nd weakest of the season, only better than Rickmancing the Stone.

Nah second weakest is Pickle Rick

He got the win of denying Rick any Smiggles cookies

This. The whole "refuge in audacity" was already done to death in Pickle Rick. Watching the Starlord knockoff character get brutally torn apart wasn't funny. It just felt tired, and strangely meanspirited.

I didn't actually enjoy any of the superhero deaths. They were all weirdly likeable, except for the only one who survives. I was rooting against Rick, which the writers clearly didn't actually want you to do since they threw in some "hurr they're worse than Rick" shit.

your implying that by removing gender the system doesn't lean even more towards men. that's because men fucking put everything into a job and women don't

abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888

Was this the most boring episode of Rick and Morty so far? I think so.

Then that's just natural selection at that point - If someone isn't as capable to do a job, don't give it to them for good press. If there is a predetermined weight Fire Fighters have to lift in order to get the job, it shouldn't be lowered to allow a certain group to join when said group has proven capable of doing such.

It was the worst of the series. The show has had a lot of episodes that draw elements from movies. Lawnmower Dog took a lot from both Inception and Nightmare On Elms Street, but it wasn't a by-the-books parody. It had its own plot and ideas.

Vindicators was just Saw but less funny, weirdly. Rick is an asshole to a bunch of heroes who aren't shown to be that bad of guys, then he kills them all and it turns out they were actually corrupt, which makes them worse than Rick or something. Boring.

Everyone complains about I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE, but I think the worst tumor in the R&M cancerdom is the whole "lol Rick made this entire torture maze... while drunk!". It's just such an obnoxious Mary Sue plot about how totally badass Rick is.

I didn't find anything funny about the deaths, either. The way the show lingers on them dying makes me think that I'm supposed to be amused but I'm not. The starguy gets cut in half because he felt trapped. The black guy gets killed for being mad that his wife cheated on him. Crocbot, who wasn't shown to have any negative qualities, gets brutally crushed despite being completely correct. And the ant guy dies because why not.

Am I supposed to feel like they got their comeuppance or something? They didn't do anything wrong. The writers threw in some "They did morally ambiguous stuff", but it felt half assed. Fucking Drawn Together deconstructed asshole superheroes better than this episode.

I think the best way to describe it is sophomoric.

He's just trying to fit in, leave the lil faggot alone.

No, the entire season has been people calling Rick out but then it turns out they're worse than him, which means they're totally wrong.
>Jerry gets it way worse than he gives it to Rick haha
>the Vindicators get totally pwned ecks dee
>the therapist eats poop lol
>Rick needs Toxic Rick because without his toxicity, then... uh.... Some stuff or something

>the therapist eats poop
What?

needed more noob noob he was the best part

Oh, right, she only deals with people who eat poop.

I was kinda getting Doofus Rick and her mixed up.

Terrible. Rick has exactly the same effect cartoon heroes have on complex, real world problems as Rick does, only on the opposite end of the optimistic-nihilistic spectrum. If Rick showed up to Israel, he'd pull out a beer and smugly ask the nearest guest character "First racewar, hmm?" and that would be the joke. There was no point, except a jab at a medium meant to be dramatic and thematically simple. Is R&M going to do a vicious takedown of WWE next?

Also, its a huge waste that Rick didn't take on a Batman expie. That would have had some actual weight since the characters are basically complete opposites: control vs anarchism, focusing ones universe on a single city vs expanding ones focus to the entire multiverse, being hyper sensitive towards trauma vs taking everything in stride, etc. Not that it would have mattered, since apparently the writers can't take on a completely optimistic target without making it turn out to have been a facade the entire time. The Batman character would have probably been reduced to a moronic, child molesting murderer by the end of the episode because that's the only character these hacks can write for.

I mean that's ultimately the problem with this episode. There's plenty of comedy to be had by clashing archetypal superheroes with a character like Rick, but by the end of the episode it turns out that we were watching a whole cast of Ricks, all except one of whom were in denial and just not as good at being Rick as Rick the whole time. We already did that shit with the Council of Ricks.

show me this rant

For me what is missing is the normal family B plots. The family, usually involving Jerry are some of the best parts of the show.

And now that has been turned on its head since Jerry is typically gone from each episode and the family members are not shocked or terrified at the science weirdness they interact with as much.They are used to it and it turned into an extension of the Rick/Morty A plots.

I miss Jerry, Beth, and Summer being shocked and confused at something they find in the house or with some thing Rick leaves behind.

He did not deserve to die like that

So that she coild take Rick, the smartest man on earth, and take him down a peg and" put him on his place"

>I was kinda getting her and Doofus Rick mixed up

Is it because they're both full of shit?

Very predictable. Not really funny enough to make up for it. 5/10

Was ok but probably the weakest of Season 3. It was funny to see the heros die tho and the bitch will surely return so thats good