Rogue One #6 (Sep 6)
Star Wars Adventures #1 (IDW, Sep 6)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=0k_dEJPGCVU

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Check out fresh story times of all three (who cares about Rogue One adaptation?) in previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aut6RRbROE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love Reyfu. Reyfu comic when?

Story time links for those who ask, from the last thread. Rogue One #6 left out because we already know what happens.

VADER (2017) #5
PHASMA #1
IDW #1

oh no not you

What is she, /swco/?

So what are the chances we'll ever get to see the Rogue One deleted scenes?

She's four posts late, that's what. Step up your game, user!

Who? :)

Do you guys think the hate Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gets is similar to the PT hate? Just a hivemind opinion perpetuated by influential "geek" websites and channels?

I honestly thought the movie was pretty neat when I watched it on theater, and only found out people hated it years later.

Seriously though, WTF is that structure on Florrum

Lots of new content.
Based storytime-user

Today was a good day.

Welcome to the comfiest day in recent /swco/ memory, everyone. Have fun!

how does this exist

Look at his Body why people hate him

Kinda. Even Speilberg things it isn't the worst one.

T H I C C C

I saw it opening-ish day in high school with no expectations and hated it, as did my friends. Obviously that's just one man's opinion, but I really just didn't like it one bit.

Haven't seen it since though, so maybe I'd be warmer to it now that I know the ending.

fwiw, I don't think the PT hate is all hivemind bs, but I really don't feel like having that conversation on today of all blessed days

He is ugly. She is sexy.

Drawfag here. Sorry I've been afk for a while. Things have been busy. You know how it gets.
Gonna start drawing again tonight. Next request is laughing_girls with SS and Sabine.
The requester didn't specify which one they wanted on the left or the right. Not sure it matters but thought I'd ask.

Anytime, friend.

And I was just one of the storytime-anons ... I think there were actually three of us all working in harmony.

I want more of this pic.

Because of the hat, /ss/ should be left

For whatever it's worth, you should do something new since you've already done laughing girls.

Yeah, it's definitely a similar situation in regards to the hate.

Crystal Skull is not really all that different from the other films

how does anything exist?

Can you draw laughing_girls with Kylo Ren and Rey? Please.

Perfect harmony. Well thanks to all three of you, in that case.

/ss/ on the left, because of her big hat

the Ahsoka/Bariss pic isn't from him dude

I was thinking the same thing. I'll do that.

I've never done this meme before. There's a Barriss/Ahsoka one going around, but that wasn't me (You can tell because it was much better done than I ever could!)

I saw it on release day at the cinema and loved it. It's still special to me.

One of these days I'll get better at identifying people on this sneaky anonymous board

>Phasma frames another member of the First Order for lowering Starkiller Base's shields and set out to kill him before the truth gets out

It's so petty that I love it. It's the first thing they've done with Phasma that I've liked (although I haven't read the novel yet).

>how does anything exist?

it's just (a section of) a perfect ring-shaped asteroid. i fail to see how that could ever be a thing

Don’t bother

Not good, I take it?

Meh, I like it alright.

fuck off

The novel really just sets up her being like that (and showing her do it to two other FO people, one who is quite important).
It also shows her getting her chrome armor, a much-needed look into how the FO operates in the latter half of the 30 year time skip, and potentially a new character we may see in TLJ.

>Rey and Kylo are almost two halves of our protagonist
It's like poetry... It rhymes.

Dragons when?

That's what you're worried about?

Nigga this is science fantasy, people are living on or around planets with massive chunks taken out of them

Snoke is a "child" of Sheev, similar to Anakin in that he was conceived through force wizardry and a woman, except this one was an alien. However he "came out wrong" so he was discarded by Sheev and fled to the outer regions.

Snoke is Vader's "brother". also
>he has a question mark on his forehead
LEL

>new Leia book
>new Phasma book
>new Vader issue
>new Phasma comic
>new tales comic
>the Graffs from Adventures in Wild Space finally show up again in a comic
>also we get Dex adventures
>also we're gonna get Crimson Corsair and Kix adventures too
>and we got a new Rebels trailer with confirmation of a release date
>also new Snoke image
>also new TLJ trailer in a few weeks
>also new Luke book with Jedi shenanigans coming out in a few weeks
>so is Battlefront 2
Jesus Christ this fucking week has been amazing.

>Uncle Shnoke musht be shtopped

>alien

with those i can at least assume that some sort of cataclysm turning normal planets in those ruins
literal, solid asteroid ring is pure ???

Oh thank god you're still around drawfriend. Thanks for accepting my request, have a lewd meme in exchange

While I share your optimism, I wouldn't count things that didn't actually come out in the last week. We don't know how good or bad the yet-to-be-seen things will be.

>with those i can at least assume that some sort of cataclysm turning normal planets in those ruins
yet they're still habitable?

>literal, solid asteroid ring is pure ???
only if you're a retard who questions science fantasy

>Birthday is in October
>Christmas is in December
>BF2 out in November
>convinced wife to buy me a PS4 for Birthday/Xmas
Life is aight

When will they announce the new director?

You're very welcome! And so sorry for my inconstant presence.

And thanks for the meme. Lucky Ezra!

Hopefully after TLJ, so they have time to find someone that will actually carry on the way they want him/her to.

Ezra approve

you forgot
>no more Colin Trevorrow on IX

Probably not for a while, there's literally no reason to rush it.

I could honestly see them waiting until after VIII comes out. That way they can get a sense of the response and announce Rian if it's positive.

> you're a retard who questions science fantasy
I don't ask for precise technical readouts of MF's hyperdrive, i just ask for opinions on a thing
And that thing just so happens to break my suspension of disbelief
Planet, even if habitable after such an event - not so much

youtube.com/watch?v=Aut6RRbROE8

New space boys

>Space patch has the new droids but no R2
>CHOPPER

Based Doug

I'm enjoying this Sabine and SS team up thing, they're like Betty and Veronica.

>ywn have a job where you literally just talk about star wars on youtube
Why live?

>yw also never talk to Andi in real life

Holy shit is that a micro machines BB-8?

Can we please permaban the Reyfag?

>chopper is on an ISS patch
Well that's surprising

>I'm enjoying this Sabine and SS team up thing
So do I.

so a weirdly shaped asteroid breaks your suspension of disbelief, but not planets being habitable after cataclysmic events that would render them uninhabitable?

You're truly retarded user.

probably after TLJ

if TLJ does well, then RJ gets it
if it doesn't, then someone else

Artist seems to have missed the oversized forehead

>implying daisy isn't perfect

I'm going to continue my cataloguing of all notable vehicles that appear in Star Wars canon, in chronological order (as best as I can), for the purpose of fostering quality on-topic discussion.

The Providence class Star Destroyer is a thing of beauty, the iconic Separatist capital ship. This thing for some reason does not have an entry in the TCW Incredible Vehicles book, even though it appears in what is chronologically the very first episode of TCW.

I respect or resident user who shills for the Providence, it's a good shipfu to have, even though I prefer the Nebulon :^)

Don't say that. Sources say that both Rian and JJ are the two main choices for the position. If this is true then JJ will get it if Rian doesn't.

Where have you been. These last threads have been dark without my favorite shit poster .

Thanks

I must say I am very intrigued by the direction they took Mandalorian design in for canon, I don't find them particularly attractive but you can't deny their originality. This Aka'jor shuttle for example exhibits their widespread affinity for variable-geometry wings, not even Rebel fighter or Imperial shuttles have quite so many moving parts as the variety of Mando ships. They also have a much more consistent and cohesive design aesthetic from the EU, which had MandalMotors designs all over the place.

Can someone post the nucanon book timeline with the young adult novels included? I dunno where to put Rebel Rising and the new Leia book

Can we start a suicide pact for the eventuality of JJ coming back?

The Mandalorian Balutar Swoop Bike isn't really a swoop bike at all, at least it doesn't look like what is conventionally called a swoop bike. It's a neat little speeder though, sort of like Dooku's. Reminds me of Kawasaki motorcycles if you ask me.

Poe should've had a much bigger role in TFA. He should've had Finn's role, or at least been with Rey and Finn for the entire duration of the film. I'm pretty sure him and Rey only have 1 scene together and I don't even think they're introduced to each other, either. It sucks because the first 40 minutes of the movie (right up to when they leave Jakku) is honestly near-perfect and entertaining as fuck. Once Han & Chewie step onboard the Falcon the movie starts going downhill. Sure, it's not a masterpiece before that, but you can't deny that TFA starts really strong and goes downhill at that exact scene, whether you hate the film or love it. Anyway, Rey/Poe/Finn should've been the main trio of the film. Poe and Finn had such good chemistry together that people genuinely began expecting them to be gay for each other in later films, and not just weird tumblr shippers, but casual viewers. Rey and Finn had good chemistry too. Not in a romantic way, but it was believable that they're friends and care about each other. The dynamic of that trio would be great too. The young scavenger, a former Stormtrooper on the run, and the experienced Resistance pilot with his cute droid. The movie wouldn't even really have to change much of the story, either. Poe co-piloting the Falcon with Rey would build a bond between them and make that scene a lot more believable. Poe and Han having scenes together would be great. Plus Poe could just be like "guys I'm gonna get BB-8 to the Resistance I'll see you guys later though" once they get to Maz's place, and that way it would make sense why the Resistance shows up out of nowhere there to save the day. And the rest of the movie could play out almost exactly the same.

Am I crazy or are these not massive improvements that would've been easy to write into the script? Sure, there's still the whole ending and Starkiller in general, but I already have a few better ideas on how to write a better third act that doesn't include a Death Star.

nobody cares about your fanfiction

>force penguins
>Darth Gollum
>nihilism Luke
>the Raddus
>the Supremacy
>no side villain

People have faith in TLJ?

your crazy its ok

Saw it the day it came out and loved it, but after rewatching it over the years I completely understand why people hate it. I don't *hate* it necessarily, but I hate that it exists since The Last Crusade was such a perfect ending to a pretty much perfect trilogy. Turning trilogies into quadrilogies several years later almost never works (an outlier being Fury Road)

>twilek andi

The Mandalorian Police squad car is definitely no Ford Crown Victoria. I can't remember but I think they reuse this model for coruscant.

>>no side villain
There's enough characters as there is
It doesn't need to be like the Prequels where every movie has the bad guys reboot

TFA's critical reception made me lose faith in critics

seriously? 92% of critics like this thing? I thought critics were supposed to see past the goggles of nostalgia they talk about when they review every other franchise, I guess Star Wars is an exemption to that

every fucking critic talks about how they hate sequels, remakes and reboots but as soon as Star Wars does that it all goes out of the window

Don't get me wrong, websites like RT are good indicators of a film's popularity but it's not a measure of quality

The colossal Kom'rk "fighter" is larger than the Millenium Falcon and is more of a gunship or attack shuttle than any of the Starfighters that populate the Rebel or Imperial fleets. For my part, I prefer the LAAT/I.

>implying any of those things are bad
top lel

I rewatched KOTCS recently on a marathon of my Indy dvds, it was actually better than I remember it.

>side villain
who needs a side villain?

Rick and Morty made nihilism popular

The millennials are going to be drawn to nihilist Luke

fuck that CGI is so much of an improvement over TFA's Snoke, but I guess it makes sense since that design wasn't finalized until super late and so it had to be rushed, whereas this time they've had the design for 3 years plus a director like Rian who was so ahead of schedule that editing began in August of last fucking year. Compare that to Justice League which is going through at least $20 million in reshoots right now and is supposed to come out in 2 months. Or even the Han Solo movie which is such a clusterfuck and still has a release date in May.

I'm positive Rian is Kathy's first choice for IX. He's the only director that they've had no problems with and he's said he'd do another Star Wars movie in a heartbeat. The only reason why I could see him not directing it is because he doesn't want to for whatever reason, but part of me thinks Rian cares enough about the series to make the commitment despite it being so last minute as long as they delay it by at least 6 months, which they did for TLJ when he asked for more time.

A lot of people have said that it's stupid for people to want Rian to direct IX so badly when we haven't even seen TLJ yet, but I just like Rian so much as a person based off his twitter and fan interactions he's had as well as trusting him as a filmmaker that I think almost anyone else taking the job would disappoint me.

The Coronet is a vertically oriented luxury cruise ship. As it appears in an early season episode of TCW, its interiors are not as visibly luxurious as they are implied to be. I do like the affinity of Lucasfilm/ILM for vertically oriented or partially vertically oriented ships.

>trusting critics
why do you think the "professionals" that have cornered the entertainment reviews market for 150+ years are any more trustworthy than the dipshits who unveiled their total lack of ethical integrity in the video games journalism industry?

I made this from the phasma comic. I feel like it has arthur-fist potential. I always need more /swco/ reactions

I know Leia takes place around 3 BBY (around the weeks post 23/5/1,029 Standard Year). Rebel Rising goes as follows:
>Chapters 1-5: 13 BBY 1,019 SY
>Chapters 6-12: 6 BBY 1,026 SY
>Chapters 13-14[Part 1]: 5 BBY 1,027 SY
>Chapters 14[Part 2]-31: 4 BBY 1,028 SY
>Chapters 32-34[Part 1]: 3 BBY 1,029 SY
>Chapters 34[Part 2]-38: 2 BBY 1,030 SY
>Chapters 39-46: 1 BBY 1,031 SY
>Months 1-6, Epilogue: 0 BBY ?/11/1,031 SY - ?/5/1,032 SY

with Han Solo Ron Howard's name was brought up the next day, if not earlier. Rian was said to be the top contender by Deadline like an hour after it was announced Trevorrow got the boot, and Deadline were the ones who first published the rumor about Rian directing Episode VIII and writing a treatment for IX before it was announced, so they definitely have a decent source. I'm not sure if they were the ones who named Howard for the Han Solo movie first, but I'm pretty sure that might have been The Hollywood Reporter or Variety.

I would expect an announcement this week if it's going to be Rian, since that would show how confident they are in The Last Jedi and also create a shit ton of buzz for both films. I don't get why everyone else is saying they won't announce it till after TLJ.

>if critics disagree with me, they're wrong

>if critics agree with me, they are right

>Don't get me wrong, websites like RT are good indicators of a film's popularity but it's not a measure of quality
that's because there is no objective measure of a quality

there is often a general consensus, sure, but all you can do is pay attention and formulate your own opinion as to why you like or dislike something

>Rian Johnson directs both XIII and IX
>He creates a brilliant duet that fittingly fulfills the potential of the ST
>TFA becomes the silly prequel film that explains how Finn and Poe met and where Rey came from

I see where you're coming from and I have a certain amount of faith in the man but I still want to see the new movie before I put all my eggs in that basket.