Fuck you, I loved it. I scorn people who ridiculed that movie

Fuck you, I loved it. I scorn people who ridiculed that movie.

It had such weird composition.
It's like during the productions, they had a board with all the acts written on it, but had no idea how to connect them.

Really? It was very straightforward. Apocalypse awakens, assembles troops, threatens the world. X-Men defeat him. The end

>threatens the world. X-Men defeat him.
You missed the part where Stryker arrives out of nowhere. Kidnaps X-Men for about 40 minutes. They go to Stryker Bunker. Other X-Men run around trying to rescue kidnapped X-Men. Find Weapon X and get him to rampage through the base. Give a pointless epiphany to Logan. Get back to the part where the movie is about Apocalypse.

I enjoyed it too. Mystique needs to leave.

I enjoyed that part.

And singer too.

I enjoyed your mums parts

I enjoyed it too. I agree that it's the same formula over and over again and that's problematic but I liked it as just an inoffensive super hero movie, though they could have and should have done a lot more with apocalypse.

I also feel like they aren't taking enough risks with the timeline they have, they could actually kill important characters instead of just doing the same X-men stories again.

This is the smartest post on Sup Forums
All the action from Stryker to Logan is a just fan fiction to include Wolverine to story.
At least we was able to listen the awesome Xavier speech.

As a final chapter to the new trilogy it worked well and wrapped up a lot of characters' arcs. Apocalypse was a good villain specific to Charles Xavier. I watched it in the theater with my friend and we were both mistified by all the hate it got. I do think Psylocke and Archangel were utterly wasted though.

The X-Men franchise has been horrible since X-Men 2
Fact
Now, let's pretend for one moment that it didn't basically devolve into 'Wolverine & Friends.'
X3 was a steaming piece of shit. I know it, you know it, the popcorn guy in the 13th row knows it. Anyone who claims otherwise is either a contrarian or a moron.
X-Men Origins was Wolverine fanfiction. No ands, ifs or buts about it. Deadpool was a joke, Gambit was ruined and Stryker was getting to be very overused.
The Wolverine was Hugh Jackman just doing his Hugh Jackman thing in Japan.
First Class was a reboot and reboots are inevitably worse than the original. Nothing has managed to break that paradigm and First Class was no exception.
DoFP was a shitstorm. They shoehorned in Kitty and stole the leading role from Bishop. They already fucked themselves over by having killed off Kelly and the result was a poorly translated mess. The Sentinels were ridiculously underwhelming.
Apocalypse was just awful. By now it had become 'Jennifer Lawrence & Friends.' Not Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence. No understanding whatsoever of the source material, pop culture references to desperately try and attract a young audience, miscastings left right and center and one of the most promising X-Men villains completely and utterly wasted.

I have absolutely no hope left whatsoever for any X-Men film.

I'd pop ur mum in her culture references if you know what I mean.

The Quicksilver scenes were fun, and the CG was really good. However the character development feels like it was pushed back and isn't nearly as good as Xmen, X2 and First class. Xmen always had or attempted to have great characters and it just felt like they wanted to have a tonne of fights with no meaningful scenes. I loved the CG but the story and characters dissapointed me.

>DoFP was a shitstorm. They shoehorned in Kitty and stole the leading role from Bishop.

It was ok

>we were both mistified by all the hate it got.
Jesus. You were mystified? Really? How could you even watch the movie while you both had your heads up each other's asses?

He's gone. Simon will make kino

Officially announced as the worst movie of that year. Your scorn is meaningless.

I laugh at your butthurt.

Pretty sure that was BvS. It made less if that's what you mean.

Well since you're including solo films, you're conveniently leaving out Logan and Deadpool: two completely different and near-universally loved movies.

If you just wanted to talk about movies called "X-Men", you'd have a point, but since you wanted to bring in The Wolverine stuff, you kind of shat on your own point you were trying to make.

First Class has divided opinions, but it tried to take the franchise somewhere new, and it had its own style which was pretty great. I think most people will agree that the Xavier and Magneto stuff was pretty great, but the movie was weak when trying to include the other mutants. Flawed movie definitely, but not bad.

DoFP sure as hell wasn't a shitstorm. You might not like how it was different from the comic, but as its own movie, it's pretty stellar.

Apocalypse definitely wasn't anything too special, and it would have been much better if it was a smaller more focused story, but even still it was decent enough. It's a hell of a feat to try to cram that many characters, that many arcs, into one movie and still leave something coherent.

The franchise has been all over the place in terms of quality. I know it might make you feel smart to generalize it all and call it shit, but no one's impressed.

No, there was an article on a movie website network that dubbed it the worst movie of that year. I don't know what their criteria was, but it caught traction.

Oh so it was just clickbait? You shouldn't believe that stuff user.

There was a constant shilling from MCU drones that this movie is a failure, therefore X-Men should go back to marlel. Thank god, it didn't happen

Civil War was the worst movie of that year

kinda surprised at the... civility of this thread
I thought that there would be more shit-flinging when I clicked "open in new tab"

Stop projecting your sexual fantasies onto me, m8. We liked the movie. No need to be a salty sally about it.

Say what you want but I remember the threads where people were indifferent for Apocalypse, but the moment Wolverine was teased to appear in the movie, the anons immediately change into "okay, now I have to see this movie".

Don't blame the franchise on Wolverine, blame the audience. Also, one could very much say that Avengers are basically Tony Stark & Friends, which is painfully obvious now, after Homecoming

>schlockfest

Well I fell asleep while watching X-Men Apocalypse in theaters, so there's that I guess.

I refuse to watch BvS. Civil war bored the shit out of me when I watched it on Netflix. I got up halfway through and started playing Skyrim while it ran in the background.

Civil war was pretty great.

I'm more pissed about the fact that they had mystique as the leader. She was a shit mystique from the get go and then they made Xavier look like some weak ass bitch when mind fighting apocalypse and his only hope was to ask for help from feminism.

Apocalypse also sounded like a bitch compared to the animated series and he didn't look imposing at all.

That whole movie was a clusterfuck and can only really be enjoyed in parts. Watching the movie from start to finish only ends in pain.

There's far too many things wrong with this one...

>Mystique the Mutant Jesus (totally not JLaw starpower, nope)
>Awful performances from the younger actors (totally not GoT starpower, nope)
>Awful, contrived method of turning Magneto bad again
>Entire Stryker plot, everything about it, every line, every scene, the whole thing begs to be torn apart critically piece-by-awful-piece
>Quicksilver scene shoehorned between two highly dramatic scenes (OMG Apocalypse hijacked Cerebro and kidnaped Xavier - Lol sweet dreams - o fuck Havoc's ded)
>Undefined Apocalypse powers (why doesn't he just disintegrate the X-Men?)
>Final battle has so many poor scenes

It goes on and on.

>Awful performances from the younger actors
actor user as in one person

Lets face it the only good part of the movie was Wolverine that was it

I liked it but I acknowledge there are some serious flaws with the movie.

Namely with Mystique and Magneto.

None of them were particularly impressive

Sophie Turner was piss but most didn't measure up either.

I thought nightcrawler was good. I won't judge until the next one.

It was okay.

This is what I felt. The Apocalypse story felt like it took a backseat for too long and that whole Weapon X thing felt like filler just to fill their Wolverine quota.

Other than Deadpool is there another Xfilm that didn't have Hugh Jackman in it?

>Other than Deadpool is there another Xfilm that didn't have Hugh Jackman in it?

The closest you'd get is First Class, where he only appears for about 10 seconds.

>DoFP was a shitstorm. They shoehorned in Kitty and stole the leading role from Bishop.
Is this pasta