What`s the definitive legion run?

what`s the definitive legion run?

The 1980 one by Levitz.

this

>Bierbaums

definitive doesn't mean worst

I agree with this, but apparently that's a bad take?

Meh, it was better than Peyer.

DnA The Legion

I have issues with a lot of the Reboot Legion but at least the characters were mostly likeable outside of a few missteps (Imra and Tinya mostly, maybe Jeckie for using the name). Bierbaums was just a disaster. How they treated Garth was probably most unforgivable (complete asshole as a kid and fucking Proty as an adult).

The whole of SW6 felt like someone who had been given a few issues of losh was told to write them and fill in the gaps as they went along

Which one this girl dress appeared.

For the most part only the Johns portion of Retroboot is good.

And everything post-FP is pure bullshit

will we ever get a new run?
i know cereal lord said the legions story isn't done yet but I'm feeling pessimistic

Yes, gotta keep that trademark alive.

They keep getting hinted at so it will probably happen sooner or later. Possibly after Doomsday Clock, it seems like it'll bring on wave three.

I'm just hoping we get something decently optimistic and well written this time around. I want them to be friends and save stuff and struggle but get better and at least win most of the time.

Even postFP I liked the secret origin mini and Morrison's use of them in Action. But I guess you're not wrong.

It's kind of at the point where I'm sure it won't be what I want regardless. Like they'd put Orlando or Venditti on it and I wouldn't read it anyway.

Ok, yeah, those were decent but the main titles were such garbage that it doesn't really matter. In particular the ending of the main book

>Retroboot
The hell is a retroboot?

I don't know, what's a Threeboot? Shit that only makes sense within the context of Legion.

If they decide to do a new reboot it'd be kind of cool if the new Legion gave Supes a message when meeting him for the first time, a written or recorded message that the original Legion had given to them during some dimension hopping adventure or something so that they could pass it on to him.

And the message is basically just them (all of them or maybe just the founders) thanking him for being an idol and friend, acknowledging that sometimes things aren't forever and that they might not see him again, but that they will remember him and that they love him and wish him the best of luck in his life.

sexy outfit era is the best

Was LoSH ever popular? It's hard to believe they competed with the X-Men.

More so than Superboy when they got their own comic. The team has been popular at quite a few points but these days something has to be live action normie trash before the larger audience will touch it and they've missed that boat. Or Supergirl will totally fuck them up sometime soon, who knows.

>Or Supergirl will totally fuck them up sometime soon, who knows.

This definitely, already fucked up Mon-El.

Indeed it did, which is why I'm hoping they'll keep away from the rest of the losh and in particular Brainiac 5.

After Superman got "reborn" earlier this year, they established a new canon backstory for him that seems to borrow heavily from Johns "Secret Origin" mini. Which is relevent because Secret Origin is where Johns established that the original version of LoSH who hung out with young Clark Kent/Superboy was canon again.

With the new, current version of Superman's history they left an open door for more backstory with Superman sensing there's some part of his childhood he still can't remember. Most popular speculation is that's the door that's going to lead to some version of LoSH coming back, although the second most popular theory is Mon-El.

We also have Saturn Girl stuck in Arkham Asylum and Emerald Enchantress showing up in Suicide Squad vs. Justice League and Supergirl's comic. LoSH is definitely coming back eventually, but no one is sure when or how or what version yet.

>Emerald Enchantress
Er... Emerald Empress I meant.

>Which is relevent because Secret Origin is where Johns established that the original version of LoSH who hung out with young Clark Kent/Superboy was canon again.

That was canon in the new 52 as well. I feel like they realized it was wrong to remove it and they won't fuck with the LoSH anymore in that regard.

I bet when they finally start publishing a new comic it will be the biggest monkey paw in the history of comic books. Venditti will be writing it and they will squeeze in some useless batwank between the various shitty new gods stories for "the sales!!" and everything will be horrible

Nightcrawler and Storm were created as characters for the Legion; this is just a random comic fact.

Kurt would have been a great addition to the team

I knew about Nightcrawler, the Shi'ar Imperial Guard was also inspired but he Legion

I discovered the Imperial Guard in the 90s X-Cartoon, Gladiator weirded me out as a Superman with Mohawk and blue skin.