Would your favorite vidya make a good Sup Forums?

Would your favorite vidya make a good Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7mGLmqdxkL4
teamfortress.com/comics.php
youtu.be/orkoKWFdOY0
youtu.be/RAxzvVjSqvI
youtube.com/watch?v=HNJRRR3jKcY
youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w
youtube.com/watch?v=kNIlClYUp5M
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1QT2d8x_E
youtube.com/watch?v=6W_fzCW0L84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.
Next question.

Super Mario Galaxy series -Yes (cartoon)
Resident Evil 4- Yes (comic)
MGS3- no
No More Heroes series- no
Final Fantasy 6- Yes (Both)
Modern Warfare- no
Breath of the Wild- Yes (cartoon)
Earthworm Jim- um...

I'm sure I'm leaving a few out but that's a handful of my favourites

youtube.com/watch?v=7mGLmqdxkL4
>started off strong
>binged it
>fucking great
>get to episode 8
>suddenly devolves to shit
No, and it was proven

They made a movie out of my favorite vidya. It sucked.

Ratchet and Clank
Comics, good imo
Movie, sucks ass

I'd argue that that doesn't count. Nobody who makes movies out of games care about the Vidya, and sometimes not the movie.

Absolutely.

Although some of them already had Sup Forums stuff...but theres significant room for improvement.

Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner is already half an anime, I figure a cartoon would be right up its alley. Think they made an OVA, come to think of it.

Front Mission 4 could work really well, have a season for each of the two points of view or have the episodes alternate.

Did somebody say TF2 cartoon?

>Metroid
>various adventures of Samus, fighting Space Pirates and other villains, solving mysteries, rescuing stranded people, etc
>occasional flashback episode to childhood on Zebes
>emphasis on atmosphere and action/horror elements
>prominent chozo mysticism
>minimal dialogue
I mean, it could easily work with some basic competence. Kinda hard to fuck up such a dirt simple premise as "lone mercenary goes on adventures"

Ehhhhh....
Depends.

I can see a hyper light drifter show looking like those old cartoons they'd play on MTV in the 90s with heavy shading and what not

Let's see...

>GBA - Sonic Advance - Possibly, but it wouldn't be as good as Sonic Boom cartoon, so what's the point?
>PS1 - Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase - Yes, but that's already known, cyber chase was a decent Sup Forums movie
>PS2 - Okami - Yes, but no major company would pick it up after the the first six episodes aired, and it'd gain cult classic status Bit like the game
>NDS - PMD:EOS - Yes, but it'd need to be graphic novel. It's story based, and the pokemon series can't carry a long running continuous plotline to save it's life. See GS Ball
>3DS - Fire Emblem Amnesia - Only if creepy death Tharja/Tharja booty is played up
>XBOX 360 - DX:HR - No, Deus Ex plot writers can barely handle a series, let alone the bullshit they spew out alongside the main games
>Steam - Undertale/Witcher 3/I am Setsuna - It'd lose too much of it's charm, the game already did it pretty well and this one would shit the bed on it's priorities and ending like the game did. Fuck you game, tell me what the hell Endir is

Yes as an adult animation.

>show is Brad's trek through Olathe to find Buddy
>new characters join up but their ranks are thinned out constantly by common enemies, joy mutants, Joy Boys, Buzzos tough choices, and the Rando Army
>the main party being Brad, Terry, Nern and Olan

>a serious violent story-driving cartoon series
yes please, inject it to my veins

>shantae
Fuck yes
>Mobius Final Fantasy
Yes but nobody would watch it because they'd associate it with spirits within
>Deus Ex
Proooobably not
>Divinity: Original Sin
Sure why not

I've always thought so.

Yes, please. I've wanted a movie of this for years.

Oh yes. Something episodic. maybe a sitcom like pic related I enjoyed all roads for what it was.

I'd be down for a Skullgirls cartoon/comic series.

It's already being made.

but which one will you prefer?
>obscure sex 'n violence noir atmosphere with trigger-like anime style and action
>self aware comedy full of internet and gaming memes and sexual fanservice

>Favorite Vidya
>That'd be DOTA 2

It's already got some one shot comics that can be pretty entertaining, but I think the cast of characters is too bigness for t to have anything more substantial.

Though I guess they could make a series based on this new Siltbreaker thing that came out. I enjoyed that comic, I'd like to see it expanded on.

I want a Killing Floor cartoon on adult swim so bad.

hell yeah

Would dull the pain of the series being a zombie

>New Vegas saturday morning cartoon
>The courier and his buddy Yes Man thwart the evil caesar, Kimball, and House and go on wacky adventures in the mojave desert
>Traditional saturday morning style animation/humor but with visceral violence and adult themes

I'd watch the fuck out of it.

My top three would all make decent cartoons, then again since they're all Nintendo titles that's a bit of a given

Both in a serial and episodic format thanks to the overarching plot but implication of multiple timelines. I really would love to see Nuclear Throne as a cartoon or comic.

I actually think it would work much better as a comic book series

It would be better if Blizzard stopped pussyfooting around and actually wrote some new lore

why do think no more heroes wouldn't work user?

>Ratchet and Clank
It's aready been done as a mediocre movie, but could be also be done as a TV show.

>Sly Cooper
A TV show is already being worked on.

>Spyro
Barring Skylanders, I can see the original triolgy translating into a short TV series.

>Crash
It could be done, the scrapped animated opening and closing scenes for the first game (that a lot of people incorrectly assume was a pitch for a TV series) were good.

>Kingdom Hearts
They tried to make one back when the first game came out, but it was scrapped by Eisner for being too violent. That said, if you tried to make one now you'd have a VERY difficult time due to the way the story is being handled.

I swear the kingdom hearts story is the one narrative I simply can't penetrate. Nothing. I can grasp the overall metal gear narrative. I can get some ideas from the fucking Silmarillion. Kingdom Hearts? Just fucking BLANK.

You tell me
teamfortress.com/comics.php

It's honestly a shame. The OW universe is so fresh and new and full of potential waiting to be explored, but Blizzard doesn't want to seem to want to do that so they rarely show anything new and even when they do it usually ends up being lackluster.

I'm gonna say no

It was a brief, disappointing anime for a while, but yes. Roller Coaster Tycoon as an animated Parks & Rec knockoff would be pretty comfy.

"I think Janitor 4 will really be a great addition to the team."

>Cut to Janitor 4 "I have been mowing for 3 months straight. These hills go back for miles. No one will see any of this, but the boss still pays me, so it's great."

Literally every piece of Overwatch media is either rehashed backstory or previously unseen flashback. It's clear lore has no bearing on gameplay so I really don't see what they're so afraid of.

this would make a fantastic anime what are you talking bout user

I would pay for doom or quake or quake 2 to get an animated movie, it would work better that way.

I don't think there will be an animated adaptation capable of recreating the feeling of beating a boss or solving a puzzle you've been stuck on for ages, but that's just me

>Monster Hunter
Yeah, write it as a monster-of-the-week, action-adventure with each episode being based on a quest. Have mini-arcs covering rank-up/hear upgrade missions with the occasional appearance/mention of an end-boss monster to be dealt with at the end of the season. Each season could follow different hunters with differen weapons and with mentions of the previous protagonists, even have them occasionally appear in group hunts.

Adult Swim? Netflix?

>Mr. Foster as The Wildcard
>"All aboard dah moneeh train!!!"

SHUDDUP AND TAKE MY DOSH, user!

youtu.be/orkoKWFdOY0

I have my doubts.
But i'm fine playing it.

THIS

>Anarchy Reigns
Yeah that could make for a fun short comic series expanding on the universe.
>Darksiders
Already done.
>Terranigma
It would be a fantastic cartoon with its themes and action.
>Monster Hunter
If it was a bunch of one off stories of hunters and their quests then I would literally sacrifice loved ones to have that made by a good writer and artist.
>Onimusha
Fuck yeah in general.
>Jet Set Radio
Fucking hell my 90's self is cumming.
>Grandia 1
A fun adventure fantasy cartoon? God damn sign me up.
>Elemental Gimmick Gear
That could work.
>Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Hell yeah, shooting dinos in the face? Sign me the fuck up
>Klanoa
That would honestly be a pretty good cartoon
>Crash Bandicoot
I am surprised it never actually had a cartoon. Get the writers of The Animaniacs on it and you got yourself a good ass funny show.
>Wild Guns
A fun four or five issue comic series.

And that is literally glancing at my gaming shelf for ideas. I could go on but that would take forever.

Whoops meant Klonoa.

Netflix for live-action show.

Adult Swim for a cartoon that would probably be a bit more of a throwback to the classic games.

>City of Heroes/Villains

It kind of was.

the world just keeps reminding me
and yes, i saw it coming a mile away but it doesn't make it hurt any less
anyway, a comedic Age of Empires cartoon would be fun

>>The Witcher

Already being done by Netflix

>>Viewtiful Joe

Already been done

>>World In Conflict

YES, WE NEED A SERIES ABOUT THIS. IT WOULD BE FUCKIN' AWESOME

>>XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Oh hells yes, Perfect for a dramatic show.

Why is he fighting 3 death saurers with a light saber?

Kind of cheesed off that Hyper Light Drifter never delivered on the promise of this scene.

If the story was like underground & underground 2 hell yeah. & had matt & woolie in it.

but Fuck it all. youtu.be/RAxzvVjSqvI

Zone of the Enders does have an OVA, "Idolo", and a 26 episode anime "Dolores i"

They don't really add much to the series other than a bit of backstory

>>Furi a-la Samurai Jack
>>Quaint Don't Starve series
>>Would watch the fuck out of a Night In the Woods mini-series like OtGW

Come to think of it, yeah. I want to see some Sup Forums toons.

It would have to be a super fucking dark cartoon for oddysee to work.

Yeah, I doubt this would work at all

Skies of Arcadia was too pure for this world.

No but it'd make a good Sup Forums, the plot's basically a shonen sci-fi fantasy anime already. I'd still watch it dubbed though if they got the same Brit VAs
youtube.com/watch?v=HNJRRR3jKcY

Kid icarus already feels like a cartoon so yes

Modern Warfare comis already exist, user.
or Modern Warfare 2 ones, at least.

>Morrowind
Might be fun. No idea how they'd handle the crazy-ass lore though

>we will never ever get a tf2 cartoon

What the fuck happened? Wasn't the bread short supposed to be a pilot or something?

I just want them to try and explain the Dragon Break in the comic.

You need to be a fucking historian specializing in a fantasy world to understand the fucking Elder Scrolls lore.

>A crack team of GDI special forces misfits are tasked with foiling Tiberium/Genetic/Cyborg lab born monster of the week
>GI Joe / Bureau of Alien Detectors style animation
>Kane leaves recorded dramatic messages & always manages to escape Dr. Claw style

If they could convince Joseph Kucan to voice Kane I would jizz myself, shower, then pour a bowl of cereal to watch this shit every Saturday morning.

Of fucking course.

>Yfw tonight was not the night
>yfw it will never be the night.

i uninstalled the game and ill come back to it once the update is alive.

else ill just drop the game.

>dark souls
Unlikely but maybe with a strong enough director behind it. Still, it'd probably amount to a grimdark samurai jack with even less dialogue.
>ace combat
Maybe the plot of 5 could make for a short series

>metal gear
Jesus christ no
I would not trust anyone, especially not kojima, with it. It's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

I'd watch a Dark Souls Netflix miniseries/movie in the vein of Castlevania.

Fuck yes, it's basically Space Battleship Yamato but with a middle-eastern theme anyway

I figure it'd be a mix of GI Joe, Starship Troopers, Lost in Space and Time Jam: Valerian & Laureline. I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

I've always liked to imagine that if it was ever adapted to animation, it would be rather similar to a Ghibli film in that it would be visually stunning, emotional, and make very little sense on the first viewing, only making more sense after rewatching it more. That said, it would still be filled with gore and toilet humor, which I think would, in a really weird way, somehow mesh well with the Ghibli aesthetic mentioned above and create a very unique result.

Also, if I had creative control over it, I'd probably change the ending from a complete downer to something more bittersweet instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w

one of my favorite vidyas already is a comic

Probably the former but which one has the most of Eliza domming Filia and Ms. Fortune?

I would kill for a proper Rayman series done by the team behind Wander Over Yonder

The SBFP of THUG was fucking great.
>You know what the goddamn currency in this world is? Fucking skateboarding. You wanna eat? Better do some kickflips

Metroid would look badass if it was drawn by Mike Mignola. If it were done as a movie, I'd have Guillermo Del Toro direct it.

Would have to be an AS miniseries of fuckin course. Would be great if it just followed the storyline of the game, each mission being an episode. Hell, they could even go farther back and do some backstory with Harman.

>Deadly Premonition
I mean twin peaks already exists so

>Bloodborne
Like someone above said about Dark Souls, it'd be interesting in a netflix-castlevania kind of style.

>Shovel Knight
Dear god please

I would like a Warcraft animated mini-series

>Bloodborne
The main storyline kinda relies on the storytelling only a vidya can achieve, but I could see a lot of side stories and back stories that a comic or cartoon could elaborate on.

dance

youtube.com/watch?v=kNIlClYUp5M

You dont have to tell me twice, user.
Also this just makes me want an animated Ulmeyda even more.
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1QT2d8x_E

>Star Control 2

It'd probably make an amazing cartoon.

>the one game that has been proven to work as both a cartoon AND a comic
>comic updates once every year and the cartoon never happened

>Skyrim with all DLC cartoon on Toonami
>CN's answer to Game of Thrones only without fucking
>animated Laat Dovahkiin vs Miraak battle
>/vg/ waifu marries Dovahkiin like it was supposed to for Dawnguard

Fuck. Yes.

It's better this way. Would you rather TF2 become like the Simpsons and run out of jokes? That's why I never feel angry about the comic being delayed. It's pure gold every single bit of the way. It's the only thing I can truly say is "worth the wait". Or in gaben's case "worth the weight" because he's a fatass who delayed the pyro update because the computer with the files was inbetween him and the nearest buffet table.

question is, would you watch someone go through all the levels silently, with the occasional non-cannon minisode where they get summoned for a boss, then summoned to fight of an invader, then summoned to join in on a little party/hyjinxs style thing.

or would it just be based in the dark souls world and be a separate story from the actual games. maybe every few episodes it follows a different NPC's quest, showing how they go to the game and what they did while the player murdered the world.

underaged gambling and state law loopholes happened, which means EZ MONEY

>Mortal Kombat
That happened once and it was horrible. As long as the new cartoon is nothing like the old one I'd be all for it.
>Warcraft 3
I would love to see that happen, especially if Frozen Throne is included.
>The original Spyro trilogy.
I could see it working out whether it be episodic or story-driven. Bonus points if they bring Tom Kenny back as Spyro.
>Doom
Not sure on that one. Maybe as a collection of animated shorts, but a full series sounds a bit more difficult.
>Skyrim
I guess it did have a story they could work off of, but I feel like a good amount of the charm would be lost.
>Team Fortress 2
Why the fuck hasn't it already happened?
>Saints Row
I guess? Maybe?
>Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
A mini-series might be a better fit.
>Super Smash Bros.
That would be interesting. Maybe like a much better version of Captain N.

>TES comics
>Kirkbride's deeplore and art
KSBD?

...That's debatable.

I'd say have it be mostly silent, largely episodic, about the Chosen undead / slayer of demons / ashen one / bear bear sea lest going to a place, finding trouble and fighting.
Think samurai Jack's more silent episodes.

I'd like it as an animated movie, desu.

I'd be so down for an animal crossing cartoon, although there was already a movie. And my other favorite, Yo-kai watch, already has a cartoon. Life's pretty good

This, Ur-Quan deserve to be known

youtube.com/watch?v=6W_fzCW0L84

>Ace Combat
See below

>Valkyria Chronicles
More of an Sup Forums thing, but I could see it in a cartoon, some TCW format or so with arcs for big battles

>ace combat
My belkan friend. It all depends really, they are all pretty story heavy so you could make some Sup Forums or Sup Forums out of them

Basically Area 88 or similar