Toonami Ratings for 9/3/17

Toonami is expanding again so Cowboy Bebop can air at 3am starting this week.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 will replace Tokyo Ghoul in October.

Countdown, the next Toonami TIE, will start on November 4th.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Marathon this week, actually did way better than the normal lineup. For the first time Jojo isn't the center of a shit night. Because it wasn't on lel

In TG specific news, this Saturday broke the record for least amount of threads. Even with hungry games tributes, gameplay, and end of night goodbyes, thread #2 didn't reach bump limit until 11pm the next day.

11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 838 0.40 521
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 718 0.36 469
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 709 0.35 453
12:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 700 0.34 444

1:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 613 0.31 399
1:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 578 0.29 374
2:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 521 0.26 333
2:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters (r) 481 0.24 307
3:00a Attack on Titan (r) 455 0.22 287
3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 422 0.21 277

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FK1RSLOyCns
youtube.com/watch?v=unMNs7xgTrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not a huge change with Family Man numbers, so can't say that is the cause for higher Toonami numbers

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.30 511 0.18 229
8:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.28 468 0.18 229
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.37 632 0.27 345
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.47 746 0.33 431

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.62 991 0.45 576
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.66 1033 0.50 646

Post Toonami as usual

4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 420 0.22 284
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 437 0.22 286

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 419 0.21 270
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 408 0.20 257

Best

Overall better. Wow. Also I hope you make more OC.

Huh, didn't actually do that bad.

So, I can assume they're just going to spam Dragonshit from here on out.

I told you guys he'd save us all.

It's going to add more fuel to the fire, especially after this week when ratings go right back to shit

The fact that a marathon did this well feels more like a bad sign than a good one.

Do Ratings take into account streaming like Billboard does for music?

Fuck off fag.

I think so, but only the official AS stream

It means the block's going into the dragonshitter.
Just imagine it:
11-11:30pm: DBS
12-12:30am: DBZ Kai
1-1:30am: Dragon Ball
2-2:30am: DBGT

It kinda is
>Jojo has never went over 700k
>dipped into the 500k territory last week
>people make excuses and say it's the new norm
>marathon happens and a RERUN of Dragonshit pulls over 700k in the same timeslot
The rest of the slots were around where they usually are, which isn't good either, but it's especially bad for Jojo since it's the one show with a wide margin difference

No they wouldn't do that, DB and GT have zero nostalgia value. If it don't have Goku people aren't gonna watch. This would be more likely
12 - Super
12:30 - Kai (restarting from episode one after it finishes next year
1 - AS owned rerun ( Bebop, GitS etc)
1:30 - AS owned rerun
And that's it. Block packaging transitions to a generic non changing version, not that that is much different than now

GT maybe but Dragon Ball has plenty of retrovalue. Its probably the best of the Dragon Balls content wise and it'd do well as a replacement for HxH or Lupin when they end. Plus, its Dragon Shit, people will watch no matter what.

>Marathon this week, actually did way better than the normal lineup.
Fucking Dragonfags. It really shows that Dragon Ball is all they come to this block for. Even though Kai is just a glorified rerun of the original Z.

Are you serious? There are people (not very smart people) who feel nostalgia over GT.

I don't think you understand how the normie DBZ watcher thinks. Which is a good chunk of the current Kai audience. If it's not Z or Super they aren't gonna watch.

I have literally never seen GT focused memes on any of my social media shit. They are always Z or Super. And really even then it's just Z. And I do a good job of hiding my power level and have mostly normal, well adjusted friends

It may not have the memes, but there are fags who like it. It's just not as popular as Z, but that really isn't saying much. If it aired on Toonami, the ratings wouldn't be Jojo or Lupin tier, I guarantee you that.

I don't know man, I am trying to think really hard of a time I saw people talking about GT in a way that wasn't ironic or in jest and can't think of a single one

I know I'm sounding ridiculous, but there are actual faggots who like the show and if it aired they are going to watch it. Hell, even the people being ironic would watch it just for lels.

HEY RIP TOONAMI POSTERS

>DB and GT have zero nostalgia value. If it don't have Goku people aren't gonna watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=FK1RSLOyCns

What have the ratings been for the AS nostalgia block?

the more you keep posting about toonami dying, the less dead the block becomes. great strategy

>Thinking Dragon Ball spam makes the block "less dead".

Anti meme magic.

Toonami airing OG Dragon Ball is a no-brainer for multiple reasons

Dragon Ball has only aired, from start to finish, once in the US. Even GT got aired in full on Nick. It's rarely been seen in the US (IIRC the DVDs are even OOP) and more to the point, they can they can run it for about three years (DB is 150 episodes) which in turn allows them the perfect set up to bring Kai back in terms of airing Kai as soon as DB wraps, to bring back interest in people to watch Kai

I don't like the block being reduced to that.

Where on the block would DB even fit? No way they'd put it up near the front. Also after having read your post I kinda want to die.

Well as I said, it's a rarely seen series and one that can bring in eyeballs since (again) it's only aired a single time before and has a level of mystique to it to new fans who may never of caught it the first time it aired.

>mfw when it was actually higher than expected

Well fuck me sideways

Not out yet.

This. Anime snobs might bitch and cry, but Dragon Ball is casual friendly cat nip because of it being Dragon Ball Z related and can easily be paired with Dragon Ball Super.

Any idea when that'll be?

Monday's ratings won't be in for the next few days and the numbers for the rest of the week won't fully come in until probably next Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks

The problem with Dragon Ball is three-fold:

1. It's a long runner. Three year commitment to run it from start to finish. Granted the show starts off strong with a fast pace, but it grinds to a screaming halt as soon as the Red Ribbon Army arc starts.

2. It's tonally different from Dragon Ball Z/Super. It's a comedy show with martial arts filler. The bulk of the supporting cast from Z and Super are MIA, and more importantly a lot of the plot material DB establishes got retconned and retconned HARD by DBZ making everyone alien to the point that it's kind of pointless to go back and revisit it.

3. And this is the most important: Toonami HAS TO ween itself off of Dragon Ball Z in order to survive. The block's bet pretty much EVERYTHING on the Dragon Ball Z franchise and nostalgia bullshit, while watching as pretty much every other new show flounder and suffer badly. They need to start slowly purging DBZ stuff from the line up so that they can find and start showing GOOD anime that can carry the block rather than bank on nostalgia that makes all of the other shows ratings look worse.

>Super ends never
>Jojo ends late next year
>HxH ends in 2019
>Nardo still has about 6 1/3 years left
Dragon Ball really shouldn't be that much of a problem. Even if it was, there's nothing stopping them from cutting it mid-run like they did with OP. And besides, the block's in a downward spiral as is. There is no saving this block so we might as well enjoy what time we have left,

>Memers beg for Jojo.
>They get Jojo.
>Oh, but wait! We they said Jojo, they meant the Jojo with the Stands.
>Ratings suffer for part 1 & 2 Jojo.
>Finally get to part 3 Jojo.
>Ratings are even lower than the previous Jojos.

I can't make sense out of this.

> the bulk of the supporting cast from Z and Super are MIA

what cast? Z's core cast barely expands outside Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, and Vegeta, and there's no supporting cast in Super beyond Bulma and Jaco. If anything Dragonball's commitment to a larger core cast should be welcome.

Mika finally dies in IBO for being a piece of shit, Orga and worst Char too too. There I just saved you guys a massive time waste. Also some chick named Juietta confirmed as main writer's stand in, Sonichu leveled no less.

Aw shit. I forgot we get IBO back. well, at least we're getting rid of Ghoul

Can someone PLEASE explain where the bullshit "Toonami is dying" bullshit meme came from?

The block is doing well and continues to chug along with no real trouble.

Are the posters spreading the "Toonami is dying" lie just bitter little faggots trying to meme the block off the air, because they are pissy that the network isn't showing Moe shit and other garbage anime they would rather see airing on the block?

The ED gives it away. It was a shitty Gundam when taken as a whole, to be honest.

People are saying that it's dying because we have yet to have a SINGLE week better than 2016. When was the last time a show hit 1M, user?

>casual friendly
>old as fuck animation that is one of the top casual repellents

>the block is doing well
I'm not saying it's dying, but it's not doing great either. When a marathon night pulls a better average than the regular lineup for the past 2 months there is a problem

>we already have five long runners
>stagnation has already been proven to cause ratings decline
>WELL I JUST DONT SEE THE ISSUE WITH ANOTHER LONG RUNNER LOL

>being glad the best show on the current lineup is leaving
>on top of that it's replacement is god awful

>It was a shitty Gundam when taken as a whole, to be honest.
Which is why I've started rewatching G Gundam online. Even with all the cheesiness, its still miles above the train wreck the block's about to get back.

There is no issue. Like I said, I don't care about the health of the block anymore seeing as its a lost cause at this point. Truth be told, I could just stream it like I will with G Gundam but its not the same as watching it on the block.

But, user, Outlaw Star's not leaving for about another half-a-year.

>outlaw star coming back
I dunno about you folks but i think I need to take up drinking again just for a cozy as fuck second half of the night.

Fuck man if they really wanted to pander to nostalgia they would squeeze second gig in somehow.

the more of Tokyo Ghoul I watch the more this gif starts to make sense.

>strait alcohol makes me sick quick
>ice cold strait alcohol is kinda nice at first
>mixed drinks are no longer getting me drunk as much
send help. drinking games are weird now

All I want is for Garo to air on Toonami before its inevitable demise.
youtube.com/watch?v=unMNs7xgTrc

>have hard evidence that DBZ reruns pull superior ratings even on a holiday/first football weekend
This can't bode well for the future of the block can it?

I do not wish for this thread to die. This thread is needed because of the fucking marathon night. Ever get close to an orgasm but fizzle at some point for various reasons like cutting a fart or bambi pops in your head?

Thats how I felt from this marathon night. two god damn threads and the second thread filled the next day only because people were asking "this is still around?"

>skip last week because fuck marathons
>get ton of shit done because I didn't spend the whole night watching garbage and shitposting
It's kinda nice freeing up Saturday. Maybe cancellation won't be so bad

>he doesn't jerk it to bambi farts
Fucking pleb.

>These past few years begging for Jojo.
>It's not even doing good.
Is it too homosexual looking to watch for some? Is it just too manly for others? You'd think a show with punch ghosts would do so well in America.

There is a part of me that absolutely feels this way but there's another that only slogs through the week because of these threads and shows.

It's pretty much guaranteed DBZ will restart from episode 1 next year.

JoJo is fucking trash only "liked" ironically by memers

>le punch ghosts xdddd
It's not doing good because it's a dogshit series. It had a huge spike of popularity a few years ago, but most of that was caused by memes. And like everything that relies on memes as fuel, it ran out of gas quick. Long before Toonami even got P1. Now people are forced to actually watch the series and not just upvote funny pictures on Reddit, and are quickly realizing what a garbage series it is

I used to be exactly like you. I don't think my life has gotten that much better, but the quality of Toonami has gotten significantly lower. I actually look forward to marathons now because I know it's a night I can skip guilt free

I honestly hope we can reach cancellation by that point. Not trying to be a doomsayer, but I'd rather Toonami be cancelled now and at least go out on a meh note, over trudging along an extra year or so because Kai reruns kept it barely above water.

Well good thing it's still running strong in Japan. Need to get that Part V rolling.

He will SAVE US!

GUYS JUST WAIT FOR THE EGYPT ARC JOJO WILL COMEBACK DONT WORRY

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

>Well good thing it's still running strong in Japan
Really?
How much does it sale in Japan?

This

-is not true.

user, WTF?!

>thinking that's messed up
We can always have a talk about fun tickles again.

>The overwhelming majority of shows from another country are more successful in said country than others
Wow stop the presses

is not dead,yours shitposting as always

You wouldn't.

Memes can be enjoyed by anyone, but enjoying the actual source material is a different matter entirely.

I guess JoJo is just too bizarre for the average Toonami viewer. The part 3 dub is kinda anemic, too.

>GUYS PART 3 IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD
>STANDS LOL SO EPIC
>GUYS WAIT FOR EGYPT
>GUYS JUST WAIT FOR DIO'S WORLD
>GUYS ACTUALLY PART 4 IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD
>MUSIC REFERENCES LOL

More like most of the kids spouting Jojo memes never actually watched the show. Just like how 10 years ago people spouting Jojo memes didn't read the manga, basically everybody going WRYYYYYY on Sup Forums and Sup Forums thought JJBA was a video game. And they didn't even play the game either. That's just how memes work: it's a low barrier to entry. Simply saying the meme is the joke, even if you don't understand it at all you can still fit in with everybody else by appearing to get the joke behind it.

Honestly part 3 is by far my least favorite. In part 1 you've got prototypical good-hearted hero Jonathan Joestar to root for with a classic vampire story mixed with Fist of the North Star martial arts, in part 2 you've got Joseph Joestar's trademark ruse cruise, but in part 3 you've got stoic autistic asshole Jotaro and his token similarly built crew featuring almost useless Joseph fighting Punch Ghost Monster of the Week that widely vary in quality but either way you won't be seeing ever again after their inevitable defeat with lots of canon episodes that honestly feel like filler. Then you've got part 4 redeeming the Punch Ghost concept by introducing you to the Daily Life of Punch Ghost Users. All part 3 got going for it is a strong villain that ultimately is just a rehash of part 1's villain and only starts getting more interesting than "ominous shadow sending out Villains of the Week" at the literal ass-end of the show. Seriously, DIO's involvement in part 3 compared to Dio's, Kars' or Kira's in their respective parts is minimal at best.

If it weren't for all the memes I doubt anybody would like Part 3 at all. It's just not very exciting and like you said it feels like canon filler most of the time. I get the impression Araki originally billed Part 3 for like 30 chapters at most and they told him it had to last 150.

Part 3 was actually supposed to have been the series finale but the manga performed so well, they decided to keep the money train going.

But Pt 5's dull.

Makes sense, part 3 closes off the Brando/Joestar feud and would have been a good end point for the series

Not as dull as Part 8.

>DUDE YOU GUISE JOJO IS COMING TO THE BLOCK IT IS SAAAAAAVED
>does meh
>lol part 2 it gets better
>meh
>AHAHAHAHA PART 3 FUCKERS STANDS AND SHIT AND THEY ARE GOING TO SAY THE THINGS
>meh
Dear Vocal Minorities,

Shut the fuck up.

Regards, silent majority.

Hey guys, I wrote a poem about the block, I hope you like it.

Toonami is shit.
Please cancel Toonami.
Fuck Toonami.

That's, like, 6 months from now. It would be amazing if Toonami is still around by then.

... arnt they going to egypt now?

you mean.. this isnt just 24 episodes?

you mean its ganna be around for.. well into 2018?

Correct. Part 3 is broken into two seasons, with the first being about them traveling to Egypt.

>western anime fans masturbate to this garbage
>Asian fans don't like it

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Plantzilla on toonami when?

P3 is 48 episodes total