Ronnie really understands the common man. He's literally /ourguy/

Ronnie really understands the common man. He's literally /ourguy/.

>It's a dark, lonely night... again. You tightly hold your plush love-analog. You lean in gingerly to smell it. It smells of McNuggets. You're taken aback, as you expected to simply imagine the savory aroma. You then realize that it smells such a way because your fingers are still fresh from the 50-piece meal you consumed before bedtime. Life-affirming joy washes over you as you drift away to sleep in the bliss of breaded chicken.

>that daki picture in the 4th panel
You DO know that this is a blue board right?

>roonie eats ketchup
I mean, I know he's a manchild but come on

Can't be ketchup. It's in one of the McDonald's sauce cups. Ketchup is in packets or your squirt it out from the pump. Probably sweet chili? It's the only one that's kinda red.

I can cap to this

OP, you know this isn't /aco/, right? Hot DAMN.

It's BBQ sauce you heathen.

I would know BBQ if I fucking saw it cunt. The packaging may be red, but the sauce is brown. McDonald's BBQ is the best by far. So good it's worth it to pay extra for the nuggets when you can get them so much cheaper at Burger King.

Is that a splatoon reference?

Are you colourblind m8? The sauce is brown in the comic

It's so red another user thought it was ketchup. It sure as shit isn't McDonald's BBQ shade of brown even if it is a reddish brown.

> People ITT don't know that the base of Barbecue sauce is ketchup (Excluding the variants based on mustard) and thus will always have a reddish hue

Oh I am laughing

>reddish hue
It's not reddish in the comic, it's straight up red.

Which one is it?

obviously ketchup

Here's the actual labels

What do you mean "it"? The BBQ or the one that most resembles what Ronnie drew. Top right for the former, bottom second from the left for the latter.

Nah definitely sweet'n'sour.

Keep in mind the desaturated colour palette he's using.

It's ketchup.

All they have at McD's here is Sweet 'n Sour, Honey Mustard and Tangy BarBeQue.

I would usually get a burger combo with fries and get BBQ for dipping my fries in, but they started charging for sauce. Fuck that.

I've never known any other than bbq. This is a revelation to me

How ARE they making money with eggs so cheap?

I only watch dubs. I don't want to read subtitles and not focus on the action.

Holy shit, Sauce?

Government subsidies

Which is proof he may not be Sup Forums's guy, but he is *my* guy.

>"dubs"
>pointing to the upper right

The RL situation is actually worse than that. The way chicken farming works nowadays is the companies own the chickens and the equipment but charge the farmers for it and buy the eggs at the prices they set.
So in reality the farmers wouldn't be allowed to eat the eggs either.

Use a fork.

Like a savage?!

Depends on the definition of himself.
Eg if the mcnuggets were made into liquid form and he sucked em through a straw would they solidify to gold in his mouth/throat?

Most stores sell eggs at cost or at a loss as a loss-leader.

>turn to gold when they touch his mouth

The yellow one.

>Not golden Agria
bhle

You never seen The Golden Touch? That doesn't work, unless you like gold in your gut.

Checked

>33KB
>33

This is funny, cuz subs are also translation. Raw, sub, and dub are three different products and of them only the raw is the "true, intended" version but it's worthless if you're not both fluent in Japanese and extremely familiar with the culture.

>33KB

PUT THE DAMN SUNGLASSES ON

There's nothing wrong with dubs themselves.
Whether the voice acting is good or not is the bigger question.
Subs to have the advantage of, since you don't speak the language, you don't pay attention to bad foreign voice acting as much.
But dubs can easily he just as good if not batter than original voices (but that's only very few occasions).

That's what (properly used) translator's notes are for.

>My Hero Academia.jpg

Agrias is not a nugg

>33 KB
WITNESSED

The point is that with subs you can still hear the original Japanese audio. So even if you're not fluent, you can still pick out a couple words. Like when I guy uses "watashi" instead of "ore". I swear, it's like you guys don't even read Ronnie's genius alt-text.

But dont they both mean the same thing, only one is more formal?

AThiests BTFO

>Most anime
>Action
maybe is you watch only the crap that is on toonami

That's Our Ronnie. He's the impotent man-child who makes Agrais' life quirky and fun!

Intent is seldom properly translated across languages. Like how the Eskimos have dozens of words that all mean snow. It's the reason why Muslims believe the Koran should only be read in Arabic. There's plenty of words that don't exist in every language and even when languages do have words with similar meanings, it's not always a one to one translation. So sure, watashi and ore both mean I, but you're missing out on the subtleties. Ronnie's point wasn't just about that one word, but the fact small things like this happen a multitude of times throughout an episode.

>breaded chicken

Come on Ronnie, you know better than to think that Mcdonalds uses edible byproducts.

>watching moe shit

IT'S S-*BURP*-SZECHUAN SAUCE, MORTY

Probably bad that this was the first thing I thought of.

That's even worse than ketchup.

McDonald's BBQ is a god-tier sauce.

>hugging pillow
it's called a body pillow

I'm proud to have witnessed this beautiful moment.

It's called a dakimakura. Hugging pillow is a more accurate translation if you don't want to use its real name.

Sweet n Sour is the only good one

Does anybody on this earth understand my love for Worcestershire sauce?

It's good in moderation if you mix it into something.

You know what sauce I wish McDicks had?

Sweet chili thai.

I drink it.

Gross. I don't think there's any sauce I like enough to drink on its own.

The search continues for those like myself.

why don't people EVER resize these images so that they actually point at the numbers?

Because it would be different for different sized monitors, not to mention mobileposters. Also, the thumbnail would never be big enough, so it'd only work if the user had inline image expansion and purposely enlarged it so that it would point at the numbers.

Translator's notes are the equivalent of "explaining the joke" - the work does not have the same impact as if you were the intended audience and inherently understood what was being referenced.

nicely done folk

this is not okay

>boot shape
Ronnie knows best girl when he sees it.

>Watching the cartoon that ended Walt's directing days
Just read the story, user.

Since this thread slightly derailed into mcdonald's sauces and that one guy's sick dubs anyway, what's the deal with the sriracha mac sauce? they tossed some in alongside the buffalo when I went there today and I just kind of brought them back and put them in my fridge with the other unused sauces, and I'm not sure if it'll actually be worth a damn or not.

You never know just how much you appreciate dubs until you see them again.

i drink salsa pringles dip

McDonalds uses ketchup packets, last I checked.