youtube.com/watch?v=XMgaQfv2Xo8
youtube.com/watch?v=G6L2NG6x9dI&t=35s
youtu.be/i79D8tqbxRE
youtu.be/nOhCieCYn1w
desuarchive.org/_/search/text/south park season 20/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93497299/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93469079/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hopefully next season is a return to form.

They always go back and hate the previous season, but season 20 really was the worst.

>They always go back and hate the previous season,

Eh, its only really the first 2-3 seasons that they've consistently hated on. Especially Season 2, which was to the point that they skipped doing commentaries entirely for it.

I really wish they would go back to the cruder animation of the early seasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=XMgaQfv2Xo8

i hope they go back to how it was before the south park movie too.

How do they feel about the movie looking back on it today?

19:00
>i can agree with a lot of fans where I'm just excited to get back to a lot of Awesome-O and Christmas Critters
Thank fuck.

The election apparently broke them.
Hopefully it doesn't mean it's not a season long bitch about all things Trump

They don't hate it, as they actually put in the effort with it. But there are things they wished they did differently, and they regret that they made the movie before Butters was an established character.

i hope they dont make the same mistake in 4 years

>the new ghostbusters and star wars is the reason america sucks

Must be nice to be so rich and up your own ass that that's the thing that bugs you.

If you consider trends in mass culture to reflect the mindset of the culture at large, it makes sense. Especially since South Park traditionally has been more about culture than about politics.

And they are right, that there's a laziness and clutter of thought that leads to the same conclusions.

Well Newbusters was shit

It's almost like they're creatives and give a lot of importance to things like creativity in media.

Yeah except that would mean that those movies are the consequences of the sucking, not the cause as implied.

casting women and minorities simply for the sake of casting women and minorities, is just as bad as only casting white people and men.

ghost busters was stunt casting. there was story related reason for them to all be women.

The member berries are the cause of the sucking.

Yeah they caused DRUMPF!!

There was some good parts about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=G6L2NG6x9dI&t=35s

No, the member berries caused President Garrison.

found the tumblrina feminist

I don't know about that, the same production team was also behind Bridesmaids, which is a very solid comedy movie. If the logic was "hey these people are a funny team, they could probably make Ghostbuster work", then I don't have a problem with it.

But as the advertising blitz wore on, they definitely tacked into the wind on the all-women thing. They said "you know what, yes they are all women, and that's a GOOD thing!", rather than just saying "they're the best cast for the roles right now, calm down". Also it's easier to sell Papa Johns and shitty electronics this way.

>Bridesmaids, which is a very solid comedy movie
Maybe if you're a retarded faggot

They said that they weren't going to mention Trump I think

>commentary trackdo they explain what happened with all the dropped sub plots?

All 4 including the late Egon stated already

>If you want the REAL Ghostbusters 3, go play the Videogame for PC/Consoles, its the original script coming back to life aka Ghostbusters in Hell

They seem to be proud of it but felt like they could've done better.

They also said they really wished they thought up of developing Butters before making the film and the Imaginationland Saga was originally going to be a second film.

Compared to all the Judd Apatow trash that the comedy landscape is choked with, Bridesmaids was a tightly written and well developed comedy. It was pretty menstrual, but at least it wasn't vegetables fucking each other in the ass.

The problem was Feig's pathetic limp dick and his inability to actually command anything. The movie never had a script. It was just a series of mediocre at best SNL skits threaded together.
That's why it was truly terrible. The "grrrrrrl power" shit was just a smokescreen

>if you ever feel nostalgia, you're racist
Fuck Matt & Trey. I thought I could trust them after all of these years, but they became the thing they made fun of.

Aren't there some jabs in the movie itself? So prior to controversy?
Like the villain is apparently a geeky fanboy.

if they wanted to make another ghostbusters movie, it should have been a sequel. they could have even kept the female cast.

how hard would it have been for them to just have bought a ghostbuster's franchise and bust ghosts?

but nooo. they had to reboot and shit on everything.

>>if you ever feel nostalgia, you're racist
This is not what they said. Like, at all.

The movie was still being written as the controversy was going on, so there are some references to it.
Like they talk about YouTube and YouTube comments are terrible and how you shouldn't read them.

The main villain is a "ghost fanboy" who thinks ghosts are wicked cool. Not really a jab at Ghostbusters original, but I guess you could take it like he's a stand in for fans of the original.

The worst bit is that they have Bill Murray show up as a skeptic. He's all like "ghosts are real, you're stupid women". Then the women go "Oh YEAAAAAH? Well how about THIS ghost!" so they release a ghost and it kills him. And they go "Oohhhh man, that's not good"
I don't think it's mentioned again. I stopped watching around then

They never said that, they were accusing the Ghostbusters defenders of saying that.

If the movie had been good, the villain would have been a small acknowledgement of the reboot trend in Hollywood and the difficulty in remaking properties. It worked in 21 Jump Street because that movie was smart about that particular element, but also because it was just a decent movie overall.

But when your movie is shit and also tries to allude to the original, which is one of the best movies ever made, it feels pretty condescending.

why did 21 jump street work where baywatch failed?

Baywatch was too RAUNCHY and FUN!

Because 21/22 Jump Street was clever and well written.
Baywatch was not

Hollywood keeps looking at popular, critically well received movies, and tries to copy them without knowing what made them good in the first place

Pretty sure the point where they fucked up was when the production staff started attacking everyone that ever had a complaint and then engaged the internet complainers. Not only is that the single most unprofessional thing one in a professional field can do, it is fucking ridiculous to engage teen non-critic complaining people six months to a year before the movie is even out. It's such an insane move that hurt the movie so incredibly, even more than their tumblr casting.

So they discovered the greatest way to solidify large groups of people who might have given it a shot or maybe could have watched it in boredom decide not to watch a damn thing specifically because the producer and director are such unbelievable unprofessional assholes that people avoid the movie in basic principle of "They are not getting my money...fuck them"

I would say that a large percentage of the people against the movie did not do it because of the whole all women cast thing.

It shouldn't have cost nearly 70 million dollars to make, the budget was too bloated.

Baywatch the tv series
>Women in bathing suits jobbing in slow motion and jumping around on beaches with a story that is almost a parody of super serious crime drama with cop show music and supermodels solving crimes, and there are some guys in there somewhere too we think

Baywatch the movie
>Completely centered around two guys who never wear shirts throughout the whole movie pretending to be cops in a comedy in the same vein as Let's Be Cops, and you might see a woman in the background in a couple scenes, but we never see one directly in front of the camera

...it's a fucking mystery

Bridesmaids isn't the same type of comedy that Ghostbusters was.

Also women aren't funny.

Honestly once Jump Street did it it was done, it's not clever anymore to do it again.
Acknowledging you're a hack doesn't excuse you being a hack, you're just showing you know you're a faggot but nobody can stop you.

It also worked for Jump Street because literally no one gives a shit about Jump Street. It's like remaking Bosom Buddies, the sheer fact that a studio thinks theres a demand for a remake of such a lame property just adds to the joke.

Ghostbusters is one of the most popular comedies in the world. You really need your team to be 100% before you pull the trigger on that shit, or you end up with the ChipS reboot.

What made the first Ghostbusters so good. Was how straight they were playing it.

Bill Murray and Rick Moranis were the obvious comic reliefs. Yet everyone else was a straight man.

I mean, nobody cared about Chips either, I don't even think Erik Estrada did.

That's just it, Jump Street was tearing the Chips reboot apart before they even made the Chips reboot.

I don't think Dax Sheperd is ever going to get to have a real career.

His parents named him Dax, he doesn't deserve one. His name is literally a family guy joke.

Remember the Chicken Pox episode?

Kyle at first asks his dad why can't rich people share all their money so everyone has enough. Gerald calls rich people gods and everyone else clods. that society needs the clods to serve the gods in order to function. then Kyle goes all 1488 and writes about killing all the Clods for a better society.

That was something.

same episode Kenny's dad implies Gerald got an unfair advantage because he was jewish.

Season's 18 and 19 prove they can do long story driven seasons. What 20's true problem was they didn't have enough material to stretch over 10 episodes. had they ACTUALLY planned out a ten episode story instead of just making an ending and called it planning, even the wrong bet wouldn't have crashed this season.

>They also said they really wished they thought up of developing Butters before making the film and the Imaginationland Saga was originally going to be a second film

Dear god why? Butters is arguably the worst secondary character to have episodes next to Randy

>Season's 18 and 19 prove they can do long story driven seasons
The episodes barely referenced one another and the season-arching plot was weak as fuck.

He it right though. Those movies are terrible examples who what movie studios think America will consume. The said part is a great majority of people still go an see them.

Doesn't he has the most solo episodes of a side character?

the fact people watch and care about what the Kardashians are doing was the first sign all hope was lost

No, I think when MTV created reality TV with real World was the first real sign of hope lost.

You kids are cute.

first 4/5 seasons of real world were pretty good though.

it was just putting some young adults into a house and watching them. then they started going to shit when they started having the house mates do things and fake drama.

Real World 4 London was comfy. They just all got along and had fun. Not even the English punk rocker or the German techno DJ(cliche much ?), could stir up shit.

Possibly but them pushing him is annoying. It was better when we was still being pushed around like a little faggot.

Not the reason but a sign. Notalgia is a often based in the fear of the uncertain. >I want my childhood back.
>Everything was good at that time

Do they make audio comentary to every episode? And where do I get that?

>You kids
Oh sonny, you sure are a bright eye babe in toy land.

All cancer. All reality TV is cancer. Just cheap fake forced drama.

But it was fun. It sucked that they tend to reset everything.
"You're Getting Old" loses the impact if they go straight to status quo.

Well, he is right. Jews are the masters of the planet.

The amount of unprofessionalism that has seeped into every type of media is absurd.

they work in the entertainment industry
television/movies
that's their "expertise" that they feel they have the credibility to comment on.

>you are rich so you must eat shit movies
what sort of logic is that?

I've always liked how critical Matt and Trey are of themselves. They always seem to want to try and improve themselves. But not to the extent that they are huge fucking pussies who want hold their own opinions against critics/fans/network.

Even in something they didn't like, they managed to create something hilarious and topical (Member Berries), amazing.

Nah, Member Berries are pretty shit, they're fine for one episode, but a whole season of them was tiring and annoying.

They would've been perfect if they were the manifestation of nostalgia rather than weird plotting grapes that wanted to go ww3

They're a collectable in the new game
>mfw

This. It would make more sense if people took them because they want to. Todays drug for the depressed.

It's funny how even the creators are not defending this shitty show anymore but their cucked fans will still get butthurt over any criticism.

youtu.be/i79D8tqbxRE
youtu.be/nOhCieCYn1w

Who will you join? The Fat Furry or Mysterion?

This is simply not true. Most fans are highly critical about season 20. Although not everything is bad about it.

For some reason everyone in every major field and vocation took the invention of twitter to mean they can now shitpost as if they were 13.

I would've loved to see the final episodes as everyone just overdosing on memberberries and electing Garrison. The next season would be everyone waking up to realize they let their nostalgia fuck them over.

It's so surreal to see South Park characters actually looking like anything other than South Park.

>Most fans are highly critical about season 20
Nope, they're just calling anyone that don't like it a trump supporter.

That's another bad things about this season, it fucked up their fandom even more.

Better question who would win: Zelda or Shiek?

I don't think you ever went to any thread about the show.

Yes I did, in fact it was because of those threads that I saw how oversnsitive they are.

They're simply the most sensitive fandom I ever saw in this site since that litle talking horses show and even those furfags got more thick skin than them in the last couple of years.

Thank fuck.

Meanwhile, Sup Forums is tearing itself apart over the new game. Joy.

desuarchive.org/_/search/text/south park season 20/

All those fanboys on Sup Forums. Nobody says anything bad except everyone.

You are a retard for even caring about them.

>muh pol
OBSESSED

It just means their bullshit is gonna spill out to other boards, like an overflowing toilet.

I thought it was a pretty good season.

I thought they do this every time there is some new media out

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93497299/
Not even ponifags and steven universe getting bothered by criticism, only SPfags

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93469079/

Season 19 was shit too.

>The 41 reply shitstorm.
>See the rage of those fanboys!!!

>almost 100 reply bait thread
>They are triggered so hard by strawmen that they forgot to post

Am I the only one that actually likes Butters?

Yet there was still two or three good episodes. Composing of Tweek x Craig, Safe Space and You're Not Yelping.

I'm happy they stop killing kenny so often wouldn't mind an episode with him without the hoodie.