Why is DOOM so perfect?

Why is his excellency Victor Von DOOM such a perfect human being fellow Sup Forumsmrades?

t. Not DOOM

He worked for all he got. His throne, his powers, his knowledge, all obtained thanks to his will to perfect himself. From living in a shitshack with other Gypsies to one of the most powerful men in the world, if not the universe.

Besides, he has flaws. His arrogance's the main one, and that (when written well) makes him human. If he didn't have any he'd be much less interesting.

He's a white male.

I'm not an expert but I've heard that his mothers deal for her soul included something about Victor succeeding at stuff, can anyone inform me as to the truth of this?

Serious question:

Why is Doomwankery considered good writing?

Doom accomplishes the power fantasy of being able to do whatever horrible shit you want to do and still be the "one all hope lies in" because the writer making the rules of the universe says you have to be.

The power fantasy of Doomwank Doom is getting to be the biggest most obnoxious self-important prick and still have people respect you because only YOU are the right one and only YOU can save the multiverse.

Pic related is what Doom is like without a writer sucking his dick.

Doomwank is the fantasy that you somehow change the world without first putting your own family in order.

Doom has no friends and no family. He can't keep one personal relationship that isn't toxic garbage.

And yet Doomwank allows him to change the world for the better.

Doomwank is what every Antifa with daddy issues from a broken home dreams of. Doomwank skips the hard business of building a family and skips to the glory of shaking the universe.

Doomwank is getting to be a little NEET who lives alone in his basement castle playing with toys and still getting if not love than respect for succeeding where the heroes fail.

Doom is an autistic virgin who screams his own name like a sperg and dresses up in ironic retro clothing because he thinks its cool. His idea of peace on Earth is turning the world into his medieval Eastern European playset.

He's so shy and insecure he builds robot doubles of himself just so he can blame his failures on them.

Doom is every man-child that wanted to bully the world into his own autistic idea of perfection.

THAT'S why Doomwankery is considered good writing. It appeals to the kind of people that skim comic books.

>Doom accomplishes the power fantasy of being able to do whatever horrible shit you want to do and still be the "one all hope lies in" because the writer making the rules of the universe says you have to be.
Okay, I get this.

But why the community, as a whole, accepts Doomwankery and even praises it as good writing?

A great part of the reason why Inhumans and Carol Danvers are so hated right now is because they did little to no good and were praised in-universe as the best thing ever. Miles Morales and Miss America are disliked by some for similar reasons.

So, if the community saw through the bullshit of the cases above, why this kind of writing gets a pass when the subject is Doom?

Batman pull the trigger and hits Darkseid with a god-killing bullet and dies in the process? Batwankery!

Doom uses a bomb (?) to defeat a bunch of god-like creatures, each individually more powerful than Darkseid, and suffers nothing for it? AMAZING!

America Chavez is praised by Miles Morales and Storm? Terrible!

Doom gets a god to say how amazing is his ability to rule? AMAZING!

And so on...

Because Doom appeals to the members of the community in a way other characters don't.

Doom is the ultimate autistic fanboy fantasy. All power, no empathy or tricky human relationships. You get to be correct because of who you are, not whether or not you're actually correct. Writers will bend over backwards until their spine breaks to make you RIGHT.

What's Doom's economic policy? What's his family policy? What's his plan to save the world?

It's all ultimately 'shut up and listen to DOOM!". And in Doomwankery it works because HE IS DOOM!

The question you should be asking is why happily married writers (Morrison, Kirby) don't suck Doom's cock while writers that aren't happily married (Hickman, Byrne) do.

Doomwank appeals to damaged individuals who are just as lonely and dysfunctional as Doom but have none of the power.

Doom can at the very least force someone to say "I love you".

Hickman and Byrne can't even get that.

Doomwank is the fantasy of being able to make people love you when nothing else works.

This is how Kirby wrote Doom.

Strap in for a history lesson.

Original MOLECULAR SHIELD by the way.

I hate writers that keep pushing Reed as THE ONLY ONE who can step to Doom's level and challenge him.

Because there's nothing more satisfying than seeing Sue go angry mother on his ass or Ben break his toys and bully him like a nerd.

This is Doom. A man hiding behind a mask and armor whose will is no match for a palooka from Yancy Street.

This is probably the best fight in the entire original F4 run. Ben fights an uphill battle then when Doom's toys are broken he caves.

Because Doom is not MUH WILLPOWER MUH PANTHER GOD MUH ALL HOPE LIES WITH DOOM.

Doom is a little man in armor.

And this is how the fight ends.

Doom, silent and cowed, slinks away, his will broken.

No fancy speeches. No vow of revenge.

His MUH PURPLE MAN will is broken. By a brawler from Yancy Street.

Can you imagine modern Doom writers every letting something like this happen to Doom?

Of course not.

>Can you imagine modern Doom writers every letting something like this happen to Doom?
Yes, but it would be retconned as a Doombot in no time.

>The Thing breaks Doom's will and his toys.

>Doom scurries away silently like a whipped dog.

>"Ben no! You'll kill him!"

I want to post this in every Doom thread.

Doom would have been killed if Reed didn't call the Thing off.

Doom owes his life to Reed. Does that ever come up?

>MUH DOOMBOTS

I always hated how writers used them as "that time didn't count" cards.

Especially Byrne. Guy retconned Arcade striking a match off Doom's armor because he thought it was beneath Doom's dignity or something and couldn't bare to see Arcade not quake in the knees at the very presence of his Doomfu.

>Happily married men aren't Doomfags and don't write Doomwank

Holy shit I think you're onto something user.

Could the Doomwank phenomena simply be writers taking out their relationship frustrations?

Byrne is a divorcee and Hickman is a virgin so its possible there's a connection.

>gypsy
>white

>Doomwankery thread becomes an anti-Doomwankery thread
Men are still good.

bump

Stan Lee's parents were related to gypsies.
Does Stan Lee count as white?

are you sure that Doom teleport switch to Doombot when thing got out of control
Something like that totaly in-character to him

I'm surprised this is still canon.

Imagine it happening nowadays. Doom getting defeated by only brawls only looking pathetic. Doomfags would shit their pants.

His ass kicking from The Thing happened in the Kirby/Lee run. In other words before Byrne cock sucking made Doombots a thing.

The Thing canonically kicked his ass one-on-one and would have killed him if Reed didn't stop him.

Doom owes his life to Reed. And no one ever brings it up because Doom is their waifu.

Was this before doom became the second best sorcerer?

You have gone to many lengths to explain why doom is the ultimate manchild fantasy (and I don't disagree) but you haven't explained why that's a bad thing yet.

>gypsies
Gypsies are North indians nomads from the lower castes that came to Europe in the XV, they don't usually mix with nongypsies

>having to explain why its bad for people to continually stroke their own egos
not the guy, but its pretty obvious by itself

it was at Ben's mercy, most of all

brute force beat his brains, and Doom can't accept that

>implying one character being an ego stroke means anyone who reads stories about him continually stroke their egos forever and ever
That's bullshit and you know it. There's a time and place for everything. You can enjoy doom without every facet of your existence being ego stroking.

It becomes a bad thing when he's suddenly able to keikaku a race of beings that punked the Celestials and Living Tribunal, saves the multiverse from destruction while the heroes fight among themselves and die, and have even his enemies speak of him with respect and reverence.

Susan Storm doesn't talk down to Doom like she did here anymore:Instead she has to let him on the team and treat him as an equal and let him spend quality time with her daughter.

That's what's so great about that fight. It wasn't a space god that beat Doom and it wasn't a super genius. It was the ever-lovin' blue eyed Thing.

And he didn't just beat him. He bullied him. Ben might as well have asked for Doom's lunch money and called him a nerd.

Did some DOOM Cosplayer steal your date or something user? You sound awfully butthurt.

You are right on all acounts.

I don't understand that.

Or you like Doomwankery or you're butthurt?

I'm a bit ambivalent of the entire fiasco. On the one hand, if it was Victor, that means he has a touch of the jungle fever, which amuses the hell out of me.

On the other hand, a Doombot who can't get enough of that chocolate is also kind of hilarious. Might work as some kind of Nextwave character, honestly.

>But why the community, as a whole, accepts Doomwankery and even praises it as good writing?
Probably started with Secret Wars, when he conned the Beyonder and it just sort of became acceptable since then.

I'm with the anti-doomwank user. I prefer Doom as a petty, hammy, classic villain; not some gary-stu "savior of humanity"

See the thing is, Doom still needs to be a worthy adversary, even in the fight that's been posted Doom giving as good as he got until the start of the last page where Ben breaks his suit. Make him a ham, make him petty, but you can't make him weak. It just does disservice to the people who must ultimately beat him.

Doomfags and Batfags are the most annoying people in the community, and I'm pretty sure that if I did some polling, there would be huge crossover between the two.

Gypsy is not a race, Victor is romani so he's...
kinda white.

I like both. Petty, hammy villain, who keeps his people in great living conditions, provided they don't talk back and is capable and willing of saving the world from world ending threats, because the world is to be his eventually.

>Thinking that people who love "doomwankery" think it's intrinsically good, not seeing it just as fun overall.

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

Mary Sue kinda like Rick Sanchez

Reed>Doom

But most importantly.
>Not loving them both.