Teen prodigy stated to be one of the smartest people of all time

>teen prodigy stated to be one of the smartest people of all time
>has no idea who Thanos is even though he's attacked Earth multiple times

Isn't that like if you found a supergenius child prodigy in real life, and they had no idea who Bin Laden was?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/I01Zp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remember the issue where they had a school teacher laugh off the idea of aliens, even though aliens have repeatedly invaded their country in extremely public ways, crushing entire cities in the process? Even as he acknowledged the presence of superheroes, some of which are aliens?

But that's a school teacher, while Riri's a superhero that Bendis keeps trying to hammer into our heads is smarter than Tony Stark.

Be patient with her, she has autism.

She would seem a lot smarter if she had picked up on the verbal cues that indicate Thanos to be a proper noun, and thus not "a Thanos".

However, I can't help but think that she was just trying to be cute, and knew what she was talking about.

>Thanos was the one who killed Rhodey, one of Tony's best friends
>Riri pretends not to know Thanos just to be cute
That just makes Riri sound like a bitch.

That's fucked up.

Killing off the Black Ironmans just to have a terrible new little girl take over the role.

Is it true it only happened because they heard War Machine was going to die in the Captain America movie?

I have to admit, I haven't read the comic in question. I was just going off of the OP.

Should she be aware of Rhodey's death?

Tony's been her mentor for months already, and she says she's been keeping track of world events since she was little. So it would be weird if either Tony namedrop him in passing, or she never asked Tony where War Machine was.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
smells like bad writing

Maybe Thanos' s involvement wasn't widely published in the in-universe press? Even if it was, his actual name probably isn't half as well known as his image. I mean, how often does he announce, "I AM THANOS!"

Besides that, isn't Tony famously tight-lipped about anything he doesn't think is immediately important?

Yup. The got it from the trailer then reached out to marvel studios, who vaguely acknowledged it. Bend is took this as insider knowledge and got all prissy when WM didn't die

Intelligence and knowledge are different concepts. You can be a well-informed idiot, an ignorant genius, or any combination thereof.

Are all the new superheroes need to be black now?

>all these mental gymnastics to excuse bad writing

You marveldrones are absolutely retarded. First you defend the MCU now Bendis!

You mean after the Skrull Invasion, Operation Galactic Storm, Secret Wars (both of them), The 4th Host of Celestials, and Galactus people still think aliens don't exist in the Marvel Universe?

My god. Remember when Marvel used to have editors?

No shit.

You gotta remember that everybody exists in their own seperate personal pocket universe in these comics and that they only occasionally tangentially align with other people's universes for events.

So it's natural that a civi's universe could have never touched a cape's universe and thus have never come into contact with alien empires, invasions of earth, ect.

School teachers are obliged to teach the curriculum, even if they know it is wrong, if the material says there are no ayys there are no ayys, even if you are one yourself.

See: Common Core.

Teachers are basically the ultimate Cuckolds/Cuckqueans, raise others kids AND compromise every value and belief you hold for others.

Makes perfect sense, Riri is for people who don't read comics.

The difference is, we get paid for it.

But if they don't read comics how will they read a comic aimed at them if they don't read comics?

MARVEL AMERICA HAS LITERALLY BEEN INVADED BY ALIEN EMPIRES MULTIPLE TIMES!

A GIANT GUY IN AN EVEN MORE GIANT SPACESHIP LANDED IN NEW YORK AND TRIED TO EAT THE PLANET!

What the fuck writers...

Does Marvel have editors?

hahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAH

For some reason, Bendis REALLY REALLY likes writing his characters as being ignorant of things they really should know. Especially things that Bendis doesn't particularly care for.
I used to think it was to make exposition easier, but he does it even when there is no exposition being given. I now realize it's because Bendis himself is ignorant, so he likes writing his characters in a way that they are just as ignorant as he is.
And yet everybody and his mother knows about Luke Cage and his relationship with Diamondback.

You keep memeing this and it keeps not being funny

If there's one thing Bendis can never stop thinking about its the BBC.

big tits edit was the only good thing to come out outta this comic.

Not everyone you dislike on an anonymous imageboard is the same person.

someone post it

>And yet everybody and his mother knows about Luke Cage and his relationship with Diamondback.

Even Miles Morales's mom.

I mean, there are teachers this stupid in real life, but you'd think that every student in class would simply start laughing at the teacher, and wiping out their phones to show him videos of the latest Skrull invasion.

But do you get paid ENOUGH?

Bendis likes to be funny by ignoring continuity. It's a joke. Although it's understandable that you don't get this. Bendis loves to ignore continuity and he kinda seems to enjoy insulting other writers on Marvel.

Aw man, you could make a veritable collage of all the scenes of Bendis characters being ignorant of things that should be common knowledge in-universe.
He uses the phrase "I don't know who that is" way too often.

Not to mention that for some reason Riri asks WHAT is "a Thanos" instead of WHO is Thanos like anyone with a brain would. You usually defeat people or groups, not things.

you think that's fucked up? of course there are going to fucking be people in the marvel universe who thinks there are no aliens. there are anti vaxxers, holocost deniers and AIDS conspiracy theorists in REAL FUCKING LIFE.

i repeat...

IN REAL LIFE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE VACCINES ARE POISONOUS AND POINT TO A SCIENTIFIC STUDY THAT THE CREATOR ADMITS IS BULLSHIT AND THAT'S IF THEY DON'T PUT OUT BS LIKE A MOTHER KNOWS BETTER THAN DOCTORS TO JUSTIFY IT.

Does anyone?

better not tell that to the doctors who beat polio or any other virus man.

that whole beating a thing isn't a thing might piss em off.

This is incredible off topic. and isn't a really good point to begin with.

>being this conditioned
I bet you think Earth is a sphere as well.

>Being unable to research
>Denying whats seen irl
I'm pretty sure everyone in comicworld has seen an alien at least once.

I just had the hilarious idea of a conspiracy theorist whose whole worldview is "There's nothing out there. It's all just local super-heroes in costumes and shit, playing at being aliens because that way they make themselves seem more relevant and important. There's no aliens and they've never visited us."

>"usually"

>What's a Thanos

actually i was supposed to link to several posts but most specifically this one.
for some reason Sup Forums didn't link them all, getting sick of that. my point wasn't, this character being a case of marvel writers not having editorial oversight but an example of a real world type of person. a deranged fringe person like aids deniers, anti vaxxers or yes even the flat earthers.

WHAT'S A WOMAN?

Is this an edit?
That doesn't even make grammatical sense.

I don't care who you meant to reply to. You clearly would rather talk about vaccinations than comics.

One of the Spider-Man prose novels I read started with an idea sort of like that, where Spidey met a guy who literally thought he was the first person to come with the idea of putting on a super-suit and try to rob a bank.

Every time Spidey brings up a person or thing that's supernatural or alien the guy basically says it's a crock of shit and clearly he would have NOTICED if a giant man in a purple helmet tried to destroy the Earth.

It was a pretty good gag for a pretty bad book.

I don't understand how anyone on Earth would know who Thanos is.

Doesn't he mainly operate on a cosmic level?

Supposedly some people earn too much.

Thanos has invaded the Earth several times though. Most recently in Infinity and the finale to Bendis' GotG run.

imgur.com/a/I01Zp

I've tried to tell myself I'd avoid saying this anymore but... read a fucking comic. Or more specifically don't post doubting something you know nothing about.

Keep in mind these are Marvel civilians. They're so dumb it's amazing they remember to breathe. Them not believing in aliens while aliens are in the middle of probing them is totally in-character.

Thanks! Could've sworn there was more, no?

this is all i've got!

but i didn't keep up with the threads.

hot

But you can't have them believe in aliens so much that they put Norman Osborn in power because he thinks he saved them from aliens one minute and then have them not believe in aliens the next.

>But you can't have them believe in aliens so much that they put Norman Osborn in power because he thinks he saved them from aliens one minute

I still can't believe they wrote that.

He said "Hi" to the people of earth at the end of Bendis' Guardians

Maybe they all misread the news and thought Normie saved them from illegal aliens from Mexico

Only geniuses.

Aliens?
Those are guys on funny costumes, trying to steal the glory of real heros jst like that Spider-Menace

Context? Because this definitely isn't present "reality".

Marvel just throws around the term genius for anyone with a tech gadget. Most of them are written as dumb as dirt regarding anything other than pseudo-science.

Specifically, Bendis watched the trailer and wrote his story around that, instead of getting early shitty scripts like he did with GotG and totally ripping that story off because Feige got Ike and Bendis kicked out of the movies

Bendis thought it sounded funny so he wrote it.

This. It's just his lazy ads way of writing expository dialogue. I dropped New Avengers because he always had Carol flying around screaming "Who are these these people?" or "I don't understand what's going on!"

Goddamn I hate him.

Does Bendis know that the Avengers expanding in the Galaxy is 42% of times a bad thing?

>Does Bendis know
The answer to that question is usually "no". The rest of the time it's "yes, but he doesn't care".

Marvel Generations. Riri gets transported by the Vanishing Point to the far future, where technology has achieved utopia thanks to Riri, and Tony Stark is sorcerer supreme. Wish I was making this shit up.

Pretty simple.