Do you guys blame yourselves for the decline in comic sales for not speaking up more against SJWism?

Do you guys blame yourselves for the decline in comic sales for not speaking up more against SJWism?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/july-sales-distribution-dc-vs-marvel-vs-image-the-big-picture-keeps-converging/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No because as much as I like comic books the industry is fucked to the point that the only thing that could fix it at this point would be a crash. I don't care if it's conservative or liberal, the industry needs to die so something better can be built on its ashes.
Keeping it on life support is doing more harm to the entire medium than it is good regardless of the politics involved.

>image is the lead
bullshit. i would love it.
but
BULLSHIT.

It needs to crash the current system is bad.

they are in the lead of books selling less than 10,000 copies

what's your proposed alternative?

God, I remember when SJW were annoying internet jackasses and not the all purpose boogie man of the right wing. I miss those days.

And no, I blame declining sales on poor product with poor distribution.

They contribute to the poor product

burn it down. burn da schwool to da grownd

I blame myself for buying less and less comics and buying more and more manga, do I feel bad about it? No.

Hi fellow SJW sure is nice to blast the patriarchy aint it fellow SJW? Black lives matter amirite? Let's drink chai tea and ponder about our screenplays together about bashing the fash. what say you?

I want people alternatives before they say let it burn.

Ask yourself this: "what proportion of my posts are me doing an epic ironic SJW impersonation?"
Then reconsider your life.

And where do you think those poor products come from? America is a prime example of a SJW poor product.

Manga.

>for not speaking up more against SJWism
Or people could just... buy what they like...

>not speaking up more against SJWism?

Speaking up against it caused them to escalate it out of sheer butthurt.

And in return the industry is dying faster. He should keep up calling them on this bullshit until the industry dies completely and they fucking leave it alone and we can rebuild in peace without their bullshit.

>decline

Where were you when SJWs saved the industry?

only 1 post. so my life is good

no all people did was be keyboard warriors who cry online. Nobody listens to lonely people. unless you do it as a group you'll never do anything right. that's why you failed at gamergate too.

adjust for inflation genius. jesus is this honestly something sjw's dont realize?

no wonder sjw's are communists. you dont understand how a capitalist market works

Basically this.

Comic sales aren't really declining over time. The preferred format is just shifting over to trades more and more each year. Additionally the sales are being spread out more due to the proliferation of indy books taking away business from mailine Marvel and DC books.

TL:DR More comics are being sold across all formats but there's more titles out there so the sales are spread out more.

Honestly that kind of makes it worse. You know it's unoriginal and unfunny but yet you hop on the bandwagon.

No, and OP is a bundle of sticks.

Exactly, people getting triggered amirite guys? Wanna start an antifa cell in our towns? Just to bash the fash?

If the increase was only dollar inflation the current figure would be $775m approximately

There is a possibility that people are voicing complaints against overly politically individuals and political correctness because they genuinely dislike it. Have you considered people aren't saying this to be cool or trendy, but, because they genuinely dislike it?

You presume that it's impossible to genuinely dislike it. Why?

>comparing to 2011

give real numbers that go back more than 6 years you hack

This.

Well, I mean more like a weekly or bi-weekly anthology book. Or maybe two anthology books a month.

That and DC/Marvel needs to just set up a website where people can read all of their old comics up to a certain year, and just have ads on the sides or whatever so they can collect the money from how many people visit the site a day.

But if they're not willing to do either of those things, then just fucking knock their books down to 10 ongoings, and two mini's. If the Mini's become popular than any of the ongoings, then they get the ongoings spot. Make the writers and artist fight for their paycheck.

marvel is getting their money through variant covers. and most comic book stores have started boycotting.

It's guys who buy the first issue just in case and hold it hoping it will be worth something in the future. that's why marvel's comics all see huge spikes first issue then die off so quick. it's collectors

> we should mock them EVERYWHERE!!
Reminder that Sup Forums amounted for and the like amounted for a big part of Faith's publicity, effectively playing themselves.

Its the real sarkesian effect. People on Sup Forums and around the web tend to manufacture outrage and give publicity to the people they hate while insisting that everyone ignore them. Its like a non-joke version of "the game".

>Or maybe two anthology books a month.
Do you think that could work? A Shonen Jump-style book bringing many different comics in only one book?

American education, ladies and gentlemen

Exactly. It doesn't help that we're in the era of ironic consumption so they get those clients, too.

Comic sales aren't really declining over time? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Back in the 50s, Uncle Scrooge used to sell MILLIONS of copies EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

>that graph that makes zero sense
>the amount of redditors sperging out in this thread
w e w l a d

To be fair, that's a really shitty graphic. It took me a moment to understand that those were the number of titles in that sales tier for each company.

>MAH SJW

>MAH JOOOOOS

>MAH TYBOOOONE

>MAH TRUUUUMPF

>MAH REEEDDDDIT FROGSTER

It's almost as if members of a certain board come here to just post their shit.

People on Sup Forums and Sup Forums keep talking about a crash of their respective industries like it's a great big reset button that's going to get rid of all the bad stuff.

Except comics aren't going to make a glorious return if the industry tanks, not when there are concurrent five to six multi billion dollar movies being released each year.

It does make sense though
It's just poorly executed because the creator doesn't know how graphs work

It's sales
DC has 3 books selling more than 100k units, while marvel has 1. Nobody has books that sell in the 90-99k range.
Most image books sell 10-19k or below 10k, and most of marvel's books are selling 39k and below.

Are you guys really this afraid of strong women and blacks?

I think the stories keep getting better with different perspectives. More heroes should be Muslim, female or black. It makes them more like the hero stories of old and its not really fun to hear about yet another white male.

what the timeframe of this graph?

You mean an industry that essentially enslaves its creators to pump out work until they die?

comicsbeat.com/july-sales-distribution-dc-vs-marvel-vs-image-the-big-picture-keeps-converging/

>Comic sales aren't really declining over time? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
In the short term, they're rebounding. But yes, all print media has declined over time. It's almost as if alternative forms of media entertainment like television and movies as well as advances in technology giving rise to things like the internet have had a massive effect on things printed on paper!

How do you read this chart?

And I remember when they didn't have the power to load up the eisner nominations with garbage, or to toss Cho off of covers.

retard

X axis is sales of units
y axis is how many books sell that number of units
DC has 3 books selling 100k+, marvel has 1

Don't see why not, it's just a matter of how Marvel/DC go about it.

Hell, maybe even throw in some Disney comics too, or reprint the old Scrooge stuff.

>Sup Forumsmblr faggot talking about boogiemen

Top Wew

Exactly. Or until their work is voted out by the readers. Either one is good.

I always kick myself for not setting up competing left/right wing content aggregators back in 2012. Woulda made a killing in ad revenue. Theres probably a market for writing outrage books Rush Limbagh style.

Comic anthologies do not sell.

And marvel unlimited is a thing and DC is about to do their own.

the stupid thing about guys like you is you dont realize they would have made outrage regardless. even if faked.

the issue wasnt talking about it. the issue was being lazy and not understanding how to talk to people. Same thing is happening with trump supporters. the have the right ideas but their communication skills are pure trash

>if people ignored it there still would've been outrage
ok

hi shareblue. how are you today? I make money posting on Sup Forums and dismissing trumpsters claims too. Want to be friends?

>the stupid thing about guys like you is you dont realize they would have made outrage regardless. even if faked.
So the solution is to provide real outrage?

im personally with you on the fact that if something crashes now it's just going to be reborn as a SJW property. Better not to let it crash

HOWEVER voicing strong opinions and boycotting is actually working. Rumors are Disney is planning to step in at Marvel if numbers dont approve.

There's also rumors (idk if confirmed or not) that the new marvel storyline where everyone is a minority is in effect going to be reversed. The new characters like riri karmela and miles will go back to the Ultimate universe and Tony, Thor, Hulk and them will be returned to their original characters.

So I mean it's possible it works. but you cant fuck over the industry you're trying to save. You have to present yourself to be respectable. Which is why the comic book shops guys boycotting was a big help if that does indeed happen

if im being honest yeah im a bit scared of black people. One time one of them shit on me in a park

The decline in sales IS how you speak up, idiot. Publishers don't care about criticisms, they care about their bottom line.

This is exactly the reason people keep scolding the addicted collector types that If you don't like something, DON'T BUY IT.

seriously surprised it's hard for people to tell. ok it's not the most perfect chart but how the heck is it hard to read? literally color coordinate with the key at the side and see the number of sales. like how is that hard? i got it almost instantly

i didn't say ignored. I meant even if nobody said anything, anita and her cronies would have still pushed the anti female narrative. the only difference would be no one would be challanging them. Again I say it's idiots who don't know how to talk to people that ruined that whole thing for the gaming industry

It'll happen soon user. The only thing keeping the industry afloat are the film adaptations. Much like Westerns, Teen Comedies, and Slasher films, Capeshit movies will also fade away.

>I meant even if nobody said anything, anita and her cronies would have still pushed the anti female narrative
And do what, spend millions of dollars in marketing to get people to listen to them vs free word of mouth?

>People disagreeing with me are automatically part of the group i oppose
>>Sup Forums

I am also part of MediaMatters. I work Monday Wednesday and Friday. How about you?

>The only thing keeping the industry afloat are the film adaptations.

Adaptations are good, but the main source of money is merchandise. Remember Ike the Kike is a former toy executive, and he bought Marvel for their merch shekels.

the problem is they thought the movies would drive people to the comics. But movies are a social event. Comics are still nerdy and kinda solitary activities. Most people who are lonely don't care about reading adventures that empower others. They want stories that empower themselves first. And these comics are meant to empower an audience that already has friends and a social life and dont care about comic or nerd culture. hence the drop