What went wrong?

What went wrong?

everything involving relationships

It ended, and was limited by not being on Adult Swim

/Thread
Seasons 1-3 are some of my favorite cartoons ever.

it was consumed by shipperfags

im assuming that some thirsty fans managed to get on the storyboarding/writing teams and ruined it all with shipping

the first three seasons are still goat tier IMO, i watch them every once in awhile for a good nostalgia trip

I really liked the ending, so at this point I can forget about all the Margaret bs while reminiscing.

So I guess nothing.

Pops died

Nothing. It was excellent all the way through. It's one of the best American cartoons of all time.

He was too good for CN, user.

The CEOs changed and the new one doesn't like cartoons that don't treat their viewerbase like retarded baby monkeys

its a self insert of the creator
it was wrong to begin with

That, and the dome, Thomas, the whole going up to space BS. It went wrong when they added ongoing plot lines.

You see that black and white CN at the top? That.

Regular Show was taking up too much air time from YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW

Nothing, when looking at it holistically. The Mord relationship stuff brought in the shippers; the shippers were then unfathomably assblasted and BTFO'd by Mord's ending. So ultimately it was for the greater good that the Mord relationship stuff came, just to fuck with those sacks of garbage and make the whole pay off that much greater.

[citation needed]

Started taking itself a little too seriously and relationships became the staple of the show.

>start off saying pissed
>by season 5 they can't even say crap
>by season 6 violence is toned down and innuendo starts getting put down
>by season 7 violent scenes have work-arounds that either do it justice by making it funnier (non lethal beanbag gun) or just feels shitty (pew pew pew), innuendo is dead
>by season 8 the budget is slashed, combined with everything else previously said
To top it off, they couldn't have cancelled it at a worse time except maybe on the S7 cliffhanger, because since it was canceled during production of S8, this experimental season became the final one, and they only had 15 episodes to figure out how to end it, and it came out barely acceptable in many places.

Making it the final season fucked everything up, it wasn't meant to be. The space thing would've been fine had it been just another season but toying with plot and a status quo change, instead it had the weight of being the series finale season and couldn't stack up to the needs of one.

There were so many mistakes in this season I can't help but feel the entire season was rushed in production and not just the finale.

romance

I wish they never got the polished backgrounds, it made everything feel stiff and boring where the animation degrading already didn't.

>that feel when you don't know if your relationship drama is better or worse then Mordecai

i feel like going into space was a huge risk for the series that i initially hated but balanced it self out well enough.

I really wish that Pops shit was handled better, or they tried to be unique with the backstory. That fucking superman shit doesn't cut it.

CJ deserved better.

Mordecai and Rigby didn't get together

I don't disagree with your second notion, but you can't deny a sharp drop in quality after Exit 9B.

She was a bitch, waifufags are blind

this

Forcing Margaret back in place of CJ

she existed

Judging by these threads, all the shipperfags wanted Morby instead.

I just wanted a happy Mordecai

>What went wrong?
they didn't finish drawing skips

No one wanted to discuss the show

That's because rigby was really possesive of mordecai during the first seasons

Not enough guests with breasts. Muscle Man's don't count.

They made mordecai and rigby non-gay

Any of you fags that genuinely held out waiting for them to be gay were not just delusional, but autistic.

At some point, I just lost interest in watching. Something about the show didn't seem as funny as the earlier seasons were but it's been years so I can't say exactly what it was. Looking at an episode guide, I think I stopped somewhere in the middle of season 5 after the Thanksgiving episode. It sounds like things got worse after that which killed any motivation I had to go back to it. (I hate shipping faggotry so that alone is turning me away)

They also made Rigby too much of an asshole a lot of the time to the point where he was unlikable and really doesn't deserve to keep his job.

>They also made Rigby too much of an asshole a lot of the time to the point where he was unlikable and really doesn't deserve to keep his job.
they pussywhipped him and now he's a sweetheart

I think he was starting to get wore out on ideas, but I'm sure he was also getting tired of CN telling him "no" every step of the way and just getting lazy because he knew if he tried it'd be pointless.

Don't get me wrong though, like I said he was probably running out of ideas, but CN wasn't being very caring after their new era came in.

rigby dying in the war, the show couldn't handle mordecai without rigby

F

The Halloween episodes weren't good after the first one, but they kept doing them

It was one episode over and over again.

New opinion, neat.
Care to elaborate? Did you like anything about the others at all?

Seems like most shows start out edgier than they finish. Most of the innuendo people remember from Rocko's Modern Life was from season 1.