Why is marvel's marketing so shit

> make a big deal about hiring a hispanic writer for their new comic about a hispanic hero
> dont have her give any interviews in spanish to reach out to the target audience of hispanic people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_WtoxFBzTFA
youtube.com/watch?v=YypzWfwOC3A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is why the comics industry is crashing harder than Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign. No one wants to join in their sjw ideological masterbation, let alone pay money for it. Into the trash it goes along with black spiderman.

>another "Why is" thread

Rivera can't speak in Spanish. She is 100% gringa.

Sometimes I forget there are U.S. citizens who don't speak a lick of English.

Can someone post the very best of Rivera?

She doesn't know Spanish. Her stuff triggers actual Spanish speakers. It's worse than using google translate.

>citizens

>bolieposting a friog

>Gabby Rivera
>Joe Rivera
>Paolo Rivera

Is this nepotism?

>Geraldo Rivera
yes clearly

Jaja, tienes razon anonimo. Ahora, que tal si le decimos al op maricon?

>black spiderman.

you shut your mouth. He didn't do nothing wrong.

Besides no appeal to absolutely anyone at all? No one asked for it, no one wanted it, and that's why no read it. Racial fetishists blackwashing other people's characters to get their ebony cummies is not economically viable. It needs to stop if the industry is to survive.

>usando un solo signo de interrogacion
en estados unidos se usan LOS DOS

¿Como? ¿Así? ¿Use bien el acento?

I understood anonimo and maricon, and that alone is enough to let me know that you're complimenting my shoes. Gracias, and a buenos nachos to you, Pedro.

De nada, maricón.

wait you mean they couldn't find an actual gender fluid latinx YA poem writer who speaks spanish?

Mariano got them all jobs cause he's cool guy.

>anonimomaricon
spanish alan moore novella comic confirmed?

Correcto.

latinx?

Yeah she bullshits it as she and her family felt threatened speaking spanish growing up in LA so they never did.

Fun fact: Latinx is literally made up and not an actual thing. Even Real Academia says its bullshit. Its literally Americans projecting their hangups with gender onto a gender based language that they can't even speak or understand to force the same conventions that they have on English onto it.

Latino is already a gender neutral word grammatically, but these college age 2nd generation "Latinos" are drinking so much kool-aid its spilling into their tacos.

T. Spaniard.

Deja de hacerle bullying al gringo maricón, mira que luego se pone a llorar y llama a los mods.

I hate xir bangs.

>Implying Gabby even understands Spanish, let alone is capable of speaking it.

¿Por que esta enfadado este anonimo? ¿Acaso no estoy hablando en estadounidense?

¡Reina Asesina!

¡Bomba terciaria!

¡Muerde el polvo!

I (vaguely) know what he said and you can relax 'cause I don't give a fuck. It ain't the first time I've been shit talked en español, puto. And is there really no spanish equivalent for bullying in this context? Weird.

It's what happens when your team is made up of latinx and self hating obese white men in their 40s and 50s.

>> make a big deal about hiring a hispanic writer for their new comic about a hispanic hero
Did they actually? Or did they merely say it and clickbait sites ran away with it and made it a huge deal?
Because I find this seems to happen a lot with Marvel's "pushes".

Also Gabby can't speak Spanish, she plastic as fuck.

It's not like it's a requirement to write in English, it's only an issue because she makes a big deal of the latinx stuff and insists on inserting spanglish in her writing.

>it's only an issue because she makes a big deal of the latinx stuff and insists on inserting spanglish in her writing.

"Bullying" is sort of an Anglo concept, at least originally, so lots of languages don't have a direct translation.

Are you Hrrn-ing at me or at Gabby?

Bravuconeria, imbecil.

Not really.

pero eso suena como el pico

Callate, maricon.

usa otro insulto por la reconcha de tu puta madre

Miles was well liked enough when he was in the Ultimate universe. I often see people point Ultimate Spiderman as one of the few Ultimate comics that remained good after Ultimatum and the ultiverse's further deterioration.

He also came way berore the current trend of pushing minority characters under well known hero names begun.

I've seen people who don't like the term Latino because it puts an emphasis on their European origin over Indigenous/African.

The Spanish used to have a term for every combination of mixed heritage, including if you were full blooded Spanish but were born in a colony.

I think they know she's a full on idiot who can only drive away her already dwindling audience. They're glad so few outlets have interviewed her.

>industry dying for 30 years because they think adults are more interested in comics than children
>bad at marketing
woah

Man, i grew up speaking spanish but when i learned english my dad died and i just stopped speaking it because he was the spanish speaker of the house but we lived in miami. i still have my spanish accent but i pretty much lost it. it was probably a psychological thing.

Gringx you fucking scum.

Latino does not put emphasis on European Origin. It refers to people who speak a romance language or come from a Romantic culture. Hispanics and everyone in the Hispanosphere are Romantic.

Pic related shows that the Spanish caste system never even mentioned "Latino"

Nobody feels objectified by "latino" in actual latino countries.

Only dumb Americans at liberal universities do this for their own hangups and obsession with gender.

Andate a olerle el pedo de concha a tu hermana, hijo de puta.

This.

does this mean that quebecois people are latinos?

Tipico Chileno.

Yes. As a matter of fact, they are. Haitians are Latins too.

>Pic related shows that the Spanish caste system never even mentioned "Latino"
enlightening

Brazilian here. Dunno about the first part, but there is a term for each combination of race in here:
>Mulato: black and white
>Mameluco/caboclo: white and indian
>Cafuzo: black and indian

I got you Gringo.

Of literally all the legacy Champions crew, Miles has like the least amount of character and is literally just black peter. With more powers, that do not even make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=_WtoxFBzTFA
> 6:00
> i was picked on as a kid
> i was considered too white because i was smart
what did she mean by this

That little shit not one of us and will never be.

I agree. This suit is beautiful.

Shut up argensimian.

I thought Latino referred to people with roots in Latin America specifically, which includes non hispanic Portuguese Speakers. While Hispanics refer to people with roots in Spain, like the Philippines.

Well, you are wrong about the first part.

Gabby Rivera doesn't speak Spanish

Hispanic = from Spanish Speaking country
Latino = From Romantic Country (country that speaks a descendant of Roman Latin)

When can we get a blackx or niggx

Either the gender-neutral version of "latina/latino" or referring to hispanics that are non-binary. I've heard it both ways.

Gabby is a terrible person on every level. Editorial hates her. Her artist hates her. Other writers hate her. She's every bit as self-centered and confrontational as you imagine.

The worst part is that, given America's personal history as told by Gabby, alienation from a culture you're ostensibly a part of due to lacking a fundamental experience would fit perfectly with America being a Hispanic from an alternate reality. It's a perfect metaphor for Rivera's English-only upbringing clashing with her desire to be a part of Latino culture and she somehow managed to miss it. Instead we got, "literal cultural appropriation is okay as long as brown people do it."

Same story different shade. even Gabby was considered smart kek

Any sources on those claims? If not, can you make up something that seems plausible?

'Black' is too neutral. Maybe if we started going with Blackula and Blackulina, like I thought we should from the beginning.

Marvel is 100% aware beaners aren't going to read about a lesbian from another dimension who is brown just because she speaks spanish. Beaners like Spiderman, not this shit. This is 100% marketed towards college feminists on tumblr who want progressive diversity in comics.

> being called white is an insult
> implying herself to be white

>afraid to speak spanish in fucking los angeles

So how old is she like 90?

Fucking this.

She didn't tweet shit when Puerto Rico was strike by the Irma Hurricane

It is like she is not even trying to cover she knows nothing about latinoamerica

The concept of "Latinness" was invented by the French in the 1880s to counter pan-Germanism in Europe and to expand French influence globally by roping Latin Americans into the French sphere of influence through things like the Latin Union.

>emphasis on european ancestry over other ancestries

And yet these people probably have no idea what the phrase "la raza" means in a historical spanish context.

COME TO ME MY LATINX-MEN

Whitey spiderman is the most emofuck in the world , I can understand why people like him

Would I be able to score a gig writing for marvel on the basis of my oh so diverse actual brazilian upbringing on an actual brazilian countryside town in the middle of brazilian nowhere?

Except that Ben Carson has actually accomplished things, Rivera is just a fucking retard writing a shitty comic.

>LA
>threatened because you speak Spanish

Shit if I lived in LA I'd feel threatened NOT speaking Spanish

I miss the days when all I really hated about him was peter being dead

>tfw if we lived in better times/comedy writers weren't literally SJWs this would be a joke someone would make on TV

Buenos Nachos XD

Only manchildren like Peter. Spock is the man's spiderman.

>tfw that will change in the next decade

And I wouln't call whatever bizzare pidgin shit coming out of Gabby's mouth and twitter English either.

Que wea es eso

youtube.com/watch?v=YypzWfwOC3A
CON CICLOPE

Side note:There is no Spanish equivalent for Sup Forums?

>Kaepernick was featured in the museum of negroes before Carson or Sowell because of their political beliefs
>He even a true darkie

Well, there are some spanish threads in /thrash/, but thats about what i know

>gender fluid
Oh God, is she that too? I was pretty sure I saw pictures of her and she was a sort of androgynous blob, but I didn't know she'd bought into that nonsense too

You've seriously never heard of Sup Forums?