I just watched this movie, seems kinda overrated...

I just watched this movie, seems kinda overrated. I'm mean it's great for a DC movie but the new spiderman was much better. Don't know why it's so hyped up. Action was so bland. Best part were the wonder woman waifu parts

you said it yourself DC set the bar so low all they had to do was pull an average marvel 6/10 that plus good marketing made it a hit

I genuinely enjoyed it for the character of Diana, the character of Steve, and their interactions. The final fight is kind of a big dumb special effects mess, but I really liked seeing Diana interact with man's world, seeing Steve always try to do the right thing, and seeing their chemistry together.

It's far and away the best DCEU movie, and I feel like it's a pretty good version of the "Wonder Woman comes to man's world for the first time" story.

I'm so bored of it being treated like it's the best movie ever created.

It's also an extremely insulting simplification of WWI.. The estate of that historical German general should sue for defamation. Imagine your great-grandfather was a decorated war hero who helped end the war and seeing his image perverted for a comic book flick, depicting him sadistically murdering his own generals and killing him on screen. Why the hell would they use an actual historical figure instead of making one up?

It certainly wasn't perfect, but worse than Homecoming? Lol

I was bored the entire time I watched it. Took me three days to finish it. I kept getting bored and switching to something else.

Diana trying on clothes was cute though.

>at historical German general should sue for defamation. Imagine your great-grandfather was a decorated war hero who helped end the war and seeing his image perverted for a comic book flick, depicting him sadistically murdering his own generals and killing him on screen. Why the hell would they use an actual historical figure instead of making one up?

they probably aren't suing cause he was an asshole who stole credit from his subordinates and helped found the nazi party. but that's edgy™ now so who knows

It was overhyped because SJWs.
Smash the patriarchy and such.
Decent movie regardless.
Not great, not bad.

After listening to so much hype about it I've kind of lost interest in seeing it and I am a bit of a WW fan. I'll probably get around to it one of these days.

> the new spiderman was much better
both are mediocre by the books superhero flicks.

Can you fuck off to Sup Forums with this shit?

Wow you must have the attention span of a retarded gerbil.

Fight scenes barring the last one were pretty well done and "No Man's Land" sequence was legit great.

>Don't know why it's so hyped up.

Because people are allowed to have different opinions than you. Are you saying people who think it's great are wrong?

Good movie, but man, Dr. Poison was so much more cool and interesting as a villain than German General and Mustache Ares. There should have been more focus on her.

Sure, maybe if you are autistic

It's a decent movie with some cool action and the first 2/3 of it being ok, but it REALLY falls flat in the last third with its message and resolution.

Hard to have a superfight with an evil chemist.

I disagree, the (few) action scenes were great. The CGI wasn't good though. There could have been more fighting.

They got the Wondy parts real good, Gadot played the cute and naive well, Trevor was great. The other team members not so much.

Said the kid who can't pay attention to a 2 hour movie. They have this thing called ritalin for people like you.

>That scene where the general guy throws the gas mask in the room after gassing the other military guys

>"that won't help them"
>"yeah but they don't know that"
>they both giggle maniacally as they run off.'

Loved that scene

I liked the general as well, maybe because he wasn't incompetent like most of the villains in movies. They even let him and Poison have a funny scene.

it was a big shit

another marvel coward

MCucks are forever anally devastated after one of their "insiders" said the movie was a "mess" only for it to be both critically and commercially successful. Let the salt flow

All of this first paragraph, additionally, I really enjoyed Etta and they should really do a set of shorts with Etta and the rest of Steve's team as with the additional scene included with the DVD/Bluray release. I also enjoyed the set up story about the gods (although wished they hadn't said Ares could kill so many by his lonesome) and the entire Amazon ethos and it's good that it will be also in Justice League. It's one distinct part of the DC canon that differentiates it well from other stories of this type and they should spend some more time there, even if its with different characters other than Diana (e.g. say the Justice League Dark team with Circie, or the other Amazons - the BM which I don't want to bother looking up).

I hope they can follow it up in the sequel. I mean every WW reboot have it easy. When the naive amazon meets the mans world it has endless possibilities of comedic and dramatic scenes. After she settles in however it, is extremely hard to not make her look like a cunt when she tries to act by her own rules.

Marble-terns are really working hard tonight to earn their .06 disneybuxs. You realize one Irma blows Disney World into the ocean, you'll only be able to use them in fucking Anaheim, right?

>Implying normies care about company wars
>Implying it being DC had anything to do with its success

>but the new spiderman was much better.
Marvel shill confirmed.

Both have pretty huge adaptation problems (motivated by Stark-senpai instead of Uncle Ben, the Greek gods are all dead, etc.)

But Homecoming edges out a little bit by being more original than all the other origin movies, it was more of an anti-heist film.

Yeah, easily the best scene in the movie.

No, fight scenes with stupid slow motion everywhere aren't good. Especially when the moves render in slow mo make no sense in the fight and the use of cgi is so obvious.

It's an average movie with some good scenes and some mediocre to bad scenes.
Gal Gadot is great in comedic moment and awful when she needs to be earnest.
All the villain are terrible, yes, Dr Poison included.

Am I the only one who was a little put off by the action scenes where Diana just kills a bunch of people who can't possibly harm her? Like, fuck, girl, at least try to get them to surrender instead.

(also, whatever happened to that big German ship following the plane to Themyscara? They send a landing party ashore that gets killed by the Amazons, but then the ship with the great big cannons is never mentioned again)

One of the nicest surprises I've experienced in terms of live-action capeshit movies in awhile. I genuinely thought this movie was going to be complete shit and I ended up getting a pretty good, if not pretty damn good, movie that actually got the character of WW herself right, along with Steve Trevor and Etta Candy. It's really a damn shame that we're probably never going to see either ever again, because they were all very entertaining and had a lot of great chemistry with one another as well.

Easily the best DCEU movie but that's not saying much. I will say that it gave me a lot of hope for the DCEU though.

too bad we're not getting a director's cut

>but the new spiderman was much better
no it wasn't

rekt

> the new spiderman was much better.
shill get out

>t the new spiderman was much better.

that movie was really bad all things considered

>But Homecoming edges out a little bit by being more original

Overrated but still better than homecoming, this spiderman movie had one of the most cringeworthies and pointless supporting cast I ever saw, every character but Vulture and Peter was terrible.

>homecoming
>original
It was the most generic superhero movie I ever saw.

The new spiderman was better though. The action was better and it had funnier moments. Also the scene where Peter was struggling out of the rubble was better than anything from any marvel or DC movie.

I disagree, scenes like "above average" and "the mask is useless" were funnier than homecoming humor.

Also the no man land was simply epic.

To me it felt like a mix of Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. It definitely did a much better job than Thor, but I don't know about Captain America.

I was honestly disappointed when Ares showed up. I had called his true identity like 30 minutes before when he started acting suspicious, but I was hoping to be proven wrong. I've never been a DC or Wonder Woman fan before so I didn't really know if Ares was a thing in the comics, and I was hoping that Wonder Woman would be forced to realize war is complicated and much bigger than any one person. Humans fight wars for their own reasons, not because gods made them do it. Would have been a ballsy move but a good one.

But then it turns out "no, it's Ares".

>But then it turns out "no, it's Ares".
Ares made pretty clear that he don't cause wars, he just gave humans knowledge to be more destructive and lead themselves to extiction,

The fact that is in humans nature to fight forever is the reason why Ares saw them as evil and deserve to be destroyed.

it was alright not very memorable but not bad
i dont like how they compare it to the dark knight and spider-man 2