Hey Sup Forums, /k/ here

Hey Sup Forums, /k/ here.
Why do you guys like superheroes? Why do you like superpowers?
Why do you want an unstoppable force to control the law and morality in your city?
Why do you find beings with essentially endless power inspiring? Isn't a human's struggle to reach the top a much better lesson and tale? What's so good about seeing all powerful people and aliens fight goons or other all powerful people?

At the end of the day these characters always have the advantage. They don't need to work hard against anything significantly challenging or more powerful than them. They don't live as normal people, or at least rarely do, and end up with a Christ/savior complex that's unrelatable and borderline Authoritarian.

Does this medium ACTUALLY just boil down to seeing superpowers go up against other superpowers and oggling cute girls in tights?
I mean if so that's fine, just a bit fucking basic.

Shut the fuck up, Frank. Go take care of your family.

>/k/ here

Don't you mean Sup Forums? You creeps are basically the same board.

I prefer supervillains actually, because they lose. I like seeing the mighty fall. To that end, the more powerful the better.

Look, you have to understand where you are. /k/ is full of a bunch of chads with guns, literally the kind of guy so manly that most of our degenerate populace would love to get fucked by. We are a bunch of NEET shutins who wish to idiolize something beyond our mundane boring exsistance. While you live that life of power and superiority with your knowledge of guns, we jerk off to mexican guys dressesd like princess and the jokers cum dump. You are a more well adjusted individual then any of us, leave this cancerous place and never come back as to not taint yourself with our filth.

>Sup Forums is the same as /k/
You shut your mouth

I think the essential optimism behind superheroes is the idea of a person with that kind of power using it unselfishly to help people and protect them instead of abusing it for their personal gain.

It's counter to pretty much every example that real life has given us of what people do when given unlimited power but it's optimistic since it speaks of an unselfishness and better nature that only occurs in fleeting instants of peoples lives.

Also guns are dumb.

I think you overestimate how well off the average /k/ user is.
Ever seen a meetup?
Then again maybe eating cum brownies and sacrificing goats to Odin is Chad for you.

I guess I can understand the selflessness bit, but that's not restricted to superheroes with superpowers.
You have folks like Desmond Doss and people who will selflessly save others at risk of personal injury or death, so I don't see how throwing the ability to fly and go invisible affects that very much.

>Then again maybe eating cum brownies and sacrificing goats to Odin is Chad for you.
Honestly, thats takes more guts then the faggots who make shit up like this have in their system

Also, people like fantasy and science fiction a lot and superhero comics provide them with a bunch of that too.

Sometimes its not about deep themes or morality or whatever the fuck - sometimes its just fun to see people say fun lines and do cool shit that would be impossible to see in real life.

It's all entertainment.

Alright, I think I'm starting to get the picture then.
Sci-fi comparison helped. Thanks.

I actually haven't payed close attention to cape comics in about 3 years because it just feels like running around in circles most of the time. Didn't replace them with anything, though.

Man, I fucking love that book.

Well, the first part more than the second and the ending was kind of mediocre but damn good reading.

Still not as good as The Forever War though.

Not Sup Forums but, have you ever seen jojos bizarre adventure? It pretty much sums up why people like escapist muscle bound men beating each other up in a homoerotic fashion. Its like a soap opera with violence

>Does this medium ACTUALLY just boil down to seeing superpowers go up against other superpowers and oggling cute girls in tights?

I'd argue the genre would probably be better if all it aspired to was doing this really well

I just like Superman visiting kids with cancer to give them some hope. And fights that end with several planets destroyed.

It's fun.

Remember that bit in Preacher with the KKK meeting and that one that guy who just keeps going BOY I SURE DO HATE NIGGERS and the other guys can't stand him because sure they hate niggers but they can talk about tractor pulling too like normal human beings.

Sup Forums and /k/. Totally different.

I feel weird. I regularly browse /k/ and Sup Forums. There's no reason you can't enjoy superheros and their ideals and still like guns and enjoy learning about war.

I feel that the limits of reality are boring. Something possible isn't interesting enough to me.

Because we're not insecure narcissistic faggots like you.

Real life power and morals is a lot more complicated to tell stories about.

If you made a superhero story about world war II, you could have Nazi-man and America-man clash directly while arguing about their respective worldviews, rather than the real world version of events, where the soldiers on the ground were only rarely there for ideological reasons, they didn't talk to the other side, and the winning side had nothing to do with morality.

>a Christ/savior complex that's unrelatable and borderline Authoritarian.
Superheroes (almost) never tell people what they have to do, they just draw a line in the sand and step in to say 'No" when somebody goes too far. They enforce the rule of "Don't do that, you'll hurt someone", with a level of authority that works on anything that could possibly hurt you. In all our lives there are things out of our control that we have to live with, so when we pick up a book and read about a guy who can walk up to a hurricane and say "Hey, leave these nice folk alone", and it listens, it feels good.