So, what cartoons are you looking forward to from 2018?

Links with trailers/pilots/pics of known upcoming stuff:

CN:
Summer Camp Island
youtube.com/watch?v=gMwzE0U_bU0
youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M

Apple & Onion
youtube.com/watch?v=gsnxNdRFYLk

The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
dailymotion.com/video/x5zw4t7

Craig of the Creek (just a picture)
cartoonnetwork.wikia.com/wiki/Craig_of_the_Creek?file=Craig_of_the_Creek_image.jpeg

Unikitty (gif)
unikitty.wikia.com/wiki/Unikitty!?file=LEGO_Unikitty_Promo.gif

AS:
The Jellies
youtube.com/watch?v=s57_NhinFeY

Hot Streets
dailymotion.com/video/x5h0v5h

Nick:
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - nothing so far

Pinky Malinky:
youtube.com/watch?v=xjTAhSrTrIw
youtube.com/watch?v=XKaHSYeONJo

Glitch Techs
animationmagazine.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/glitch-techs-post.jpg

Disney XD:
Big Hero 6
youtube.com/watch?v=fp-R-mmuJtw

Big City Greens:
youtube.com/watch?v=vZg-k6RndKE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CciuNRKi2W0
animationmagazine.net/tv/cartoon-network-emea-ennobles-prince-ivandoe/
youtube.com/watch?v=gMwzE0U_bU0
youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M
youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None really
Summer camp island, apple and onion, and especially craig if the creek look super boring and uninspired

Also coming to CN, DC Super Hero Girls
youtube.com/watch?v=CciuNRKi2W0

Not sure if this will be the style of the actual show.

The Heroic Quest of Ivandoe
Craig of the Creek
Big Hero 6
Big CIty Greens

I agree with this.

Kitty is not a cat seems fun.
I was excited for stretch armstrong before I saw they changed his design.
I wanna see the new dc super hero girls to find out just how far off the deep end faust has got.

>summer camp island
Literal preschool baby shit
>apple and onion
Unfunny regular show clone
>the heroic quest of the valiant prince
Shitty gumball clone
>craig of the creek
Literally uninteresting borefest
Is miller trying to kill the network? Seriously, these all look like fucking shit

So what do they mean by traditionally drawn?
Does it just mean frame by frame?
Surely they don't mean physical drawings

Emara: Emirates' Hero
the annual episode of Lucky and pie
Kitty is a cat
big city greens If I'm up to it

How do you get gumball clone from that short clip?

Don' worry, she'll greenlight Infinity Train and Villainous for 2019 to keep the network afloat.

The artstyle, its painfully obvious

>these shows

The series is being produced in partnership with Copenhagens’ Sun Creature Studio.

“Ivandoe is a really exciting project, with an extremely talented creative team at its helm and welcome support from the Danish Public Service Fund. The story and style presents us with a great opportunity to introduce this new IP in a non-traditional way, with a host of interactive digital elements that will allow kids to get to know the hilarious and loveable characters by questing along with them. We can’t wait to see the response from Cartoon Network fans.”

Created by Danish animators Christian Boving-Andersen and Eva Lee Wallberg (previously on the team for CN EMEA’s The Amazing World of Gumball), The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe (10 x 3 min.) follows young prince of the forest, Ivandoe who is tasked by his father, The Mighty Stag, to go on a quest and return with the magical Golden Feather of the fearsome Eagle King. Accompanied by his dedicated squire, a small bird called Bert, Ivandoe embarks on an epically silly adventure, discovering new and mysterious areas of the forest and an array of peculiar creatures along the way.

“It’s been so much fun to work with Cartoon Network and the dedicated team at Sun Creature Studio developing what started as a small idea in East London into 10 actual episodes produced here in Copenhagen. We are very happy and proud of the result and we really hope that the kids out there will love questing with Ivandoe just as much as we do,” said Boving-Andersen and Wallberg.

The property will launch as an online interactive digital play experience alongside its linear roll-out, encouraging kids and animation fans to “quest” with Ivandoe and Bert,traveling the lands and unlocking new episodes a first for CN

animationmagazine.net/tv/cartoon-network-emea-ennobles-prince-ivandoe/

So it's 10 3minute shorts that has some interactive bullshit, not even a proper cartoon, is this Villainous 2.0?

The Jellies, I'm a tyler, the creator fan and am excited to see him get his own cartoon.

Big City Greens

>Summer Camp Island
So this is what the ATwriters can pull out of their ass after the show they hijacked with "lore" and "feels" made it into a tumbling mess.

Apple and Onion because I have a massive crush on Richard Ayoade.

Animation is dead.

Anime says no.

you should consider that maybe you're just bored of watching cartoons

>anime
Yup, it's all dead.

Come home and watch some live action user, I know you want to.

No, it's not.

Well there goes my hype

Hey, if it is successful it could be turned into a full series, but I feel like they'll go with the Mexican Villainous instead if anything.

Fuck, nothing

Bump

Season 3 of WOY. It probably won't happen, but I'll fucking hope my ass off.

>those artstyles

Craig of the creek sounds interesting, it's like Clarence meets the hunger games.

That was canceled, it's dead, Jim.

Big Hero 6

Maybe Craig of the Creek if it has an ongoing plot instead of just being a slice of life comedy.

>Summer Camp Island
I still can't believe something this ugly got greenlit. The art style better have a major change in order to make it watchable.

>Maybe Craig of the Creek if it has an ongoing plot instead of just being a slice of life comedy.
user, modern cartoons can't into story.

>I still can't believe something this ugly got greenlit. The art style better have a major change in order to make it watchable.
user, modern cartoons can't into art. It will 100% keep the pilot style.

>It will 100% keep the pilot style.
I was looking it up because I remember seeing a storyboard draft image. So there will definitely be some changes.

user, storyboards often look completely different from the end result. If they make it looks less like shit, then good, I guess?

This just got announced, it's a series of shorts made in Mexico, similar to the Villainous situation. And a bunch of new Villainous also got announced at the Pixelatl thing.

Viking Tales is the name.

Why could't we get this instead of Summer Camp shit?

>youtube.com/watch?v=gMwzE0U_bU0
>"He's 14 years old"
I'm kind of finding this hard to believe when he's saying and doing stuff like this
>youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M

>the jellies

damn that shit was meta.

Any non-comedy action cartoons coming out?

The only thing I'm looking forward too is Rebels season 4 and the new YJ season.

I have a feeling unikitty is gonna blow up like MLP did but unlike MLP its kawaii as fuck

I think it's kinda cute. Nothing special, not great, but comfy.

> The Simpsons
WHAT

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw

>Unikitty was a dumb joke from the Lego movie
>Has a wiki

The only one I have even a little bit of interest in is Craig of the Creek, because it seems like it might channel Clarence as far as being genuine slice of life goodness rather than overbloated manchild fantasies.

Like, imagine if the kingdom of kids that was the playground in Recess extended to an entire town. No random bullshit, no goofy wacky premises, no anything goes deus ex, just kids being kids with imagination and a little bit of cartoon leeway.

Anime.

Has decent chances of happening desu.

bump

I think that's the audience they were going for but I think it's gonna crash and burn.

>That artstyle

I just wanted a cute show about super girls. It's nice that they got Hynden Walch though

Thread should be titled
>The State of Western Animation General

This

Got to see the Craig of the Creek pilot as part of a storyboard test. It's based. Favorite new show

All we have is a fucking picture, what gives you such high hopes for it?

Also how did you see it, I'm calling BS.

Only Big Hero 6

Is this any good? I heard it's based off of comics, are those good?

Honestly, from this list I chose that one too just from the thumbnail and how the Tangled series is.

I'm excited for Apple and Onion because I've been feeling empty since Regular Show ended and this looks like it may fill the void.
I'm excited for Unikitty as well, I loved the Lego Movie so I'm hoping this will be just as funny.

>DC Superhero Girls