HERE COMES INSPIRATION

HERE COMES INSPIRATION

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYFTbzREY7M
youtube.com/watch?v=h013wC6cbK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>an entire episode just to appreciate Paul Williams

Dexter's Lab got weird with its pop culture at points. Still, can't fault the man's talents.

youtube.com/watch?v=UYFTbzREY7M

GREEN... GREEN BUTTON DISAPPEARS, OH GOD

And after all that, Dexter reverts to his miserable self, just to satisfy status quo.
Perhaps the most criminal trope ever created.
Do you agree, Sup Forums?

As a kid, I just assumed from the ending that Dexter wasn't actually enjoying himself at all, he was just playing along so the guy would finally leave him alone.

TOUCH

You poor thing, thinking like that at such a young age.
No really, take care of yourself and be more optimistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=h013wC6cbK4

WHO IS PROFESSOR HAWK?

You ask us!

That is what happens though

right?

you were a depressing kid

>Sorry for the intrusion, sir, but at least you have been ransacked by a man of impeccable taste

Wait what the fuck, that isn't what the takeaway was? I thought that too.

That's not cynical, when I was a kid I was certain the first black president would be assassinated.

Instead they just assassinated his character for eight years while he tried in vain to save this country from, well, its current dumpster fire.

He was a below average president by our current hindsight

He was below average and set a couple dumpster fires himself.

Pretty sure you missed the point of the episode, which is that some people just aren't into certain things and attempting to force it will at best do nothing and at worst cause them to move from being indifferent towards something to actively disliking it.

I'm going to see Paul Williams in October here in Winnipeg (the only city in North America where Phantom of the Paradise was the runaway hit it deserved to be). They'll play the movie, dinner will be served, then Paul plays a set. It will be awesome. Paul is awesome

I never understood why he looked like a burn victim.
I got that he aged the moment that old recording was destroyed, but why does he look like a fucking burn victim?

Seemed that way to me, too. Sorta like the Johnny Bravo episode with Johnny Osmond.

In an alternate universe, Dexter continued getting lessons and becomes a savant EDM artist who keeps his identify secret out of shame.

Because the Phantom destroyed the recording by burning it.

Agreed. Easily one of the most underrated songwriters of the 20th century.

>He was a below average president by our current hindsight

By our current hindsight he was a significantly better president than what came before and after him. He at the very east had enough sense to act like he was even remotely competent.