Wannabe Ren & Stimpy horseshit

Any other examples?

Other urls found in this thread:

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-02-24T10:34:00-08:00&max-results=6&reverse-paginate=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only one that comes to mind is Mega Babies and maybe Brothers Grunt.
Odd, since this was supposedly a huge trend back then.

I wanna say Wacky World of Tex Avery but I probably shouldn't.

Many would say Cow & Chicken, but I think it's a different kind of humor.

cow and chicken was mostly staffed by people from Games-era Ren and Stimpy anyways

Too Loud

spongebob style was fashioned over J.K.'s nu-retro style.

What's John K. been up to? I remember Ripping Friends, but the only things I know he did were a Weird Al video, those R&S episodes for Spike, and a Simpsons opening.

It's not bad.

Rick and Morty?

that's south park wanna be

Cow and Chicken was kind of a much more friendly Ren and Stimpy, but it didn't particularly have the same style of humor.

and that's a good thing

C&C>R&S

>Cow and Chicken was kind of a much more friendly Ren and Stimpy, but it didn't particularly have the same style of humor.

Eh? Cow and Chicken almost ARE Ren and Stimpy, except with more obnoxious fat demon constantly bothering them in stupid disguises.

I thought he was still bitching on his blog?

Spongebob adapted a lot from R&S with the detailed close-ups and stock music.

CatDog always seemed like a safe, dull replacement of R&S too.

John K has been pretty quiet recently, he hasn't critiqued recent cartoons.

I wonder what the artists from APC are doing these days. Say what you will about the show, but it had awesome art and animation.

Didn't some of them work on the El Superbeasto Rob Zombie movie?

honestly, was worth it for the beach bath section. there really isn't enough western adult animation.

i remember liking the pith possum and cowboy ones.

There's that one 90's reboot of Baby Huey.

Nick Cross - Over the Garden Wall
Katie Rice - El Tigre
Vincent Waller - Spongebob
Fred Osmond - Spongebob
Chris Reccardi - tons of stuff

About half of 90s comedy toons were Ren & Stimpy wannabes, with varying degrees of success.
It's pretty lame that because John K is an asshole, everybody here seems to feel like they need to hate on Ren & Stimpy, when it was one of the main reasons 90s animation was so much better than 80s stuff.

kek

the dude who made that comic is salty af

He makes animated videos for smoothie machines

Meh John K is kind of a tool

Indeed. If the artist was a minor celebrity, no doubt he would be using his fame too to bang young fangirls too.

The funny thing is that 6 years later, Kyle's still a terrible artist coasting on emulation of other artist's styles with none of the associated knowledge.

This long comic pales in comparison to the nuclear level burn that is "stolenfrommyDad.jpg"

post it

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-02-24T10:34:00-08:00&max-results=6&reverse-paginate=true

At the end of one of John's rants, he posts examples of unappealing art. Three of them are Kyle's pics, which he had supposedly sent to John because he was a big fan.

Previously John had ranted about how people base their abstractions on existing artists instead of making their own observations. His filename for Kyle's All-American-Father is "stolenfrommyDad.jpg," which is his esoteric way of saying "Stop copying elements from my interpretation of fatherhood, make your own interpretation, stupid."

Kyle has been salty ever since, prompting the creation of the above comic. Even getting a CN show has not ended this salt flow. His butthurt is unending, and it's over a goddamn filename.

Actually it's not stock music, Spongebob has music specifically composed for it.

I do hate the Animaniacs style that Kyle is so fond of. It's bad. It WANTS to be fun and creative but ti doesn't know how.

B B B B

It's because everything is exactly what you expect it to be and all the designs are completely devoid of a creator's voice.

The hot woman is a fox. The chauvinistic man is a pig. So on and so forth. Maybe one day Kyle will learn that knees aren't located in the shins.