Liberstad is going to become the first private city in Norway. Where no government services will be provided, and fire...

Liberstad is going to become the first private city in Norway. Where no government services will be provided, and fire, police and such will all be private.

Since no government services are provided they technically don't have to pay tax. And there will be no fiat currency used there, only things such as gold, silver, copper or bitcoins. In this way they can also avoid taxation, fees and VAT.

Has Sup Forums heard of this project? Either way, what do you think about it?

Project website: liberstad.no

Other urls found in this thread:

l-a.no/nyheter/Hun-er-klar-for-Liberstad-481937.html
marketwatch.com/story/45-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2016-02-24
working-minds.com/money.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interesting. Will visit, if it starts working.
How big area will it be, and are there any natural resources?

Hiw does this work? Norway says "oi m8, you want your own city?"

Also, who are the main persons behind it, and their backgrounds?

It's all on the website, I believe. On my phone so tell me to translate, if it's all in norwegian.

I think it is a group of anarcho capitalists who are the leaders of this project. They talked a bit about the project in a meeting with party members of the libertarian party in norway (Liberalistene).

Noone knows how the government responds. Hopefully it won't go too nice if the town starts to blossom. Because it'll show the state for what it is.

how the government will respond*

In reality this will just become another tax haven for ultra-rich people.

will there be any laws set by the state whatsoever?
how can it be part of norway if norway has no control over it?

Well, this is the kind of person who moves there.

l-a.no/nyheter/Hun-er-klar-for-Liberstad-481937.html

If they can legally set this up I'd seriously move there. I'm an engineer.

They need to do site translations and spread the word around.

The website says that the only rules are that you respect private property rights and the non-agression principle.

That doesn't refute what I said.

Taxation is theft so what's your point?

do you think norway will tariff the fuck out of it?
how will travel into and out of the area be conducted?
i can't really imagine this occurring without (((someone))) on the outside fucking it up

So who will fund the infrastructure? shit like roads, sewers etc.?

The people living there

Endelig, håper projektet virker.

who will enslave the children from birth without the state?

How is this different than tax? It only encourages leeching at least with tax everyone pays.

I dont see the Norwegian state not trying to ruin this. Why would they let the people there be?

My point is fuck you. This whole ideology is mental gymnastics in order to justify parasitism on the wider society.

You can't be invaded, because you're surrounded by the state of Norway. Wealth generation is done by individuals educated within the free education system of Norway (and likely others if others move there).

The money brought there to avoid tax was gotten within the system which allowed that money to be generated in the first place (i.e.: Safe, orderly society with free education etc.)

Maybe it will be nice and it will all work out... but call me cynical, I guarantee that big-corp inc. will just use this to drain money out of the system forever concentrating wealth at the top.

?
it's private property
people can expel you from it if they think you're leeching

If no public services are paid by taxation, why would you use the word tax haven?

Hopefully nobody

The difference is that it's voluntary.
It's not possible to leech, you don't know what you're talking about.

>when you flee to liberstad with your billions in USD but then realize you have to convert it to bitcoin and nobody here wants to trade with you for some inexplicable reason

>with tax everyone pays
Nope.

marketwatch.com/story/45-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2016-02-24

Regardless, people do not have any moral obligation to pay for infrastructure (and, of course, the providers of infrastructure have no moral obligation to provide it to people who don't pay).

You pay for what you use. This means private wells for example. Either that or a private company providing water just like it is in the rest of norway. I live in a rural area and there is a private company supplying the water, not the government. If I stop paying the company they obviously shut off my water. This is not taxation.

>the system which allowed that money to be generated in the first place
>actually believing this
western civilization is lost.

>Being this statecucked

You didn't have to write all that shit to tell me that you're a useless commie

desu i'm a short-termist minarchist long-termist ancap but i agree that it's an unfair scenario when the state of norway will be taxing its citizens to essentially provide national defence to this ancap state
can't agree about the education part, though. receiving mandatory state education shouldn't bar you from leaving said state

Go back to Eidsvoll you piece of shit statist.

Thread just started, and slaves are crying already: "IMPOSIBRU, GO PAY TAXES, MAH MASTERS"

So explain then.

If one wished to live in Liberstad he is forced to pay for the services?

So you are forced to pay or get expelled?

OP said
>technically don't have to pay tax

So what's stopping me from leeching?

So... What you mean is, that if money/wealth is made in some system, it should stay in mentioned system forever, in whole.
>no products, people or knowledge should cross borders
>we should live in the caves we originally found

Because money will be made in Norway (not in liberstad), then stashed in liberstad to avoid tax. Or it will be based in Liberstad and have offices in, say, Oslo where people work, etc.

>freedom in yurop
Can I bring my guns?

worth noting that they're not recognising fiat currency

>If one wished to live in Liberstad he is forced to pay for the services?
No, you just don't get the services if you don't pay.

>So what's stopping me from leeching?
There's nothing to leech. If you don't pay/trade, you don't receive services.

Are you seriously so brainwashed you can't understand the concept of voluntary trade?

So let me put it short.

Instead of relying on politicians and their bribed careers deciding how to use your money they stole from you through taxes and inserted into budget, people will form community councils with the highest bidders having the highest positions and manage the common funds deducted from income and other sources.

Woah.

But liberstad is not a state. It's just a private city. It's not a tax haven by any stretch of the imagination. It's just that since the people there don't use government services they don't have to pay tax and they can avoid taxes and fees by using gold, bitcoin and private transactions.

If one wished to live in Liberstad he is forced to pay for the services?
Value for value?
working-minds.com/money.htm

If you wish to live in an apartment building, are you forced to pay rent?

Who would even attack Liberstad? Why can't they provide their own defense?

you have to pay for services if you want to use them, yes. if you want to use somebody's road you have to abide by their terms. if you want water supplied to your house, you have to abide to the terms of the water provider.
by all means you can just not use water or sewage systems or roads if you like, nobody will force you to pay if you don't want to use them

No, it means people who paid tax to provide for another person, in principle, expects you to feed back into the system as a point of honor.

If you wish to leave, fine. I'm ok with that.

If you wish to start your own microstate within the state to avoid feeding back in? You're skirting the surface of treason.

>Who would even attack Liberstad?
Wait till I get to Norway.

>Norway must defend Liberstad from some buttmad Indonesian

i understand that it's possible for them to provide their own defence, but they definitely have a higher amount of defence than would otherwise occur because they're surrounded by norway which itself is very unlikely to be attacked as it's part of the (((((EU)))))
the people who would attack liberland are likely those who are afraid that people will once again see that the free market is the key to a truly great society
in short, (((them)))

OY VEY!!!
Anudda Shoa!

Come and try

I got very happy when I heard about this project. Because this is not a failed meme project like Liberland. This is actually a realistic project that is underway right at this moment. They just need to sell the plots and they'll start building. It's great!

Pls, redpill me on (((( )))) this.

Also, i dont care about crying bitches here, and wish people good luck.

But what you say means, that status quo of some (undetermined, Now?) point should go on infinitely.

Ok so let me get this straight

if you want water you pay a water company
if you want to use the road you pay a road company
if you need the police you'll need to pay them.

Why don't we just combine all these things and call it tax, that way you can use every service without wondering whether you paid the monthly firefighters fee to save your burning house.

is this a landlocked area or does it border the ocean?

Okay, just wait, I'll bring some friends with me.

It is legally a massive tax evasion operation though. They could all just be prosecuted.

I presume you have sales tax in Norway? If you're conducting trade without paying the tax you're evading taxes. The Norwegian government could easily fuck it all up with one undercover cop.

But Norway is part of (((them)))

Also that's a bit like saying Switzerland is unfair because in theory they are surrounded by friendly nations and don't need national defense

the elites aka the kikes
they understand that a society under the free-market is likely to be extremely happy, free and prosperous, and they do not want that. they want subjugation and they want to embody their lust for power in the form of a superstate.

>liberland

it's liberstad, as in libercity. It's not a state, it's just an entirely private city with no government services.

Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? It's going to be part of Norway, part of a commune and county in Norway, just no government services.

Also. If anyone wonders if there will be internet there. It says on the website that internet is one of the first things that will be put in place. In the beginning it will most likely be wireless internet, and also 4G internet that is available within the Marnardal municipality. Fiber internet will be provided as fast as possible for anyone that wants it.

>the common funds deducted from income and other sources.

Woah it's like the exact definition of taxes.

Ancap garbage is so tiresome to argue with.

I was asking what Parentheses means ((())).

You dont need to explain "free market" to ancap.

Landlocked. Otherwise it would be expensive and very accessible to government services. The point is that it is far away from police and such things.

>if you want water you pay a water company
Or dig a well, buy land with a stream/etc.
>if you want to use the road you pay a road company
Or use other avenues of travel, yes.
>if you need the police you'll need to pay them.
Or defend yourself sans-police.

>Why don't we just combine all these things and call it tax, that way you can use every service without wondering whether you paid the monthly firefighters fee to save your burning house.

Because then you're literally forcing people to buy services with the threat of violence if they don't comply. Nobody has any moral right to demand this from someone else.

Norsca should demand tribute from the territory as a proportion of their GDP or invade.

Either they'd get real, really fast, or they'd at least pull their weight.

Because a tax is not voluntary, and with a tax you also pay a load of bureaucrats who line their own pockets and use the money for other purposes like funding gender studies or foreign aid or whatever.

Are you so retarded that you can't pick a couple of services or insurance packages?
Do you also want the government to do your grocery shopping so you can use all the food without wondering whether you get cornflakes or cheetos?

((())) means Jews.

taxes are theft, they are taken at the point of a gun, and you are not free to choose the government "services" of a competing government, based on the mere geographical coincidence of where you're stuck spending most of your time, owning property, etc.

so yeah nothing like that actually

yeah, i suppose i do understand the argument
people would probably go apeshit if switzerland were punished for relying on the national defence of other nations, though, and they'd probably not give a fuck if liberstad was invaded by norway for whatever reason

yeah, i think i mostly agree. while norway is providing defence, liberstad understands that norway isn't contractually obliged to provide defence and so could destroy it at will

You are tired because you are literally to stupid to understand the difference between a voluntary transaction and extortion.

But it's totally different user!

In statism you have to allow government to steal your money otherwise special police will put you in jail forever.

In anarchocapitalism, you can not pay into common fund, but you have to understand that one day couple of community fund collectors may punish you with penalty in dedicated closed facility for people with huge debt in community fund!

(((ancaps))) are jews who got bored with their ordinary reality and want to taste the warlord life.

>le spooky jew boogeyman

((())) surrounds anything which is non-explicitly part of the globalist / zionist agenda but is covertly

i.e:
the (((media)))
(((goldberg)))
(((CNN)))

*pay your fair share or we will come and shoot you

Thanks.

And if he dont like what state does or dont need, whats gonna happen?

What you're describing is a form of statism, not voluntarism. If there are 'community debt collectors' with special rights that other people don't have, it's statism.

>people would probably go apeshit if switzerland were punished for relying on the national defence of other nations
Swiss defence policy is dictated by Congress of Vienna you dumb Briton.

Always a curious sight how mad brainwashed statists get at the mere idea of someone being left alone and not bothering anybody else.

It must be a subconscious psychological reaction similar to that of anti gun people, where they get triggered so hard they start to get mad as fuck and argue with their little strawmen memes.

They will still be forced to pay taxes because it's a city in Norway so just build a normal city. Anyway, I don't believe it could ever work, people get in conflict and only think of their own well being and maintain nothing such as things like road.

>'community debt collectors' with special rights that other people don't have
They're just doing ordinary debt collecting duty for community fund. I don't know what are you complaining about. Unlike in statism, community police deals with actual crime, debtors are convinced to pay their debts by debt collectors or else it will be collected via peonage.
I bet you are some fucking welfare-junkie nigger who only wants to take the fruit of anarcho capitalistic society and give nothing in exchange, but it's not how free market works!

>people [...] only think of their own well being
That is literally the point

If there is a mandatory 'community fund,' it's statism.

I'm a business owner employing 20 people and I own a couple of houses I rent out for some passive income.

Why would I argue in favor of ancap if I was living on welfare?

>Welfare
>Ancap
Pick one statecuck

Also you wouldn't know the free market if it launched a recreational thumb nuke into your sore rectum

>Pls, go give your money to my (((politicians))).

Meaning they wont spend any money on things the community needs such as road. Why spend money on the greater good when you personally will be worse off?

kek is real. checked

people would pay road owners to use their roads
what is the issue

i failed

>state government will willingly permit a rival state inside its borders
TOP KEK
It will fail, and if it doesn't then Norway will make it fail. Learn 2 realism.

>No reading comprehension

it's okay kek forgives

From Norwegian constitution:

§ 1.
Kingdom of Norway is a free, independent, indivisible and inalienable realm. Its form of government is limited and hereditary monarchy.

The moment you start saying you are outside the kingdom of Norway, meaning not obeying Norwegian law and the right of Norwegian authorities to conduct their business as they have legal mandates to do, you admit to wilfully breaking the constitution.

It could work as long as they work within the system already in place, but shadow currencies, black markets etc just shorten the lifespan of the project.

I just read the whole page. It also says you have to comply with all of norways laws. So this is bullshit from the start.

>implying I can read fucking Norwegian
Anyway, realism is universal.