IDW's Jem hasn't been turned in to a Netflix animated show yet because...? It needs to happen. Right Now

IDW's Jem hasn't been turned in to a Netflix animated show yet because...? It needs to happen. Right Now.

No it doesn't, fuck you.

Eh, I don't know if Hasbro would do that. Comics seem to be a safe zone for them to let people do more "adult" things with their properties, much like there are gay Transformers in IDW's one, I don't think they'd be showing up in any animated shows anytime soon

Jem of course is nowhere near the money maker Transformers is these days, so there is a higher likelihood of something like that happening, but even still I feel like Hasbro still has an interest in reviving the brand for a younger crowd despite recently failing, since they are primarily a toy company after all so ultimately I feel like any attempt would go into something they would plan a toyline for. I could more imagine an adaption loosely based on it but more focused on a younger audience or an entirely new animated series aimed at such an audience

Remember how bad that movie bombed? Do you even remember that Jem got a movie?

No one is going to be putting serious money behind a Jem and the Hologram project again

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Hasbro can be pretty tenacious, though probably not any time soon.

The movie tanked because:
1. It wasn't Jem so didn't appeal to fans nor newbies.
2. Marketing was piss poor, in fact non existent.
3. Terrible word of mouth right from the get go put people off
4. It was boycotted by Christy Marx fans because of her being shut out of the project.
And I could go on and on.

The comic book is what people wanted, it is very much Jem and is packed with subtle references to the original and I think it's great. Shame Campbell was not the artist for the full run. The art gets pretty shit after her departure. Also a lot of characters being fat and gay is annoying but its fits it's modern day setting so I'm fine with it. If the movie was like the comic then it would have done a lot better.

If Jem got a new cartoon it would probably air on Discovery Family.

>this needs to happen
>you need to read this
>10 things you need to try
Fuck off and die.

>Samefag is triggered
kek

Netflix is busy t-bagging anime right now.

I would only want a reboot cartoon if it had fashion from the 80s and the music was like that too. That's why I liked Jem even though I didn't see it till it was on The Hub.

But I'm also over here wishing for a Captain Planet reboot, which could change everything as long as it kept the same damn ending song as the opening.

Tranny SJW bullshit

If they ever make a cartoon base off the comics the art should be close to the comics cause the art is the best of the comics.

The movie bombed because studios weren't interested in a jem movie based on the cartoons, but went for a generic movie with the jem franchise thrown on top of it. Similar thing happened with Dragon Ball Evolution.

toys are dying

None of that SJW shit that permeates IDW. No thank you to fat lesbians.

Only two ways a reboot would work. One, if it's faithful to the trappings and characteristics of the original show and set in the same era.

Or TWO. A more tongue-in-cheek Brady Bunch movie approach set in the present day, but somehow all the original characters are still stuck in the 80s and somewhat naive about the attitudes of the present. The Holograms, Misfits and that other group are regarded as the top three retro novelty acts of the present day

they should make jem an actual gem and the show can take place in a jewelry store

>it is very much Jem

I don't remember fat lesbians and PC pandering in the original.

>Jem and the Misfits exist in the IDW Hasbroverse
>But not THESE Jem and the Misfits
Why? It's not like Jem doesn't have any science fiction elements to it. Hell, IDW Transformers have fancy hologram tech! Why nor include them in the fun?

The comic isn't PC SJW .It just happens to have a trans character and one chubby character and they barely talk about that stuff. That one episode with Stormer and Kimber was pretty gay.

>Or TWO. A more tongue-in-cheek Brady Bunch movie approach set in the present day, but somehow all the original characters are still stuck in the 80s and somewhat naive about the attitudes of the present. The Holograms, Misfits and that other group are regarded as the top three retro novelty acts of the present day

This is the worst idea, Jem was a bit unintentionally funny as practically all 80s cartoons were but it wasn't a straight up comedy, that style of movie would be as much of an injustice if not worse than what we actually got

>chubby
Kids are chubby, that bitch is just fat.

Campbell's artwork is stunning and then later on they got an artist that draws like this for a story arc.. like what the fuck even is this? Who approved this?

Netflix already spent millions on a show about trannies that no one watched and it got canceled.

Fuck you. It's a fine idea.

>Campbell's artwork is stunning

If you're into chalky, bloated scene girls.

It's about a good idea as Transformers: The Musical would be.

Though, on second thought I might watch that.

Is that official artwork? That looks awful

>It's about a good idea as Transformers: The Musical would be.
Bring Stan Bush back and it will be the greatest idea ever done.

It hasn't because its fucking horrid and a netflix show won't save it. Retard

>mfw they made Stormer 200 pounds

You're the retard.

They also made Aja fat and they look the same in the comic so it can sometimes be hard to tell them apart